Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

love

I love this. I think it’s part of the reason parenting is so amazingly wonderful. You love your children so much and they feel like such a part of you that everything they feel you feel too. Think if we loved more people like that. Like we were connected. Like their joy was our joy and their pain was our pain. That would lead to a very full and beautiful life.

EmmyLowePhotoMaskCarBlogPhotos-22

Dress: Nordstrom | Wedges: Dillard’s | Necklace: similar Photo: Emmy Lowe

I’m on a dress kick! Can you tell? I think because last spring I was nursing so dresses were few and far between this year I’m getting a little carried away!
This one is awesome though so I had to share it.
It’s the PERFECT dress to pack for a trip because it can look totally casual with flip flops and a flannel or you can easily fancy it up with a necklace and heels (exhibit A) Plus I’ve washed it a bunch of times and it hasn’t lost its color or shape. (which has become my number one concern lately since Billy manages to dirty ANYTHING I put on)

OK So if you have a little who’s like mine and hates the stroller you have to know about these cute little trikes. Billy would ride in his until the end of time! Plus it grows with them and turns into a regular little radio flyer by the time he’s too old to be pushed. I never know if something like this will be a sure fire hit or a one and done situation but this one is definitely the former.

A Long the lines of book recommendations one of my instagram friends told me to read “When Breath Becomes Air” and I loved it. Some of the thoughts the writer shared have stayed with me weeks after finishing it. Definitely a good read.

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!

cara

6 Comments

laura
    April 16, 2016 at 6:19 am

Love both dresses. You look absolutely beautiful.

Sunnee
    April 16, 2016 at 8:33 am

I love the dress on you! What size are you wearing?

Kiss & Make-up (@Kissmakeupblog)
    April 17, 2016 at 3:49 am

I love that quote. And your dress!!

Deborah Duxbury
    April 17, 2016 at 8:33 am

I just downloaded “When Breath Becomes Air” to my Kindle and started reading it last night. It has really drawn me in so far, especially since i’m a two-time cancer survivor. I can relate to a lot of his feelings when he first suspected he had the disease. I love your blog, by the way. It never fails to cheer me up and your kindness and sweet nature really shines through every post. Thank you, Cara.

Kiran
    April 18, 2016 at 5:17 am

Stunning outfit, looks lovely on you. I am seriously crushing on those gorgeous wedges, what is it about shoes? I can never have enough . . .

ALittleKiran

Lela
    April 19, 2016 at 8:15 am

When Breath Becomes Air – what a stunning book. I got it from the library but I am going to buy it so I can refer to a few parts now and again.

You look beautiful Cara! Love the dress, I got one like that from Stitch Fix last summer that I travel with constantly for the exact reason that it can be super casual or a cocktail dress with a few accessory switches. So lovely.