Makeup Tips & Tricks

you’re only one song away…

I always used to be the  kind of gal who sometimes got all glammed up and the rest of the time looked like I’d just rolled out of bed. There was no middle ground! After having babies I  started to realize I wasn’t getting that “glam time” pretty much ever…which meant I was looking pretty shabby most days. I know how much better I feel when I take the time to get put together in the morning but I just wasn’t prioritizing it.

Then I did the Swiftest Makeup Challenge and it honestly changed everything! Once I realized I could actually look totally put together in the span of a fun song I was left with absolutely no excuses, plus it’s hard to have a bad day when you start off your day jamming out to one of your favorites.

SO I wanted to do the challenge again this year ( to help inspire other busy ladies to take that quick 4 minutes) and mix it up just a little bit.
First of all this year it’s gotta be the “Justin Time Makeup Challenge” (cause I was rocking out to The Biebs) secondly I wanted to show how you can take one song in the morning and then if you wanna step up your game in the evening, you’re only one more song away from a nighttime look.

(This list is also full of tips to cutting your prep sesh short)

Here’s the one song morning makeup:

Product list:

IIID Foundation in Walnut + Aura + Baby Watermelon + Pearl & Shadow on the nose
30 Second HAC Brush + B Squared brush + I Shadow Everything brush
Basic Eyeshadow
OCC Lip Pencil in Sebastian
Nude Stix Lip color in Whisper

And the one song evening upgrade:

Black N’ Brown Color Pop Brow pencil
Nude Stix Pencil in Bronze
Moonlit Highlighter in my tearline & for extra under eye brightness
Caymen Bronzer
Colour pop Lip color in Bianca

Also I wanted to thank you all for your kindness and support on my post last week. I read the comments all day and it made me feel so happy. Many of them have been on my mind since. I’m excited to do the Q&A update post:)

Love you guys so much!

Sarah in colorado
    June 16, 2016 at 5:54 am

Fun way to remind us that with a little quick effort we gain confidence in how we present ourselves and just feel great all day. It’s not about doing it for others, it’s for ourselves. Superb

Debra Rubin-Roberts
    June 16, 2016 at 6:49 am

Love your video! I made a #swiftestmakeup video too… But you rock out more on yours. Here it is:

June 16, 2016 at 9:53 am

You. Are. Freakin Adorbs.

June 16, 2016 at 10:53 am

As always….. LOVE IT!!!!!

June 16, 2016 at 10:55 am

My girls are always saying, “What? You are just starting your make up? We’re ready to go!” I challenge them, “By the time you put your Nintendo away, get your shoes on, and get your water, I’ll be ready!” I never could have had the confidence or knowledge to “hurry” through my make-up routine if I hadn’t found you! XO!!

June 16, 2016 at 3:25 pm

This is the the best idea and the most awesome challenge! I feel like a different person when I get ready in the morning and this is such a fun way to do it. 🙂 And of course you look stunning as ever!!

Simply Rachel Nicole

Monica Hendrixson
    June 16, 2016 at 9:38 pm

There are a couple of times in the video where it looks like the areas that have already been HAC’d are being dusted with a big brush of some type of powder. Did I dream that? If it really happened which bronzer, powder is that? Thanks, Monica

June 17, 2016 at 10:11 am

Make-up and MUSIC…both make you feel better!
    You look beautiful in both day and night looks.

Here is a super quick eyeshadow:

Ashrifa Akther
    June 18, 2016 at 3:14 am

Extremely helpful info particularly the ultimate part. I maintain such info a lot. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time. Thanks and best of luck.

June 19, 2016 at 11:53 am

This is a wonderful blog!
    Check out mine:

June 20, 2016 at 1:02 pm

So this morning I tried maskcara’s suggestion to get my makeup done in the space of 1 song… she did it to a Bieber song which I realize NOW must hav been strategic. I instead chose my Abba station on pandora. MISTAKE. By song 4 I was, regrettably, having TOO much fun time dancing in my bathroom & to hell w trying to finish anything quickly. By the time Aretha Franklin came on I realized I hadn’t (one) touched my face in ages, (two) my elbow dance is as golden as EVER & (three) I wanted to spend the rest of my day IN the bathroom… so… Beiber tomorrow.. that will likely get me to hustle OUT of the bathroom as maskcara intended.

June 20, 2016 at 9:49 pm

June 20, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Wonderful tips for a quick fix me up especially when rushing in the mornings!! Thanks

Emily Fox
    June 21, 2016 at 10:25 am

CARA!!! Oh my goodness! So excited to see that you are bringing the challenge back! One of my favorite moments was winning your SWIFTEST MAKEUP CHALLENGE last year! I had no idea I was being photo-bombed until the end of that video and I still laugh when I think about it. Might just have to send in a goodie for old time’s sake 🙂 …I know Eli would be game hahaha! Still using every single thing from the capsule… I swear by your beauty advice…it never fails! Thanks, Cara…always so much fun!

Katie Bailey
    June 22, 2016 at 9:11 am

What is this “basic shadow” you’re using!? It’s so pretty!

A&A STYLEz
    June 23, 2016 at 8:49 am

Great video and very informative. Check out maybe you can find great makeup or something

Emily Fox
    June 24, 2016 at 1:55 pm

So we couldn’t resist, Cara! When I told Eli you were doing the challenge again, he was on it haha! Enjoy 🙂

Tracey Baker
    June 27, 2016 at 7:59 pm

So makes me want to get my brows microbladed and my eyelashes done – this makes it seem totally worth it!

June 29, 2016 at 8:28 am

Nice tips! I suck at applying makeup so I can’t wait to try these tips!

June 29, 2016 at 10:21 am

Nice transformation, so beautiful!

July 1, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Great video and you are absolutely gorgeous. Would love to try this on busy days..thanks again 🙂

Lipstck & Lattes Blog
    September 13, 2016 at 6:07 am

So beautiful- I love how natural these looks are! I’m a new reader and a fellow beauty blogger. Following you xo 🙂