Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

Are there any planner geeks out there? I don’t care how many apps and calendars and incredibly useful ways they make it easier to use electronics for planning my days, it’s never going to be as good to me as good old fashioned real live paper!
My cousin makes these awesome leather planners on etsy and I just ordered one for myself!

{ via }

OK I’ve been using Duo glue for AGES and I don’t know what happened as of late but it just hasn’t been working well for me at all. I’ve tried a bunch of others at no avail and then….I tried Esqido’s new lash glue. Which, can I just say right off the bat, is SUUUUCH a prettier and more functional delivery system. It actually has a wand with a thin brush tip so you can paint it on to the lash evenly without making a mess. And then The actual glue part? miraculous. If you wear falsies you need this yesterday. Don’t even wait, it’s worth it. Scouts honor.

Yes to this This skirt

This Caesar Pasta Salad is so yummy in the heat!

Also: Havarti and arugula grilled cheese with smoky bacon jam and triple herb butter. Um WHAT!??? I’ll take two!

I just got finished reading a really fun book! It’s called Attachments By Rainbow Rowell. It’s a pretty quick read but it had me smiling all through it. Now I’m ready for some new recommendations if you have any!

Hope you guys have the most amazing weekend!

August 21, 2015 at 6:54 am

Book suggestions- “The Luckiest Girl Alive” by Jessica Knoll and “The Kind Worth Killing” by Peter Swanson. Still reading the second but both are gooooood!
    Totally agree on the paper planners! Technology may equal convenience, but there is nothing like looking at an open book before you and seeing everything scratched out in one place. My brain just calculates it better.

August 21, 2015 at 7:11 am

I loooooooove paper planners – I got in the habit in high school and 15 years later – still hooked! I’m not in love with my planner this year, so I will definitely check out your cousin’s shop!

Books…I recently read The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Noyes. Not perfect, but it was gripping. 🙂 I also enjoyed The Strangler Vine by MJ Carter (a mystery set in 1800s India) and Seveneves by Neal Stephenson (big sci-fi book about the end of the world). Ooh another great one was Take Me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde. It’s about a man who takes a trip to some National Parks and takes along two young boys.

Do you have a good reads page…? I sense a Maskara book club forming!

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    August 21, 2015 at 8:46 am

I just finished Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I avoided reading the last chapter for a few days.

Ugh, I miss lashes. I’ve had an issue with my eye and I can’t wear eye make up. maybe I will get the equido glue as a treat when I wear it again.

August 21, 2015 at 9:51 am

We are called to rise and The stranger were both really good reads from the last month . . .

August 21, 2015 at 1:45 pm

I would recommend Rainbow Rowell’s YA books (Fangirl and Eleanor & Park). I liked her adult books, but LOVED her YA books more.

My favorite books right now are Nightengale by Kristin Hannah, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony (?) Doerr, and The Paris Architect (cannot remember the author). All three take place during WWII in France, but provide different perspectives and stories of survival/perseverance. I am still thinking about all three months after I finished them–that is a sign of a good book to me.

Happy Reading!

August 21, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Cara, thank you again for your help the other day!! Books I’ve read lately that I loved:
    The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah (SO GOOD), Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (cried like a baby), The Midwife’s Apprentice (quick little read but it was a feel good story), Go Set a Watchman (Loved the second half), The Secret Keeper (you definitely want to put it on your list. so good), and I’m just starting Burial Rites (so far, so good:)). Books my friend recommended to me today The Persian Pickle Club/anything by Sandra Dallas (she said you finish feeling so good about being a woman). Have a great weekend! and happy reading!

August 21, 2015 at 3:26 pm

I really love Wonder by R.J. Palacio. It’s a quick read about a 10 yr old boy born with a totally deformed face going to school for the first time. I thought it was going to be hard to read because I just imagined him getting tortured by the other kids at school, but it made me laugh out loud and I cried at the end. (a feel good cry) I LOVE this book! I tell everyone to read it!

August 21, 2015 at 6:33 pm

After reading almost all of Liane Moriarty’s books, I read Girl on the Train (awesome) and now I’m almost finished with The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer. I loooove it.

August 21, 2015 at 11:32 pm

Planners are my absolute favourite! I also love that little quote you’ve posted on top, made me smile! Hehe

August 22, 2015 at 6:38 am

Gotta have paper! I can handle an electronic calendar…but I still have it copied to the big paper wall calendar….but I don’t get a think done without a paper to make lists and tasks and all that good stuff.

August 22, 2015 at 6:51 am

I’m like you, I have to have a notebook with me at all times for my calendar and any to do lists I think of. My boyfriend might make fun of me, but I think it works better to keep track of everything!

Mary Kate

August 22, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Love the post. Me before you by jojo moyes is a good book.

August 24, 2015 at 1:38 am

if you are searching for a beautiful heartwarming, funny, entertaining Story you have to read this: The Life List (author Lori Nelson Spielman)