Beauty Capsule: Fall Edition Featured Makeup Popular Products

The Beauty Capsule

I cannot tell you how excited I am to unleash my newest favorite thing in the whole wide makeup lovin’ world!

Let me start at it’s birthplace…
As a beauty blogger of sorts you get sent a massive amount of products to try. When this first began I was thrilled beyond belief!
As the products started piling up and piling up I kept trying to find new ways to organize them. Attempt after attempt was made to no avail. I just couldn’t put all of the makeup in a place where I could conceivable use it when I needed it. So I started making stacks. Stacks everywhere. They gave me anxiety and made my makeup session %50 finding things and %50 using things.
One day a few weeks after I had Billy (whilst still driven by hormones..) I said ENOUGH.
No human being needs all of this. It can’t be organized in a reasonable way because it isn’t a reasonable amount.
So I went through all of it and only kept the things I loved the VERY most and used the most often, the rest I gave away to good homes.

Since then I have loved my makeup so much more, it’s so much easier to find, so much less overwhelming and interestingly  I get more inspired and excited about makeup than I have in a long time. Turns out…

MORE was actually less.

Do you guys ever watch project Runway?  I used to watch it all the time and one thing that I always thought was really surprising was when they had a really limiting theme like “buy all your materials at the home depot” they came up with these amazing immaculate designs that just dazzled on the runway and when they were given something WIDE open like “Use New York as your inspiration” they came up with nuthin’
That’s kind of how I’ve felt chopping my makeup down to the bare essentials. It’s more inspiring and more fun.
It costs less money, takes less time and less space.

You don’t need a trunk load of makeup. You just need to get the most out of a clutch full of the right makeup.

So I jumped on the whole Capsule band wagon and made one of my own, strictly for makeup.

And trust me I LABORED over it. I have been plotting and planning this thing for months because I wanted it to be perfect.

I wanted it to:
Be concise.
Accommodate for a wide variety to ladies.
Supply a wide variety of looks from everyday to special occasion.
Be high quality so it lasts and lasts but doesn’t break the bank.

I’ll be doing a bunch of looks using nothing but these items which will all be marked with the Makeup Capsule seal so once you have your capsule you can recreate any and all of the looks you want!

Here’s the list: (Don’t get too stuck on the exact product here, if you already have one in a different brand that you like or an item that is similar you’re covered!)

Double Decker: This is my dream come true! (this video shows off it’s powers perfectly) It holds almost an entire face of makeup in a sleek, beautiful, light and compact palette. Plus it separates creams from powders so you don’t get any of that messy crossover.

Your personal IIID Foundation color match: People often ask me which one is the foundation? The answer is BOTH! A highlight and contour color each with coverage. 2 Birds 1 stone, that whole thing.

Moonlit: I added one more highlight foundation because it’s so versatile (think highlighting brow, the waterline of your eye and your cupids bow) and it’s really fun to use as a pop of bright on most skin tones.

Blush – Dessert Sunset: This warm neutral pink rouge is PERFECT for fall.

Blush – Black Cherry: I can’t figure out which blush is my favorite but if I was backed into a corner I’d probably have to say this one. Don’t let it fool you, it looks super dark in the pan but once you get it on your cheeks it is the richest cool flush.

Illuminator – Rose Gold : This champagne colored beauty gives the ultimate candlelit glow.

Bronzer – Caymen : universally gorgeous bronzer

Setting Power – Vanilla Dust : Invisible setting powder.

Favorite Fall Shadows – Trust, Midnight, Oak, Bubba, Sabrina, Pup, Crush ,Salem, Cayman, Vanilla Dust, Stardust, Emerald City, Mama, Penny, Basic & Fin

Black Liquid Liner – Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: My FAVORITE liquid liner ever.

Black Mascara – Voluminous Carbon Black: This inexpensive mascara is creamy and very black, perfect for enhancing even the tiniest lashes.

Fine Tip Brow Pencil – Colour Pop Black n’Brown: Love the fine tip, love the color, love the price!

Brushes (get entire brush collection bundle HERE)

Bronzer + Blush:  One side from dusting on bronzer the other for stippling in blush

Power Powder Brush: This unique brush is HEAVEN sent for pressing in powder into the contours of your face perfectly

30 Second HAC:  It is perfectly shapes to perfectly apply your IIID Foundation in NO TIME

I Shadow Everything: Does pretty much everything you need an eyeshadow brush to do!

Multitasker: You’ll be shocked by how many uses we find for this bad boy! I originally created it specifically for nose contouring and then I realized it actually does EVERYTHING.

Neutral Lip Liner – Sebastian: You guys know I’m obsessed with this liner. It’s the PERFECT color to contour and complete your lip. A little bit taupe a little bit pink and a lot bit gorgeous. I also found a new obsession recently though, so if you’re a Lipsense girl I recommend replacing this baby for the Nude Lipsense color.

Milk Moisturizer: I had to add this because nothing like the cold to make everyone’s skin dry right up! This jar is filled with MAGIC I swear.

I am SOOOO excited about this you guys! I’ve already been creating a ton of looks. I’m having so much fun with it!

April 2, 2015 at 4:09 am

I just love this post! I also have my “to go” makeup, because I live between two homes – I spend half of the week, when I have to go to university at my boyfriends place, and weekend at my parents house, so I often tend to forget something, and I’m super annoyed when I I’m done with my makeup, bu I can’t find mascara anywhere… So I also have one small clutch with my essentials, and it’s so easy to drop it in my bag and have everything in one place 🙂 I love your choices, though mine are very different – for example, my palette is more colorful – Sleek i-Divine Mattes V2 Darks – I feel like I can do EVERYTHING I want to with it, it’s so versatile 🙂

April 2, 2015 at 10:59 am

I travel a fair amount too and I totally agree! It’s crucial to have a clutch when you’re moving around a lot!

April 2, 2015 at 4:25 am

Great post!!! Decluttering is so refreshing, right? I always felt I didn’t have enough make-up products but I can’t wait for a pro to prove me wrong. 😉

April 2, 2015 at 10:59 am

Seriously! So much of it is just excess!

April 2, 2015 at 7:01 am

How do you use the Too Faced Bronzer differently than the contour from your IIID Foundation kit?

April 2, 2015 at 11:00 am

I use it as a bronzer more than as a contour. SO I powder it in places where I want to look “sunkissed” like the apples of my cheeks forehead and nose. I also love setting my makeover with a dab of bronzer.

Kinga @ The Classy Cat
    April 2, 2015 at 7:10 am

In the last year or so I accumulated a bit too much of makeup, it fills up a big (really big) makeup bag. What works best for me is that every two weeks or whenever a feel like it I select a few things that go into my everyday makeup bag and only use those. It’s much easier this way.
    I also give thing to my sister that dont necessarily work for me. Oh, and I try not buying new things, avoiding drugstores, because I dont think I’ll need any eyeshadow or blusher in the coming years, I’m only replacing things like my powder or mascara.
    It is a really nice to idea to advocate having a makeup capsule. I think we are a bit overwhelmed by bequty blogs but it’s important to realize that we dont need drawers of makeup products 🙂

April 2, 2015 at 11:02 am

haha I hear you! and yes following blogs and reading magazines can make you feel like you NEED so much stuff. I don’t want to add to that!

Kiss & Make-up
    April 2, 2015 at 7:37 am

It’s true, we have WAY too much make-up, way more than we actually need! That is why I declutter on a regular basis.

April 2, 2015 at 11:03 am

Crucial! <3

Lindsey Stewar
    April 2, 2015 at 8:12 am

What are your thoughts on the limecrime drama? I know a lot of make up artists and bloggers are boycotting their products due to unprofessional/unethical behavior so I was surprised to see you include the velvetine here. Not trying to stir up – anything just curious!

April 2, 2015 at 10:22 am

I thought the same, given the revolt. Cara, I am curious to hear you take?

April 2, 2015 at 1:34 pm

I haven’t gotten too caught up in the drama. I know a lot of people dislike the owner personally and I know there was a security breech on the brand’s site which is unfortunate, but I have only had a good experience myself. Because of the security breech, though, I did link to Urban Outfitters for safety sake. I don’t blame anyone who wants to boycott but to me it wouldn’t be fair because I’d also have to boycott Target (for their security breech) and I’d also have to look into each of the owners/founders of each of the makeup brands I use, most of them I don’t know anything about at all. I really like the products, the packaging and the customer service I’ve received and I feel like it’s only fair that I go by that and not what I’ve heard:)

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
          April 2, 2015 at 4:02 pm

I think the issue that people took with the Lime Crime security breach was less that there was one and more that they didn’t do a good job communicating with their customers after the breach?

I’ve stayed away from them mostly because they’ve been caught using ingredients that weren’t on the label and I have allergies.

April 2, 2015 at 8:14 am

Love this! I def need to clean out my much junk I never use

April 2, 2015 at 8:29 am

Love this idea! I’m such a product junkie, and then three years later I throw half of it away, having forgotten about most of it. I need to do this.

April 2, 2015 at 9:07 am

What about Mac Bruun? I feel like you use that on everyone’s eyebrows?

Marsi Taylor
      April 2, 2015 at 9:59 am

I don’t know if I’m mistaken but in her picture above it looks like she has the Mac brun! Just forgot to mention it ??

April 2, 2015 at 1:40 pm

yep! Completely forgot to put it on the list!! Added now! Thanks so much!

April 2, 2015 at 9:18 am

YAY thank you so much!! This is exactly what I needed to read. I’ve really been working on downsizing and simplifying a bunch of different areas of my life and makeup was next! Thank you for sharing your favorites and for spending a few posts showing us how to get different looks. I so so so look forward to seeing the following posts. Thanks for loving and valuing inner beauty and helping us highlight our outward beauty as well!

April 2, 2015 at 1:41 pm

What a sweet comment! Thank you so much! I’m so excited to show you all the fun stuff this little pack will do!

Marsi Taylor
    April 2, 2015 at 9:55 am

What about adding the beauty blender?!? I use it damp to blend my IIID foundation!

April 2, 2015 at 1:38 pm

I love it too! Which is why it’s in tomorrows post:)

April 2, 2015 at 10:04 am

Fantastic idea! Love anything that can simplify a process!

April 2, 2015 at 11:53 am

Bad tiem to be promoting Lime CRIME

April 2, 2015 at 11:55 am

Love this. My makeup bag is seriously overflowing. Are there any stores that carry the OCC line or do you have buy online? And for bronzers – do you recommend that color for the fairest of fair?

April 2, 2015 at 1:37 pm

A lot of people carry OCC Cosmetics but for some reason no one but their online shop has that lip liner!

Catherine Ray
      October 18, 2016 at 8:14 am

I bought the liner at Nordstrom online so they may have it in the store. If you have one in your area you could always call and check.

Kristi Craig
    April 2, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Love this! I always find it to be overwhelming thinking of all the things out there that I feel I need, but in reality I just need what I like and what works.

April 2, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Love this idea! I’ve been clearing out my makeup too and it’s very refreshing to have everything organized in a way that it’s easy to find. I would like to humbly suggest replacing the lime crime lip stain with a different one or at least removing the link. It’s not about unsubstantiated rumors online, it’s about the owner of Lime Crime being so incredibly demeaning and rude to customers and about them hiding a security problem of four months by deleting comments on social media. Treating customers or anyone like they are worthless is terrible and I think we should not support that behavior. If you google Lime Crime scandal you’ll see a long history of appalling behavior by the owner but I can’t comment on that since I didn’t see any of that first hand. Just my two cents, of course.

Lindsey Stewar
      April 2, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Don’t forget to mention blatantly reselling other companies’ products as her own, stealing money intended for charity, and lying about non-vegan products being vegan,

April 2, 2015 at 1:37 pm

YIKES! I had heard about the security breech but not about a lot of that stuff that was mentioned. Dang it! I’ll have to look into it!

April 2, 2015 at 12:16 pm

I’m curious if you have heard about the lime crime scandal and the crazy stuff that has happened with that company. Google it!!

April 2, 2015 at 12:56 pm

I LOVE that bronzer…I am very pale so it is so wonderful to have a bronzer that does not go orange! And Real Techniques brushes…they are amazing for the price and wash so nice. Love this idea of having everything so concise and cutting down on all of the other eye shadows, blushes, etc.

Plus, I have to travel between two states a lot…and my oh my is it overwhelming choosing what makeup I will need. IIID foundation all the way!

You should do one for hair products!!!

April 2, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Love that Idea! I’m on it!!

April 2, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Hi Cara, how does the ‘Makeup capsule’ compare to the ‘Prettilist’?

April 2, 2015 at 1:35 pm

The capsule is the most consolidated version of the prettilist, basically:)

April 2, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Thanks for replying, Cara. I have bought a lot of items from the Prettilist which I think are awesome, and I felt a little sting in my heart that they did not made it to the Makeup capsule haha! But it’s natural to evolve through time and switch makeup items. I do it all the time and most makeup lovers do!
        There are staples that I always gravitate towards or go back to, though. I’d love to know what are your ‘long lost’ makeup (or hair/skincare) products that you fall in love with again.
        Take care 🙂

April 4, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Just as a heads’ up Cara, I was going thru both my too many eye palettes and finding pics online for an out of state friend help me figure out what to keep & what to toss. Stila in the Light palette has been discontinued and the Pretty Rebels palette you link in the Prettilist isn’t available anymore either. Most of my palettes that I got last year have been discontinued, but seriously I need to go finish sorting thru so there’s no overlap in colors. I counted them all up last night and I have over 10(between full sized, medium sized and compacts). Whoops.

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    April 2, 2015 at 2:16 pm

I agree! When I get too many products it just overwhelms me and I never use them all! I really nee dot get this shadow for my brows. I have been in the market for something 🙂

April 2, 2015 at 2:26 pm

I am super excited about this post and for the the looks to follow!! 🙂 Thanks so much! I always rely on you for new beauty suggestions! You are the greatest.

April 2, 2015 at 2:56 pm

I LOVE this idea, Cara. I can’t wait to try the different looks you create with these products.

Rebecca C
    April 2, 2015 at 3:38 pm

This is so great! You’re a genius Cara! As a mom on a budget I love this “real life” approach to makeup. My makeup kit is super duper small. I do what I can to re-create your looks, but if I start replacing empties with the products from this capsule I may have better success! Im excited to see how you use these products!

April 2, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Good looks and products in your capsule Cara.. I just love the way, you present yourself..

Ellie B.
    April 2, 2015 at 9:29 pm

This is an amazing idea! I have been toying with purchasing this eyeshadow palate. I may have to go out and get it just so I can recreate these looks!

April 2, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Great idea. This is exactly what I’ve been looking for!

April 3, 2015 at 7:27 am

Don’t buy limecrime cara!! 🙁 She harasses beauty bloggers like yourself!! She has sent cease and desist letters to bloggers who kindly reviewed her products and just didn’t like them. She has threatened bloggers with suing if they didn’t write exactly what she wanted about her products!! Also a few years ago she dressed up as HITLER for halloween! There is picture of her in costume, just google it! I recommend you do some research about it – it’s not just hooplah!

April 7, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Pinned it! Love the HAC pack!

Get Swift | Maskcara
    April 8, 2015 at 3:47 am

[…] Now I challenge you to do the same! (you can’t possibly be as dorky as me. not a chance) If you do and you post it on any social media outlet with the hashtag #swiftestmakeup you will be entered to win THE ENTIRE BEAUTY CAPSULE! […]

April 8, 2015 at 7:10 am

Great post Cara! When will your HAC pack be available for overseas customers (UK)? I’m dying to try it!

April 10, 2015 at 8:23 am

Totally going to buy & try a few of these! Thank you!

The classics. | Maskcara
    April 15, 2015 at 3:58 am

[…] that simplifying I’ve been doing with my makeup products has started seeping into other parts of my life as well…my closet included. I pretty much […]

Winner Winner Chicken dinner! | Maskcara
    April 17, 2015 at 6:07 pm

[…] background with some genius moves. This is a MUST WATCH! I’m so excited for you to have your makeup capsule Emily, you deserve […]

April 29, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Love the blog! Was wondering if you have any good recommendations for a bronzer and HAC for mineral makeup?

Mother’s Day Makeover – Pam & Jamie | Maskcara
    May 4, 2015 at 4:03 am

[…] used the makeup capsule on all of the mother’s from this project:) Pam is wearing Maskcara IIID Foundation in Linen […]

Links + Loves - Beauty Tips Around The World | Beauty Tips Around The World
    May 8, 2015 at 5:22 am

[…] of Maskcara, wrote about doing a makeup capsule and it’s genius and I want to do it so bad but I’m terrible at these things. Anyway, go […]

Links + Loves | The Beauty Mag
    May 8, 2015 at 6:05 am

[…] of Maskcara, wrote about doing a makeup capsule and it’s genius and I want to do it so bad but I’m terrible at these things. Anyway, go get […]

May 8, 2015 at 12:26 pm

This is amazing — I’ve been feeling really overwhelmed with my makeup lately, so much that I barely end up using it at all. I’d love to have just the right things that I could easily get to every day. Plus a lot of my stuff is old & in desperate need of a clean-out! I’m so glad Kate posted a link to this post!

New Hairmatick Links + Loves - New Hairmatick
    May 8, 2015 at 3:20 pm

May 17, 2015 at 7:27 am

this is how normal people do makeup. I pretty much only own makeup that I wear/use every day. Many women don’t have hoards and hoards of makeup

Monday Makeover – Sydney from Day Book | Maskcara
    June 1, 2015 at 2:51 pm

[…] I used: (Makeup capsule […]

June 2, 2015 at 7:35 am

Hello, first off I want to thank you for the things and tips that you have given!!!! This is my first time ever seeing or reading your tips I love them!!!
    I was wondering if you could tell me how to get this bag of makeup that you just described? I would absolutely Love it.

This makeup | Maskcara
    June 3, 2015 at 4:33 am

[…] kind of flatter both evenly. As usual, its super simple and pretty darn quick too. And it’s makeup capsule […]

June 19, 2015 at 8:42 am

Ulta has the IT Naturally Pretty Vol 1 palette for $21 today only (6/19/15).

Heather Judge
    July 6, 2015 at 12:22 am

Love this idea, think I will be trying it out!

Makeover Monday | Maskcara
    July 21, 2015 at 4:05 am

[…] What I used: {makeup capsule approved} […]

July 21, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Hey Cara love your blog. I have learned so much from you. Curious what your fav eyelash curler would be?

Chrissie Dyson
    August 16, 2015 at 2:51 am

Love this makeup capsule! I read that you were unable to ship to the UK. Is this still the case?

Big thank you for all you do for us!

Love Chrissie

Travel Makeup | The Mod Wanderlust
    August 18, 2015 at 6:15 pm

[…] you can see, you have all you need for a perfect look. We can thank Maskcara for the makeup photos! Links to her products can be found on her […]

Gina Felice
    November 9, 2015 at 10:20 am

Hi Cara, I’ve been reading your blog and watching your tutorials. Love them! Thank you. 😉

May 31, 2016 at 1:08 pm

Great post! You’re very brave!!

beautypress Team
    July 1, 2016 at 7:33 am

Hi Cara,

will we see you in Las Vegas at Cosmoprof North America? We would love to invite you to our Blogger Media Suite at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on July 24, 2016 from 02:30 pm – 07:30 pm.

Feel free to bring along your blogger friends – the more the merrier 😉

Here you find the official invitation:

Your beautypress Team 🙂

October 17, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Ok I’m sold. As soon as you post some looks using all of this I think I will just buy all of your IIID stuff and start a capsule 🙂 can’t wait to see it in action!! please please post a video!!

Cassandra Jane
    October 17, 2016 at 6:39 pm

That double decker compact is HEAVENLY. Too bad it’s sold out though. It’s definitely a pretty piece. I’ve never seen a prettier makeup collection, haha.

October 17, 2016 at 8:06 pm

So excited about this! Are you going to post one for each season? Interested to see what you’ll be using for lips! I really need to do this. I really thinned out my collection and I’m already filling it back up again and I don’t want to go overboard again!

Kiss & Make-up
    October 18, 2016 at 3:46 am

What a great selection of shades <3

October 18, 2016 at 5:54 am

I want to get a double decker but it’s sold out! 🙁