My Life Outfits

No worries

dadMy dad is one of the greatest guys there is. I know I’m pretty biased but anyone who knows him would agree.
He’s lived through all of the ups and downs of raising 8 kids, he’s worked a hard job in construction lifting rocks out in the 110 degree weather for over 30 years (and still does now at 66), he survived a devastating brain injury, he struggles with Type 2 diabetes and he’s lost both of his parents and 2 of his sons.
It hasn’t been a cake walk, but if you ask him about his life he just beams.
He always says he’s the richest man he knows because he was blessed with such a big family and he talks often about how he still can’t believe how lucky he is to have landed my mom.

99% of the time he’s completely oblivious to the fact that anything could possibly be bad in his life. He’s just too busy enjoying it to notice.
I look up to him in so many ways but this, those big thick rosy glasses he wears, that’s gotta be the thing I admire most.

No worries. Things really are as good as you decide they are. There is always joy in every situation if you just look for it. No problem is so big that it can take your happiness away.

top: c. lilly | jeans: american eagle | shoes: american eagle photo: whitney at jessica janae

Hope you’re having the happiest hump day and if you’re not, there’s still time!

Dani Fagan
    April 21, 2016 at 3:48 am

Whoa…resonate-athon. Lots upside down in life at the moment, but am very blessed with my family and partner, what else matters as much? Thanks for the timely reminder, gonna dust of my sparkliest shoes and feel better having read this. Have a great day xx

April 21, 2016 at 4:01 am

This was just what I needed! Thank you for reminding!

April 21, 2016 at 4:17 am

This was such a brilliant post! I lost £20 this morning – totally my own fault – and I have been just been feeling miserable and tired, but your Dad sounds wonderful. I wish I had more people in my life like that. So glad, I followed you x

April 21, 2016 at 4:40 am

What a beautiful tribute. Your dad sounds like a gem that a lot of people could learn from these days. Love the shirt.

April 21, 2016 at 6:28 am

Great shirt! We really like your pictures and style. Continue the great work!
    Best, MODENOVA I

April 21, 2016 at 6:53 am

I totally needed that today Kara. I was trying to pull myself out of Pity City, fully knowing that I have no right to linger there. Your post was a great reminder that there is so much good, so much to be grateful for. If you’re not too busy being down, you’ll notice it.

April 21, 2016 at 7:29 am

That was a beautiful description of your dad, Cara! Thank you for such an uplifting

April 21, 2016 at 8:36 am

WOW!! I love him just from that! Go Dad!
    Cara, I think that’s my most favorite picture of you of all time. So happy and sweet! Your dad probably needs a framed copy.
    Before I read this, I wasn’t having a BAD day, just not the kind of day I COULD be having~ you and your dad have inspired me to make it the best day ever!

April 21, 2016 at 10:00 am

needed <3 <3

April 21, 2016 at 10:10 am

This was just a wonderful post. Plain and Simple. Thank you for sharing your dad with us for a moment. 🙂

April 21, 2016 at 10:30 am

I had a wonderful Wednesday. My dad was diagnosed with a really serious heart condition and the local doctor led us to believe that he was in dire circumstances and basically told dad to get his affairs in order. My mom has been in *pieces* for several weeks since that news. Our followup appointment with the heart specialist in Atlanta Wednesday went really well and completely relieved all our worries and fears. Yes, he still has the condition, but it’s not as bad as we had thought and he doesn’t need the risky surgery. And when/if he needs surgery in the future, he will be in capable hands and a less risky procedure would most likely suffice. So glad to have my dad for a while longer!

April 21, 2016 at 11:14 am

Cara, thank you for this. I love it. I’m an optimist too. Often people confuse that with being naive (I’m not, believe me), being foolish (I’m far from), or not having experienced pain or difficulty (I’ve had mine and I will have more, but…). I know from your story that you’ve gone through a lot too, yet you remain tirelessly optimistic, and that is such a joy.

April 21, 2016 at 7:45 pm

I loved meeting your dad a few years ago, and thought it was so sweet of him to accompany you to the airport that night! This is a lovely post.

Rebecca @ Hello Creative Blog
    April 21, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Beautiful! So well said.

April 21, 2016 at 10:57 pm

Beautiful post. Your Dad is awesome and you are blessed.

Kiss & Make-up (@Kissmakeupblog)
    April 22, 2016 at 3:21 am

Aw, sweet. I love his outlook on life. We should all try to enjoy life rather than focus on the things that have gone wrong or that we have lost.

April 22, 2016 at 8:45 am

I am naturally such a pessimist and a worrier. It’s very easy for me to wallow in my circumstances. Your dad is an inspiration to me.

April 25, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Oh, your dad sounds like an amazing man!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Amber Renee
    April 26, 2016 at 10:57 am

I love this. I feel similarly about my dad and the good things he taught me.. I’m so glad to have gotten to find your blog when this was the first post. 🙂 I strive to be like your dad.

I’m blogger myself and always looking to build community with other bloggers. I blog about art/lifestyle mostly but I love reading all sorts of blogs. I was searching for fashion and beauty blogs with good design/the best layouts. I’m hopeful because I actually found a blog I’m going to subscribe to. I’ve fallen way out of the blogosphere and sometimes I wonder if all bloggers these days are bots or advertisements.

Anyway, do you have any sort of advice for bloggers trying to get back into the game and gain readers? I know you’ve got a lot going on here and are probably very busy keeping it up (I don’t blog nearly often enough.. ugh). I’d love to open some communication with you and possibly discuss? I know this is odd but I’m studying the law of attraction as well and I’ve realized how to get where I want to be is good to talk to someone who is successful in this area and has relevant advice or friendly communication about it! I’m also very open to having coffee or tea and travel a lot for business (I’m also an artist and designer).

I’ve also heard of these new sorts of opportunities for promoting your content or work like sites that offer perks for social media status, blog listings like bloglovin and millions of other, as well as sites where you can actually earn money and promotional opportunities by having good content like Advowire ( What do you think of these sorts of sites and do you use them for your social media to promote content or earn more?

So it’s very nice to meet you, yes this is long and I apologize. Hope to hear from you. Thank you for reading. <3