Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

I was checking my girl Mandi’s blog earlier and she’d posted about this amazing series called “12 Steps to Change” about addiction recovery. I had about a million things I should have been doing but I found myself a blubbery mess watching all 12 stories. Most people I know have had addiction touch their lives (my story) in one way or another and it seems so hopeless at times. I felt a renewed surge of hope after watching these stories so I thought they were definitely worth sharing.’

Have you seen Pioneer woman’s new kitchen goodies at walmart!? They are SO SO cute. The Flea Market stuff is perfection. She totally nailed it and for such a great price!

These jeans I just got that are SUPER cute just went on sale! Love them.

Both my boys are having a birthday next week. One on Friday and one on Sunday so after I got the go ahead from Crush to double them up I figured I’d have a joint party on Saturday. (I’ll run with the joint party thing as long as I can, I’m guessing this might be the only year Crush signs off on it:) Any he’s asking for an Ant Boy party. AntBoy is a totally obscure show on Netflix and is nothing like AntMan, who Crush is totally unimpressed with “His costume doesn’t even look like an ant!”. Anyway…if anyone has any ideas on how to do a cute Ant Boy Party…Please! Help me out! I’m thinking of just going with a retro superhero theme for now..?

I have serial buyers remorse when I get clothes. I always leave the tag on until like an hour into my first wear JUST IN CASE and always save the receipts. This guide to never regretting a purchase is awesome!

Have a fantastic weekend!

September 4, 2015 at 4:36 am

Have you ever checked out Maurices clothing?? They have some really cute affordable items!! I’d love to see what outfits you could come up with from there!!

September 4, 2015 at 10:04 am

They do have cute stuff! I always forget about them!

September 4, 2015 at 9:30 am

Thank you for posting a link to your story of addiction and recovery. I would have missed it since it was written a few years ago. I have been struggling with anger and frustration with loved ones with addiction issues, and guilt for setting boundaries to protect my family. Because of your story, I will try an Al-Anon meeting. You are a courageous, lovely woman. Thank you for sharing your story.

September 4, 2015 at 10:06 am

Thank you so much! I totally understand your anger and your guilt. It’s so difficult to watch someone in pain like that and to have to hold boundaries strong, you are doing the right thing! Please do go to a meeting and work the program. I can’t even begin to tell you how much it helped me.

Amy F
    September 4, 2015 at 10:43 am

I’m the same with purchases.. not just clothes! haha

September 4, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Love the jeans! I have been obsessed with ripped jeans lately

September 4, 2015 at 8:19 pm

I laughed out loud about the serial buyers remorse! I ALWAYS leave on tags, keep receipts, and make sure it’s a good return policy! 🙂

September 5, 2015 at 9:09 am

I’ve done several superhero parties for my son over the years. Some of my favorite activities and special touches were personalized capes made from old t-shirts, a scavenger hunt where two teams have to follow the clues to find where the evil villains are hiding our hero, an obstacle course that allows them to climb through tunnels, leap tall buildings in a single bound, and get to defuse the bomb before it explodes and my all time favorite…freeze two superhero action figures in blocks of ice and then do a team water relay to see who frees their superhero first. I always keep a prize basket full of themed awards from 5 Below or the dollar store for the winners.

September 6, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Hi Cara, Im on my second IIID set (bought your original formulation a few years ago and several months ago got the new one). I’m especially loving your 40+ skin tips. Here’s a question I have that I don’t think you’ve addressed yet…..I have dark bluefish underwhelmed discoloration. I use sunlit shade of highlighter. I usually use a peachy under eye concealer to counter the blue tones under my eyes. Would you recommend I use the peachy concealer OVER or UNDER the sunlit. I can’t seem to figure out the best way on my own ;). THANKS in advance for a reply!

September 6, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Sorry for the auto corrects! Should’ve read “blue-ish” not “bluefish” undertones. Lol

September 6, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Hi Cara,
    I don’t know if other people are having the same problem as me, but I’m having a hard time with your blog since you updated the layout. The ads stick out over the posts so I haven’t been able to read a post since the layout changed. I use an iPad, if that helps. I miss reading your posts! I hope this is fixed, otherwise I can’t see anything 🙁

September 7, 2015 at 9:54 pm

I thought I would have a quick peek at one of the videos – I ended up watching all 12. They are all so beautifully communicated – verbally and visually. Even if we are not ‘affected’ by addiction, these videos impart truth, wisdom and encouragement. Thank You for using your platform here to share them.