My Life

Five + One + Three

This last week has been kind of a big deal around here! I thought it made for a perfect time to give a little state of our family update:)

Crush turned 5!

I love every minute of this boy. He is just so sweet. I love how much he cares about other’s feelings and how excited he gets about little things. This is a story that totally sums him up:
A few months ago Christian’s Auntie brought a gift by, I assumed it was for him and told him so. He began to tear it open excitedly. I quickly realised it was actually an outfit for Billy and braced myself for  the disappointment. Instead he smiled from ear to ear and laughed out in delight.
“Mom! Look! It’s for Billy! Isn’t it sooooo cute!?”
He didn’t even miss a beat.

That boy knows how to love.

We were happy we celebrated his party on Saturday night because on Sunday (his actual birthday) Crush had a fever and pretty much slept all day. All he asked was for me to cuddle him in between naps.

When I was a nanny I spent all day with this cute kid and took care of all her needs and sure, she liked me and everything, but when her mom came home she totally lit up and really forgot I even existed. I remember thinking ‘It must feel nice to be the most important person in a kids life.’
Well I was right…it is so nice.

Billy Turned 1!

How is it that pregnancy seemed to last a decade and the first year with this little babe has flown by in what feels like a month!?

He is so dang adorable! My favorite thing in the world is to tickle him and hear his amazingly cute laugh and see his two big front teeth! Oh his teeths melt my heart!

Our marriage turns 3!
After the birthday celebrations Nick and I headed to San Francisco to drive the coastline for our anniversary:) It’s been so fun so far! In some ways it feels like we’ve been married for so much longer than 3 years, I think sometimes you find someone who fits so perfectly into your life that it feels like they’ve just always been there. Nick feels like my home.

Hope you guys have a lovely weekend! I’ll be updating our little trip on instagram if you wanna follow along! We got some awesome recommendations on this post if you’re planning a coastline trip too!

Krystal Stark
    September 18, 2015 at 5:22 am

My anniversary is coming up on October 4th (1 year!), together for four years, but I feel the same way about my husband. We fit so well together, I can not remember not loving him 🙂 The best part of my day is laying next to him at night

September 18, 2015 at 6:40 am

Happy birthday to your sweet boys and happy anniversary to you! It really is amazing how quickly that first year flies, isn’t it? Hope you have a great trip!

September 18, 2015 at 7:23 am

What gorgeous sons you have! Congratulations on all your recent milestones.

September 18, 2015 at 7:31 am

Well that was my new favoritest post EVER. Doesn’t your heart almost break because it’s SO FULL when they do stuff like that? (being happy the gift was for his brother) So darn sweet. Even though we’ve never met, I feel so happy for you and your family being in love. My husband is traveling right now and reading your words made me even more excited for him to come home today!! Thanks for the update and sharing your little slice of heaven! 🙂

September 18, 2015 at 7:49 am

Can’t even handle this post. Very happy for you and your adorable family! <3

Jennifer Willis
    September 18, 2015 at 8:47 am

Happy Birthday to your two beautiful little boys and Happy Anniversary to you and Nick. You’re a talented, loving, smart woman Cara. Be proud of yourself. You’re doing a great job in this big, hard to maneuver world.

September 18, 2015 at 8:53 am

Happy birthday to your boys and happy anniversary! You have such a beautiful family!

September 18, 2015 at 10:18 am

Happy birthday (s) to those precious boys!!! Happy anniversary to you and your husband!

September 18, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Oh isn’t it so nice to have your boys birthdays so close?! My boys 5 & 2 were born 1 day apart and I just love knowing they will always celebrate their birthdays together even when they are older. Funny fact – my boys only cousin was born on my oldest sons birthday. Apparently October is a good month for us! = ) Happy Birthday to your beautiful boys and Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!

Anna Bennion
    September 18, 2015 at 8:08 pm

What beautiful kids!! Crush looks so much like you!

September 18, 2015 at 11:44 pm

Happy beautiful family!!! Congrats on all of it! Thanks for sharing!!!

September 20, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Christian’s comment on the outfit for his little brother was so, so sweet & generous it literally brought tears to my eyes. You are raising an angel – his generous nature has to come from his family! Your little Billy is so precious as well and I can see why you love that little smile, GAH those little front teeth! 😀 Happy Anniversary to you & your Nick. You seem like you have a really wonderful, caring family. I wish you all the best.

Elizabeth Frank
    September 20, 2015 at 9:21 pm

Happy Birthday little ones! And Happy Anniversary to you!

September 21, 2015 at 4:44 am

This is so sweet! So. Much. Joy!