Featured

Well Hello!

After 6 years of blogging this has been my longest time away EVER!

So far 2017 has been one of the most wonderful and crazily busy years of my life.

After releasing our artist program, moving and just living the life that 2 toddlers, a 6 year old and a teenager involves I had to take a little break…which turned into a very long break!

When I first started this blog it was strictly for makeup & beauty and as the years rolled by real life slipped in here and there but I always tried to keep it mostly about beauty because that’s what I’m good at and who wants to hear about my life all the time, amirite?

The last couple of years I have posted less often because I found myself in kind of a tricky situation. I have always said that beauty is pretty dang simple. I have always preached that it doesn’t have to be a big part of your life. You don’t have to buy a billion products. I even made my own company that made it so simple and so quick and so few products to back up my whole philosophy and the truth is: I live that philosophy! I don’t think about beauty or makeup that much myself. I don’t have a ton of products! I don’t spend more than 5 minutes on my get ready in the morning.

I’m especially in a stage of my life where it isn’t realistic for me to come up with a new look to wear each day. I remember the days that I did and I imagine there are days like that in my future because it is fun and I love that there are so many ways now to get inspiration from bloggers and youtubers who are doing wild and amazing new looks all the time.  But for me..right now, that just wouldn’t be genuine.

But I’ve really been missing this outlet and the lovely friends I’ve gained here.

So maybe, if it’s ok with you…if anyone is still reading here at all, you won’t mind if I pop in with some snippets, some favorites, some tutorials and whatever is going on and even if its not every day or even every week. It’s something I can’t let go of because there’s still, there’s always, good things to share with good people who have become good friends.

So hello again! If you’re not following me on instagram we have A LOT to catch up, you should head over there.

Here’s the quick version though:

I have a daughter! We were blessed with a beautiful 14 year old girl in October who we plan to make ours forever next month! (she’s 15 now and we had the most wonderful quinceanera for her a few weeks ago and I CANNOT WAIT to show you the photos.)

We adopted our son! My little Braden joined our forever family on April 22nd. He is a JOY and we are all so so lucky to have him in our home.

Here’s our sweet video of the adoption and sealing day.

Braden Adoption from Filmable Moments on Vimeo.

We started our artist program with Maskcara and it TOTALLY took off! Nick who saw some of the most success he ever has by making it to the web.com PGA tour last year, decided to take a year off from chasing his dream and help me chase mine. We have grown to 15 times the makeup sales than we had last year which has been so cool but also very crazy to keep up with, so I am so grateful to have had him here. I come from a place of being a total direct sales hater so it took me years to even consider doing that type of a business for Maskcara but now I am so so happy I did. It is such a joy to be able to work with so many incredible women and see their passion for making other women feel beautiful. (if you’re at all interested in how/why I made the conversion I spoke on it in a podcast HERE

I also talked my parents to move in with us and we LOVE it. The kids love to have their grandparents around, we love to have my moms cooking and her beautiful face and my dads calming presence and baby cuddling arms, our home has never been a happier place than it is now.

Love you all, so happy to be back! Comment below to let me know if I’m talking to myself or not OK!? haha

151 Comments

capriciouspropinquity
    May 15, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Yay! Happy we’ll hear from you now and again. Thanks for the updates, love that you’re keeping it real and staying true to who you are and your priorities!!! Way to go!

Michelle Mabilog
      May 15, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Yep! Still here! :-)….patiently waiting,wondering what you were up to..i thought it was me missing your posts 🙂 …it’s great you have been quite busy with so many wonderful things!!!..i just love how you make make up so simple,i still go back to your posts and refresh my knowledge ;-)…

Michelle Fortune
      May 15, 2017 at 11:09 pm

Of course I still follow you here and have been on IG and fb for a while! It always made my day to read your stuff ❤ So don’t stop please! You’re the first person to introduce me to contouring (sad I didn’t know before then;) so thank you!

Diane
      May 16, 2017 at 1:51 am

Still here Too! Excited to see you post again! Got it in my inbox today and was ☺ Many continued blessings to you&your beautiful family….

Sara
      May 16, 2017 at 8:06 am

Definitely still here! What an amazing journey you’ve had and such a gorgeous family!! Love seeing your posts!

Jess
    May 15, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Still reading! It’s great to see a blog post from you! And I think they are all interesting – beauty, family, work, adoption, outfits… they’re all great!

Jax
    May 15, 2017 at 9:09 pm

You are so gorgeous and amazing! It’s awesome to see all the hard work you’ve put in and all your success in return. Congrats on your beautiful family! I’ll always be a fan

Elizabeth Hayes
    May 15, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Yay!!! So glad you are coming back! I used to LIVE for your tutorials you used to do in your kitchen. I can’t wait to see what you have been up to with beauty and your family.

Ashley Grissom
      May 16, 2017 at 7:18 am

^^^^ Me too! I’ve been following her for so long she really does feel like a friend. My makeup still consists of her old school essentials! 🙂

Shelly
    May 15, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Glad you’re back! I’ve really missed your before and afters.

Kelsey Romito
    May 15, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Cara, you are such an inspiration for me on how to prioritize my life! I struggle with finding time to do all the things I have to do and fitting in things I want to do. You always remind me that being a mother and wife is my first priority. Doing so brings me more joy than anything else ever could! You are a wonderful person and I wish you and your adorable family all the happiness in the world.
    **ps from my husband to yours- GO DUKE!!

Cat
    May 15, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Of course we are still here! You were definitely missed and we still love you! It’s great to hear from you again and I’m so happy you are doing well and to see your family has grown so much! Thank you for always being so kind to share your thoughts and your life with us. xoxo

Maria
    May 15, 2017 at 9:12 pm

So many wonderful things happening for you and your family! Loved getting an update. Thanks for sharing with us!

Vera Merlo
    May 15, 2017 at 9:13 pm

My is overflowing with joy for your family. It is lovely to hear how happy you are having your parents living with you. Their help must be wonderful. This country should do more of that.

Panchami Rao
    May 15, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Amazing to have you back!! Missed you so much! There is so much of positivity in ll your posts!

Sandra Zruna
    May 15, 2017 at 9:15 pm

So happy to hear from you! I’ve missed your blog! Your adoption video made me cry, what a beautiful family you are blessed with! ❤

Meg Muse
    May 15, 2017 at 9:22 pm

It always makes me happy to hear from people thriving and enjoying time with family. No need to feel sorry for being away… that is just simply a life well spent.

Kim McCarthy
    May 15, 2017 at 9:23 pm

You’re amazing in so many ways! Happy to have received this new post in my inbox today.

Nicole
    May 15, 2017 at 9:24 pm

We are still here! We love you and your tips and tricks and genuine kindness and love for all kinds of beauty! Congratulations on your beautiful family!

Janelle Williams
    May 15, 2017 at 9:25 pm

so beautiful – what a joyful, generous, loving family – thank you for sharing – very touching – crying tears of joy – wonder keyboard is still working 🙂

MS
    May 15, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Soooo happy you’re writing!!!! Love hearing from you!!

Lacey Smith
    May 15, 2017 at 9:34 pm

It’s so good to hear from your beautiful self!!!! I was so happy to see the email that you had posted. I can’t watch the video yet as I’m not around the right people to ugly cry in front of but I will soon, congrats on all the big events you’ve had this year!!!

Amber
    May 15, 2017 at 9:40 pm

I so missed you! So glad you are so happy! Congrats on everything!

Lauren
    May 15, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Still here, still love you!! Maybe even more for all that you’ve done. It’s an inspiration. I’m so happy for you!

Lindsay K McGuire
    May 15, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Started out following your makeup/beauty tutorials. Then I became inspired by your personal story with fostering. I’ve always had a heart for children and have felt God calling me in that direction. I still haven’t taken that leap of faith yet, but you have definitely encouraged me to seriously consider it. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. You are a blessing.

r
    May 15, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Still here! And missing your posts! I actually googled a girly personal one I knew you had done a while ago because I wanted some insight! Also, I miss reading about your hair styles and tutorials!
    Glad to know your getting back to your roots a bit!

Chara
    May 15, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Was so happy to see this in my inbox! Still here.. and would love to hear more updates on whatever you’re doing. Congratulations on all the happy news!!! Like catching up with an old friend. 😉

Madeline
    May 15, 2017 at 9:54 pm

You and Nick are amazing people. Gods light shines so bright through you both. You guys are such an inspiration. God bless. ❤️

Marly
    May 15, 2017 at 10:02 pm

What a wonderful surprise to hear from you again! I’ve miss you and your tutorials and Monday Makeovers.

Emily
    May 15, 2017 at 10:03 pm

That video was so sweet- it brought tears to my eyes. You must have a huge heart. I was adopted (along with my six siblings) when I was 15 years old. It truly changed the course of my life and I’m so grateful to my adoptive parents every day for the sacrifices they made to open their home and hearts to us. Congrats to your sweet family! ❤️❤️❤️

fashionworld8
    May 15, 2017 at 10:10 pm

fvgcfvgf

Sarah Lehman (@sarahannelehman)
    May 15, 2017 at 10:19 pm

No, you’re not talking to yourself! Like so many others, I have grown to love you and your blog. I will take my Maskcara blog fix in whatever way and however often you are willing/able to share.

Alice Kindseth
    May 15, 2017 at 10:41 pm

I s found your blog a few years ago on Pinterest and was wanting to read one of your tutorials. ibwatched one of your videos and your kindness and genuineness is what made me want to keep reading your blogs.

As much as I still love your makeup tips and tutorials, I love hearing about your life as well. Your fostering and subsequent adoptions are beautiful stories and I would love to hear more about it.

As a mom, it is fun to hear about others experiences. We all grow and find new interests and I personally would love to hear about yours.

You are so kind and genuine and it shows in your actions. Also.. I find I can’t spell mascara without the k 🙂

-Alice

Carissa
    May 15, 2017 at 10:46 pm

So so happy to see you back!! I love the transition; it’s refreshing and makes me happy to see you happy and successful! Keep up all the great things

Kristina
    May 15, 2017 at 10:46 pm

I love hearing about your family as much as your makeup. Glad you’re back!

Wb
    May 15, 2017 at 10:47 pm

So good to see you again and thanks for that amazing video.

Lindsey
    May 15, 2017 at 10:49 pm

I’ve missed you ! Many blessings to you and your growing family. How wonderful!!!

Jill
    May 15, 2017 at 11:15 pm

Your adoption video is so beautiful. What a wonderful and blessed life!

Marsi
    May 15, 2017 at 11:53 pm

You are so wonderful ! Love reading the new blog post ! I’ve been following since the beginning and will until the end! Thank you for your awesome makeup! Your family is so precious!

Krista
    May 15, 2017 at 11:59 pm

I love this post! Thanks for sharing. It’s good to hear from you.

kathleen marquez
    May 16, 2017 at 12:05 am

I have been following you for so long. And just like you, I began to follow because of your beauty tutorials, but now my life has changed to. I’m now a mom and I can understand so much more of where you are coming from. Personally, I love seeing pics of the kids and family stuff. That’s exactly what’s appealing to me right now. Before and afters are fun here and there. But I’m so happy to see your so involved with your family and so happy. Much love from Los Angeles

Patti Soltero
    May 16, 2017 at 1:20 am

So glad to finally hear about all the great things going on in your life. Welcome back. Your loyal followers will always be here for you when you need them. Sending happy thoughts, prayers and blessings to you and your beautiful, growing family. Xo

Stephanie Ledet
    May 16, 2017 at 1:27 am

Love that you are back!

Dani Fagan
    May 16, 2017 at 1:58 am

Been too long! I was just thinking the other day that I missed your posts. Your blog and your youtube videos is what brought me to Maskcara – keep going! xx

Dani Fagan
    May 16, 2017 at 1:59 am

Your family is awesome too, so many changes and love going around x

Melissa Wendt
    May 16, 2017 at 2:12 am

You have the most beautiful reasons to be away from blogging! We’re always here for when you pop in!

Brenda
    May 16, 2017 at 3:11 am

Good to know how awesome your family is expanding, so enjoy the before and afters. Still need to try your products

Maria Wright
    May 16, 2017 at 3:14 am

Cara!!! You’re back!!!!!! Hi.
    It’s so wonderful to see a post from you again on here. Congratulations on all your successes and your incredible family. You spread so much love and beauty in the world, you deserve it!

Amanda Blair
    May 16, 2017 at 3:50 am

That’s an amazing year! So so happy to hear you have been so extremely blessed! And also happy you are back! 🙂 I love your tutorials and make-overs…you are actually the only beauty blog I follow! Gasp! I know. Haha. Praying for your continued success and blessings to come!

Emma Phillips
    May 16, 2017 at 4:15 am

Still here! Love your beautiful photos. x

Haley
    May 16, 2017 at 4:21 am

Still here and loving watching your family grow! Xoxo

Janna Frei
    May 16, 2017 at 4:57 am

I’ve missed you Cara! Happy to hear your good news!

Shannon
    May 16, 2017 at 4:58 am

Your back! YEAH!!!!!!! 🙂

Teresa
    May 16, 2017 at 4:58 am

I’m so happy for you & your family! You’re an inspiration to me❤

Allison Mills
    May 16, 2017 at 5:17 am

So happy for you, Cara. I’ve followed your blog for a very long time. I remember how excited I was when you launched your makeup line in the beginning. It’s funny how I don’t know you personally at all, but feel so much excitement for you when I hear how wonderfully your life & business are going. I think many of us are totally invested in what’s happening with you! 🙂 Thanks for inspiring me!!

Jamie Rogers
      May 16, 2017 at 5:27 am

I totally remember her first launch, I believe it was a Black Friday. Love her products

Jamie Rogers
    May 16, 2017 at 5:26 am

Hi Cara! Congratulations on all that has been going on for you! I actually stop by your website every now and again to make sure I haven’t missed anything, so I’m glad to have an update. I’ve used your makeup from day and will continue to do so! Have a great day

Ann Correia Cordeiro
    May 16, 2017 at 5:41 am

Welcome back. You deserved that break. Congrats on your new additions to your family. God Bless you all Cara.

jessvii
    May 16, 2017 at 6:00 am

I am still here too. Never did make the conversion to buying more than just an illuminator from your brand (I have no idea what colors I’d be, sorry – just never saw anyone that looked like me in the Before and Afters). But I come here for all things beauty, and also the personal stuff too (I remember the tithe post was very interesting to me, and I’m also a mom, so that stuff is cool too).

Kristen
    May 16, 2017 at 6:14 am

Hello! You’re not talking to yourself! It’s great to hear from you and thank you for the life update! Your story is so heart touching you have such a big heart. It’s refreshing to read about. Glad to hear from you again !

Julie
    May 16, 2017 at 6:18 am

So happy to hear from you. You do what makes you and your family happy.

closet to street
    May 16, 2017 at 6:29 am

HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN!

Diana C.
    May 16, 2017 at 6:55 am

Hello Cara, read every word. Congratulations on your growing family, and all the blessings that come with it. Yes, I was wondering where you went, so happy to hear your absence was for joyous reasons.

I do have a question… Nexus has d/c’d their KeraPhix cream conditioner reconstrctor. Can you recommend a comparable product for my hair? My skin and scalp leans oily and hair is straight and thin in texture, though I have a lot of it. I wear my hair medium length and use a demi color on it every 2-3 months. Thank you in advance; and again, congratulations!

Angeline
    May 16, 2017 at 7:02 am

I was so happy to see this post pop up on my feed! Congratulation on all the success and your growing family.

Lbpv
    May 16, 2017 at 7:06 am

Yep, I’m still hear listening. Glad to see you post on the blog because it sounds like you have your hands full. You know it was never just about your beauty posts! Whatever you want to share please do!

Ashley Grissom
    May 16, 2017 at 7:12 am

Yay, please post whatever your heart desires, love hearing about your life! Congratulations on everything!

Stephanie F
    May 16, 2017 at 7:12 am

Cara! I’ve followed your blog for so many years I feel like we’re friends too, which now makes me feel a little creepy! haha. So happy for you and your wonderful family and your awesome make up brand. I wish you continued success and will read anything you want to write 🙂

Lisa Ogles
    May 16, 2017 at 7:17 am

I love you and I love your blog! You are so Real and Genuine and relatable, it’s very refreshing. When I started watching your videos and subscribing to your blog I had one 2 year old little girl. Now I have three little girls and the oldest is 6. I totally feel ya with the time thing, as much as I loooove your tutorials, I don’t have time to try them on myselfas my beauty routine is 5 minutes tops, if it even happens ha! But amen to wanting to connect and share still, happy to listen to you talk about your lovely life.

Stephanie
    May 16, 2017 at 7:27 am

Cara, it is SO GOOD to hear from you!! Still having tears from your adoption video!! Girlfriend, you made such an impact on my life 6 years ago when I started following you–I will ALWAYS welcome ANYTHING from you!! And, it warms my heart SO MUCH to know that you are growing your sweet family with children who desperately need love!!!! Keep doing what you do–shining that light for the world to see! Many blessings to you and your family!!

Michelle Bridges-Bell
    May 16, 2017 at 7:32 am

So excited to hear from you!! Congratulations on your growing family!! Looking forward to hearing and seeing more!

Elizabeth B
    May 16, 2017 at 7:32 am

I have missed you!! I’m so glad to have you back and I have tears in my eyes writing this. My cousin was adopted when she was 6 months old and has been a joy to our family ever since. (She’s 43!) It makes life so worth living. You are awesome and I love seeing your posts. I can’t wait to follow along with the full family. Welcome back! XOXO

Ruby Shah
    May 16, 2017 at 7:46 am

The video was beautiful..crying before you guys even entered the courthouse. Love to hear from you! Congratulations on everything you are such a beautiful person both inside and outside. XXXOOO

Laurie Andrews
    May 16, 2017 at 7:48 am

Wow you really have had a lot going on! I have missed your posts and was happy to see one from you! I hope you keep posting when possible 🙂 I also enjoy reading about your adoption stories because I have often thought that someday I would like to do that.

Liz
    May 16, 2017 at 7:54 am

I’m still reading! Congrats on your big family additions!

Danielle Ferrie
    May 16, 2017 at 7:54 am

Yay for adoption!!! I’ve loved hearing you advocate for fostering. My husband and I plan to start as soon as I graduate!

Abby
    May 16, 2017 at 7:55 am

I’m here! Happy to hear from you and you know, you can post about anything! It doesn’t have to just be about beauty. I’ve been following your fostering/adopting journey on instagram and I love it!

Nina
    May 16, 2017 at 8:04 am

Still here and LOVE the update! Sending so much love to you and your beautiful, growing family!

Anna Costantini
    May 16, 2017 at 8:06 am

I’ve been following you on Instagram and am thrilled you’ll be doing a bit of blogging again! You have such a way with words and the Instagram posts only give us a little snippet. Congratulations on the new and upcoming adoptions! May God continue to bless you and your family!

Sumner Martinez
    May 16, 2017 at 8:27 am

I am happy to see you back! Congratulations on all the life changing events! and on the adoption of your babes. Love the update!

Bobbi Weeks
    May 16, 2017 at 8:30 am

Still here! Good to see you back and happy for all the blessings in your life!

Stephanie
    May 16, 2017 at 8:32 am

So happy to see you are back and doing to well! Your video on your adoption and forever family choice made me cry–so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your inspirational story. I can’t wait to see more!

Kristen
    May 16, 2017 at 8:37 am

I’m still here. Keep the posts and emails coming. I love it. I’m so happy for you. Congrats on all of these wonderful things in your life. You have worked hard to get here.

Sarah Ferrucci
    May 16, 2017 at 9:06 am

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful life with us! It is so good to hear from you ! I’m so happy such wonderful things are happening in your life!

Holly
    May 16, 2017 at 9:12 am

You are such a beautiful person, inside and out, and I am so glad that you’re back! I hope that you keep posting when you can and I’ll be here reading!

Bets
    May 16, 2017 at 9:20 am

So happy for you Cara! I feel like I can speak for all your followers in saying that we just want you to take care of you and your sweet family, and we will be happy and excited to read/watch any new posts you have in the future. Welcome back, and again congrats on your new additions!

Melinda
    May 16, 2017 at 9:21 am

Yay! Glad you’re back. Love your life posts. I’ve been gone a while too and didn’t know about your adoptions. Congrats! We’re considering foster/adopting so I’m looking forward to reading about your experience.

rachelwilkie87
    May 16, 2017 at 9:34 am

Really glad to see this post and read that you are doing so well! I look forward to whatever you have time to share. You have a beautiful heart and mind that blesses me and your other readers. God bless you. 🙂

Patti G
    May 16, 2017 at 9:44 am

Still here Love your posts, and the person that you are.

Katie
    May 16, 2017 at 10:01 am

Congratulations!! Congratulations on all the fun and crazy things going on in your life! And thanks for thinking of us!! haha 😉 So glad your busy is doing well and for your move and for you being able to help more kids feel they love they need. I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day! How nice to have your mom so close =)
    xoxo
    Katie

Heidi
    May 16, 2017 at 10:03 am

Oh man Cara, I am just in tears after watching that video! You have such a big heart and a beautiful family and the world is a better place having you in it. And I can’t wait for what’s to come!

Debora
    May 16, 2017 at 10:29 am

YAY! You’re back! I’ve missed you. But so enjoy learning about your huge hearts and growing family, congratulations!
    I hold out hope that one day you’ll find yourself in Houston, Texas so I can schedule a makeover with you!

Jill
    May 16, 2017 at 10:41 am

I agree with everyone above…I love the family updates in addition to the makeup. I would imagine that with a 15yo daughter you’d have an awesome canvas for makeup tutorials! 🙂 Can’t wait to hear more.

Elizabeth Gilbert
    May 16, 2017 at 10:52 am

I’ve been subscribed to your blog via email for a few years now; here’s my comment letting you know I’m still here!

Michelle Wong
    May 16, 2017 at 11:31 am

I’m still reading! Please, keep posting. Love everything you you post about, makeup, beauty or not.

Mackenzie
    May 16, 2017 at 11:54 am

Still reading – love ALL your posts! Congrats on the new addition to your family, it’s been a joy to follow along with your journey on Insta!

Nicole
    May 16, 2017 at 11:55 am

Your video made me cry. Seriously, sitting at my desk at work with tears just streaming down my face! As a new Mom who is trying to balance a full time job and new Mom life, you are such an inspiration!

Elizabeth Stelley
    May 16, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Yes!!! We’re still here! I’ve been checking in every couple of days to see if there is a new post. I figured you must be incredibly busy with marketing Maskcara, and it looks like it’s been wildly successful – congratulations! I can’t wait to see more posts from you in the future.

Andrea Lafaver
    May 16, 2017 at 12:33 pm

yes!!!! we are still here. I love your posts, tutorials, makeup…..everything. So glad you are back and you are doing so well.

Ann Kelly
    May 16, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Miss your posts and would love if you continue in any capacity! Your adoption video was so incredibly beautiful and touching. Congratulations to your entire family.

Katie
    May 16, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Good to hear from ya! Don’t feel bad for this crazy stage in life that you are at. Anytime you post, it is a joy to read and get a glimpse into your life. It is inspiring what you are doing for these kids.

Miranda Hust
    May 16, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Welcome back! 🙂

Kristine
    May 16, 2017 at 1:28 pm

Yay! Missed your blog posts!

Melissa M
    May 16, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Yes! Still here and thankful you’re willing to share your heart with us.

Tara
    May 16, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Missed you!! So glad you are back!! So happy for your new family! Thanks for sharing this beautiful video! Families are forever!!

Angela
    May 16, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Wow! So many big life changes! I’m excited to “meet” your daughter–what a blessing for both of you. And I’m curious about your new home and how you’re making it work with 3 generations. I love seeing your instagram stories <3 but missed you here.

Sarah
    May 16, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Lovely to have you back, I’m still here and you’re still my favourite. You were my first ever makeup YouTuber. I learned so much back then. Live in Oz and couldn’t wait to order your makeup range. Even took the hit on postage as I just couldn’t help myself. Enjoy this next phase and look forward to hearing more from you. Whatever content inspires you is ok by me.

Jen
    May 16, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Still here and excited to hear how well things are going! I LOVE hearing about your adoption process! Myself and my twin sisters (not my sisters biologically) were adopted by the most amazing, loving, caring parents anyone could ask for. We have always grown up knowing how wanted and loved we are, it’s the most beautiful feeling so thank you for sharing your journey!

Rebekah
    May 16, 2017 at 4:26 pm

The makeup is great! But it’s you that has kept me reading. Your life is real and inspiring. 🙂

Alicia
    May 16, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Your adoption video was awesome!! Being adopted myself I love seeing the love of others adopting children. He will be blessed having you as his family, he was chosen!! God Bless you!!

Elizabeth Carpenter
    May 16, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Welcome back Cara! ❤️

Kathleen
    May 16, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Brand new to your makeup and your blog but since I have tried your makeup, I have been so impressed so I continued to watch many of your tutorial videos and I just love you! You teach things that are DOABLE for the average, non-makeup/hair expert, mom of children ages toddler to teens! You have given me a confidence in myself and made me realize I can still feel beautiful even if I only spend a few minutes getting ready each day! I cannot thank you enough! Your hair and makeup tips are amazing and you’ve created a product that I can manage in just a few minutes and still look beautiful and natural. I cannot thank you enough!

Kim
    May 16, 2017 at 9:03 pm

I LOVE your beauty tips and your makeup because I’m a less is more kinda gal just like you 😉 I started reading your blog and following you YEARS ago and my life has changed much like yours has. I have 2 kids and I love reading other mama’s blogs about anything and everything that goes along with mom life. So keep the post coming (when you have time!) and I’ll enjoy reading whether it’s about beauty or family life! Also CONGRATULATIONS on the new additions to your family. I admire you and would love to hear more about your adoption stories! ❤️

JJHeartblog
    May 17, 2017 at 5:38 am

Missed you Cara!

CS
    May 17, 2017 at 7:04 am

Yay! You’re back! Looking forward to your blog posts, you are my fave beauty blogger for the same reasons you describe here and I need more simple and practical beauty tips!

kvalentini
    May 17, 2017 at 7:21 am

Wow, you’re such an inspiration. Your artistry, and how you bring out women’s beauty. And the mom thing – I love hearing about your fostering and adopting. It’s inspired me to look into providing respite care for foster families. 🙂

drandreacampbell
    May 17, 2017 at 8:07 am

I had just come by the site 3 days ago to see if I had somehow been missing your posts in my feed! So glad you e been awol for such lovely reasons. So glad your back!

aabakerbunch
    May 17, 2017 at 8:21 am

What a beautiful day for you! Thank you for sharing your beautiful life and congratulations on the adoption. Hopefully there’s more post to come.

edillow
    May 17, 2017 at 10:22 am

You’re the only beauty blogger I’ve ever been inspired to add to my Feedly list—I just love seeing how you take regular women to have makeup done, so much more fun to watch for me than anything else out there : )

laurab1515
    May 17, 2017 at 10:35 am

I am glad you are back Cara. I missed seeing your blogs.
    Congratulations on all your good news!

Ashley D.
    May 17, 2017 at 11:31 am

So glad you’re back! You’ve been missed. Congratulations on the expansion of your family and your business! Just give us something to read or watch when you can 🙂 I don’t think any of us are going anywhere.

[email protected]
    May 17, 2017 at 1:36 pm

The adoption video touched my heart. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Merrie Hess
    May 17, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Everything that you are is so inspiring. Thank you for your post! You are the only blogger who I read EVERY post from, and I have missed you! You could write about poo and it would be amazing. Love you!!

Emma
    May 17, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Still here!!!! Missed you. I love your writing, your make up tutorials and your sharing of life. I’m so happy to hear everything is going so well for you. You totally inspired me and I set up my own business that’s recently turned 1! Seeing how you juggled with family and keeping a balance has been wonderful. Please do post when you can your writing is lovely. Love from the UK, Emma z

Brittany
    May 17, 2017 at 5:14 pm

Cara, you are so incredibly beautiful, inside and out! Still here, still a huge fan! Thank you for sharing that beautiful video of your forever family, it was gorgeous, I cried! Good luck with your little ones and your wonderful eternal companion, and thank you for including us in your sweet journey! 🙂

Marg Loat
    May 17, 2017 at 5:30 pm

I started following you because of the makeup, but I continue to follow you because of the beautiful person you are. Thanks for sharing your world with us!

Sarah
    May 17, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Eeeeeeek! You’re back!!
    Love your story and reading about you growing!

Allie
    May 18, 2017 at 5:48 am

Congratulations! You’re video made my cry! I’m so happy for you and your family and so happy you’re back!

nicole
    May 18, 2017 at 2:09 pm

I am so happy for you! You are such a beautiful little mommy! I love your video too! It was so sweet and happy!

Molly
    May 18, 2017 at 5:14 pm

I love hearing about your family as well as all your beauty posts! I’ve been using your tips and tricks for years now and I am in love with your makeup brand. You are such a fun, positive person, Cara! I am so happy for you and all the excited changes in your life!

Reina Johnson
    May 18, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Following! What a blessing!

Anna B
    May 19, 2017 at 9:46 am

YES!! welcome back!!!!! Can’t wait to see the quinciera pics!! congrats on all the new and wonderful people and things in your life!! so glad you’re sharing! <3

Dawn Gentry
    May 19, 2017 at 6:18 pm

You’re an amazing makeup artist and a beautiful person. Keep writing about anything at all and I’ll keep reading. Blessings to your sweet family!!

Daniela McMullin
    May 20, 2017 at 7:19 am

Echoing what everyone here is saying: post whatever you want because I love hearing about what you are up to…beauty-related or not. 🙂 You have such a wonderful heart and spirit and your positive attitude is contagious –
    thank you for lifting my spirits over the many years I’ve been a follower. So keep going – we’re all rooting for you and your beautiful family!

Amber Acorda
    May 20, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Touched my heart deeply its so great to have you back I`ve missed you. Thank you for showing beauty and happiness at its truest form. What is the name of the song I`ve been searching the internet high and low for it I`d love to support this artist.

Kelly
    May 21, 2017 at 9:44 am

Yay!! You are finally back! So happy to hear things are so going so well for you!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Annika
    May 22, 2017 at 8:18 am

I´m still here! Checking in on the blog every other day to see if you´re here as well 🙂

So lovely to read about your new forever family members. What a wonderful thing to do for children who need new homes. In Sweden you can become a foster family but you rarely have the chance to make them forever family (love that expression btw).

Jaci
    May 22, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Still here and glad to see you back! I love your beauty stuff, but the instagram and blog posts that have caught my attention lately have been your sweet family’s story. You are inspiring and I look forward to more!

Bryony
    May 22, 2017 at 5:35 pm

So good to hear from you! Your passion for life and others gives my goose bumps every time!! <3 Love from NZ

Sarah
    May 23, 2017 at 11:46 am

I’ve SO missed your blog posts! Glad you’re back and happy!
    xoxo Sarah

Maggie
    May 23, 2017 at 12:29 pm

You are an amazing example of a woman who keeps her priorities on point. that is one of the reasons I always come back to your blog. I would love to read some posts on how your artist business is going. Maybe you could have a few of your “artists” guest post about what it is like to be a mascara artist. Thank you for continuing with your blog!

mildred arroyo
    May 23, 2017 at 1:58 pm

I’ve missed you and your Blogs; however I commend your passion, Spirit and genuine love. Do what you must I’ll be here when you get back. Much love to you and your beautiful family

Lela
    May 23, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Yay! So happy to hear all of your good news and that you will continue blogging about it!

Emily
    May 23, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Oh Cara! This is beautiful!!! Even better than makeup posts! Huge congratulations on your new son and daughter … way to set the bar high for the rest of us mamas with a little extra room in our home and hearts. I hope to foster/adopt one day too.

Seri
    May 23, 2017 at 10:50 pm

I’m thrilled for your family and your business and that you’re back!

Kate
    May 24, 2017 at 8:21 am

Still here! 🙂 congratulations on your growing family! Can’t wait to hear more about it! Like so many, I have followed your blog for several years (kitchen tutorials!)… it’s my favorite and enjoy your posts in whatever form they may take… hair, makeup, outfits, family, home…

Nikki
    May 24, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Congratulations!! Always will be following along 🙂 Your family is absolutely beautiful and that sounds like a dream come true. Your whole family must be thrilled. Lots of love from Philly!

Catherine Ray
    May 25, 2017 at 8:25 am

So very glad to hear that so many wonderful things are happening for you and your family. Also so very glad to have you back. Your positive attitude and smile have been greatly missed! I can’t want to see the pictures from the Quinceanera!

Allison
    May 25, 2017 at 11:36 am

I’d love to know the song on this video too! 🙂 Even Shazam can’t find it.

Catherine Ray
      May 26, 2017 at 6:48 am

It’s Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison.

TravelingBlush
    May 26, 2017 at 9:16 pm

I am so in love with you and your family, and very glad to hear you are thriving. A daughter, wow.

Looking forwar to hearing more from you and being inspired.

Lesley Randles
    May 27, 2017 at 12:17 am

Its wonderful to receive your emails again! You’ve been missed.