I once had this velvet floor length sweater shawl type thing with fur around the neck that I swiped from my friend’s dress up box. It wasn’t exactly fashion forward but it was soooo warm and comfortable I wore it ALLLLLL the time. Over sweats, jeans, or anything at all. It was like wearing a hug and there was no amount of shame that could keep me from throwing it on. And then one day it disappeared. I don’t know if my mom finally had enough of it (booty shorts mysteriously vanished anytime they ended up in the laundry room) or what became of it but since then (maybe 10 years ago?) I’ve missed it…every winter.
My friends, I have finally found a replacement at Nordstrom a couple weeks ago!
What it lacks in fur and velvet it makes up for in softness and style:)
I even paired it with some shiny leggings to make it seem fancy!

9V9A0025  9V9A0050

Sweater | Leggings | Boots (old – similar) | Top

I’ve also been working on some gathering and testing some beauty products to recommend for Christmas gifting this year.

Two things I have my eye on is the new Gwen Stephani Palette from Urban Decay? Have you seen it!? SOOO pretty! And this Lip Tar kit with three PERFECT colors (you know how much I love me some Lip Tar! )

I was hoping you could point me in the direction of any GREAT beauty gift ideas out there!?

December 2, 2015 at 11:25 pm

I’d love to send you one of my Lilla Rose hair clips – beautiful and practical! I just need an address and size (based on your hair thickness and style you want to use it for). http://lillarose.biz/mamacre8s

December 3, 2015 at 6:08 am

One thing is for sure – Nordstrom needs to switch their sweater picture to yours! Their model doesn’t do it justice – or you just make everything look fabulous.

Laurie Andrews
    December 3, 2015 at 8:05 am

Oh Wow I’ve also been on a never ending quest to find the perfect long sweater with fur trim that I had as a teen too. I have no idea where it went. I like the one you posted too but I will still keep my eye out for the old style 😀

December 3, 2015 at 10:22 am

Just wanted to drop a line and say I love the gifs you include in your posts! They’re so fun and unique from other blogs I follow. Keep up the great work!

December 3, 2015 at 3:56 pm

I loooove Nordstrom but I’m so mad at them right now! Two of the four gifts I ordered on Cyber Monday can’t be fulfilled because they ran out. Gr.

December 3, 2015 at 10:25 pm

So adorable and cozy 2?!!! Score!!!

Anna R.
    December 3, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Too Faced’s Grand Palais gift set! AMAZING. The eye shadow colors are beautiful, as well as the bronzers and blushes, an eye primer, a Melted lippie, AAAANNNNDDD the Better Than Sex mascara! My absolute favorite!

December 4, 2015 at 6:06 am

LOVE this outfit!

December 4, 2015 at 10:50 am

I’ve heard very mixed things about Gwen’s palette. Mainly it’s good if you are as pale as she is, a lot of the colors look nearly identical on the skin, there’s not enough variation. Try something from Honest Beauty! I just ordered their limited edition palette– excited to try it. I’ve heard good things about their bronzer as well.

December 4, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I usually don’t comment but this is just such a great look, Cara! I need that cardigan in my life.

Wishes & Reality

Dubliner in Deutschland
    December 5, 2015 at 7:14 am

oh yes, that does look really cosy!

Mary Kate
    December 6, 2015 at 9:51 am

Wow- I’m in love with your whole outfit!

Mary Kate

December 7, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Love the whole outfit!

December 10, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Cara, I was wondering if you had tried Monat hair products? Brand new company that started in October of 2014. I’m in LOVE with all their stuff!!! Great for any hair types, hair with or without issues, thinning hair, dull/lifeless hair, curly, straight, etc…. Everything has a 30 day money back guarantee! http://www.andisutton.mymonat.com I’d love to get you some samples!

Shannon Van Marter
    December 19, 2015 at 9:32 am

The Amope Extra Course Electronic foot file is amazing! I have tried every cream and file, and have even used the “Baby Foot” peel twice. But in 10 minutes the Amope gave me smooth, soft feet for the first time…ever! I am telling everyone about it because it is FINALLY a product that actually does what it promises!

Unnati Silks