Before & Afters HAC Makeup

Makeover Monday on a MONDAY! So proud.

Anna lives right down the street from me. She is so beautiful I couldn’t stop myself from asking her if she’d let me have a go at her makeup. She’s not used to wearing a whole bunch of it so I wanted to keep it very simple and soft. Her young daughters came to watch and their commentary was hilarious! They loved it, Anna loved it too I think also it always takes a little getting used to at first:)

What I used:

Maskcara Foundation in Aura highlight + Ash contour + Petal blush (not released yet!) + honey
I used Petal on her cheeks and lips because it’s a very pale (almost lavender) pink, because of her skin tone everything goes very warm on her which I often just go with and do something warm and golden, it’s kind of the easiest most obvious choice. In this case though I really wanted to do a little bit of a contrast and use the cooler tones to brighten her complexion.

Lined her lips with my fav sebastian pencil

Surprisingly I used UD Brow Beater in dark brown on her brows. I often see red heads going with more warm orangy tones on their brows but I have found that it can go too warm and looks unnatural and distracting. I tend to use dark colors on their brows that aren’t the slightest bit warm and their skin tone warms and lightens it right up!

I used a soft creamy shimmer (Girly from Colourpop) on her lids and a gorgeous set of Esqido lashes in Oh So Sweet the lashes create a dark enough line so I didn’t really need any liner at all.

Hope you had a good week last week! Love you! OH and happy leap day!

February 29, 2016 at 6:27 am

Beautiful! I love when you do makeovers on redheads. My little neice is a red head with a ton of freckles and I love it!

February 29, 2016 at 7:27 am

Beautifully natural, Cara! Which, I might say, is one of the hardest looks to achieve!

February 29, 2016 at 8:56 am

So gorgeous! Can’t wait to see this new blush. I’m addicted to your blushes! The best cream blushes I’ve ever used.

February 29, 2016 at 11:22 am

Love this natural look and love seeing a fellow ginger featured <3
    I work at home and tend not to wear a lot of makeup during the work week, so this look is perfect for me as well 🙂

February 29, 2016 at 1:40 pm

She looks absolutely stunning! I love how her eyes pop! 🙂

Simply Rachel Nicole

inez diva
    February 29, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Beautiful makeover

March 1, 2016 at 12:24 am

I really love this!

March 1, 2016 at 7:00 pm

I love your makeovers! Big fan of the OCC Sebastian pencil because of you. I just tried the Fiona Stiles liner in Mullholand and I have to say it is a great dupe for our beloved taupe liner. The difference is major staying power. Have you tried it?

March 6, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Hi Cara,

I’m really interested in ordering your makeup. If I send you a picture of me could you help me out. Karmen

March 9, 2016 at 12:21 am

Hi Cara, when I apply the IIID products it looks like they are sinking into my pores and I look like I have a powdery makeup on rather than a smoother, more flawless look like in your pictures. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I am blending too much or maybe because I’m not using the right brush?

March 14, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Awe-some!!! I love that she looks so incredibly natural! Some of the makeovers I have to see side by side because the difference, though stunning, is so surprising!!! This is so fantastic for everyday. I work at school where I’m on the floor with the kids, on the playground with the kids, you name it. Some students have “behaviors” so I have to be flexible and ready at any moment and my make up can’t look TOO made up. THIS is a PERFECT look!!!! Without make up she is naturally SOOO beautiful!! With make up, it is just her-polished. LOVE IT!!! Again, you rocked another amazing make-over Monday!

May 25, 2016 at 8:42 pm

I just bought the fair/light HAC. I am a novice at contouring. I was worried as a redhead that it would not be light enough for me. Foundations are always too dark or worse, turn orange on me later on. I always seem to have to slather it on and it makes me look like an oompa loompa. I didn’t need to worry about your HAC though. It is perfect. My old foundation would melt off after 20 mins outside in the heat. I actually had a meeting to get to this afternoon and then decided to do yard work forgetting that I had your makeup on. It still looked great even after forty minutes under the hot sun while I was sweaty. I love how it looks so natural. My skin looked like it was glowing. I am sold on this product and I have even convinced my mother to try it. We had both given up hope to ever finding something that would match our skin tone. I cannot thank you enough for making this fantastic makeup. Being a natural red head and trying to match foundations to our pale skin is a nightmare. The struggle is real but not if you have this HAC!

May 29, 2016 at 11:51 am

Glad you did a hooded eye!