Before & Afters HAC Makeup

Makeover Monday Braquel

HELLO TO THE WORLD! I just got over a week of a pretty crappy cold for me and crusha and billy (ear infection for Billy included) and then at the end of the week when the light was finally showing at the end of the tunnel I got the STOMACH FLU! Not my finest hour. But I’m feeling back to myself now:) Everytime I come down with something I can’t help but think about all of the people who suffer from chronic illness and pain. I don’t know how they do it. It makes me feel so much compassion and amazement for them for what they accomplish. To anyone who does suffer that is reading this right now my heart goes out to you! I hope you know how amazing you are to keep pushing through it.

On to the makeover, which is ya know, Monday’s post. Just not this week:)
I hesitated to post this because we weren’t able to get a “professional” before because Jessica had to run a quick errand so I had to improvise with an iphone pic which is obviously not apples to apples so keep that in mind! I just couldn’t resist posting it because it’s of my gorgeous niece before Senior Prom and she is just glowing and glamorous and it would be a shame if y’all didn’t get to see it!

braquel

What I used:

I started with Tomas (which I actually did before I took the before) I used it because she’d been out in the sun all day and her face had gotten a lot less sun than her body (I think she was being smart and wearing a hat/ sunscreen) so I wanted to even her out so she matched:)

Next I used Laura Mercier Tinted moisture because she was fairly dry and also it helps neutralize things when I’ve just gone a little tan crazy.

Next I got to work on her eyes! I started with primer on the whole lid, then I used a pretty pewter shimmer color on her lid from crease down. I did black liner all the way around her eye then softened and set it with some black eyeshadow. And finally glued on some nice full lashes.

Using Brun I filled her brows into a nice pretty arch (adding a few hairs strokes with the Kat Von D pen as well)

Next I took to the contouring! I Used IIID Foundation in Stone (and shadow on her nose) then highlighted with Sunit. Dabbed some pink grapefruit in the apples of her cheeks and pearl on the tops of her cheekbones and on the bow of her lip)

I lined her lips with Sebastian and filled them with White Russian gloss. (she asked for a pinky nude lip and that combo is awesome!)

Isn’t she just RADIANT!?

I hope you guys are all having a great tuesday!
cara

24 Comments

Nicole Walker
    December 8, 2015 at 5:04 am

Omg your niece looks amazing! Hope she had a great time at prom, such a fun time when you’re a teenager.

xoxo Nicole

Cara
      December 8, 2015 at 10:29 am

I know so fun huh!!?

Alyssa
    December 8, 2015 at 6:59 am

She looks gorgeous! You can’t go wrong with the IIID foundation!

Alyssa | Glitter and Grey

Cara
      December 8, 2015 at 10:30 am

Thanks girl! You’re the best!

Ashley
    December 8, 2015 at 8:58 am

So awesome and beautiful!

Ashley

Erin
    December 8, 2015 at 9:17 am

Hi,
    I love your recommendations but this Thomas stuff is a mess. I am a “tanaholic” I mystic tan year round because I seriously feel prettier tan. However working retail sometimes I get to busy to tan because I hate the lingering smell of Mystic if I can’t shower. So I use various self tanners in a pinch. Anyway when you showed this cute surfer looking bottle and I ran out an bought it. Thankfully I sprayed in the shower! The mist was all over! Very orange mist. The spray was difficult to spray evenly on my body and I got dark patches (thought about spraying on fake ab’s lol). When I sprayed my face it stung a bit and was hard to control the color. I will stick to my Loreal tanner. The smell is nicer, its color is pretty and its quite a bit cheaper. I love all your stuff and am a huge fan but I just was not feeling this stuff!

Cara
      December 8, 2015 at 10:32 am

Dang it Erin! I am so so sorry it didn’t work well for you! I do agree that some bottles can be pretty testy but I’ve never had it go orange! Thanks for letting me know:)

Eli m luna
    December 8, 2015 at 9:59 am

She’s simply gorgeous!!! Her smile and eyes resembles yours sooooo much Cara.

Cara
      December 8, 2015 at 10:32 am

Oh that makes me so happy that you’d think so!!!

rilirryn
    December 8, 2015 at 10:25 am

I think she looks a lot older with the make-up. Way too much make-up! She looks at least 10 years older. I like the before picture more!

Cara
      December 8, 2015 at 10:34 am

I agree that she definitely looks beautiful without it but it is fun to play dress up for dances:) It’s fun to rock a totally different look on a fun occasion like prom, right?!

Camille
      January 25, 2016 at 12:31 am

This! I think she looks beautiful both ways, but not many people can look as hot as she does WITHOUT makeup! I say forego that shellac and own that au naturel look! She has gorgeous skin! Slap on some tinted moisturizer (with spf because I know personally that skin cancer sucks) and dab on a light coat of mascara! This girl!!!! Her skin is radiant!

Mia
    December 8, 2015 at 11:08 am

she looks gorgeous! How lucky is she to have you as an aunt!

Cara
      December 8, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Thank you! I’m lucky to have her as a Niece! 🙂

Lidi
    December 8, 2015 at 11:27 am

She’s beautiful before and after! I love how you emphasized her pretty eyes without making it super smoky. Also, can I just mention how refreshing it is to see your responses in the comment section? You respond with such grace!

Cara
      December 8, 2015 at 11:24 pm

That is soooo sweet of you to say! Thank you! I sometimes get behind on comments but I ALWAYS enjoy blogging so much more when I stay close to the conversations going on in the comments section:)

Nicola
    December 8, 2015 at 11:49 am

Cara, I have loved your blog for years but have to tell you that the ads on the left are getting in the way! Even when you click them to disappear the box remains, obscuring your post. Don’t know if this an issue for others but it is for me.

Cara
      December 8, 2015 at 11:25 pm

I am SOO Sorry you are having that issue! This is something I’ve addressed with my ad company so may times and it always comes back! I’ll make sure to get it fixed. Thank you for letting me know!

Mary Kate
    December 8, 2015 at 12:34 pm

She looks beautiful! You did such a great job!

Mary Kate

Sabrina
    December 8, 2015 at 9:31 pm

This look is absolutely stunning!

Jaime
    December 9, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Ugghh!!! I need your eyebrow skillz!!!!! Great job all around. Stunning makeup for prom!!

Stephanie
    December 16, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Hey Cara! I love you IIID foundation but maybe I’m not prepping my skin right. When I do the highlighter it is sort of patchy/cakey after I blend. Do you have any tips? I am exfoliating my skin regularly, use cerave moisturizer, mary kay face primer, and then do my makeup and use your blending sponge. Do you have any tips?

Erin
    November 22, 2016 at 7:38 am

Holy moly. Bombshell! Those lips!! And wow, that HAC job is killer. I wish you would move in with me and HAC my nose every morning. Sound good? 🙂