Before & Afters HAC Makeup

Makeover – Brooke

Let me introduce you to a very beautiful woman named Brooke. She always felt like she had no idea what to do when it comes to makeup. She was so nervous for the makeover because she just feels so overwhelmed by all of it. I totally understand why women would feel that way. We’ve been inundated with different (and often contradicting) ‘Beauty rules’ and “secrets’ all our lives! I think if you make something seem complicated people will think they need your product or you magazine or your advice to do it right and while advice is helpful I think the delivery and the attitude can be really damaging.
I can’t tell you how many women tell me they feel exactly how Brooke felt.
It really is simple. You already have a beautiful face! You’re 99.9% of the way there with just what God gave you! All makeup does is bring it out and show it off a bit. Like a frame or a spotlight.
As Nick proved with his first stab at makeup, even if you’ve never touched the stuff at any age you’re still not too behind! I hope some of you that can attest to that will chime in in the comments because I’ve had so so many sweet emails telling me they thought they were beyond hope in the beauty arena until watching ONE tutorial!
One tutorial folks!
With Brooke I focused on easy everyday techniques that make a big impact, bring out her gorgeous features (Um look at those lips!) and for heaven sakes don’t cover up those beautiful freckles!

What I did:
IIID Foundation in sunlit + stone + pink grapefruit + honey
The contouring brought out her cheeks in a MAJOR way and really sculpted out her jawline beautifully. The sunlit is magic when it comes to freckles because it manages to even out the skin without covering them all up.
A lot of women with redness avoid blush but I think that a soft pink can soften it instead of cut it out so your coloring isn’t radically different.
I chose the Honey because I thought it would be GORGEOUS to bring out her eyes!

Speaking of eyes for those gorgeous browns I used a really warm orangy shadow as a base around the whole eye then with a cone shaped smaller brush added some intensity with a dark brown right at the lash line on top and bottom.
For her brows I used Urban Decay Brow pencil in Dark just to fill in the sparse areas and give some added definition.

For her lips I lined them first with OCC Sebastian Lip Pencil and blended it, then I just put a dab of pink grapefruit in the center to brighten them up a touch and a little touch of clear gloss.

Dusted some Milk Chocolate Bronzer on her cheeks and forehead to add a little sunkiss.

And finished her off with some All Nighter setting spray.

Hope you love the look!

Natalie Heather
    January 27, 2016 at 4:37 am

I love how you did her makeup! I’m so glad you didn’t cover her freckles, they are a beautiful feature! Well done emphasizing her eyes and lips. Beautiful!

Dani Fagan
    January 27, 2016 at 5:07 am

Gorge! I bet she could carry off a smokin hot red lip too!

nicole Walker
    January 27, 2016 at 5:09 am

Love this simple look and the lip color you chose! I know so many girls who are intimidated by makeup and especially the complicated tutorials swirling around so it is nice to see a great every day look! Thanks for sharing Cara 🙂

xoxo Nicole

January 27, 2016 at 5:48 am

Love it! What shadow did you use on her eyes, may I ask?

January 27, 2016 at 6:29 am

Ohhh my gosh so pretty! She’s a gorgeous lady to begin with and then your magic IIID foundation and just accentuates her beauty. Thank you for sharing these makeovers Cara!

Alyssa | Glitter and Grey

Meri Waldron
    January 27, 2016 at 6:36 am

I just love brunettes! They can pull off so many looks. I love this makeover so much. <3

January 27, 2016 at 7:01 am

So how did she feel AFTERWARDS??!!!! I am guessing she LOVED it!!!! Yep, she’s gorgeous with or without make-up. The “with” make-up is SO everyday gorgeous!!!! I really like that you didn’t use added lashes. If I was her best friend, watching the whole make-up process, I would give her BIG high-fives and a hug and then I’d be speechlessly happy for her and just stare at her. It is still so easily her, just kinda polished, not fake. One of my faves!!! You always bring out the best Cara!!!

Breanna Buchanan
    January 27, 2016 at 7:18 am

Cara, such a beautiful makeover, as always! I love your philosophy on makeup! And I absolutely love your makeup…I am having so much fun with your awesome product, and your tutorials are so helpful! This is the first time in my life that I’m actually learning how to do my makeup…and enjoying it! Thank you!

January 27, 2016 at 7:36 am

I want what she’s having…

January 27, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Amen to that! LOL

January 27, 2016 at 8:01 am

She looks absolutely beautiful! Her eyes stand out so well in the makeover!

January 27, 2016 at 8:58 am

Her skin already looked amazing to begin with, so I love how light you kept her base. She looks like a movie star! 🙂

January 27, 2016 at 9:35 am

Just BEAUTIFUL, Cara! You brought out all of her great features with out overdoing it. She must be so pleased!

January 27, 2016 at 9:40 am

What a gorgeous makeover!

January 27, 2016 at 10:30 am

She has such gorgeous skin and you brought out her natural beauty so well! Her brows are amazing!!!!

Simply Rachel Nicole

Jenny Akins
    January 27, 2016 at 10:47 am

Even having worn makeup most of my life I was intimidated before trying my IIID foundation but it’s literally almost foolproof, it’s that amazing!! And oh my gosh so fast!! I’ve never felt more confident with my makeup routine and I love that my real self just shines through with this makeup instead of getting covered up. Add the tutorials, before and after pics, and Cara’s willingness to answer any and all questions, and I feel like I can continually pick up new tips and techniques to try.

Breanna Buchanan
      January 27, 2016 at 10:56 am

Jenny, you summed it all up so well! Cara is the best!

January 27, 2016 at 11:12 am

Ugh. She looks amazing! I would LOVE it if you would do a really detailed tutorial on nose contouring. It’s the one area that I just can’t seem to master. Your other tutorials do a great job of leading though the steps, but maybe it’s just my nose…

January 27, 2016 at 11:49 am

Holy smokes!!! Beautiful !!

January 27, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Hi Cara,
    I was wondering if you tweezed her eyebrows too or if you just used a brow product because I definitely see a difference! Such a pretty woman–makes me want to show off my freckles.

January 27, 2016 at 1:06 pm

I’d love to hear about her curl routine. I’ve been struggling with my curls for a while, and I think my texture is close to Brooke’s. She does have a lot of fabulous features! Great makeover!

January 27, 2016 at 3:30 pm

So beautiful already and you made her look stunning! What amazes me is how the new look brings out how pretty her HAIR is, and you didn’t do anything to that as far as we know.

January 27, 2016 at 3:55 pm

She looks so beautiful! She was beautiful before, but her features pop after. Love it!!

Kitt Noir
    January 27, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Beautiful look!

Ana Maria
    January 27, 2016 at 6:55 pm

She’s so stunning. Her lips are perfection!

January 27, 2016 at 6:57 pm

I love how you bring out a woman’s natural beauty with your makeovers. Amazing!

January 27, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Holy guacamole! She’s gorgeous and you are an angel!!! I cannot figure out contouring to save my life but I’m gonna start studying your videos. If I could look half that amazing….wooohoooo!

Diana in LAS
    January 27, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Cara, if you can teach THIS grandmother how to look her best, ANYONE can do it. Honestly, I feel like I look better in my 50’s than I ever have in my life. No lie. xo

Peggy Z
    January 27, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Lisa Burrell
    January 28, 2016 at 4:24 pm

A beautiful woman, and lovely makeup too!

Brenda M.
    January 29, 2016 at 4:37 am

Absolutely fantastic!!!!

Things I’m Loving Friday
    January 29, 2016 at 9:33 am

[…] to apply, and leaves your face looking effortlessly glowy in all the right places. Go check out her blog you will die for the before and after’s she […]

January 29, 2016 at 9:11 pm

You do such great work, Cara! Thanks for spreading the beauty everywhere. Love what you do!

January 30, 2016 at 12:42 am

She has gorgeous skin, and I love what you did with her eyes, really pop them out!!

February 1, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Growing up I always thought I was stuck with an ugly face. Make up was so overwhelming I never touched it. I was on pinterest one day when I found your make over post “A Little Somethin'”. I was SO amazed that make up could really make that much of a difference. For the first time I felt hope that maybe I could be pretty. I loyally read and reread your blog posts. They helped break down make up into layman’s terms so I could understand. After a couple of years following your blog and a couple others I now get SO many compliments on my make up its crazy. A friend even asked me to do her wedding make up! Me! An amateur! Now I see that I AM beautiful and was all along. Thanks Cara for all you do! <3

February 6, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Beautiful! Love how you bring out her best features. I am curious…is the foundation cruelty free? I am making a lifestyle change and would love to try it out, but only if it is an ethical product. Thanks!

February 8, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Gorgeous, she looks just so natural. I hope she loves the look too.

Moxie Glam Photography Studios
    February 11, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I absolutely love how you did her up. She looks so natural and beautiful! I dislike how people change someones whole entire face with 7 layers of concealer. Everyone is so beautiful the way they are you did an amazing job! I am in love with you.

February 23, 2016 at 10:20 pm