Before & Afters

Makeover Monday – Robin

When I met Robin the first thing I was mesmerized by was her GORGEOUS sparkling blue eyes.
They are truly stunning!
But once I started actually doing her makeup I started to realize her mouth was JUST as pretty. The most gorgeous full lips and beautiful smile.
They way she generally does her makeup is all eyes and while she certainly can’t go wrong with that I thought I’d create a more “balanced” face. Meaning try to walk the line of drawing the same amount of attention to both the mouth and the eyes.

What I used

IIID Foundation in amber + aura + ash + black cherry + pearl

New brow pen I’m testing + colour pop Black N Brown brow pencil
Pup on her lids and on lashline + Cole for more definition in the crease and on the lash line
& Sabrina to highlight the brow and inner corner (all of these can be found in this palette)
Esqido False lashes in A lash Named Desire
( I also used Aura to brighten up her inner tear line)

Sebastian Pencil + colour pop gloss in A Boo

Hope you all had a beautiful weekend!
Talk to you soon!

August 8, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Wow! Her after reminds me of Megan Fox!

August 8, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Great job, she looks amazing!!

Stephanie Ford
    August 8, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Holy Wow! She is gorgeous before and after, but you really maximize her beauty. Model status!

August 8, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Wow, this is one of your best makeovers yet! (I probably say that every time, but still!)

August 8, 2016 at 2:32 pm

I love how your makeover softened up her whole look! By leaving out the black liner in her waterline, it opened her eyes and made them look even bluer! The lashes are perfect and her lip color is perfect, too!

August 8, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Her eyes look really beautiful and much larger in the after picture. So pretty!

Lisa Scott Provost
    August 8, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Yes to both beautiful eyes and lips – and yikes, those are some crazy cheekbones too!! So beautiful, and loving the shadows in action.

And I LOVE when we get a chance to see the ladies’ own makeup as the before – somehow it feels like more context fir the new look. Like, of course your makeup will look different than a bare face, but what about her everyday look? This is even more fun for me.

Love all of it, as always!

August 8, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Along the same lines, Cara, I would love to see a new video makeover feature where you show a woman doing her own makeup with her own products as you watch and then make suggestions for what to change, different techniques to try, and products to switch out. It would take a few brave souls who are willing to do their makeup publicly but I think this would be REALLY helpful. I have many of the “it” makeup products but I just can’t get the results that I see on your blog or other makeup artist’s sites. I feel like I’m just not doing it right. I would love to sit down with you and do my makeup and have you say, “Why don’t you try this?” or “I would use this shade instead” or whatever. Since I don’t live near you, the next best thing would be to see you do this process with someone else. I hope you try doing something like this sometime!!

August 12, 2016 at 4:05 pm

I second this. I would love a video where you help someone do their own makeup and give pointers. With and without maskcara foundation. I feel like when I try to replicate your looks they fall short.

Faith K
        August 14, 2016 at 10:54 am

What an awesome idea! I would LOVE to see this as well!

Brenda M.
          August 15, 2016 at 4:39 am

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I was thinking along the same line: “wish this was on video so I could watch the entire process”!

August 8, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Wow! She is glowing! You drew attention to her whole face which is GORGEOUS.

August 8, 2016 at 4:08 pm

She was very pretty in the before photo. But you took her to a whole new level. She looks soft and absolutely stunning.

Kara Zalsman
    August 8, 2016 at 5:09 pm

LOVE the brows!

Sabrina Botelho
    August 8, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Can’t wait till I get my hands on the new IIid foundation. I had the very first release of IIID (remembered waking up at midnight to get the preorder and everything) and second relaunch. But I haven’t put it to much use. It’s about a year and a half old at this point and a bit melted from the heat. (But I’ve still been using it) So I caved and finally got a new one and even indulged and purchased your brush.

Basically the point of all that is I’m so happy to have seen your blog and brand grow. And not only that, but by sharing your success by helping other by becoming a foster mom. Hope one day to meet you.

Love you cara

August 8, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Gorgeous!!! We need a video tutorial on nose contouring! Her’s is perfection and I still haven’t gotten the hang of it.

August 8, 2016 at 7:31 pm

I love the tone of foundation . It seems to have given her a more youthful look. I know that in theater makeup they have the men and older people use a darker shade to show older age and lighter shades to show youth and femininity. It seems to show in this example even though she is very young here.

Michelle Simon
    August 8, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Please – need to view a video of this and detailed application to get this great effect!

August 8, 2016 at 8:50 pm

I love the soft look, but the eye and brow makeover are amazing!

August 9, 2016 at 2:11 am

She is so beautiful! You really know how to make a woman´s beauty POP! Ah, I can´t get over this transformation. It´s AH-MAZHING. Lots of love from Norway.

Kelly Barnett
    August 9, 2016 at 10:44 am

wow!!! This was the best makeover. She was already beautiful but you were really able to enhance her blue eyes, her great facial structure and her lips. I hope she was happy with the makeover and is able to use this look in her everyday routine because she seriously looks so beautiful! I wish I could get a makeover from you with your products…I use them already, but you have such a good eye at applying them! LOVE!!!

August 9, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Oh my goodness, I love your slight changes!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Kiss & Make-up
    August 10, 2016 at 2:33 am

Woah, the eyes look so NICE! Big difference making the lower waterline softer, I love it.

August 10, 2016 at 5:42 pm

stunning! love the look, and I also love how the before shot is her own makeup.

August 10, 2016 at 7:33 pm

This is one of my favorite makeovers. Those cheek bones wow. Her lips are so luscious.

August 10, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Ohhh this is beautiful!

Katie Bailey
    August 11, 2016 at 9:06 am

Wow she looks gorgeous you did such a great job! Love this make over

August 22, 2016 at 10:00 am

Love this look! Did you use bronzer on her at all? I’m wondering what the HAC order would be if a bronzer was needed – before or after highlighting and contouring?