Outfits lately

I used to always spend my splurges on my pants. It just seemed like the right thing to do. Expensive shirts – especially expensive tees – seemed like such a waste.
I don’t really know what or why I had a change of heart. Maybe it was the way my cheap shirts would warp or turn into tissue paper after one wash. Maybe it was the hourds of cute jeans I found at H&M & Target for under $40 bucks. Maybe it was the fact that my legs are kind of easy to please but my middle needs some special attention. Maybe it’s the fact that the older I get the less I want trendy pieces and the more I want classics I can re-wear and re-wear. Or perhaps it was the fact that every shirt I find ever is too see through.

Likely, a mix of all these things. At any rate. That’s how I’ve been allotting my budget these days and I’m loving it.

9V9A9632 copy

Top: Free People
Shorts: Target
Shoes: Sold out 🙁 Similar
Flower Temp Tat: Tattoorary

Also, I’ve been looking for a flattering non-see through white shirt FOREVER. I was starting to believe that was a thing of the past until I found this one. It’s not completely opaque but it’s soo much more so that any other I have found. Also the neckline is just wide and deep enough to look flattering and not be showing my entire chest with one pull of Billy’s fists.

Tee: Free People FOR SALE TODAY at MACY’S! HERE (thanks Savannah for the tip!)
Jeans: Abercrombie
Ring: Etsy
Shoes: Forever21 (sold out)

Hope you guys are having a great week!

Jenny C
    August 13, 2015 at 3:50 am

I’m obsessed with the Liz Lemon white tee from elizabethandclarke.com !! It is my new white staple. Flattering and almost completely opaque. Easy to dress up or down!

August 13, 2015 at 6:47 am

love the tops! Love your tattoo is it permanent or a temporary one? Either way its very fun!

August 13, 2015 at 8:05 am

It’s a temporary from the Etsy shop Tattoorary. She has some beautiful designs!

Meri Waldron
    August 13, 2015 at 6:51 am

That ring! What Etsy store? Have a super day 🙂

August 13, 2015 at 8:38 am

Wow that is such a great white t! I’ve been looking for one for a long time, and I’ll definitely have to check that out!

Mary Kate

August 13, 2015 at 8:46 am

If you’re looking for a non-see-through white tank that’s just thick enough to cover little bulges (basically, the holy grail of tanks), American Giant has the best! Good price point too:)

August 13, 2015 at 8:49 am

You look amazing! I’m loving your hair lately! 🙂

Rhiana Moussa
    August 13, 2015 at 8:54 am

Love those sandals! Where are they from?

August 13, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Have you ever tried Everlane for tee shirts? I’ve heard good things about them.

Rachelle Reese
      August 14, 2015 at 10:54 am

I just got my first order from Everlane a couple weeks ago! I love the fabric and the fit (I sized down a bit from what they recommend because I like them more fitted).One of the tees had a tiny hole and as soon as I contacted them about it they shipped me a new one! Amazing customer service. Plus, the prices aren’t much more than you’d pay somewhere like Gap and they use high quality materials and ethical factories.

August 13, 2015 at 12:06 pm

My gosh, I completely understand your frustration at having things be see through. I literally tried on a $100.00 dress yesterday to find that there was no way that I would be able to even think about wearing it without a majorly opaque slip. It’s so ridiculous!

Tiana xx // alwaysneedher.com

August 13, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Talk to me about your temporary tattoo! I ordered some but haven’t used them yet. Did you love it? Any tips?

August 13, 2015 at 7:14 pm

My search for the perfect white t-shirt ended with the Everlane v-neck because it doesn’t cling. Also, when I saw your shorts I immediately read your FAQ to see if you’re LDS. I am too!

Allison Velez
    August 14, 2015 at 9:05 am

Jcrew vintage tees are awesome!!!! My favorite white t!!! 🙂

Savannah Paige
    August 14, 2015 at 9:27 am

I am loving Free People lately too…really great casual comfy and roomy without being sloppy….all good things! The white T-shirt (and lots of other colors) is on sale today and tomorrow at Macys for $34 🙂

leticia justus
    August 14, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Cara , LOVE the new look and feel of your Blog !

August 14, 2015 at 9:14 pm

I love the new look of your blog 🙂 And I also love your style! You are a classic beauty 🙂

Simply Rachel Nicole

Annie Wilson
    August 15, 2015 at 7:55 am

Cara, you look SO MUCH like Adriana Lima here! I know how much you love her so I thought you’d like to know 🙂

Also, if you haven’t tried anything from Fabletics, I highly recommend their tshirts. So flattering and comfy!

Jacqueline R
    August 15, 2015 at 9:36 am

Love the new website design!! Looks fabulous 🙂 For a moment i was scared that I’d typed in the web address wrong. Great choice!

August 16, 2015 at 3:00 pm

The new font you are using is quite small and could stand to be somewhat bolder. Overall design is a winner though.

Jessica Walter
    August 20, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Target has the best tshirts for $12.99. They are so soft and flowy and come in a variety of colors!!