What's the Difference?

What’s the difference Wednesday

So happy you guys are all on board with this new series (if you missed it, I introduced it here)!

I’ve been looking forward to this one all week, and I’m so happy to have a place to share the little details like this.

Ok take a look at these two photos (for this one I couldn’t do half the face for reasons that will become clear to you later:)

Note: Please excuse the slight coloring change from the top being a touch more yellow than the bottom. No idea how that happened and I tried to fix it but I wasn’t able to get them exact so…that’s not the difference FYIbrow_placementDid you guess it? The top photo had a lower brow than the bottom photo.
I’ve noticed around the internet brow guidelines for length and arch placement are addressed regularly. But for many people who don’t have much natural brow hair or who do but don’t know where to pluck the question of where the brow should sit height wise remains.

opinion

I prefer the top photo. Or the lower placement in this comparison. The expressions we make that use our brows (so…pretty much all of them ) can be changed or sometimes distorted if our brows are out of place.  While I really don’t think the bottom photo looks bad and it might be nice to have more eyelid showing, that’s not where my brows are meant to go so it will alter my expressions. (i.e. permanent surprise, deer in the headlights, angry etc.)

wednesday1tip

Luckily our faces come equipped with pretty solid guidelines built right in (so long as you can scrunch your eyebrows 🙈) When you do you’ll see a little line appear below your brow. Theoretically you’d want your brow to sit right on that line (in which case the line pretty much disappears or just barely above it.

In the diagram below you’ll see how the lower brow is helping me make that furrowed expression but the higher one is just kind of stuck up looking down from its high horse:)

brow_placement-1

If you’d like another visual this GIF of Megan Fox demos it pretty well. There’s a lot of other changes going on but if you look at the brow placement alone it’s pretty wild!

So, what do you guys think!?  Agree? disagree? Please share your thoughts!

And have a happy hump day!

cara

42 Comments

Alyssa
    May 4, 2016 at 6:17 am

I for sure agree that the lower brow placement is better. It really makes your eyes pop more, and you don’t look so surprised!

Karrin
    May 4, 2016 at 6:20 am

I totally agree!! And that moving image of Megan Fox is an amazing, spot on visual! Thanks! Loved it!

Kiran
    May 4, 2016 at 7:09 am

I like the lower brow placement too, it just looks more natural to me. This is such a great series, can’t wait to see what you come up with next. Awesome images x

ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

Abby
    May 4, 2016 at 7:38 am

I noticed the difference right away, I definitely like the lower placement better. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone talk about eyebrow height so it’s a great point to make! Thanks!

Jessica
    May 4, 2016 at 7:56 am

I agree as well! I do so many brides makeup and they almost always want their brows lower, but most times it ages people.

Ashley Grissom
    May 4, 2016 at 8:20 am

Totally agree! Love this new series!

Lisa Scott Provost
    May 4, 2016 at 9:10 am

Ohmahgaaash, how crazy the difference that makes, and I never would have thought of it.

So glad to have a landmark now – I have to basically fake the inner corners of my bald brows, and this will help a LOT. I think most days I’m just kind of “…well, it is pretty much where a brow would go, soooo…” *shrug*

Thanks, love these!

Candi
    May 4, 2016 at 9:25 am

Joke: “I told my friend she was drawing her eyebrows too high… She looked surprised.”

Kim
    May 4, 2016 at 9:35 am

I agree with the lower placement although to be fair, I probably wouldn’t have though much about the higher placement because unless it’s super crazy I don’t really notice placement of brows. Your brows are done amazingly in both so it drew my attention away from placement! Great post! XO -Kim

Sam
    May 4, 2016 at 3:20 pm

I am evidently one of the few who prefers the higher placement here (I definitely have seen them drawn on too high, but I don’t think this qualifies). I actually think the lower brow makes you look a bit more angry/severe than the higher. I also think the higher looks a bit more youthful.

Lisa Scott Provost
    May 4, 2016 at 4:25 pm

ps, raise your hand if you were a crunching into a mirror asap, ha! *me*

ss
    May 4, 2016 at 7:44 pm

I prefer the lower too, but I feel like the way you draw the brows in both pictures is too harsh and angry-looking. They’re angled down too much.

ochunsbaby
    May 4, 2016 at 11:16 pm

I like the lower brows. However, I noticed your hair first which looks great straight/flat ironed.

Debbie P
    May 5, 2016 at 1:19 am

I have a favour to ask – can you do the pictures for us to guess from side-by-side like the ones with the answer – I can’t fit both pictures on the same screen and it’s really hard to guess when you’re scrolling up and down between them and it takes away the fun of guessing!!
    I totally agree that the lower placement looks so much better but also your eyes look a different colour – they’re much more green in the first photo – might just be the lighting but that’s what I noticed first!

ginny
    May 5, 2016 at 6:24 am

I knew it was the brows but couldn’t put my finger on the difference. I am going to pay more attention to this from now on! Thanks!

Kiss & Make-up
    May 5, 2016 at 6:47 am

Interesting! There’s definitely a difference but whether it’s an important difference I don’t know, haven’t decided yet…

joliefleur
    May 5, 2016 at 10:21 am

Cara, you are beautiful and good at what you do. Honestly, I think both brow looks are a little harsh for my taste (the inner corners are a bit too long) but I infinitely prefer the lower brow look. The high brow look makes you look like you had a bad facelift. I live in the land of facelifts and am not a fan of that look. You so don’t need one. 🙂 I confess, I’m surprised at how you could create both looks though. Do you not have actual brows? My natural brows determine where I put any brow powder.

Lisa Scott Provost
      May 5, 2016 at 10:29 am

I have a feeling that in this case it’s a little editing magic! But I actually don’t have inner brows anymore (yay old age, ha!), so you’re lucky!

This could also come in handy for anyone who plucks or reshapes in other ways, too – could keep you from starting too far in, or taking too much off the bottom. I know I was way more confident this morning in where I placed all my various forms of brow trickery!

Emma
    May 5, 2016 at 8:32 pm

How do you move your eyebrow placement? Mine are probably too high, but i’ve been tweezing my eyebrows for 35 years now and at this point they wouldn’t fully grow back in for a lower brow placement… So… unless I want to start tweezing them from the top and almost totally draw them on and fill them in, I don’t think I can. Doesn’t seem like a great option… ?

April Jennings
    May 6, 2016 at 7:57 am

I love this post! Such a fun (and super helpful) blog post topic.

Jodie
    May 10, 2016 at 9:25 am

I love this, its such a unique blog post and keeps people coming back!
    Jodie.
    http://[email protected]

Maria
    September 29, 2016 at 9:59 pm

You are good, Cara! One of the best bloggers I’ve seen. You’re a great teacher and have amazing attention to detail. Love it!

bogner

February 25, 2017 at 10:09 pm

bogner online

spencer

Skrota bilen Göteborg
    March 4, 2017 at 2:19 pm

… [Trackback]

[…] Informations on that Topic: maskcara.com/2016/05/04/whats-the-difference-wednesday-2/ […]

playboy casino
    March 11, 2017 at 7:56 am

deca 250
    March 17, 2017 at 7:39 pm

… [Trackback]

[…] There you will find 79858 more Infos: maskcara.com/2016/05/04/whats-the-difference-wednesday-2/ […]

gedget.ae
    March 19, 2017 at 7:12 am

[…] Read More: maskcara.com/2016/05/04/whats-the-difference-wednesday-2/ […]

synthroid steroid
    March 21, 2017 at 10:32 am

[…] Read More: maskcara.com/2016/05/04/whats-the-difference-wednesday-2/ […]

try what he says
    March 29, 2017 at 4:27 am

… [Trackback]

[…] Read More here: maskcara.com/2016/05/04/whats-the-difference-wednesday-2/ […]

March 30, 2017 at 3:34 pm

… [Trackback]

[…] There you will find 32686 more Infos: maskcara.com/2016/05/04/whats-the-difference-wednesday-2/ […]

trouver un telephone
    March 30, 2017 at 4:06 pm

… [Trackback]

[…] There you will find 28141 more Infos: maskcara.com/2016/05/04/whats-the-difference-wednesday-2/ […]

is motor club america a scam
    April 1, 2017 at 11:10 am

Best Best Online News in the World
    April 6, 2017 at 2:31 pm

… [Trackback]

[…] There you will find 73235 more Infos: maskcara.com/2016/05/04/whats-the-difference-wednesday-2/ […]

Best Best Online News in the World
    April 7, 2017 at 2:53 am

Best Best Online News in the World
    April 7, 2017 at 7:43 am

… [Trackback]

[…] There you will find 15682 more Infos: maskcara.com/2016/05/04/whats-the-difference-wednesday-2/ […]

CRO Services in India
    April 8, 2017 at 2:01 am

GVK BIO
    April 8, 2017 at 6:08 am

happy wheels
    September 27, 2017 at 9:55 am

wingsi0
    November 22, 2017 at 2:10 am

I am looking to learn more about this issue. Thank you for sharing. I will follow this site regularly.
    usps tracking