My Life

Friday Home Favorites

So I’ve been living in my house for over a year now.

And it still isn’t decorated!

I blamed it on the baby for like 6 months and I’ve been without excuses for about 6 months now so..its time!

I don’t necessarily mean “decorated” as in picture perfect or anything because that’s just not likely to happen in my life…more like put together. Where everything has a place. And homey, photos of our family on the walls…that sort of thing. It just furniture and us in here and without a place for the toys and the shoes and the books it gets messy SO EASY!

I keep tryin’ to get Mandi to get over here and whip it into shape but she’s up to her eyeballs with projects and she already knows how pitiful my attempts at DIY’s are:)

So anywhoo I’ve been searching the internets for some good stuff so I figured I might as well share my finds with you…and hope for the same in return! Especially if you know of a great site for inspiration or great deals!

This Couch….in my dreams….why do I even look at Anthro furniture? Just to torture myself!?

Mirror I’m thinking about for my makeup room. (Speaking of that if you were privy to the periscope I filmed earlier this week – so fun hanging out with you guys – you saw the makeup room’s wall in all of it’s glory and we all agreed it isn’t finished yet. When it is I’ll post about it since many of you have inquired about the brick)

Coolest lamp!

Such a pretty shower curtain

OK so I may have gotten side tracked (can you see why I’m so bad at this?! ha) but I think it pretty much counts! How cool is this map? The whole map is silver but it scratches off to full color, so you can track your travels!

I hope you guys have a great weekend!!

Kiss & Make-up
    October 9, 2015 at 5:23 am

I actually don’t like the couch, oops! But it does look soft and comfy to sit (and sleep!) on.

October 9, 2015 at 5:58 am

Invest more in good quality work related things. With two kids, there will be copious amounts of spilled milk, hot chocolate and food in various degrees of fluidity. You may say now they won’t be allowed to eat there, but it will happen nonetheless. I would buy sofas with teflon treated fabric.

October 9, 2015 at 6:08 am

Cara! The couch is beautiful! You can have a similar one for much less! Check out and type in “velvet sofa,” there are a lot to chose from. I found a few very similar ones and took screenshots but I can’t figure out how to add them here. There was one in particular that I found very similar except in color (greys, purple, red or brown color choices) for only $830 😉
    It’s called “Carthusian tufted button linen sofa.” Hope you find something cute at a good deal!

October 9, 2015 at 6:39 am

try out this online site for the couch! you can create what you want!

October 9, 2015 at 7:08 am

Cara- I have had great luck with mirrors at HomeGoods for a LOT less money. Check them regularly and you may find something similar. Also IKEA has some cool ones if you have one near you.

October 9, 2015 at 8:49 am

Anthropologie has a giveaway for a couch + $1000 for Domino Magazine… Wouldn’t hurt to enter 😉

October 9, 2015 at 9:04 am

I just blogged about the ONE aisle at Target that you can shop to decorate a whole room! Check it out at

October 9, 2015 at 10:01 am

Do not spend that much on that mirror!! I made a super cute one for $15 that I found on Pinterest… DIY Floor Mirror! Tons of awesome ideas!

October 9, 2015 at 10:04 am

Do you have a store there called “Living Spaces”? They just opened up where I live in California and it’s like a grown up version of Ikea. Nicer pieces (less dorm-style) but good prices. They have consultants there that will help you add to decor based on your likes/dislikes.

Sara Renee
    October 9, 2015 at 10:18 am

I love the map! That store offers it other colors too…gold, indigo. Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Deborah Sacchi
    October 9, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Definitely go to home goods for your mirror. They get new ones all the time and I have seen similar there. I bought a round black one there and spray painted it white and covered it with seashells. It costs me less than $300. I copied a style I saw in a very expensive shop in Palm Beach that retailed for $1500!

October 10, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Don’t buy any sofa with that kind of fabrication with two small children! Runny noses and, frankly, snot will ruin it in no time! Trust me, I know!

October 11, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Gorgeous couch! I often like

October 13, 2015 at 12:25 pm

I don’t know if you have kijiji where you are, but it’s a great place to buy second hand stuff. I just got a 4000$ for 200$ because I was willing to drive an hour and a half and rent a UHaul…I also got a bank of 4 vintage school lockers for my teenage sons room for 10$. Some second hand finds are more than affordable, clean and far better than buying low quality new.

October 13, 2015 at 6:15 pm

That couch, Cara!! Someone offered me a couch just like that (but red) a few years back for FREE, but I didn’t have red in my decor at the time (palm to forehead). I’m a moron. I’ll come decorate your house! I can do contemporary/vintage/glam!! Have you checked Living Spaces? Very similar stuff, but very affordable!

October 29, 2015 at 7:41 am

Hey Cara I almost purchased a mirror like that West Elm one from Target for 80$ a couple weeks ago, so I’d definitely check there