Before & Afters HAC Makeup

makeover Monday Mint Arrow

I met Corinne a few years ago at the Pinners Conference and instantly fell in love with her. She is so sweet and genuine. She has always been someone I really look up to and her blog is a must follow! She finds all the best deals and sales on things you’ve always wanted but never wanted to pay full price for. Corinne is so dedicated and SUCH a hard worker the girl can hustle!

Really no good sale goes un-posted! Her site is & her handle is mintarrow on all social media:)

On to her makeover! She is also beautiful and OH MY WORLD her skin is perfection!

What I used:

For her foundation, lips and blush I used IIID in wheat (highlight) + Aura(to brighten under the eyes) + Stone (contour) + baby watermelon (blush and lips IT IS A PERFECT PINK!)

I filled her brows with the thin brow pencils from Colour Pop (they are so affordable -$5-and come in a wide variety of colors!) in Blackn’brown

I brushed some warm tan shadow on her lids ( Pup coming soon!) and deepened the crease with a dark brown (trust coming soon!)  then I lined right at the lashes with Kat Von D Tattoo liner (its awesome because it doesn’t flake, it’s easy to use, it’s pure black and one tube lasts FOREVER! buying cheap liquid liner can end up costing you more in the long run if it dries up quickly)

She has lash extensions so we skipped the mascara:)

Finally I lined her lips with Sebastian (what else in new!? haha) and filled it will Baby Watermelon.

Hope you love it and I hope you had a fun weekend!

PS Corinne miiiiiiight have a coupon code for maskcara beauty on her site today;)

Brynn at The Domestic Dietitian
    April 4, 2016 at 9:45 am

Great makeover (as always). I follow Mint Arrow so it was funny to see her on your sight today. You both seem a lot alike….genuine, caring and honest.

Do you ever use a makeup primer? On someone that doesn’t have great skin maybe?

Heather Van Tassell
    April 4, 2016 at 10:17 am

I just received a HAC pack as a gift. I think a few of the colors are off! Can I exchange if I have already tried it? Also, I feel super dewy. Do you use any powder or anything after the HAC? Your models never look as shiny as I do. I feel very wet and like I don’t have much coverage. What am I doing wrong!?

April 4, 2016 at 11:23 am

For someone with lighter hair than Corrine would you recommend a different color brow pencil? Mine is between light brown and dirty blonde. Love you both, this was such a fun Monday Makeover!

April 4, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Yes…sometimes! haha It kind of depends I think people can have light hair and still have darker brows but I might say go with Dope Taupe for a more balanced brow on a dirty blonde like you!

April 4, 2016 at 11:48 am

Can you PLEASE stop using ONLY your own cosmetics??????!?!!!!!?)? I’m about to move to England and I used to love all the variations of brands you used. Now it’s basically just your own, and I’m SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 4, 2016 at 2:53 pm

I’m so sorry you are frustrated! I totally understand. I know that my use of the same products over and over again could be frustrating to some. I have always found products I loved and stuck to them until I find something better rather than use a bunch of different products to create essentially the same look. I don’t want to make people feel like they have to buy a whole new set of products for each look, I’d rather show them how many looks you really can get out of the same products. I have done that with my products but I’ve also done it with many other products that I have no other relationship with aside from just loving it. There are so many bloggers out there who use totally different products with each look and there is a lot of different benefits to that as well it’s just not the way I prefer to do things. If you ever have a specific need or recommendation though I am more than happy to help as best I can!

April 8, 2016 at 11:09 am

I’m hoping you’re just frustrated because you’re moving overseas and won’t be able to get Cara’s cosmetics? Otherwise…she’s a businesswoman! Would you expect Smashbox or MAC or Urban Decay to do tutorials with cosmetics not from their brand? Of course not! For those of us who use this makeup, it’s really helpful to see how the creator uses them, especially as new shades come out.

April 4, 2016 at 2:14 pm

I love Mint Arrow, how fun! And holy foxy lady, Batman. I actually think Corinne and Cara could be sisters, especially in her After!

April 4, 2016 at 7:57 pm

What a sweet compliment she is so beautiful! Thank you!!

April 4, 2016 at 3:19 pm

I love Corrine! She is so amazing and seems to be beautiful both inside and out! 🙂 And yay for the discount! I love your products! 🙂

Simply Rachel Nicole

April 4, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Cara, I’ve loved following you for a few years now. But I’m not going to lie, it seems like every makeover lately has been a variation on the same theme of using your HAC pack, enhancing the lashes, and coloring in the lips. I’d love it if you brought back the style of doing makeovers taking inspo from celebrities or something like that. I am sure you are crazy busy running a business and being a momma, but it’d be fun to see you switch it up!

April 4, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Oh man! I totally understand and agree that I get into ruts! I do try to use a wide variety of women of different ages, skin types, coloring and face shapes but I don’t mix it up enough on the makeup! I did a few looks last weekend though that I think you’ll love! I went out of my comfort zone so I hope it goes over well! haha Thanks a lot for letting me know, you’re awesome!

April 4, 2016 at 7:39 pm

it appears that the after picture has has a soft focus filter applied.
    Her hair color is much lighter.

April 5, 2016 at 2:50 pm

I think her hair is just wet in the first pic? It looks like it.

April 7, 2016 at 10:59 pm

Or her hair is just greasy in the before and they washed it for the after. I have dark hair too and people are always asking me if I dyed it but I never have! The color just depends on if I washed it or not. Ha!

Dress Yourself Happy (@sereinwu)
    April 4, 2016 at 11:21 pm

Such a beautiful makeup over!

Velvet Scotland
    April 5, 2016 at 2:41 am

I don’t know what it is but I actually prefer her before look. Maybe it’s just, that she looks so natural and pretty in it. The funny thing is that I’m usually the girl loving pin-up looks that are mostly on the more made up side. But that made up look is somehow a little too much on her and takes something away from her face.

April 5, 2016 at 10:01 am

What a great makeover! Wanting your IIID-foundation so bad! Such a pity that I live in Finland so I am no where near to get my hands on it… Must travel, I think 😉

April 6, 2016 at 10:34 pm

So I’m chuckling as I read comments where people want to see different things because I’m realizing you really can’t please everybody because for me personally I LOVE seeing you use the HAC pack. I own it and love it and love to see it used on so many different types of people. I guess I feel like “if it’s not broke don’t fix it” the makeovers you do are gorgeous!! I feel like personally you’ve taught me so much about doing my own makeup and it has brought out so much confidence that I never had before! I needed you in my teen years! 🙂

April 7, 2016 at 6:31 am

I’m absolutely with Kate! I love what you are doing, love it! I’ve never been more in love with any makeup ever, nor have I felt so confident or naturally beautiful. HAC looks incredible on every single woman I’ve put it on 14-50+ and I am not a makeup artist! Just a believer! So please DON’T stop. And thank you for being geuine, kind, and humble.

April 9, 2016 at 5:50 pm

She looks so pretty — in the before AND after shots! I love that watermelon lipstick. I’m off to check out her blog. This is my first time commenting here and just wanted to say I love all the tips on your site. <3

April 11, 2016 at 12:03 pm

such beautiful hair and make up! i am in awe! i have been going through all of my MK bags to try and recreate this! I wont post a pic because i am not as talented yet. i read this great book and it has inspired me to keep trying until i achieve what i want! so i’ll get there! thanks for the post.