If my bathroom was burning down and I only had time to grab 10 makeup items, these would be my picks.
This will be a good guide for anyone who is trying to start a basic makeup collection…
Tomorrow I will show you my top 10 brushes and on Wednesday I will do my makeup using only those items.
Don’t worry, I haven’t forgot about Marisa Miller makeup, I’ll post that Friday.
1. $4.29 Rimmel Bronzer in Sundance.
Truth be told I let $30 Nars Bronzer sit on my bench and play this little underdog 9 times out of ten.
2. $28 Laura Mercier – Secret Camouflage – SC3
Best Concealer ever.
3. $29 Makeup Forever Uplight
I love this luminizer, but really, any luminizer will do.
4. $40 Makeup Forever HD Foundation
My FAVORITE. I love the huge selection of color options and the coverage is so natural looking!
5. $7 Voluminous L’Oreal - Carbon Black
If you like huge, thick lashes like I do then you will love this!
6. $28 Sephora – Moonshadow Baked Pallet
So many gorgeous basic colors in one ultra affordable collection.
7. $15 MAC – Eye Kohl – Teddy
Perfect color! Just dark enough to define the eye without looking harsh.
8. $5 Cover Girl – Eye Pencil – Mink or Smokey Taupe
I use this to line my lips…sound crazy but it is the perfect neutral to give me a base for any color and the depth contours my lips into looking HUGE!
9. $15 MAC – Eye Shadow – Charcoal Brown
I use this to define my brows. It’s great because it’s ashy.
10. 19.50 MAC – Creme blush – Brit Wit
This color is so natural looking and gives you the perfect amount of radiance without looking too “blushy”