Makeup Makeup Products

New goodies!

I gotta tell you, it feels like it takes FOREVER from conception to actually having a product in my hands ready to put on the store. I think it’s like everything you work hard for, it comes in stages.

There’s the beginning creative stage where you’re like “YES! This is gonna be so awesome! And I’m gonna do this and this and this…”

Then there’s the back and forth: change this, this isn’t working, let’s fix this… Not as exciting but, you know, you’re cruisin’

Then comes the waiting. Soooooo much waiting. Is this ever going to happen? And that’s when the thoughts creep in “Is anyone even going to like it?” There’ve been times when I’m lying in bed half asleep and I think “Was that the right color choice?” and I run into my makeup room to test it so I can go back to sleep soundly.

When I finally get it in my hands it doesn’t even feel real! It’s so exciting!

So…Without further adieu let me introduce you to the newest arrivals into the Maskcara Beauty

I Shadow Everything Brush:
This is my baby.
As you may know I’m big into double ended brushes (why waste the other side!?) saves on space, money and especially saves on time looking in my makeup bag! I have found that I pretty much end up using the same two brushes for EVERYTHING on my eyes so I simply merged my two favorite designs into one and now I don’t have to use any other brushes on my eyes.
{here’s an instagram video to show it in use}

The Perfector:
I’ve had a long time love affair with the beauty blender because it’s amazing but I’ve always been SO frustrated with the price! I tried many other sponges to see if I could get the same results  to no avail. So I set out to make one myself! I gotta say this little nugget hits it out of the park! And I adore the cotton candy pink.

30 Second HAC Brush:
I love my original brush for the IIID foundation so much but I felt I needed another option for days when I was in a big hurry. I wanted a brush that was dense enough that I could get the contour on without a soft hand and a highlight side that was big enough to cover more space in one swipe. So I created the 30 Second HAC Brush! I still use the original brush if I’m wanting to get a little more detailed but this one is more better for days when I need to get out the door:)
{here’s an instagram video to show it in use}

Thanks for letting me take some space and share what I’ve been working on! Thanks so much for all of your honest and helpful feedback. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it!

Sarah Godfrey
    August 20, 2015 at 4:47 am

Yay! When can we buy ’em?

Miki Nyckel
    August 20, 2015 at 5:31 am

Awesome! I want to buy!

August 20, 2015 at 6:18 am

Thank you so much! I love your products. I have enjoyed your IIID foundation brush, but I am excited to try something a little denser. Are you considering coming out with a eyebrow brush?

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    August 20, 2015 at 7:18 am

I need another eye shadow brush like I need another hole in my head. But I want it! And I’ll definitely be checking out your sponge when it’s time to replace my current Beauty Blender.

Question: how do you store your double ended brushes? I generally store my brushes in a a couple of vases/jars and I don’t have a good place to put a double ended brush.

August 20, 2015 at 7:29 pm

I have the same question! I’ve always shied away from double-ended brushes since I also store mine in a short vase. I had to have these brushes though, and now I’m trying to figure out how I will store them. Maybe laying in a “pencil case” type of container??

August 21, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Same question over here! It just kind of skeeves me out storing my double ended brushes with one side down! I have one double ended brush that I don’t store upright with all my others and it just ends up laying across my vanity, which drives me nuts because it always rolls off. What am I missing??

Brittany B
    August 20, 2015 at 7:21 am

Can you tell me the length of the them. I have your HAC pack and original brush …my only complaint was that the brush was toolong to carry with me, on days when I would need a touch up. I didn’t fit in either of my cosmetic bags. Are these any shorter? If not in you “spare time” maybe you could develop a travel version perhaps where the ends slide into the handle so it would also keep the bristles safe 🙂 Just an idea. Great job on the new brushes, especially the sponge

August 20, 2015 at 8:30 am

Just wanted to say that the font is lots better today. Thank you!!

Elise Richard
    August 20, 2015 at 9:31 am

Love love love this! Can’t wait to try. 🙂

August 20, 2015 at 10:26 am

Ah! That cotton candy pink colour is the cutest! I just ordered the beauty blender on eBay, was ‘only’ 15 euros including shipping.

August 20, 2015 at 10:49 am

I’m SO excited about the 30 Second HAC brush! I’ve never quite gotten the hang of the first one for highlighting and usually use a different brush for that. This looks perfect! I’d love to see a video of it in action!

August 20, 2015 at 11:10 am

Hi, there. I’m just curious how long it takes for your makeup products to ship in the US. I have a wedding coming up and have been reading wonderful reviews of your products, I’m just worried they won’t arrive in time (early Sept).

August 21, 2015 at 10:15 pm

I received mine in about a week after placing the order. (Saturday night, received the following Friday)

August 20, 2015 at 11:38 am

This is the first time I’ve commented on a Maskcara post following close to two years of obsessive daily checking. Just wanted to give a huge A+ to your customer service department for taking my issue with purchasing a refill on my contour/highlighter colours so kindly AND going above and beyond by making it up to me by adding the sponge into my order! I was a little surprised and wondered, “Maskcara has their own beauty blender now?!?!?!? DID I SOMEHOW MISS THIS POST?” so I’m so stoked to try it! Thanks Cara for being a wonderful ray of makeup light in the beauty world!

August 20, 2015 at 11:56 am

Is there a video showing the new tools in action?

August 20, 2015 at 12:41 pm

ummmm…got to try that

August 20, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Your take on the beauty blender looks good, loving the colour xo

Emily |

August 20, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Can’t wait for my brushes to arrive! I recently discovered your blog and now I own basically all your products including the new tools! I’m loving my new look with the IIID, but I still have one question I can’t seem to find an answer to.
    My skin is fairly even, but I can see my bare skin in the “blank” spaces between where the highlight and contour go. When I blend really well it looks OK, but do you start with something to even out your face first? Or should the contour and highlight places end up blending together enough that it covers the entire face?

August 21, 2015 at 2:42 pm

I’m a huge fan of your work and really want to try your HAC palette. Just a bit unsure what colour to get? I’m sure I’ll figure it out lol ❤️

Julie Abra Fischer
    August 23, 2015 at 10:53 am

What exciting news! I love two-sided brushes, so the form and design of the I Shadow Everything Brush looks so wonderful.

August 23, 2015 at 11:44 am

Is the I shadow brush synthetic or natural

August 24, 2015 at 4:27 pm

These look amazing!! I can’t wait to try them!

Cojo Graab
    August 31, 2015 at 9:27 am

They look just stunning! I need some new, good makeup brushes and I think you helped me to make my choice:)

September 1, 2015 at 12:43 am

it looks like amazing tool! should try this!

October 14, 2015 at 2:28 pm

When will you be having your next sale?! I was so sad when I realized I missed the one you held last week and I want all your new tools! Love your makeup and thank you for all you do! 🙂

June 15, 2016 at 12:37 am

I love the format and texture of the brushes! I’m a fan! But the first time I washed mine metal fell right off the wood. Any recommendations on what glue I should use to put them back together? (This only happened with the foundation brush, not the eyeshadow…) I haven’t been able to use them for forever, because I keep forgetting to fix them! Thanks!