Friday Favorites Uncategorized

Friday Favorites

A few weeks ago I was incredibly honored to be interviewed on a blog called “One portrait of Us”  It’s a site that interviews various people of all kinds. She asks really meaningful (and kind) questions that take a lot of thought and soul searching to answer. Here is a little excerpt from our interview:

Plain and simple, you help women feel beautiful, you help them discover (or rediscover) their beauty through the art of make up, and you help them feel confident about who they are. I know that is more of a statement than a question, but I just want you to tell us about the ability (and talent) you have to do that. To see beauty where it is not often seen, to rescue the confidence and strength of all types of women.
I guess I can’t really take credit for it. I think we are born with certain gifts in life and one that I am most grateful for is my eye for beauty. In women more than anything. Nick is always joking that nothing impresses me because he’s always pointing out cool buildings or gorgeous views and I do think they are cool but he’s right, I don’t really go gaga over them. It’s people that have always been my focus. Beautiful faces, beautiful souls. I think maybe it’s that simple. I genuinely believe that every women is beautiful. Through and through. It’s not an act. It’s not just something to say. It’s true. And when someone truly, sincerely and completely believes something and they share it with you, it’s kind of hard to not catch their passion a bit.

To read the rest of the interview and many other really cool “portraits” of people from all different walks of life go HERE.

I just barely got back from NYC where I filmed a couple of fun tutorials with Redken! Here is one of them. It was really fun working with the amazing hair stylists and makeup artists there. I tried to be nosey and figure ask a lot of questions so I could glean some tips for you guys.

One of the makeup artists was showing me his favorite products. He loves these Armani Cream shadows and swears they don’t crease. I played with them a bit and they were very pigmented and blendable and I even in the major humidity I didn’t have any creasing! The colors were all stunning but the Minuit was my favorite, gorgeous smokey blue. The jade is pretty amazing also.

These ideas are genius!

I’m dying over these shoes...AHHH I wish they were just half the price:) Gonna try to find something similar in my price range.

Speaking of expensive things…remember when I really really wanted those Ray Bans and I finally got them for Christmas cause I convinced Nick that I would not ever under any circumstances and for any reason lose them?
I lost ’em. 🙈
Left them on the airplane….curse those sneaky seat pockets!
So….it’s back to the cheapies for me. I like this pair.

Love you guys! Hope you have a fun weekend!
Sorry this week was a little sparse, New York kind of took over my week. It’s like that:)

rhonda shaw
    July 10, 2015 at 4:35 am

If you call the airline and tell them what flight they will send you your glasses. My friend left her computer and it was no problem.

July 10, 2015 at 6:35 am

I think you have such a beautiful heart and soul. I read a lot of blogs, and no one comes off as genuine and kind as you do. You deserve every single success you’ve experienced and more, and I’m certain you’ll only continue to go up, up, up from here (because that’s what happens to truly good people like you). Thanks for sharing that interview!

Shauna B
    July 10, 2015 at 7:25 am

I’m in the “not allowed to have expensive sunglasses” club too. Solidarity 😉

Jenny C
    July 10, 2015 at 7:36 am

I officially aged about 30 years last month when I bought one of those cords that attach to my ray bans so they hang on my neck when not in use. I look kinda dorky, but I put Rx lenses in them, so they were quite pricey. I went on a catamaran cruise for a week and that $5 investment was the best ever!

Eli m
    July 10, 2015 at 10:08 am

Cara, may I ask what extensions you’re wearing in the redken video? They look AMAZING!!!

July 10, 2015 at 11:22 am

About the sunglasses, it’s possible that if you call the airline then they will send you your sunglasses.

About the shoes, they seem very “you” – I think you should splurge for them if it won’t destroy your budget. Alternatively, try to get a coupon code or wait a few weeks until the end-of-summer sales begin – you might miss out on your size though (if it gets soldout) so this second strategy is risky.

July 10, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Redkin video:
    1. What did you use on your lips? Love the color!
    2. Is your hair seriously that long and thick now?? … Or was it enhanced with clip ins or a miracle product? I can’t believe it…

July 13, 2015 at 5:57 am

If you find a cheaper version of those shoes, please share! I’ve been listing over them since they came out!

July 23, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Cara, I just HAD to get those beautiful sunglasses from Forever 21! I ordered them & got a free gold headband. The sunglasses look awesome! I love them. Stylish extreme. 🙂 Thank you for the tips!!