Before & Afters Makeup

Monday Makeover – Julie

This beautiful woman was one of the winners of my Mother’s Day Makeover a few months ago. We were kind of devastated because her video was somehow corrupted and we weren’t able to post it. But I still wanted to post her makeover and tell you a little about her story and why she’s such an amazing lady.

Her Daughter in Law Jennipher nominated her. She told me that Julie had never worn makeup. She’s beautiful without it but Jennipher wanted her to feel special and pampered. They both had suffered a great loss Julie’s son and Jennipher’s husband passed away at the young age of 27. Jennipher credits her sweet MIL for pulling her through that dark time.

It was so special to see their love for each other and the sisterhood they share. I can tell they they both really rely on each other.

I loved Julie’s reaction when she saw her all fancied up, ‘I haven’t looked this good since college!”

What a joy it was to spend some time with those two.

Photography by Jessica Janae

What I used:

IIID Foundation in Medium Light (walnut  (contour) + sunlit (highlight) + ruby (blush) + Pearl (illuminator)
Taupe NYX Liner on her lips
Brun Shadow on her brows
Too faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer on eyes
MAC Brave Lipstick
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Happy monday to you all!

Carol Higdon
    September 28, 2015 at 5:16 am

Beautiful!! Your makeup looks great!

September 28, 2015 at 6:44 am

So beautiful. These mother’s day makeovers are such a highlight. I hope you keep doing them!

Alyssa | Glitter and Grey

September 28, 2015 at 7:31 am

I Loved this! She looks so beautiful. A wonderful reflection of what is on the inside <3

September 28, 2015 at 7:57 am

What a lovely makeover! Julie is just glowing.

September 28, 2015 at 8:57 am

What a sweet story…mother in laws don’t have to be horrible. 🙂

Just wanted to mention that I did a happy shoulder dance when I saw you posted a Makeover Monday! I love these posts!!!

September 28, 2015 at 11:11 am

So sweet! Their story brought tears to my eyes

L.A. Tatum
    September 28, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Wow. She looks fantastic!

September 28, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Oh Cara she looks beautiful. You did a fab job using minimal products to make her shine. I felt such happiness just looking at her picture, knowing that at that moment she felt like a queen. You, my friend, are a gem.

September 28, 2015 at 10:06 pm

What a devastating loss for these two women. You can tell from the sparkle in her eyes that the pampering lifted her spirits.

September 29, 2015 at 7:46 am

She looks lovely. What a nice thing to do. I have a question for you though… I bought the foundation and am figuring it out. I love it so far. But I am struggling with ‘touch ups’ at the end of the workday. The makeup lasts pretty well, but after 10 hours I need a reboot if I’m meeting people after work. When I’ve tried to reapply to the existing base it doesn’t look as good as it does in the morning. Any tricks you can share?

September 29, 2015 at 10:05 am

Beautiful…thanks for sharing this beautiful story.

September 29, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Cara, I love all your amazing transformations especially on more mature skin. Is there any way you might do a series on mature skin with visible veins and hyperpigmentation? And on younger skin with acne and redness? All these lovely ladies have such beautiful skin already.

September 29, 2015 at 5:44 pm

I love how her eyes just POP! Beautiful

September 30, 2015 at 12:58 pm

What a special story. These two women are both beautiful inside and out. With those incredible blue eyes, I thought they were mother and daughter until reading on. I absolutely love the makeover and the bond they share. I’m so glad they were the winners of the contest. Fabulous as always, Cara!

September 30, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Lovely! In the second photo the first thing I noticed were how BLUE her eyes are. She still looks natural and lovely just more polished.

September 30, 2015 at 9:47 pm

Oh my goodness, such a great makeover Cara!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

October 16, 2015 at 7:48 pm

You sure you didn’t just do a makeover on Kathy Bates?

jennipher h
    October 21, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Hi I am the daughter-in-law in this post and I just want to say how excited I was to see Julie’s makeover. Thanks so much for giving her and us that day. I was such a great experience from beginning to end. It makes me so happy to see the beautiful glimmer in her eyes! xoxo

Julie Hulse
    October 21, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Well I am the mother in law in these photos. I appreciate the opportunity to be nominated and to get picked to win this great makeover. I had such a great time with Jennipher and it was so nice to meet you Cara. I felt so great that day and I’m so happy to read the comments and to know that people I have never met can see how happy I am…….. thanks again, Julie