Before & Afters HAC Makeup

makeover monday – Kisten

Today’s makeover is of my good friend Kisten. She is such a fun and energetic woman! We used to waitress together and she could always work circles around me:) She’s a blast and conversation is always flowing when she’s around! Plus she’s a total babe!

mondaykisten copy

Photos by Jessica Janae Photography

The first thing I did with Kisten was some exfoliation and moisture! We live in a desert climate and SOOO many of the faces I work on are dehydrated. When skin is dry and flaky 9 times out of 10 foundation is only going to draw attention to that so its not a fix for makeup to tackle. I used my favorite exfoliator (Cure – post about it here) to banish any of the dead skin for the flakiness and also so the moisture could penetrate. Then I massaged in the IT Cosmetics Confidence Cream. I love how soft and silky it makes the skin. Just doing that alone made her look so refreshed and vibrant!

Next I shaped her brows.  I wanted to lift her arch up so she’d have a little more space on the lid to show of her gorgeous eyes and it would also brighten her expression. I filled them with the Colour Pop brow pencil in bangin’ brunette. It’s tiny enough I can create little teeny hair strokes which makes them look more natural.

I also chose a bright copper/gold eyeshadow to bring out her green eyes, using a black liquid liner on the lip lash line to make them pop.

On her lips I lines them softly with NYX Taupe and then filled them with a flush pink gloss.

For her foundation/contouring I used Maskcara IIID in stone (contour) + sunlit (highlight) + dahlia (blush) + pearl (illuminator)

Hope you love it!

April 19, 2016 at 12:19 am

eybrows after makeover are amazing, they lift the whole look and now she look younger and fresh! great job!

April 19, 2016 at 3:55 am

God you are just so ridiculously talented. I LIVE for makeover Mondays!

And what a gorgeous woman!

Katie. xx La Coco Noire

Gail Yeh
    April 19, 2016 at 5:12 am

Uuuuuhh Cara… you totally forgot to mention how completely amazing her hair is!

Betsy Brock
    April 19, 2016 at 6:28 am

Amazing! I love how correcting the shape of her eyebrows took away that sad look! Beautiful!

April 19, 2016 at 7:42 am

She’s gorgeous, and yes, the hair is crazy-good!

April 19, 2016 at 7:43 am

Wow….she looks gorgeous,! Everything you did was done so naturally and understated
    But made such a beautiful difference!

April 19, 2016 at 12:24 pm

Is that all her real hair? If so, I’m very jealous. If not, please tell us about her extensions!

April 19, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Gorgeous! Can you please show us step-by-step how you did her eyebrows? Mine need the same lift but don’t understand how to get from before to after. Thank you!

April 19, 2016 at 1:00 pm

She looks so pretty!!!

April 19, 2016 at 4:45 pm

I hope she keeps the new eyebrow shape! She looks 10 years younger! So pretty!

April 19, 2016 at 6:56 pm

she looks great, a natural beauty! I would love to know more about the products you like for a dry climate. I live in southwest Colorado and its soooooo dang dry here! I feel like I have to put 10 layers of moisturizer on my face every morning. And for my body? NOTHING WORKS! I’m always so dry!!! Please share!

Kiss & Make-up (@Kissmakeupblog)
    April 20, 2016 at 3:34 am

Very pretty. And her hair looks amazing!

April 20, 2016 at 10:45 am

I second the request for the step by step tutorial for shaping the eyebrows for this shape. I a,so have pretty straight eyebrows and would love to know how to make them looked arched like this.

April 20, 2016 at 2:25 pm

She’s gorgeous! I’ve just started doing my makeup more (I usually go au naturel), and your tips have really helped me along the way. It’s amazing the beauty that we have in ourselves. Thank you! 🙂

April 20, 2016 at 9:03 pm

I don’t get why you make eyebrows look so harsh, unnatural, and drawn CLOSE together all the time. Eyebrow defining and shaping is great to do, but…

April 24, 2016 at 5:02 pm

I agree, they look very artificial and way too close. Good to give her a little arch, but now brows look too dark, hard and fake. Like a tattoo.

April 21, 2016 at 8:27 am

Love the gloss and the cheek color (and of course, her hair is amazing!), but I feel like the makeover looks a little harsh and actually ages her. I actually prefer the before.

April 25, 2016 at 9:59 am

She’s beautiful. And, if the makeover is not to your liking, why comment? Go read someone else that does things how you like it! Sorry Cara, I know you know how to ignore things, or at least I hope you do.

April 25, 2016 at 8:30 pm

People are allowed to critique as well, Veronica.

Sara P
    May 13, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Can we talk about how she looks like a brunette Jennifer Aniston in the After photo?! Just beautiful. I’m always curious how your models feel about the After looks. Did she like her look? She looks fresh-faced and the eye shape is so flattering.

Rebecca Humbert
    May 29, 2016 at 8:56 am

Do people tell her she looks like Lynda Carter (TV’s original Wonder Woman)? She’s beautiful! Love this, Cara! I’m a brunette in my forties…I’ll be trying this!