Before & Afters

Makeover Monday – Kirsten

Kristen and I met way back in middle school! We have been keeping in touch ever since. A while back she started a podcast called Marvelous Moms Club, which I love listening to. She interviews women who have fun, inspiring or interesting stories that intertwine with motherhood. I have a weakness for true crime podcasts to having her episodes pop up on my feed is always a breath of fresh happy air!

I was so honored to be featured on this weeks episodes! If you’re interested in hearing (there’s two parts one that aired today and one that will air on Wednesday) Here is the link. Hope it’s worth listening to!

We decided we might as well round everything out with a little makeup time for her as well so I got the chance to paint on her beautiful face!

kirstenba

I added some Tomas tanner to her face because I noticed that her chest was pretty tan and I wanted to match everything up nicely. I always love the way warm olive skin looks against dark brown eyes – such a beautiful combo!

She already has gorgeous full brows so I didn’t do much there, just gave them a little more structure and shape and brought them a bit closer together. I like to do that because it brings the attention to the eyes and avoids drawing attention to the forehead.

I HACed withIIID Foundation in amber + ash + a little bit of moonlight right under the eyes. I cannot get over her cheekbones and LOVE how much they stand out with a some extra contour.

I used a little bit of pink grapefruit blush

Her eyes called for a little brown blended smokey eye. I used Oak (on the lid and lower lashes) + Trust (in the crease) + salem (to deepen the crease and lashline) and I used Esqido False Lashes in A Lash Name Desire

Lips I used Lipsense in Nude + Apple Cider (one of my favorite combos!)

Isn’t she just so beautiful!?

cara

14 Comments

betsy70
    November 21, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Beautiful, Cara!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cindy Redman
    November 21, 2016 at 9:24 pm

gorgeous!

Michelle
    November 21, 2016 at 9:28 pm

would love to see a tips and technique video to go with this and all your makeovers. You make the faces, cheekbones and noses look chiseled and do something magical to the eyes that make them stand out in a dreamy way. She looks great- I am blown away by every makeover Monday before and after- you continue to work your magic and its in your technique. Videos are always welcome to fill in the details of how you applied the product listed.
    Cara, Curious if one had a little bump in the nose from a fracture how would one contour it and not draw attention to it?

Dee
    November 21, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Beautiful makeover! I appreciate how you usually keep the hair and outfit the same so you can really spot the difference in the makeup. LOVE her brows especially but the whole application looks flawless!

Ela
    November 22, 2016 at 5:12 am

Such a beautiful makeup! Thanks for the link of the podcast, I’ll listen it now 🙂

Ela BellaWorld

Rose
    November 22, 2016 at 5:37 am

:-O WOW! She was lovely and sweet in the first pic, but OMG STUNNING BOMBSHELL in the after!! gorgeous!!

erin mclachlan
    November 22, 2016 at 6:54 am

She looks beautiful! You are such a contouring magician. She looks so natural but yet 3D, just like the makeup says!

Judie Sigdel
    November 22, 2016 at 9:22 am

This is the best makeover that I’ve ever seen. She still looks like “her,” only enhanced. I had to look closely to see the makeup magic that transformed her. Fabulous job. And she’s beautiful — both before and after! <3

Patti
    November 22, 2016 at 10:39 am

Gorgeous! Beautiful girl and I love the how you played up her eyes and eyebrows – dramatic.

Stephie
    November 22, 2016 at 2:34 pm

She’s beautiful and I love how you enhanced her warm tones! I’m usually scared of wearing too much make-up because it is so easily overdone, however you expertly apply it and the result is stunning. You have a great talent and I would say you are achieving your mission statement spectacularly.

Kiss & Make-up
    November 23, 2016 at 1:37 am

She is already a nartural beauty and you really enhanced what was aleready there!

Kates
    November 27, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Product used for brows??

Sarah
    December 3, 2016 at 11:39 am

She’s beautiful! Cara, would you please consider me for a Makeover Monday? I have been through hell in the past five years and unfortunately, it has taken its toll. I really need your help. Thank you for being a bright light!

Shabi Ghaffari
    December 5, 2016 at 3:06 pm

i love how you always take the before and afters from makeup that looks a little too harsh to something that looks more natural, what are your tips and tricks for that?