Before & Afters

Makeover Monday McKenzie Glam

This is my extremely beautiful neighbor, McKenzie. She had a fun red carpet event with her dance company she works with so we thought it would be a perfect opportunity to go all out!

Photos by Jessica Janae

What I used:

IIID Foundation in White Peach (highlight) + Moonlit (extra highlight) + Walnut (contour) + Ruby (blush)
Lips: Lined with OCC Black Dahlia & filled with a mixture of the reds from the Bobbi Lip Palette
Eyes: Kat Von D Black liquid liner right on her top lash line
Esqido lashes in A Lash Named Desire
Pearl illuminator on the brow bone
For her brows: Believe it or not I used Brun eye shadow to fill her brows, it went very light and warm to match her tone well!

Her hair was done by Loni Peterson who did a stunning job with that beautiful strawberry mane.

I also wanted to let you all know, if you don’t already, about Emily from The Freckled Fox blog (she once modeled for me and is incredibly kind and generous) and her sweet family. Her and her husband have 5 children under 6 and after battling the last year with stage 4 melanoma her husband was recently given only a few weeks to live.

I am so heartbroken for them.

Over the last year they have incurred a great burden in medical expenses. If you have any extra (even just a few dollars) here is the link to their fund raising page. If you don’t, even a few prayers or words of support would probably help lift her heart even a little.

Maria Wright
    June 7, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Cara, does your talent know no bounds? You are incredible. But this was an easy one, she is already stunning without makeup. Looks like she belongs on the silver screen!!!

June 7, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Isn’t she beautiful! Thanks for your sweet words!

June 7, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Hi, I remember when Emily from
    The Freckled Fox modeled for you and I have to say that I am completely torn down, balling my eyes out at the update about her husband. I can’t even imagine her pain and my boyfriend is going to come home any minute and I don’t know how I am going to explain why I am completely broken down and emotional over someone that I don’t even know. You are so kind for being there for her and I will definitely be donating to her family. I thought about writing her a letter too but I don’t know if I could even find the right words. It’s so important for us all to live everyday like its our last and love with our whole heart. Thank you for all that you do!

June 7, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I swear every time I look at her instagram feed I need a tissue. I’m just so heart broken for them. I bet she would love a letter from you, that is so kind to think of doing that! Thank you!

June 7, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Cara I was so touched by Emily’s story because I’ve been in her shoes. When my husband was diagnosed with lymphoma a few years ago, the bottom fell out of our lives. It is such blow that you walk around in a daze for months taking stock of your priorities and making the most of every minute you have not knowing how long you may have together. I cannot think of a more worthy cause to donate to. Thank you for all you do to spread beauty to the world with your amazing heart and talents. McKenzie is stunning before and after!

June 7, 2016 at 10:43 pm

I am so sorry you had to carry that pain as well. I can’t imagine what that must be like. Sending love and hugs to you! It seems like you’re pretty amazing at spreading love yourself:) Thank you!

June 7, 2016 at 6:13 pm

I have visited Emily’s page a few times over the years, and her whole family is shockingly beautiful. I browse her pictures and tutorials, and I can see the love in those photos. When I think about her as a single momma to those beautiful babies, my heart breaks. I cannot imagine what they are going through, but I will say a prayer for them and go hug my family tighter than ever tonight.

As for the Monday Makeover, wow! She is naturally beautiful, but she pulls the glamour look off so well! You are such a talented woman!

June 7, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Thank you I know she will feel that! Isn’t she gorgeous!?

June 7, 2016 at 8:36 pm

This seems so extremely shallow in light of what Emily is going through, but could you do a video on how you changed the shape of her eyebrows? Mine look so much like her before shape, and I cannot figure out how to make the arch like you so beautifully did.

As for Emily, I’ve been following her blog and cannot fathom what she is going through. I continue to pray for the family often!

June 7, 2016 at 10:46 pm

My fault I probably should have made two separate posts! As for the brows yes! I just did one on another set of brows. The trouble is you have to pluck them fairly thin in order to draw them in with more of an arch. It’s one of those tough choices like do you want a higher arch and perfect brows when you draw them in even if it means they will look worse than before when they aren’t drawn in… does that make sense?

June 7, 2016 at 9:12 pm

I don’t mean this mean but do you proofread your posts? I’m not a grammar judge but I’ve noticed a lot. Your second sentence has a glaring mistake. I love your brushes and make up I have bought them

June 7, 2016 at 10:44 pm

not mean at all! You’re totally right. I swear I proof read but I miss the most obvious mistakes all the time! I think my brain just reads it how I meant it and I don’t realize that’s not actually what’s written! I need to get some fresh eyes on it before I post from now on!

June 7, 2016 at 9:34 pm

What a gorgeous makeover and yes, prayers for Emily and her sweet family!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

June 8, 2016 at 12:29 am

I love your makeovers! This is stunning. 🙂

Kiss & Make-up
    June 8, 2016 at 3:32 am

Beautiful! That bit of color on the lips makes all the difference.

June 8, 2016 at 8:57 am

Thank you so much for sharing Emily’s story! I remember when you featured her and I am completely heartbroken for her and her family. I shared her story with my family and donated. We are praying so hard for them!

June 8, 2016 at 9:53 am

Gorgeous makeover and wonderful words about Emily and her family. My heart has been with her for months and I’m really hoping her family is feeling our love right now!

June 8, 2016 at 10:47 am

This makeover is gorgeous! Emily’s story breaks my heart. My heart and prayers go out to her sweet family.

June 8, 2016 at 8:16 pm

My uncle was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma and given months to live. There is a new trial at DFCI and UMASS that he was part of and he has now lived 4 years. I have seen patients come all the way from China for it. Apparently the results for the trail are compelling. I am happy to get the name and drug trial from my uncle in case this is something they want to pursue or if he is a candidate. I also understand they want to spend time with family right now as well. :(((( pm me need be.

Roxy | The Happy Momster
    June 9, 2016 at 12:26 am

Beautiful enhancement! I love how her lips and eyes were highlighted here. Also shows the very good impact of defining one’s brows and lips on one’s overall appearance. 🙂

June 9, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Stunning job. Lovely blog.

Kyla Cecil
    June 9, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Gorgeous!! So sorry to hear about your friend Emily’s family. Sending love and thoughts her way!
    Also it seriously blows my mind that you use Mac Brun on almost everyone’s eyebrows and yet it looks so good on everyone!

July 5, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend