Before & Afters HAC Makeup

Makeover Sadie

Sadie is a blogger I’ve been friends with for a few years. She is so kind and genuine and has such a big heart! I love spending time with her because her positivity and excitement for life is 100% contagious! Sometimes spending time with people who are negative and gossipy can be kind of fun in the moment because they can be pretty funny and interesting but I always feel a little deflated afterward. When you spend time with positive genuine people that good feeling lingers. It’s good to remember for me because I’m so analytical and I love to talk about every thing but it’s just sooo easy to delve into the negative. It takes practice to try to stay positive and I don’t think it means you always have to be in denial or something, most the time it’s just about switching your the perspective.
On to the makeover!
I know that Sadie does photos a lot and gets her makeup done by the mega pros fairly often so I wanted to do something different she hadn’t ever tried before. So I went really smokey on her eyes (I swear the photo doesn’t look half as smoky as it really was!

Photos by Jessica Janae

What I used:

Brows: UD Brow Beater Pencil in Dark Brown. Creating hair strokes to define and darken those brows!
Eyes: Colour Pop in: Fringe (highlight) 3 (all over) & Fairfax (in the crease and at the lashes) + UD Black liner  + YSL Shocking Mascara
Lips: NYX Pencil in Taupe to line & NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee
Face: IIID Foundation in amber (highlight) + stone (contour) + desert sunset (blush) + honey (illuminator)

P.S. Are my Makeover Mondays ever even on a Monday anymore!? 🙈 (the shame!)

February 16, 2016 at 12:59 pm

So so so gorgeous!!! Your desert sunset blush is incredible. So perfect in every way. It just blends right into my skin!

February 16, 2016 at 1:01 pm

She gets made up by the pros and has her photo made a lot, so she MUST be in “the biz” somehow, right? Cause if she isn’t, she should be! Oh my goodness, she’s gorgeous!

February 16, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Cara!

February 16, 2016 at 1:08 pm

My favorite makeover to date!

February 16, 2016 at 1:30 pm

I’ve been following you and Sadie for a long time…so it’s fun that you guys got together!! Love the look you created on her!

February 16, 2016 at 1:40 pm

I love your make overs and the way you really see the beauty in people. I love checking on a Monday to see the new post go up. I don’t mind waiting for a Tuesday. It would be great to see some 50plus make overs. My mum loved the make up you did for your mum and went out and bought all the make up because it is so rare to see this type of thing. Please keep doing more we love them ❤️❤️❤️

Diana in LAS
      February 26, 2016 at 7:44 pm

And I TOTALLY volunteer to be one of your over 50 models!! I <3 my Maskcara Cosmetics.

February 16, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Hello Cara

Love your make overs and can’t wait for a Monday to see the latest one! I don’t even mind waiting till Tuesday You really see the beauty in people that really comes across its about them. Please can you do more 50 plus make overs? My mum loved the make over you did of your mum and went out and bought all the product. It is so rare to see but just showing women of all ages is really inspiring. Love your blog ❤️

February 16, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Goodness, that is one gorgeous girl! Cara, you really know how to take someone from pretty to jaw-dropping!

February 16, 2016 at 1:58 pm

When you click on the lip liner, an eyeliner pops up 🙁

February 16, 2016 at 7:16 pm

The NYX taupe is technically an eyeliner, but Cara uses it often as a lip liner. It been my go-to lip liner for a long time now!

February 16, 2016 at 2:13 pm

This is one of my favorite makeovers you have done! Also you are the QUEEN of nose contouring!!!!

February 16, 2016 at 3:03 pm

She is absolutely gorgeous without makeup, but you totally enhanced her natural beauty! I LOVE it!!! You are so talented Cara! I’d love to know how to be one of your makeover candidates? That would be amazing! 🙂

Simply Rachel Nicole

Susan Iseman
    February 16, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Amazing! I wish you could do my makeup- I have to get a pro photo done for my new job/website/ads etc, and would love this! I live in Westport CT- any ideas?

Peggy Z
    February 16, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Absolutely stunning, Cara! Love those eyes!

February 16, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Beautiful!!!! And I love her boots!

Megan Wick
    February 16, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Beautiful, Cara! I just want to say I am so thankful for your blog and your followers. It is so inspiring to see a community of women that are so supportive. Thank you for creating such a beautiful, creative and supportive place! <3

February 16, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Cara, you are magical with a makeup brush! Sadie is so gorgeous, yet you enhanced her beauty without covering it up.

February 16, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Oh my goodness, absolutely stunning!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Dani Fagan
    February 17, 2016 at 12:03 am

Gorgeous, I love the eyes, and the hair! She was stunning beforehand but like you said you made her look strikingly different yet not totally made up too. Ive always wanted that exact eye makeup, but my eyes are quite hooded and poofy too, they stick out quite a bit so its really hard to make them receed without being panda style, and go high up enough with the smoke so its visible with my eyes open not just shut!!! Is there any way you can do one of those masterclass thingies again when we have the opportunity to send in a pic and you help us with how to apply for a certian look? I know I cant probably achieve something as perfect as this, but it would help so much if I knew at least what I was doing wrong or where best to apply or not apply! Thank you xx PS IIID in Europe? Pweedy pweeeeeeeees xx

Mary Kate
    February 17, 2016 at 5:51 am

Holy stunning! You did an incredible job- she looks amazing!

Mary Kate

Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven!
    February 17, 2016 at 8:01 am

HOLY TRANSFORMATION! Talk about the best of both worlds. She looks amazing in both images – I love the natural look on her but the fancy, made over is amazing for a night out or event!!! Well done!

Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven!
    February 17, 2016 at 8:04 am

P.S. I would LOVE to see you do a make over with Sadie again – and play up her natural beauty! (Seeing more of her freckles but maybe giving a bit more drama to her eyes etc). This make-over is so cool. I am sitting here floored. 🙂

I’m a girl with freckles and I love to let them shine through but I don’t always get the coverage I need otherwise or it looks patchy (freckles, uneven skin tone and dark circles… you see my issues) 🙂 I’d love some hints on how to combat all of that successfully. I always love your work! Keep it up! ox

February 18, 2016 at 12:14 pm

I would like this too! I thought her face was really pretty with her freckles showing. I love my freckles but I need some coverage for dark circles. Can’t seem to find a concealer that doesn’t age me 10 years.

February 20, 2016 at 9:23 am

I agree, she looks like 100 other bloggers on youtbe now, with the so-popular ashy highlights. And her blog has lots of sponsored posts. I’m not impressed. It looks too much like she’s trying to be one of the Real Housewives of Somewhere — over made-up, over-styled Mommy blogger. It would be so nice if bloggers stopped pushing the overconsumption of makeup and looked at real world concerns. You want our refuse dumps filled with all the packaging and old makeup which are the results of bloggers always insisting the newest is the best? No thanks.

Kiss & Make-up
    February 17, 2016 at 8:08 am

Wow, total 360, beautiful!

Mocha And Moccasins
    February 17, 2016 at 8:15 am

Wow!! Sadie is stunning both before and after! I love the lip colors you’ve given her.

Monica – Mocha and Moccasins

Zoe Louttit
    February 17, 2016 at 8:36 am

Oh my goodness, she is stunning! And your makeup skills are perfect!

February 17, 2016 at 11:39 am

Whoa!! I am loving this makeover! She is gorgeous. I especially love how you did her eyebrows and eyes. And her skin is positively glowing. Gorgeous work, Cara!

February 17, 2016 at 11:43 am

Any tips for using a dark color like fairfax to create a smoky eye? In the pictures here, it looks so subtle. However, I think if I were to try this, I would easily end up in raccoon or battered housewife territory! How do you control the color when applying it?

February 17, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Oh WOW! This is probably my favorite makeover you’ve done. Beautiful job!

February 20, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Wow. These makeovers are really something! I always wonder how I would look after your makeup magic. When I do my makeup I always look just the same.

February 21, 2016 at 6:54 pm

A truly beautiful woman. Lucky her! I hope she doesn’t feel the need to hide behind makeup in real life.

February 23, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Beautiful makeover! I love the glossy lips!

February 25, 2016 at 4:27 am

Nice post!

Marylynn Alana
    February 26, 2016 at 7:00 am

What a transformation! Great stuff 🙂

lourie johnathan
    February 29, 2016 at 3:43 am

Wow crazy contrasts between them!

March 2, 2016 at 7:05 am

please please please do a video of this makeover with detail! This is by far my favorite before/after by you

March 4, 2016 at 9:03 am

I LOVE how my exploratory search has come full circle after reading about you in the section of the July 2015 edition that I was recently rereading (a good country girl never actually throws away her bhg mag 😉 I follow Sadie on instagram and adore her! OF COURSE you girls would know each other! haha! It’s Kismet. 🙂
    You are both super inspirational for me at this juncture in my life (similar pasts, similar feelings of insecurity with the future, similar love of fashion and beauty = PASSION and how does One learn to channel this successfully…) I am a much smaller, country girl version, with Big Ideas! I would really appreciate any words of advice! Check me out on Instagram @Dreaminoutloudd <3