Before & Afters Makeup

Makeover Monday – Makenna Alyse

I had been following this gorgeous beauty on instagram for a while before I met her, so I was already quite familiar with her beautiful face. Meeting her only doubled that beauty because she is also such a sweet person as well.
I had a blast doing her makeup! It was actually kind of funny because there was an audience of a couple of guys waiting around in the studio for some suit modelling they were going to be doing and they were in total awe of the makeup process! They kept saying “woah this is so cool!” Totally fascinated in a way that only guys could be:)

Photography by Jessica Janae

What I used:
IIID Foundation in Light (linen highlight + walnut contour + pink grapefruit blush + pearl illuminator)
Kat Von D Brow Pen in Medium Brown
Kat Von D Tatto Liner in Black

House of Lashes in Featherette
NYX liner in taupe (for her lips) blended
Buxom White Russian gloss in the center of her bottom and top lips

Happy Monday!
Thank you all who commented on Friday’s post BTW I had such a great day reading your sweet words. I love ya.

Jo Ann
    September 14, 2015 at 8:41 am

Thank you so much for sharing your talents! I have been reading your blog for quite some time now and two weeks ago my husband and I attended the wedding of a friend. We have been married for sixteen years and he has seen me at my best and my worst. My husband looked fantastic in his tux and I wanted to totally wow him if I possibly could. Right now when I think of how he looked at me makes me tear up. When he uttered the words, “wow you look gorgeous” I could see from his face he meant it. I have learned so much about makeup from you I just wanted to tell you thanks for everything you do including sharing your feelings. You are beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. God bless you and your family.

September 17, 2015 at 7:02 am

This is such a sweet message! I completely agree with you about how much Cara inspires us to be our most beautiful selves!

September 14, 2015 at 9:48 am

So cool! MY IIID foundation was literally JUST delivered and I can’t wait to play with it tonight. I’m linen/walnut so I’m excited to see this makeover using the shame shades!

Alyssa | Glitter and Grey

September 14, 2015 at 11:01 am

The first time my husband saw me put IIID foundation on he was fascinated too. He kept saying, “woah, it’s like you’re photoshopping your face!” He couldn’t get over it. Cutie.

September 14, 2015 at 11:04 am

She looks so stunning! She is natural beauty but you definitely brought out her gorgeous features 🙂 Love her eyes!

September 14, 2015 at 12:37 pm

What did you use for eyeshadow? ~ Fellow blonde hair/blue eye girl

September 15, 2015 at 7:04 am

I agree with Heather! Please explain what you did under her eyes. It’s so pretty . Would have loved to see that in a video. My coloring is just like hers.

September 14, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Gorg as usual Cara!

September 14, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Hi Cara, I am going to America next month from UK and am hoping to buy your foundation, prob is I’ve bought 3 foundations this month all wrong colour, how do I make sure I buy the right one on this one chance I’m going to get???

September 15, 2015 at 10:16 am

you can dm her a picture of you on Instagram and she gets back to you pretty quickly with a color recommendation.

September 14, 2015 at 7:21 pm

One of your best makeovers!!!!

September 15, 2015 at 1:05 am

I miss your vidoes

September 15, 2015 at 8:45 am

Please explain what you did under her eyes. She looks beautiful!

September 15, 2015 at 9:25 am

Wow….way to enhance her already beautiful features! Makenna, you are a stunner!

September 15, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Loved the makeover……have a question. Bought the CURE natural aqua gel from Amazon….Don’t know quite how to use it….

September 15, 2015 at 4:39 pm

I do love your blog. I used to follow it religiously, but now I feel like I am subtly being sold your makeup in every post. Just an observation.

September 16, 2015 at 12:05 pm

I just looked back through the last 12 posts and there were only 2 out of twelve that had to do with selling her make-up. Unless you are counting Monday make overs, which everybody loves. There were 2 off those. Besides, the world would be an exponentially more beautiful place if everyone knew about her make up! Have you tried it yet? It is mind blowing!!! Have a happy day?

September 17, 2015 at 11:39 am

It’s perfectly okay for Anonymous to express her opinion just as it is for you to do so. Perceptions vary.

September 17, 2015 at 7:47 am

She looks gorgeous!! Keep up the awesome work with the makeovers!

Mary Kate

September 17, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Can you provide more information on the lip liner? I have scoured all the stores and the website, but I cannot find a liner by NYX named taupe. Kinda obsessed, please help!

September 17, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Brianna, The NYX liner is a eye liner used on the lips. There is a link through “the Prettilist.”

September 19, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Whoa. And there it is! I would have never thought to do that. Thanks for the insight.

September 17, 2015 at 6:08 pm

what shadow did you use? she clearly has more than eyeliner and falsies on

September 18, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Wow, she looks incredible! Already very beautiful before but the after is really enhancing her natural beauty. Gorgeous!