My very favorite person to do a makeover on is my mom. She is so incredibly beautiful and I just plain love her face.
And I love to see her feel her prettiest.
What I used:
I had a few requests for a post to round up my favorite pregnancy products. It’s not a huge list because I think most of what you need during pregnancy is preparation for the BABY. But I’ll do a list of my favorite baby stuff next week maybe. There still are a few clutch items that I think every mom to be should know about so here you go!
1. Bump Nest Pillow. First and foremost. Above everything on this list. If you are pregnant, get this pillow. It will be the best $100 you have ever spent in your life. It’s so soft and cozy and fits perfectly. I have left it before when we’ve gone out of town and I it made me realize all over again how much I love it. Thank you so much to all the readers who told me to go for it!
2. Maternity Top. I love this H&M shirt so much. It’s light and fits really cute. I also love this dress from Gap that’s on sale right now! And..this cute top from Target. I love getting inexpensive maternity wear because I’m so weird about spending money on bump clothes since I can only wear them for a short time!
3. Unisom. When I was in the midst of the dreaded “green haze” portion of pregnancy with 24 hour nausea not much of anything actually helped at all. (I’m sure many of you can relate!) BUT one thing that was the difference between deaths door and possibly-somewhat-coherent was Unisom. My doc told me to take a half a Unisom every night which I did, faithfully. I know this is pretty much common knowlege but I felt it was helpful enough that I couldn’t leave it off the list.
4. Trilastin Stretch Mark Prevention. I’m not sure this stuff actually prevents stretch marks but it is VERY moisturizing and smooth and it smells amazing. Plus, stretch marks or not, I need to keep my middle lubed up or it gets SOOOO itchy.
5. Maternity Jeans. These Asos Jeans are my favorite BY FAR. They fit the belly really well and keep their shape.
6. Mints. Even long after the nausea (but especially during it) I had to have a good taste in my mouth or I start feeling really icky. Mint worked for a while, ginger worked after that and when I got sick of both of those I even sucked on jolly ranchers. I’m sure the sugar isn’t the greatest but if you milk one piece for a while it’s probably no biggie compared to feeling awful!
So what about you all? Anything here I missed ??
I come to you with another installment of shadow school! We are almost through the different techniques (just a couple more) and then we will move to colors (for your eyes & skin tones) and some other fun stuff. I hope you are all enjoying it so far!
Photos by Jessica Janae
Step one: Prime those lids! Seriously I always want to skip this step but it’s not worth it!
Step Two: Using a fluffy brush cover your whole lid with a Midi Shadow – MAC Soft Brown in Photo- (any medium shade shadow colors are included!) From your lashline all the way up to where your brow bone begins.
Step Three: Take a Crease Brush and a deep shade to softly run across the lash line. (MAC SMUT in photo)
Step Four: Using a Light Shadow (preferably one with a little shimmer) and a fluffy brush highlight right below the arch of your brow. (MAC Nylon in photo)
Why I love it: It’s so simple! And looks really flawless with a teensy bit of effort.
Pair it with: Some tightline eyeliner and lashes for an extra glamorous look!
Who it looks fabulous on: It looks especially pretty on prominent eyes and hooded eyes. (weird because those are kind of seem like opposites, but it’s true:) Because it recedes the lid right above the eyeball and brings the arch forward to balance everything out.
I love this. It seems you have to be careful where you place compliments and criticism. They each have their place.
OK so I know I’ve been kind of on a bender with this author but my latest greatest I-couldn’t-put-you-down book is The Hypnotist’s Love story. I don’t like giving away much with my book recommendations but for some reason this one didn’t seem that interesting to me so I put it off for a while but when I finally picked it up I was hooked in like two pages.
I really LOVE this adorable dress!
I think I love this Diaper Bag. I need to pick one already!
This pasta dish looks like absolute heaven to me right now.
I’m getting pretty excited about this IT Cosmetics Gel Liner Right now. It’s super black, easy to smooth on and stays in the tear line!
And I might just have to get this little Too Faced Collection ASAP!
Did I mention how much I adore this makeup!?
i hope you all have a terribly good weekend!