AskCara Beauty Basics

The truth about microblading/hair stroke brows

microblading

If you follow me on instagram you may already know That I had my brows microbladed by my rad sister. Microblading is like a semi-permanent tattoo in hair strokes. It looks natural and doesn’t wipe off in the pool or at night! It’s become so popular lately that I thought it might be nice for a lot of people considering it to hear from someone who has already had it done:)

Here is my before and after my first appointment (sorry about the fancy iphone pics):

brows

1. It won’t last as long as a traditional tattoo.
There is no needle in this process so the ink doesn’t go as deep. To me it’s a good thing because faces change over the years and so do styles so I am glad to not be stuck with the same brow
forever
Cause forever is a long time. How long does it last then you ask? Tough question. For most people its any where from 1-3 years. Although there are outliers on both ends of the spectrum based on skin type, lifestyle etc. They will fade out naturally over time. To keep them fresh and dark get a touch up once a year.

2. It’s a two part process
Your initial appointment + a touch up appointment 4-6 weeks later.
This is important to understand for two reasons. One, if you are planning to travel out of town for your appointment you should know you’ll have to make two trips and plan for that. And two, they will fade, often considerable and unevenly, don’t freak out. That’s what the touch up is for. It’s also a good time to address and tweaks you want to your brow if something is off to you.
This is my pre touch up brow on the left and post touch up on the right.
beforeandafter

3. It looks more like hair than “filled brows”

If you’ve grown accustomed to the look of your brows with makeup on them you may still want to fill them when you’re getting all glammed up. I still fill mine from time to time even when I do ADORE having the hair strokes there because I know exactly where to fill and it takes much less time when that part is taken care of. (that goes for tweezing as well!)

4. It is an art, find an artist you can trust.

Knowing someone has been certified can only tell you that they understand how to do the technique. That doesn’t necessarily mean they have the skills to draw the perfect brown on your face! You have to be VERY careful when you pick your artist! (Rachel is amazing if you can use her but I know that’s not possible for everyone!)
Look at their work. Make sure to see it healed as well. If at all possible get a personal reference from someone you know, or even reach out to one of their clients on social media to hear their experience. Make sure they are licensed and working in a hygienic environment.

5. A few words tips on choosing your shape.

Make sure your artist draw in the brow first so you can see EXACTLY how they will be shaped before he/she gets started on the permanent part!
Once they do draw them on make a few expressions and look at them from a few different angles. Even having them snap a photo of you from the side. A big mistake I see people making is just staring straight at the actual brows to make sure they look the exact same. Or expect your brows to match those of a celebrity or friend. You will drive yourself (and your brow person) crazy if you obsess over this. Don’t just look at your brows independently, evaluate them as they relate to your face. When you look in the mirror are they flattering YOUR face? Do you like they way they accompany YOUR expressions? Do they fit YOUR personality? Do they bring out YOUR features and bone structure?
Your face is unique, in fact each side of your face is unique and different so your brows can’t be cookie cutter, they have to fit you properly. (This paragraph is making me see the reality of my brow obsessions! haha )

If you have more questions please ask them below, I’ll be happy to help, or enlist rachel if needed:)

cara

260 Comments

Liz Little
    April 13, 2016 at 6:09 am

Does it hurt?

Michelle
      April 13, 2016 at 6:24 am

I had my brows microbladed almost 2 weeks ago, and even though the esthetician used lidocaine on my brows, it still hurt a lot, but it will be worth it in the end!

Susan
        May 13, 2017 at 10:46 pm

The first pass was brutal! After that I hardly felt a thing. But like you said, totally worth it! I’m not even a week in yet. 🙂

Cara
      April 13, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Mine didn’t hurt at all! I think it depends on your pain threshold and the type of numbing cream they use. I honesty was surprised how little I even felt it!

Sahithi
        June 22, 2016 at 9:24 am

Hi Cara,

What about the part when natural eyebrow grows and does that interfere with the microblading shape at all later?
        Can you please reply to my email id.

Chelci
        July 8, 2016 at 9:42 am

For some reason it won’t let me reply below so I will post here… but I have very little hair left on my eyebrows from my college years plucking thin little brows. I was told microblading is great when you have a good amount of hair already it will make it look more natural, but it might be more noticeable in my case and soft tap is probably what I should lean towards… Just wondering what you and your sisters opinion is in this case? Thanks

Ana
        November 29, 2016 at 8:15 am

Would you be able to find out what type of numbing cream it was that was used on you?

TERESA DAWSON
          March 28, 2017 at 4:38 pm

please explain what is “soft tap”. Also on first appt, will I need a bandage on my eyebrows and will my face look scratched up and bleeding? I want the procedure but obviously I’m a little afraid of the unknown

Lori
        April 21, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Hi Cara, do you know what kind of numbing cream was used during your procedure?

petitorenji
      July 26, 2016 at 10:58 am

It hurts a little bit.
      If we’re talking about the level of pain, it’s about a 1/5 of getting a paper cut. But the experience lasts longer so…

Erin
    April 13, 2016 at 6:13 am

Ahhh!! I’ve been waiting for this post! So helpful! I’ve been thinking about getting this done for the last few months (what a timesaver it would be each morning!), but REAL info on it is kind of hard to find and I don’t know anyone personally that’s had them done. So, what is the actual process like? Do they shave your existing eyebrows or tattoo over them? Pain factor? How long does it take? So curious. Yours look fantastic!! Thank you for sharing. :))

Cara
      April 13, 2016 at 5:40 pm

So NO they leave your current brow hairs and color between them, pain factor for me was zero (but I think that depends!), it took about an hour and a half for the first appointment and 1 hour for the second. It was sooooo awesome! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jasmine
        August 11, 2016 at 9:54 am

HI Cara I just had mine done three weeks ago but I’m not in love with the color i asked for blonde and they gave me darker because my hair was darker at time is there a way to lighten them also i love love your color can you respond or if you like email me which color it is i would love that
        i have to go for touchup soon thank you doll xx

KK
          August 24, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Darker brows go great with blonde hair! Google celebs with blonde hair and darker brows. Brown hair or darker hair looks good with a bit lighter than hair brow color. It sounds like the color lightness/darkness is correct. Maybe you just don’t like the shade/color? You can always get a touch up.

Julie
        October 1, 2016 at 9:56 am

I have a fairly big scar thru my brow that I have to fill in. How would this do on the scarring? Would this be a different color as it fades off? Would the scarred area even take? Any info is helpful.

Veronica
        March 9, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Where would a person like me go from little ole Hattiesburg, ms 39402 to get mine done, because as you ladies posted they are so beautiful. Therefore, I would love to wake up flawless next to my husband like yeasssss.

Brandin
          April 7, 2017 at 9:05 am

Ocean Springs! Marissa at Twisted Anchor did mine!

Laura
        May 4, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Hey Cara. It’s been a year you have done this. Has this affected in any way your hair regrowth? I have just done it and hope that after the healing my hair will regrow just fine…

Quy
      July 26, 2016 at 8:45 pm

I’m a Microblading artist, I live in louisville, Kentucky we do not shave your existing eyebrows we tattoo over them. It takes about 2 or 3 hours to fully tattoo your eyebrows, if you need more info email me ([email protected]) 🙂
      By the way call me Holly

Betsy
    April 13, 2016 at 6:17 am

How much does it cost?

Jenine O'Neill
      April 13, 2016 at 8:36 am

Just read this, says its about $700-$800, http://www.instyle.com/news/what-is-eyebrow-microblading-guide-facts

Nic b.
        July 7, 2016 at 10:52 pm

3-400 is typical… anything over that is highway robbery

Shea Tk
          July 11, 2016 at 10:03 am

Mine cost $320 and my free touch up is in 4 weeks. I had mine done almost 2 weeks ago and I live in northern Virginia, just 12 minutes from Washington, DC.

• Kyndra
            September 23, 2016 at 4:20 am

Hi. What is the name of the salon you received microblade service? Thanks..

• Deborah Baker
            January 19, 2017 at 3:57 pm

What was the name of the salon you went to in the DC area?

• Aly317
            February 9, 2017 at 8:08 am

I am also in NOVA….would you kindly recommend the person you used for microblading and if you were happy with the results! Thanks!

• Heather Altimus
            March 14, 2017 at 10:18 pm

Where in NoVA did you go?

Shea Tk
        July 11, 2016 at 10:05 am

Paula
          July 19, 2016 at 4:21 am

Hi Shea! I’m in MD! What’s the name of the place you went to?

Norma Serrato
          September 10, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Shea where did you go in DC? I did it before and didn’t work for me and I leave in Virginia too.

• Vera
            September 10, 2016 at 6:01 pm

I had mine done at Spa Noa in Reston VA

MARCIA WOODS
        January 21, 2017 at 11:59 am

I am going today and I’m in California. I am paying $450.
        I know this post is older but it may still be others looking to do it.

Nicole Victoria
          February 9, 2017 at 5:14 pm

Where did you go and how do they look?

Lucia
          March 6, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Hi Marcia I live in california as well and am so interested in doing this! My best friend had it done and it just looks so beautiful => … Where in California are you at and where are you having it done? This is going to be just a game changer, really lol

Cara
      April 13, 2016 at 5:38 pm

My sister charges $400 I think it depends on your area?

Judi
        June 8, 2016 at 9:29 am

Is your sister in Utah as well? Will you please provide the name of her salon/work place?

Jenna
          August 2, 2016 at 7:41 pm

I’m in Utah too and if it’s close by I would be interested

Yvonne
        June 19, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Where is she located

idkmybffjes
    April 13, 2016 at 7:08 am

I just wish you could come with me to sign off on if they are perfect or not!

Cara
      April 13, 2016 at 5:43 pm

I can’t tell you how much I wish I could too! haha. My sister probably hates when I come with people because I’ll be like “Ok, no look that direction hmmmmm, OK now let me see it from this angle..”haha It’s just so dang important that they’re perfect!

Vera @ luxuryreading.com
    April 13, 2016 at 7:22 am

I had my first session 9 days ago. Less than a week after, the microblading on one of my eyebrows almost completely disappeared (scabbed up and then fell off). Since I had very little in terms of eyebrows to begin with, that side now looks very spotty…the remaining scabs almost make it looks like I have dirt on my skin. I know there is the touch-up session but not sure how it’ll make a difference…I’m guessing it will scab up and disappear again. My friend had the same experience even after 3 sessions…

Rachel
      April 13, 2016 at 9:28 am

Yikes. Will they give you your money back if it doesn’t “take”? Seems like a lot to spend on something that doesn’t give the results you expected!

Vera @ luxuryreading.com
        April 13, 2016 at 9:52 am

Thankfully I had a friend do it and she didn’t charge me…I just tipped her. But sounds like the “not taking” part can happen since my friend had the same results…

Ellin
        September 18, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Vera – Can you please tell us where your brows were done? The hairs are well defined, doesn’t have that solid color like a straight ribbon. Thanks for any reply.

Cara
      April 13, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Oh dear! I think it does happen with some people regardless of the skills of the technician but when my sister first started and was still practicing it definitely happened more so it can be the artists fault as well. I’m glad she didn’t charge you! Sorry you went through all that pain for nothing!

Nic b.
      July 7, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Get your money back! They didn’t do it right.

Stacy Rapoport
      July 20, 2016 at 8:43 am

Vera, how did it turn out? At around 9 days I was very disappointed because I could barely see the ink anymore, especially on the most sparse areas of my brows. I was really irritated and felt like my technician had done something wrong but they gradually came back and I was just reading online today that this is really normal and a strange part of the healing process. Just got my touch up done so I’m ready for round two of scabby eyebrows.

Alana
        July 25, 2016 at 11:33 pm

what do you mean they gradually came back? I’m experiencing the same thing about 6 days after my appointment they’re looking very patchy and every time I look in the mirror I see new scabs that have flaked off taking pigment with it. unfortunately it’s another 3 weeks before I have my touchup

Thandi
          September 8, 2016 at 9:30 pm

What ever happened with your eyebrows, I am going through the same and having a mini meltdown. They scabbed and I have patchy skin but don’t see any of the strokes.

• Annie
            October 8, 2016 at 4:01 pm

What happened with your Microblading after the patchy scabs exfoliated? I am in the same boat as you and I am like literally losing my mind over it. The scabs are coming off and leaving what looks like just pinkish skin.

Amanda
        October 12, 2016 at 11:54 am

The same thing is happening to me. Its day 6 of my healing process and parts of my microblading is literally gone. One eyebrow had dissapeared almost completely and its safe to say im freaking out.

Amanda
          October 12, 2016 at 11:55 am

Its like the scabs are coming off and taking the pigment with it.

• Lorraine
            November 12, 2016 at 6:05 am

Exactly! I had the same exact experience. Had my 1st session done in Oct 3. Looks gorgeous for the 1st 4 days until it started scabbing. When the scabs started lifting and falling on it’s own, it took the hairstrokes pigment with it so I had bald spots and totally freaked out. Called my tech/artist she said it’s completely normal and ink will come back, but no, it didn’t. It was like I never had it done. i had my touch up appt yesterday. For me, it was not a touch up but a do over. Love my brows again! I just hope it won’t fall on me again 🙁

Brooke
        January 6, 2017 at 7:31 am

Did anyone’s results take after their touch-up appointment? Like many of these stories, mine looked gorgeous for the first week or so. However anywhere a scab formed, I knew I would ultimately lose all of the pigment there. The touch-up appointment was basically an entire re-do. It lasted a little longer than the first time around, but I am not three weeks out and absolutely all of the pigment is gone. I made an appointment for a third session, but my technician advised me to cancel it if they didn’t take this time so I wouldn’t waste anymore money. Does anyone know what causes this? Is it skin type? I am completely devastated I spent so much money for something that didn’t last longer than a week and had to deal with patchy brows for a period of time on top of that.

Nicole
          January 24, 2017 at 11:55 pm

Brooke, do you tend to have oily skin? That can impact how the pigment will take. I also don’t know what kind of aftercare your technician gave you, but the way I was taught is to keep them occluded with vaseline and to absolutely not let them scab. You’re right, the scab is going to take the pigment with it. If you keep them occluded it will slow the healing process and the pigment will have a better chance of hanging around. I hope this helps, I can’t imagine how frustrating that is.

Lisa
    April 13, 2016 at 7:58 am

I have naturally thick,very dark eyebrows that I detested my whole teenage and early twenty years. Unibrow phobia for sure here! Now thicker brows are back in style! I still get them waxed monthly and fill in a little bit to get the slightly higher arch and longer tail style I prefer. The biggest problem I have now is I have started greying prematurely (thanks dad!) because my hair and brows are both so dark even the few greys ( which are actually white,ugh, even worse!) show up even more. Brow powder pretty much covers the grey, though. Just wondering if micro blading would even beneficial for me. Thought maybe it could help me maintain the shape I prefer better for knowing exactly where to tweeze or wax, and because I’m make up challenged and have to spend a lot of time to get the exact shape I want even though it doesn’t take much brow make up, it’s just my skills. But Ifigure it might be just as much upkeep since I will still need monthly waxing or tweezing because they grow so darn fast! Plus I would still probably have to cover the greys. Do people with naturally thick brows even consider micro blading? Opinions?

Sandy Plass
      May 15, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Dye your eyebrows as you would color your hair….

Celina Rae
      July 7, 2016 at 9:24 am

I have dark hair so I just use some of the hair colour left over in the botttle after dying my hair and apply with a q-tip to my brows.

Michelle
    April 13, 2016 at 8:24 am

Hi Cara, microblading sounds awesome! Would you be able to show us step y step what the process actually looks like (I.e. The tool itself, what the brow looks like immediately after, bleeding or not?) it’s looks so amazing, but I think my uneasiness to do it is because I don’t know what the process looks like. Thanks for the post!

Jenine O'Neill
    April 13, 2016 at 8:31 am

Is there a good website for references? I feel overwhelmed by my google search.

Echo Hause
    April 13, 2016 at 9:23 am

Lisa you should look into brow tinting. It is amazing!

Rachel
    April 13, 2016 at 9:31 am

How much does it hurt and what does it feel like as it’s being done? Also, I understand how they can add hair strokes in areas that don’t have hair but how do they handle areas of the brows that grow hair that they want to remove?

Vera @ luxuryreading.com
      April 13, 2016 at 9:51 am

Rachel – in the beginning I felt very little. Towards the end, it felt like someone was dragging a blade across a wound. So it can hurt quite a bit…even with the numbing cream. Depending on the shape you choose. you’d have to maintain by tweezing areas you don’t want to grow in…or waxing.

Alana
        July 25, 2016 at 11:35 pm

for me it hurt the whole way through, gradually getting worse as it went on. it’s a scraping feeling and very irritating, but not unbearable. Definitely unpleasant and painful enough to make you flinch and bring some tears to your eyes but I also wasn’t wailing in pain

Stacy Rapoport
      July 20, 2016 at 8:35 am

I just had my follow-up appt and both times I found the process excruciatingly painful. I have a high pain threshold, I have a lot of tattoos and always felt like I was kind of a badass but this HURT. It may be that I’m especially sensitive in my brow area or that my brow lady was using subpar numbing cream, or not reapplying it. I think it might be the latter.

Amanda R
        May 2, 2017 at 1:04 pm

I had mine done two weeks back and it HURT. I too have always thought I had a high pain tolerance but not this time. Also, she only applied numbing cream at the beginning. My question is, I feel like they are too dark, almost gray looking. I’m used to using a chocolate brown color. Could she go in on my touchup and add chocolate brown? What do you think?

Eva
    April 13, 2016 at 10:16 am

This blog post arrived literally 10 minutes after I booked an appointment to see a microblading specialist. Reading this makes me feel reassured that I’m making the right choice, thanks! 🙂

Abby Johnson
    April 13, 2016 at 11:39 am

Do you have any recommendations for a specialist in the SLC area?

I nearly swooned over Rachel’s work but I think St. George is a bit far (I’m in Wyoming). 😉

Kaylee
      September 7, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Caylle Clark is amazing she in Ogden

susan
    April 13, 2016 at 2:30 pm

You are very BRAVE!!

teeokeefe
    April 13, 2016 at 4:14 pm

At 92, my Nana never had to put her “face” on. she had her brows AND eyeliner (top AND bottom) tattooed… I must say that I always thought it was pretty nifty that she always looked “camera ready” even in the morning. I am sure this new process is safer and has more advantages, like being able to modify later. Nana’s looked good, but Microblading sounds like a great advancement. I only recently have even started using ANYTHING on my brows (and I’m 55) – I’ve been abundantly lucky in that area and the only thing now is that I have begun to use the brow mascara gel stuff…. best thing EVER. Your brows look terrific – you TOO will be camera ready in the morning 🙂 .

Rachel
    April 13, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Thank you so much for this post! I have had so many questions about microblading and what to expect. Your brows look incredible and I definitely want to get this done.

Cami
    April 13, 2016 at 7:52 pm

What about people with blonde hair? With the strokes being applied in between hairs, will my naturally blonde eyebrows stand out or will I need to tint/darken my existing brows forever?

Krysta
    April 13, 2016 at 7:54 pm

I got my eyebrows micro bladed 5 days ago and I’m SOOOOO happy with the results already! You can see my before and after here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEJyWe6NBqY/?taken-by=ironorchidpm

It only hurt a little at the end, otherwise it felt like a sunburn in progress. My eyebrow artist (ironorchid.ca) talked me through every step so I knew when the numbing cream was wearing off, when she was reapplying it, and when she was letting it wear off due to the end of the process being near.

She warned me that the first two days, I would be terrified of the results and really worried that I made a mistake. And it was true. Because of this warning, I made no plans and I was thankful. I didn’t go anywhere, they were intensely dark and thick (swelling made them look thicker than she actually drew). By day 3 I didn’t feel as self conscious, whether the swelling went down or I just got used to them, I was ready to leave and live my life. 🙂 I also dyed my roots a dark brown to balance it out so that I wouldn’t feel like my dark eyebrows were quite so dark. It cost me $500, took about 2.5 hours including consultation, and I go back in 4 weeks for the touch up.

Post care has been great, Vaseline 5x a day for 3 days and now nivea 5x a day for 10 days. I will have to be more careful to wear sunscreen and avoid scrubs and face treatments on my eyebrow area, but I’m so happy with the results that I am happy to take care and be considerate to make them last. I will probably budget to get a yearly touch up.

Jana
      April 13, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Your results are AMAZING!!!

Eva
      April 14, 2016 at 7:19 am

They look absolutely stunning!

Krysta
      April 14, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Thank you, I am so happy with the results so far!!

Also wanted to share that my brows did start to dry out with the coconut oil so I switched to Nivea by recommendation of my specialist.

Ricky Cole
      April 16, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Your brows look AMAZING!!!! I have been looking into this for a few months & yours are some of the best I have seen! I hope I can find someone this good to do mine in WI!!

Erin
      April 19, 2016 at 10:26 am

Your brows are GORGEOUS!

Krysta
      April 22, 2016 at 11:27 am

Here’s another before and after 🙂 https://www.instagram.com/p/BEgRVcXNBqS/?taken-by=ironorchidpm

Holly Hardy
        October 1, 2016 at 6:35 am

Yours are the best I’ve seen. Many appear so thick and dark and I want a more natural look. Seeing yours makes me feel better about trying this.

Ellin
        October 1, 2016 at 9:41 am

I agree with Holly. Krysta’s brows are fantastic.

Ellin
        October 1, 2016 at 9:43 am

Krysta – Can you please say where you had your microblading done? Company name and location?

lfm
      January 29, 2017 at 9:30 am

They look great. I am considering getting this done and am concerned about how long they will take with the scabbing to look ok for me to be at work. I work in a fairly conservative work place in a management role. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Lindsay Murray
    April 13, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Is it a bad idea to get your brows microbladed when you’re pregnant? I’ve saved up enough money to get mine done, I need them so bad! I have thick brows but they are the lightest blonde, if I don’t fill them in then I really look like I don’t have brows at all! How do they look on blondes? But anyways I’m wondering if I’ll have to wait till I’m no longer pregnant. Are there risks?

Rachel
      April 14, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Since this is a fairly new technique, I’m guessing there have not been studies done regarding microblading and pregnant women. You could see if any research has been done regarding pregnancy and tattoos since that would be somewhat similar. I would assume that if it is safe to get a tattoo during pregnancy, it would also be safe to do this. Personally, I would wait until after the baby is born. It’s a nine month wait at most and any time you can avoid putting chemicals into your body during pregnancy, I think that’s a good thing. 🙂

Vera
    April 13, 2016 at 8:41 pm

It’s odd how post instructions vary…I see someone commented about using Vaseline on the brows after microblading and I was specifically told not to. Maybe mine wouldn’t have peeled if I had :/

Amanda
      January 10, 2017 at 9:07 am

Vera how did yours end up turning out? I’m two weeks out of my appointment and mine have almost all peeled off. My artist also told me to “dry heal” and avoid ointments. I’m wondering if mine wouldn’t have peeled off if I had used something.

Amy
        January 10, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Hi Amanda, I am on Day 4 and mine are already starting to flake. My artist also told me to dry heal because I have an oily T-Zone. She says that the oil would blend the strokes and it would look more like a blob than natural. My brows are very dry and itchy. I have been tempted to buy the grape seed oil she wouldn’t give me. She seemed to act like dry healing is better and that people way over use the oil. Now I am worried all my color will peel away and not come back.

Debbie lark
    April 13, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Where is your sis located and how can we make an appt??

Jenn
      April 23, 2017 at 1:54 am

I had mine done in Brisbane, Australia. The first time around I loved the outcome but lost most of the pigment after 2 weeks. For the touch up the technician darkened the pigment & cut deeper, so far so good, they are looking great & I still have a third touch up just in case. Bupanthen was recommended to help with healing & reduce scanning. IF you have oily skin there is more likelihood the pigment will not hold so dry healing preferable & if dry skin bupanthenum works well. I’ll post a pic once I’m sure the pigment is staying this time 😉

Kiss & Make-up
    April 14, 2016 at 3:54 am

Finding a good artist and getting the right shape is definitely essential!

Ally
    April 14, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Does anyone have a recommendation for an artist in the Denver, Colorado area? Thanks!!

Virginia
      May 16, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Did you find someone in Colorado? I have been looking too

Alycia
        June 6, 2016 at 11:53 am

A few people I know when to JBe Beauty in Denver(near Cherry Creek). My friend says Simone did an awesome job. I’m thinking of getting it done too. Their instragram is @Jbebeautydenver

Leslie Geffen
          May 12, 2017 at 1:27 am

I’m in Denver and Simone at JBe Beauty did mine. She works out of Skin in the City on corner of 11th and Delaware St. She is great, very professional and my brows look beautiful. A little heavy and dark, but that is normal the first few days, she said they will shrink and lighten.

Margot
      June 27, 2016 at 12:48 am

I would recommend Michelle Hale at the Beauty Spot in Boulder Co. I just had my touch up done and love how they look! At my first appointment I was nervous but Michelle quickly put me at ease. Like some others here, the numbing cream didn’t initially work. Michelle did the first pass and numbed them again and the rest of the session was pain free.

Seabron
      July 4, 2016 at 6:52 pm

I do microblading in Denver, check out my website: nativecrowns.com

Aimee
    April 15, 2016 at 2:48 pm

My sister has struggled with trichotillomania for about 18 years. She literally has no eyebrows. She draws them on but it looks awful. Do you think this is an option for her? I would pay for her to fly anywhere if there was someone I trusted to do it.

Rachel L.
      May 8, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Hi Aimee! I’m sorry to hear your sister has suffered for so long. Microblading is absolutely an option for her, a great one in fact. You can check out different microblading artists on Instagram, try out different hashtags such as #microblading #eyebrowembroidery #featherstrokebrows #hairstroke , etc. I personally own a spa in Pompano Beach, FL and I will offer microblading very soon. I would be happy to even get you a great price, just because I too, would do anything for my own sister 🙂 If you’re interested, my Instagram is @NuDermaLaser and you can DM me 🙂 Otherwise I highly recommend utilizing Instagram to find great microblading artists. Hope you have a great day.

asandstrom
      June 3, 2016 at 8:37 am

That must be so difficult to deal with. My only concern would be whether your sister would be able to resist touching the area during the healing process. I’ve experienced some flaking and am between the first and second treatment. It’s hard to just let them be as they go through what I’m referring to as the patchy stage.

Erin McLaughlin
    April 15, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Is there a resource that lists providers and their contact info? Trying to find someone near me, but not having much luck with a google search. Thanks!

Lauren
    April 15, 2016 at 9:52 pm

I had mine done about 2 months ago and I love them! Mine did hurt quite a bit, especially in the beginning of the process. My esthetician used a topical numbing creme first that did absolutely nothing, then once my skin was opened up she was able to apply a stronger creme that helped a lot. She said for some people the first application of numbing creme doesn’t do anything, it just depends on the person (yay me…). They were super dark for the first week, but by the end of week two pretty much all of the scabs had fallen off and they looked pretty good. My esthetician included a 4 week touch up in her fee ($450). As far as after care, I was told not to get them wet for a week, and to apply coconut oil twice a day for a week (my esthetician said coconut oil helps them to heal faster than vaseline). If you’re in the Phoenix metro area, I highly recommend Nancy Nu at Nu Brows and Lashes!

Stefanie LeBlanc
    April 16, 2016 at 8:46 am

Hi Cara! I’d love to chime in with other “truths”. Microblading absolutely does use a needle.. Anywhere from 7-14 tiny needles in a row that slice into the upper layer of the dermis. Hence, the term blading. It absolutely is a tattoo and while it does fade, the term semi-permanent is a marketing tactic in the US (no one wants a permanent tattoo on their face, right?). Going only as deep as the epidermis is risky (as it will disappear unevenly with the natural cell renewal process), and not typical of qualified technicians. No one can guarantee how long skin will hold on to pigment as everyone’s skin and lifestyles are different. Everyone’s pain level and healing is different too. I have had clients with no anesthetic, and others that were sensitive. I read a comment that mentioned scabbing. It should flake off as fish food, not scab. Thanks to our faces being exposed to the elements and our beauty routines, the fading occurs faster than traditional tattoos and, as you mentioned, color boosts are necessary. Rachel does amazing work and I love her brows! Having this done requires research with so many misleading ideas out there, even coming from top trainers in the field. Your readers can visit the SPCP.org for consumer info on this industry.

Melissa
    April 20, 2016 at 3:50 pm

I have an appointment to get mine done in August (yes my girl was booked out that far in advance she’s so good!) But beyond showing pictures of a few times I really loved my eyebrows, how do I know what to ask for? I mean I know that I want them to appear not quite as thin (I have reallllllly fine hair, so while I have a lot and a great shape, without filling them in they almost appear to be nonexistant halfway down in photos) But how do you know what to request? I’m not skilled with makeup, so I dont know what brow would look best on my face shape etc. For instance, when you do monday makeovers you mention wanting to raise someone’s eyebrows up a bit higher to make it look like ____ etc. How do we know those kinds of things? (Obviously I picked a talented esthetician and I know she’ll do great, but I want to be sure I communicate well.)

Shannon tucker
    April 21, 2016 at 2:45 pm

I would LOVE to see your girl Rachel, but can’t swing the travel (Utah I believe) can you recommend anyone in California? Preferably northern? Thank you so much!

Stefanie
      April 25, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Daria Chuprys in Beverly Hills. Perhaps Her assistant can recommend someone in northern Cali. 🙂

Abigail
    April 26, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Your eyebrows look really good! I swear by Benefit Gimme Brow which I use every day to fill in my brows and keep them in place.

Karmen
    April 29, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Hi Cara,

I’m interested in the training and licensing part. Could you give me any info.

Karmen

Jennifer Cunningham
    April 30, 2016 at 7:23 pm

I am also interested in getting trained for this, I had my cosmetology license for about 10 years and then let it go when I got into the medical field, I really would like to do this at least part time.

Yasmeen
    May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am

HELP! Just had my eyebrows done 8 days ago. Some areas didn’t take and I was reassured they will touch them up in a few weeks. Can I fill in the bare spots with powder or pencil? Do you have tips on post care instructions? My brows always look greasy from putting stuff on them. Worried after my touch up I will have the same problem.

Anne
      June 1, 2016 at 7:46 pm

I’m in between too and am afraid too much color has flaked off. I wonder about filling the blank spots too. Have you had your touch up, Yasmeen? How did it go?

asandstrom
        June 3, 2016 at 8:40 am

@Yasmeen: Actually, I just realized you had yours done 2 days before me. I’d love to know how your turn out.

Yasmeen
          June 4, 2016 at 6:03 pm

I go back at the end of this month for my second treatment. I do notice a slight difference, but I’m afraid of what it’ll look like after my second treatment. Hoping I’ll love them, but pray I don’t have to go through the same healing process like I did the first time.

• asandstrom
            June 5, 2016 at 7:48 am

Mine look a bit better too. I go back on the 22nd. I know they’ll look great right after. I’m afraid they’ll be a little patchy after healing. Just curious – do you have dry skin? I’ve read that it doesn’t take or last as well on dry skin (and I do have very dry skin).

• yasmeen
            June 6, 2016 at 6:05 am

My eyebrows get a little dry in the winter months. I’m really hoping my second treatment goes well. I emailed the person who did them, waiting for a reply back. I may have to push my second treatment back two weeks. I have a major meeting at work the following week and do not want to stand in front of a bunch of people if I have the same patchy look the first go round.

Michelle
        August 24, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Hi there, I am on day 7 and I am having the same problem. My eyebrows are still flaking and they look horrible with the bare spots! Did you end up filling the space with pencil?

Vera @ luxuryreading.com
          August 24, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Mine were the same way after the 1st application. On the 2nd, I did much better – the healing process was faster/easier and more pigment remained. I wound up having a 3rd application just to fill in some minor spots but would have been fine with 2 as well.

My artist noted that the quality of ink makes a huge difference to staying power. The thicker inks are apparently better. Mine uses Phi Brows

Anne Sandstrom
      June 24, 2016 at 7:44 am

I had my touch up 2 days ago. Of course, my brows look AMAZING right now. It did hurt a bit more afterward (but if that means they don’t get patchy, I don’t mind.) I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they stay put… I’ll keep you posted. During the initial healing, my mood changed, depending on how I thought my brows looked. So right now, I’m pretty happy.

Nisa
        June 24, 2016 at 8:56 am

I would wait until you complete the 10 days before filling them in (that’s when I started filling mine in). I had my first appointment early last month and just had my second appointment. I will say I hated healing process. My brows were patchy and my kids kept asking what was wrong with my face. My brows were greasy and itchy. I’m hoping to have better results after I complete this second healing process.

asandstrom
          June 24, 2016 at 9:07 am

Thanks Nisa. Good advice. Actually, I probably won’t touch them for a month! (Other than following the after care instructions, of course.) I hope you healing process goes better this time.

asandstrom
      July 6, 2016 at 12:24 pm

I had my touchup 2 weeks ago. So far, they seem to be doing much better at staying in place. There is some flaking, but it’s more like little white flecks of skin. (Like dandruff.) There are a couple of little patchy spots – not very noticeable. But if they stay like this, I’ll be very happy. I’ll keep you posted.

Yasmeen
        July 7, 2016 at 8:17 am

I had my touch up done two weeks ago also. I will be honest, I was WORRIED. The healing process was much better the second time. I plan to contact the lady who did my brows because it seems like one brow didn’t take as good as the other (seems like my one brow has always been like that, even before microblading). Not sure if I will do this again in another 1 or 2, but only time will tell. I guess I will re-evaluate things in another few months to see how my brows look.
        My words of advice……Do it during the cooler months when you don’t have to be out and about all the time. Don’t SWEAT, it will make the healing process horrible and your brows will look super dark and thick (my kids kept asking what was wrong with my face, lol). Sleep on your back or in a position where nothing touches your brows.

asandstrom
          July 7, 2016 at 10:13 am

When I read your update, Yasmeen, I had to check to make sure I didn’t write it, including the advice about not doing it during the summer. LOL. One slightly large flake with hair stroke color in it fell off this morning. I’m back to being discouraged. I’ve even started reading a bit about brow transplants, but I can’t image how upset I would be if that didn’t take. I just wonder how common it is for brows the wind up patchy.

asandstrom
        July 15, 2016 at 1:12 pm

So it’s been 23 days since my touchup. The last right eyebrow scab fell off this morning. There’s pretty much nothing left of the right brow pigment. The left brow is doing better, with no real patches hanging off and some pigment still visible. I’m pretty discouraged. Sent pix to the salon, they’re going to get back to me about what to do next. Not sure I want to keep going through this.

What’s worse (emotionally) is that this all echoes when I lost my brows during chemo and the ordeal of trying one cancer treatment after another, hoping the next one would be the one that worked. Well, one (or all) finally worked. It just feels like a case of “maybe the next touchup will work” and I’ll have eyebrows.

Or do I want to go back to temporary henna tattoo – which can look kind of awful and shiny, or using pencil/powder, which also looks awful.

Ah, cancer. You’re never actually done fighting it, are you?

Thanks for letting me vent.

ashley
          November 17, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Hey! Looks like im going through the same thing now ! (hopefully!) Anyways, I got the first session done and im on day 9. I have Trichotylimaona so no hair on my end. So not having to worry about brows is just amazing. They looked fantastic in shape but as the scabs fall off the pigment is super faint. I’ve read that this is normal for the first 4 wks! I go for the second session in about a month and fingers crossed- it will stick. AsandStrom- How are yours now?

• Anne
            November 17, 2016 at 5:02 pm

My brows are still visible. It took almost 6 weeks after the touch up for the color to reappear. They look good and I can skip any brow pencil if I want, but I do usually add just a bit of color to a couple of spots that are a bit lighter.

asandstrom
      July 28, 2016 at 6:24 am

After having my brows done on May 13 and the touch up on June 22, it seemed like all the pigment disappeared. But yesterday (July 27) I washed the brow area and lo and behold much of the pigment appeared. Probably about 75% of the original strokes are visible. We’ll see how long it lasts…

Jenz Malloway
        September 5, 2016 at 1:48 am

This sounds so mysterious to me! just reading all of these posts and hope to see another update from you as I go on…

Chris
    May 20, 2016 at 10:08 am

“There are no needles involved ”
    What? Then how do you think it cuts the skin?!
    There is so much missinformation about microblading. This is only partially true. Microblading is the same as any other modality that is used to deposit pigment in the skin. The sweet spot is the upper dermis. If it was only deposited in the epidermis it would she’d off in 6-8 mo.
    Unless someone has practiced on many people (and I have seen plenty that are a mess) there is no way to “feel” your sweet spot as with other modalities.
    Just sayin….

Kiva
    May 28, 2016 at 10:22 am

Can you recommend anyone in New York? I am DESPERATE to try microblading!

Jessica Egan
      October 17, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Permaline in huntington NY or she has another location, not sure where. her work speaks for itself if you google the website

Jessica
    May 30, 2016 at 12:23 pm

How does it fade? Does it change colors when it fades? Does it look spotty when it starts to fade? I’m more worried about the long term effects vs the now! What will they be like in 3 years?

Crystal
      June 8, 2016 at 7:09 pm

This is exactly what I’m researching!

Rene' Young
    June 2, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Hello my name is Rene’ Young. I am the owner of “brash” brow and lash bar in Birmingham, Al.
    I have been certified to do Microblading/ Hair Stroke Brows. I’ve been in the cosmetic arena for over 15 years. I was an account exec for Ralph Lauren, a cosmetic buyer for 9 Belk stores and a makeup artist for Lancôme. Brows are My Thing!
    Just like with anything else, do your research before having this done. The most important part of this procedure is having your brows shaped correctly and drawn on before technician starts the procedure. It doesn’t matter how great the strokes are if brows are not shaped correctly. Ask to see pics of prior clients.
    I have been open a little over a month now, so only have a few pics on FB page. If there’s anyone in the area or willing to travel to Birmingham, Al. that would like to have this procedure done and would like more info just give me a call. I offer a free consult. I will walk you thru procedure and shape/draw your brows so you can see what they will look like after procedure.

Amber Mayfield
      October 29, 2016 at 10:37 am

Can you tell me where I can get certified and trained in Alabama to do microblading? I’m in the Dothan area and can’t find anyone!

asandstrom
    June 3, 2016 at 8:47 am

http://www.spcp.org/ – a previous post mentioned this site as a resource for finding a reputable microblading practitioner. It’s a little hard to find in this thread, so I’m reposting.

Penny
    June 4, 2016 at 11:25 am

You might’ve already sent so, Cara, but where are you located? And how do we find a good, reliable technician in our area? Thanks so much for all your excellent information!

Marcia
    June 8, 2016 at 9:16 am

Cara where is your sister located would very much like to have this done.

Stefy Belmonte
    June 21, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Hello ladies I have been doing Microblading for 9 months. I’m located in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area but I do travel! the main thing to keep in mind when looking at some ones work is the final product. Microblading is a two step process some Artist forget this and over fill you brow with strokes on the first session leaving you with a shadow a month later instead of beautiful real like brows! always ask to see pictures of their work after the touch up.

if you are looking for a reliable artist with years in the beauty industry look no further! don’t take my word for it, rather than doing that you can see for your self at StefysCorner.com or look me up on FB Stefy Belmonte

Jessica beaton
    June 22, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Thanks for this blog, this is what I do, micro blading, I’m in Miami. Beiamed is the company I work for. We are a small medical spa and many of our clients come and are misinformed or uneducated on micro blading and then are not satisfied, they expect a one time permanent perfect eyebrows. Lol
    I agree with everything you said, and your brows look great!!

Hanna
    June 24, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Anyone have a suggestion for Knoxville TN?

Lisa
      February 28, 2017 at 9:28 am

Hi Hanna, Did you ever find someone in Knoxville, TN? Did you get your brows done, and if so, how did they turn out?

Crissy
        February 28, 2017 at 10:07 am

On your response to the knoxville, I went to beauty redefined in oak ridge, my 5th day. She was great!

Elisha Hall
          March 3, 2017 at 7:44 am

Do you have pics by chance ? I’m in Knox I also heard arched studios on southerland is doing them now

• Crissy
            March 4, 2017 at 6:32 am

I don’t know how to attach pic. You got an email?

L Davis
          May 10, 2017 at 8:25 am

Hi Crissy, Thank you so much for your response. I just had my brows done by Kim at Beauty Redefined on May 2 and absolutely love them. They are healing very well so far. My touch up was scheduled for 2 months out because she is book up solid (I booked my appointment on March 3rd).

Shalyce
    June 24, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Sooooooo, if this lasts that long what do you do about a botched job? My daughter got hers done and they did a really bad job! She is devastated! They shaved her eyebrows and made them way to thick, and uneven.

Ariana
    June 26, 2016 at 8:04 am

Hi Cara, What about the part when natural eyebrow hair starts to grow? Do you just get it waxed or pluck it?

amy
    June 28, 2016 at 9:30 am

How much should you tip if it’s at a salon?

Kim Rose
    July 7, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Is microblading safe if you are pregnant?

Yasmeen
      July 11, 2016 at 12:25 pm

The technician I used in PA said you shouldn’t get it done while pregnant. Your body goes through so different hormone changes so it’s best to wait until after you have the baby.

Sara
    July 17, 2016 at 7:43 am

My microblading never came back…it didnt hurt when I had it done and I never scabbed…I grew my brows out for 2 years. When I had them microbladed, a few days before she waxed them and took off a lot on my tails, and since th pigment never came back, they are almost non existant now. Im freaking out. I saved for this and it was just a waste of money :0(

Yasmeen
    July 17, 2016 at 10:46 am

Was this your touch up? My one brow took better than the other. I’m a little upset about it. Don’t think I’ll do it again in the future

asandstrom
      July 17, 2016 at 12:20 pm

The good thing about my experience is now I know exactly what shape my brows should be. The trick is to somehow replicate that. I used some clear plastic to draw the shape. Think I’ll try to find a stencil that matches. (I’d make one, but I’m not that crafty.) My husband even offered to learn how to draw in individual hairs for me (which might be better than me trying to do it myself.) Unless a miracle happens and the color appears (not likely) I don’t think I’ll do it again.

It would be interesting to know what the range of experiences is. Is the pigment disappearing really rare? Are there ways to figure out who might not be a good candidate. Weird question – if your pigment didn’t take do you tend to get kind of tough callouses on your feet? I do. I suspect that might be an indicator.

Bekah
    July 18, 2016 at 3:44 pm

I am a esthetician wanting to start microblading but not sure which company to go with, what are your recommendations?

[email protected]
    July 22, 2016 at 10:14 am

Can I have Rachel’s number

Rebecca
    July 25, 2016 at 8:54 am

Cara, I am considering treating my mom to microblading. Do they shave your existing eyebrows off first? I noticed in a lot of the pictures… Before and after, it appears like they have either shaved a portion off or the entire brow before drawing on the shape. My mom wants something natural not the box dark kardashian brows. Would microblading be good for filling in area where there is hair loss in the eyebrow?

Alana
      July 25, 2016 at 11:40 pm

I have a fair bit of existing hair in my brow area but wanted a more dense look as they are patchy in spots. they definitely didn’t need to shave any part of my brow or pluck anything. they actually say having more hair to start with makes it easier because that gives them a better guideline and less painful cuts they have to make to your brow area.

Danielle
    July 28, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Hi Cara

I just had mine done by a top notch place in NYC. I’m on day 7 of healing and I’m noticing an extremely light color – some barely noticeable. Several people keep telling me that this happens and the color will “come back” within about 28 days. I did research and found some blogs saying the same. Any experience with this?

Best,
    Danielle

Tricia
      November 3, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Hey Danielle, fellow nyc girl over her, just wondering if the pigment came back and if you recommend where/who you went to? Are you happy with the end result and if you don’t mind my asking, how much did they charge? Thank you so much : )
      Tricia

Sandra
    July 29, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Is there anyone In Rhode Island who does microblading?

Stephanie
    August 1, 2016 at 11:57 am

Does anyone know of a good microblading place in Houston, TX? My Google search yields so many results that I’m feeling overwhelmed. Also, any recommendations on what to look for in a business that might be red flags (e.g. equipment cleaning procedures, etc…)?

Thanks in advance!!!

aneliese
    August 2, 2016 at 3:01 am

so after 1-3 is the “tattoo” completely gone?? thanks

valerie espositp
    August 3, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Recommendations for microblading in Birmingham, AL?

kateles
    August 9, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Curious if we can see what you look like now? It’s easy to find before and after pics online… but I want to see what it looks like 3, 6, 12 months later. Thanks!

Yasmeen
      August 9, 2016 at 6:52 pm

I’ve been looking for pics also. Everyone looks great right after.

Gigi
        August 12, 2016 at 7:01 am

I just started doing the brows on clients. It’s important to understand they are c shaped hairs we put on. If you like the look of a solid shape love you get when you pencil in your own brows this is not for you. This process is a natural hair stroke look
        I personally don’t like to follow a pattern that you learn at school I feel they all tend to look alike. I like to make mine in the same pattern of your hair strokes. Your brow is not perfect you can’t count the strokes on your regular brows. But you want them neet. Not perfact. Good luck. Like a nose job you don’t want to recognize your nose on someone else.

Ellie
          November 14, 2016 at 3:22 am

Hi Gigi, I am glad to have found someone who is of the same opinion as me! Most of these brow jobs seem so fake and unnatural, clone – brow and way too uniform which is great if you like that drag look but for me too o.t.t. and angry for day time looks.

Cat Shockley
    August 17, 2016 at 6:50 pm

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to share their experiences! Especially Cara, who started this whole conversation! All the people who shared their pictures look truly amazing!!!! I’m willing to give it ago. I live in Southern California. If anyone knows a tech in this area, I would appreciate a heads up. Thanks again for all the advice!!

Angela
    August 24, 2016 at 10:50 am

Why doesn’t it work on my mum she’s had it done 3 times and it never last more than a week!!

Catherine
    August 30, 2016 at 7:26 am

Are you supposed to tip on this service?

asandstrom
    September 5, 2016 at 3:30 pm

As requested, here’s an update. I had my brows microbladed on May 13, and the touchup on June 22. It’s now September 5. The color has faded a bit from the darker color she used at the touchup session, which now looks great. There are still hair strokes visible, but some have softened and blended into the 3D color, which is a bit like a soft filled in pencil look. I do sometimes ‘sharpen’ the edges of the color a bit with a light Anastasia felt tip pencil (the lighter of the 2 available colors. The very top edge of the right brow hasn’t held the color as well since the initial session.) I continue to be very pleased with the results and even get compliments on how great my brows look, even from those who don’t know! My whole face looks more balanced and some of what I considered problem areas of my face aren’t noticeable to me any more. Overall, the effect is like a facelift without the cost or risk.

Kellyn
    September 9, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Do you recommend anyone in the Louisville area for micro blading?

Holly andre
      September 10, 2016 at 2:59 pm

I’m looking for someone reputable in Louisville also!

Holly
        October 12, 2016 at 4:23 am

I am living in louisville, KY and I do Microblading if you really want to get your Brows done, you can come to see me i will show you my Eyebrows works, and you can decide. my email:[email protected]
        DSpa&Nails
        9002 Taylorsville Rd
        Louisville, KY 40299

Holly
      October 12, 2016 at 4:34 am

I do Microblading in louisville, KY area
      I work at DSpa&Nails
      9002 Taylorsville Rd
      Louisville, KY 40299
      if you interested to see me i will show you my Eyebrows works.
      email:[email protected]

Lisa Dobson
    September 12, 2016 at 2:15 am

I had always troubles with my eyebrow they are incomplete and irregular. A friend told me about microblaing and after a while I decided to do it. The pain is absolutly bearable, I would say it depends on your sensitivity. I am really happy that I did it. Thanks to Stylish Brows in Miami the result is amzing!

Angela
    September 16, 2016 at 2:59 pm

Some of my friends got theirs done and no it didn’t hurt they said. I`m planning on getting my done before my wedding in 2 months. I`ll be going to http://dfwmicroblading.com in dallas.

Lena
    September 19, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Hi, which Nivea product did you switch to instead of vaseline for the healing process?

Tracy
    September 20, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Help! I got my eyebrows microbladed yesterday and the results are twice as thick as she drew them and I asked for them. The shape is entirely too thick, they come in too close, and there is no arch. It completely throws off my entire face and make me look angry, not to mention they are not brown but more purple and my natural eyebrow doesn’t come close to blending. Is there anything I can do to pull the color out?

Yasmeen
      September 21, 2016 at 11:17 am

Is this your first session? My brows were darker, but did lighten up once they healed.

Mary Jane
      October 2, 2016 at 2:15 am

What did you do to fix it? I got my eyebrows microbladed today by someone else and I hate them! So dark and crazy looking. Any suggestions on a professional or things to do to fix them? I wish I had never got them done.

alyssa
    September 27, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Looking for someone in the Houston area. Can anyone help?

Mary Jane
    October 2, 2016 at 2:19 am

I got my eyebrows microbladed today I hate them! So dark and crazy looking. Any suggestions on a professional or things to do to fix them? I wish I had never got them done.

Yasmeen
      October 2, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Mine were really dark right after, but they lightened up after they healed. Give it a week.

Jessica Egan
      October 17, 2016 at 1:15 pm

how do they look now? my faded a lot since i got them done 9 days ago. i love them. i wont really know the full result til they are healed which is a full 4 wks. hope u like yours now that they’ve had time to heal!

Sarah Bader
      November 4, 2016 at 7:58 am

How did they turn out. Mine are the same way. Nothing like the before and after pics I see online

Barb
    October 6, 2016 at 11:44 am

anyone in the fort wayne, indianapolis, Indiana areas? or Toledo or Columbus, Ohio area doing this procedure?

Beth Barton
      October 19, 2016 at 8:38 pm

http://Www.microcosmetic.com in Lafayette, In
      (765)460-2769. Check out my Facebook page: Microblade Eyebrows.

Sandy McCormick
      December 14, 2016 at 11:31 am

My name is Sandy and I will be offering microblading in January 2017. I work at Skin Laser & Day Spa 7300 Secor Rd Suite 9, Lambertville, MI just minutes from Toledo. Call now to book your appointment, January is filling up fast
      (734)856-3723

Lori
    October 18, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I am getting microblading done next month and was wondering if I should tip and how much if so? The cost is $700.00

Twila
    October 21, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Just had my brows done 6 days ago. They are peeling and patchy now. There is no color where the patches are. i have been told the color will come back. How is that possible when none shows up? It looks like i could pick a point and literally lift the entire brow off my face. i had no brow hairs at all to begin with and was so hopeful with this. Really discouraged. Those of you who have posted about having patches appear–have you had the color come back? It looks like i have some sort of “disease” in my brows–and one is much worse than the other.

Kristen
    October 22, 2016 at 2:59 pm

I’m licensed and in Ohio. Do you know where your sister trained? Where can I go to get trained? I would love to add this to my list of services!! Thank you!

Tina B.
    October 25, 2016 at 6:20 pm

My friends got theirs done with both positive and negative reviews with regards to the price, process and overall results of Microblading, choosing a Microblading specialist is essential indeed. Calling your artist and asking for consultations (mostly for free) is what my friends highly suggest to anyone who wants to get their eyebrows done.

I can’t recommend a good artist, but this site https://www.microbladingeyebrowsnearme.com might a useful tool find Microblading near you.

tag heuer tiger woods watch
    November 3, 2016 at 2:20 am

tag heuer tiger woods watch

I am completely in love with my Kitchenaid ice cream attachment. I have three pints of ice cream in my freezer right now and I’m having difficulty restraining myself from making another kind. With only myself and my boyfriend in the house, it doesn’t d…

Sarah Bader
    November 4, 2016 at 7:52 am

I just had mine done yesterday and I have to say they are soo thick and big. I don’t know if I’m just not used to hacing them like that or if she botched them. I look like an Amazon woman..ugghh

Lisa Simon
    November 6, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Where can you get them done in Louisville Ky?

Priscila Godina
    November 7, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Do you really have to go once of year to re-tint them? What happens if you don’t?

Ellebee
    November 7, 2016 at 4:04 pm

I had my touch up done 5 days ago, one of my brows seems to be healing a lot better than the first time and is just flaking slightly, however the other one is doing what both of my brows did after the first time, where there are like patches that are lifting away from the skin and leave white patches when they fall off. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas why it’s only happening on one of my eyebrows this time?

Sarah Bader
      November 7, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Mine is doing the same thing. I had it done back on Thursday and I have patches that are falling off and it looks white underneath. I’m hoping they turnout the way she showed me but man I’m worried..

Sarah Bader
      November 7, 2016 at 4:08 pm

I wish I could take a pic of mine to see if thats normal?!

wedding venues
    November 29, 2016 at 3:11 am

wedding venues

wedding venues! http://www.wedding0venues.tk

Nicole
    December 2, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Anyone have recommendation for Austin, TX area? Thanks

Deborah
    December 5, 2016 at 4:53 pm

OK…I had my brows tattooed 15 years ago. By now they’ve faded.
    No issue, No pain…
    I had them microbladed on Sat…OMG, it hurt like the dickings.
    I have a high pain threshold, but this was crazy. Fifteen minutes in, I
    wanted to quit, but couldn’t, the process was over 4 hours & I still have the

Regina Bennett (Gina)
    December 14, 2016 at 11:55 am

I just got my brows done on 12/10/16 and go back for my follow up the end of January. I am really spacing out because on one of my brows she went a little higher over my brow bone. It’s so noticeable on pictures. Right now I’m only about 5 days in and I’m going crazy. I sent my esthetician a pic and asked could it be fixed and she said yes at my follow up. I’m sure praying it can be as I don’t want them to look thicker and as natural as possible. I’m so freaking out. I’m not happy about getting this done now. I’m freaking out and keep telling myself, make up can fix it if she can’t! I did do my research and she is far the best I’ve seen where I live in WA state. I’m crying why me… Any one with similar circumstances?

Kathy
      December 26, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Where city in Washington did you get yours done at? I’m getting mine done in March in University Place

Ellie S.
    December 16, 2016 at 9:18 am

Had my eyebrows microbladed yesterday. The procedure didn’t hurt at all. After the numbing wore off they have hurst so bad. I have been up all night in pain. Has anyone else had this problem?

bella
    December 21, 2016 at 3:12 am

I want the world to know a great man ,that is well know as Dr lazizi.he has the perfect solution to relationship issuse and marriage problems.the main reason why i went to Dr lazizi, was for solution on how i can get my husband back because in recent times,i have read some testimonies on the internet which some people has written about lazizilovespell. and i was so pleased and i decide to seek for assistance from him on his email.(lazizilovespell @gmail.com)which he did a perfect job by casting a spell on my husband which made him to come back to me and beg,for forgiveness. I will not stop publishing his name on the net because of the good work he is doing.i will drop his contact for the usefulness of those that needs his help. Contact his via email [email protected]

Lisa
    December 21, 2016 at 11:46 am

Hi Cara, i was wondering if you knew anything about how eyebrows look AFTER the pigments have faded? is there any scarring or pigmentation that stays? I’m thinking of getting it done, but im just worried ill have to keep doing this forever because it scars the eyebrows from getting it done. thank you!

LM
    December 22, 2016 at 7:24 am

What is the opinion on use of petroleum after initial microblade procedure? I was giving a petroleum to put on brows, but I read that you should not on various websites. Aftercare instructions vary so much on the net! Wash, don’t wash. No vaseline, use vaseline Any help?

kazmirstudio
      December 30, 2016 at 9:02 pm

Hi LM! This might be a bit late for you. I don’t rec dry healing or using a petroleum based product because it suffocates the brow. During microblading you have small slits carved into your brow, so the after care approach should be along the lines of what you do for any basic wound care. I provide my clients with a travel size bottle of cetaphil to gently cleanse the brows 1-2x/day, and I provide an after care ointment called “After Inked”. You can also just use regular grape seed oil for your aftercare product. A very thin amount of aftercare ointment/oil should be applied after you’ve cleansed and dried the brow area. I provide details after care instructions on my website (kazmirstudio dot com).

Maggie
    December 22, 2016 at 8:02 am

I just had mine done on Friday and the woman did a terrible job. I’m so upset. I look like a clown. Do you happen to know a way that I can reduce the tattoo part? I got off as much as I could with warm water and salt yesterday. I’m on day 6 of healing. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Sarah Bader
      December 22, 2016 at 11:40 am

Well I had the same issue about 9 wks ago when I had them done. I did everything to fade them quicker but nothing seemed to help. She even did a chemical peel and a microderm abrasion on them about 8days after . It only caused more issues. Now I have to put concealer on some parts and draw in other parts. Definitely not worth it. Give them time to heal and then keep doing the salt scrub on them and they will fade quicker. Sorry 🙁

Chris
    December 23, 2016 at 7:35 am

Any good place in New York City?

Jess
    December 23, 2016 at 10:54 am

Does microblading leave scars and result in hair loss?

Microblading Eyebrows Near Me
      January 7, 2017 at 1:58 am

No, it won’t leave scars or result to brow hair loss, the word Microblading might sound scary, but it isn’t at all. The procedure involves only on scratching your brow area using a pen-like tool that contains tiny blades and deposits pigments that simulate your brow hair.

Tridip das
    December 30, 2016 at 4:26 am

Nice article for all girls to make their stylish eyebrow… And over this website is good designed and almost all kinds of beauty tips are available….

Crissy
    January 4, 2017 at 8:04 am

Does anyone know anywhere in Knoxville TN that does microblading?

Deborah Lynn
      February 17, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Kim Richards of Beauty Redifinded Medical spa..Oak Ridge, Tn…She did mine 3 weeks ago and I am so pleased…

Crissy
        March 1, 2017 at 11:43 am

I’m day 6 of healing process. Did you have to make a follow up appointment?

Lea Kay Yaest
    January 7, 2017 at 8:46 am

I do botox every 3 months and considering plastic surgery for my eyes and possible brow lift. At 60/yrs, one eye is drooping more that the other and why I am doing botox. Should I want to have my brows done until I determine if plastic surgery is for me?

Lea Kay Yaest
    January 7, 2017 at 8:48 am

oops… should I “wait” to do my brows? Thanks!

Valary
    January 9, 2017 at 11:14 am

Got mine done on dec 21 2016 and I’m still in my healing process and mine are patchy and completely lifting off 🙁 I’ll keep you all posted if the ink colouring comes back like it’s supposed to!

casquette ymcmb pas cher
    January 9, 2017 at 3:49 pm

casquette ymcmb pas cher

Merci pour cet article

bracelet love cartier replique
    January 17, 2017 at 2:40 pm

bracelet love cartier replique

cartierlovejesduas soy nuevo en esto, es posible y rapido usar los marcadores sociales y los Feeds?

Anna Wright
    January 17, 2017 at 11:33 pm

It’s always better if you can incorporate natural items into your beauty regime than using artificial ingredients. Thank you for sharing the Truth About Microblading or Hair Stroke Brows.

monica medina
    January 19, 2017 at 12:17 am

sooooo… i have a bald spot on my right eyebrow, please tell me they will recover and how long coz i am freaking out . and will they fix it when i do my touch up after 4 to6 weeks? please tell me

Misty Vasquez - AZ Lush Brows
      February 7, 2017 at 4:50 pm

I do microblading as well, and yes your technician will correct that at follow up. don’t worry! and I tell my clients you can apply makeup over the brows after 7 days to fill in any gaps But as your own tech! 😉

Irina Chen
    January 20, 2017 at 2:36 am

3 DAY BASIC MICROBLADING TRAINING-What do you get when you combine a lifetime of artistic talent, over a decade of hands on experience, and an unwavering dedication to doing passionate work? You get Irina Chen —founder of World Microblading and one of the most recognized Microblading artists in the world.
    to know more visit https://worldmicroblading.com/3-day-basic-training/

Irina Chen
    January 20, 2017 at 2:37 am

The perfect eyebrows. Microblading, 3D-6D hair strokes, cosmetic tattooing, pigment embroidery, microstroking , hair strokes, stroking, permanent make up. to know more vist https://worldmicroblading.com/

Stephanie
    January 27, 2017 at 2:43 am

Can you keloid from microblading? What are the risk factors?

Brittney Yenttirb
    February 6, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Hello, I’m on day 4 and my brows are very patchy, it looks horrendous. I’m supposed to leave on vacation Friday. Will it be better then?

Kate
    February 7, 2017 at 8:19 am

If you have no hairs in your eyebrow will this still work?

replique chanel sac 2.55 noir
    February 8, 2017 at 3:34 am

replique chanel sac 2.55 noir

“Muslims, moreover, do not form a monolith.” That I think needs to be said. Attributing Persian works and achievements to ‘Muslims’ is like attributing the Scientific Revolution to ‘Christians’. Arabian Nights was actually mostly a collection of storie…

My Homepage
    February 11, 2017 at 2:53 am

… [Trackback]

[…] Read More here: maskcara.com/2016/04/13/the-truth-about-microbladinghair-stroke-brows/ […]

Kat
    February 21, 2017 at 10:46 am

Sounds like a lot of you went to cheap or bad places. I did my research for over a year and found a girl who was pricey, but experienced, well trained and had been doing it for a couple years. I know a lot of people who found “deals” for $150-200.. don’t go to those places! Its your eyebrows! you get what you pay for. My experience was fantastic…She numbed me for 30 minutes, and I couldn’t even tell when she started. After the initial pass through, she numbed me again. Then did the 2nd pass through, numbed me again then did the final pass through. I would describe the pain as 1/10- like light scratches. When she applied the numbing cream, it stung a little, but again totally bearable. Vaseline and all the other oils strip the color away- if your artist recommends that, then run! They should give you a special ointment meant for healing your brows. Mine went through the flaking process. I am on day 14 now and I can see the strokes coming back. There was a moment once they fully peeled that I could only barely see the lines, but they are getting darker each day.Still, my brows are darker and fuller than before and I am so happy. Can’t wait for my follow up. If you are in SLC, check out Enhance Artistry! She is amazing!

Rachel
    March 5, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Honestly, I have trouble believing a tattoo can be 100% temporary, even if it doesn’t go that deep. I have been scouring the internet and cannot find ANY proof of this. There are no photos of girls who have had them for 1-3 years without touch ups. I’m sure if a girl kept doing this every year there would always be a little color left. Since they are so thick if the style changes any it would look odd if this is the case. I would NEVER do something that drastic because a blog says “Mine are a month in but they are temporary, trust me” or even a salon for that matter when the trend is so new there probably aren’t any girls who have had them over 3 years.

Pat
    March 9, 2017 at 8:21 pm

I had my eyebrows done two days ago me I haven’t left the house. They look very dark and not natural at all. I’m praying for a good final result because right now I just want to hide. And it hurt really bad in my opinion.

freya mia
    March 15, 2017 at 2:15 am

This information will greatly help the stroke patients, I suffered a massive ischemic stroke, I was forced to give up work after having a stroke, but the medication I used proved there is life after stroke and decide to share my testimony. It is a misconception that strokes can not be cured or reversed as stated by professionals. I am living proof that improvement and cure is certain with Herbal Medicine, death from stroke can be defeated. When I had the stroke, I felt trapped inside my body. I knew that everything that was ‘me’ was still there, but I couldn’t communicate. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through. With the Herbal Medicine, and his recommended healthy diet, I consider myself regaining as much as 99.9% back to my old normal and satisfied. It is in short, an answer to prayer. I’d recommend any stroke patient to contact Dr. Allen for advice and more information with email:[email protected]

Heidi
    April 5, 2017 at 8:12 pm

hi, i got my eyebrows microbladed last week, i noticed a huge flake of skin hanging above my brow so i carefully grabbed it and it took off some of the micro brow lines at the front of my brow ( wheres i have a little hair here) and now looks faded and patchy, i have a touch up appointment at the end of the month do u think she can fix it and make it look like how she did it the first time? maybe also a little darker ???

Marianne Grieve
    April 7, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Microblading done last week. I looked in the mirror when she was done and was horrified. I looked like Bozo had drawn on brows with a Sharpie! I didn’t say anything. No fine lines, just a black uneven smear! I hid for days. By day 5 I was able to pick off the thick chunks of dye and if I look really close I can see very tiny tiny thin lines. Very close together and a crappy shape. I’ve had my hand on my cell phone since having this done wanting to call the ‘artist’ and complain. I took tons of pics. I’ll just wait until my follow up appt to discuss what may have gone wrong. She took before and after photos as well and proclaimed “your brows are now beautiful!”…..hmmm

Marianne Grieve
      April 7, 2017 at 3:08 pm

aly
    April 12, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Hi there – I just got mine done 3 days ago and it seems like the work is all lifting off. It has gradually done this. I have been following the aftercare instructions very closely. Do you know what’s going on?

Kait
    April 27, 2017 at 1:39 pm

My technician went over all of this with me. I’m surprised so many people on here have so many questions about it. During the healing process, your “brows” will flake (They should not scab! That is why you are using ointment for aftercare an not picking at them!). As they are flaking, yes, the pigment will flake off with it and your “brows” will seem to fade. However, as they fully heal, the pigment under the skin does come up closer to the surface, making them reappear again. This is exactly what my tech told me would happen and it’s exactly what did. I’m fully healed and about 7 months out and haven’t had any issues besides minor fading. I will probably get a touch up in about a month.

Nakia L Beaman
    April 30, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Mine peeled multiple times and are completely different shapes and one is higher.. i totally haye them!! Wish id never done it and i read i might be stuck w them for awhile… anyway to get them off?

hermes clic h bracelet or rose Knockoff
    May 3, 2017 at 11:02 pm

hermes clic h bracelet or rose Knockoff

hey there and thank you for your info – I’ve certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this web site, since I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to…

Terrie
    May 9, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Hello ladies ~ has anyone had microblading done in the Dayton/Cincinnati OHIO area? If so, please give me your recommendations.

asandstrom
    May 12, 2017 at 9:21 am

Just thought I’d update after 1 year. Had my brows microbladed using the hair stroke method last year. It took a long time (6 weeks) after the touchup for the color to reappear. They’ve faded a bit over time; the right brow more than the left. I just had my one year touch up. We went with the shading (aka “block”) technique this time, which is often recommended for more mature (ahem) skin. I love the shape. The color is a bit dark, but I know it will fade as they heal. For anyone in the Boston area, I went to Jackie at Prettyology – I love her!

Susan
    May 16, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Interesting new trend for Microblading. I found Sugar and Blade, a good review about Microblading in Bay Area.
    https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/153259888527011/sugar-and-blade/. i’ll check it out.