Eyeshadow School Makeup

Green Smokey Eye

When I saw this gorgeous eye makeup on Lindsay Ellington at the I knew I had to recreate it! It’s been a while since I’ve done something super glam on myself. I’m usually doing the natural thing, so this was really fun. Whenever I caught myself in the mirror I was kind of thrown off:)

I love the hint of color in the smokey eye it really seemed to make my eyes look brighter and greener. It might be fun if you mix it up based on your own eye color trying blue if you have blue eyes or maybe a gold if you have brown.

What I used:

Started with Amazing Cosmetics Anti-aging Primer

I wanted this to be a high glam/full coverage look. So I started with a full coverage (Estee Lauder Doublewear) one color foundation and used the IIID  (sunlit + stone + shadow for my nose) over it for contouring and concealing.
It looks really pretty on camera (I’m always amazed how good heavy makeup looks behind the lens!) but I will warn you that Doublewear is no joke, it’s FULL coverage. It lasts really well. But it feels pretty heavy.

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer

MAC Brun

L’Oreal Voluminous Liner

Sunset & Noir from the Naturally pretty palette

Green liner

Ardell Lashes in 110 demi (for bottoms)

Maskcara Pink Grapefruit blush

Sebastian Lip Liner

Lip Tar in Hush

Maskcara Pearl Illuminator

Hope you guys are having a lovely week, love you!

Dani Fagan
    June 25, 2015 at 3:48 am

Coor, love this! Stunning and so much impact from something so subtle! Gorgeous x

June 25, 2015 at 9:16 am

You hit the nail on the head – “subtle” is the key word here! I completely agree with you – it’s just a pop of color, but it makes such a difference!

Rebecca H
    June 25, 2015 at 4:24 am

Cara what lashes did you use on your top lashes? The whole look is stunning!
    Beauty Wanderer

June 25, 2015 at 4:35 am

You look dashing, Cara! Did you apply mascara, or lashes to your top lashline? It looks more defined and darker in the video when you’re applying the Estee Lauder Foundation

Elise Richard
    June 25, 2015 at 6:21 am

This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Can not wait to try! 🙂

Mocha And Moccasins
    June 25, 2015 at 6:23 am

Loving the full coverage foundation. My skin could definitely use some of it right now. I like how you did this look with only a bit of emerald. It adds a nice pop of color without being too bold and overwhelming.

Monica / Mocha and Moccasins

June 25, 2015 at 6:25 am

really pretty! I wish the camera angle were a little different or maybe you looked up every now and then so we can get a better view of what’s going on =) Love this look on you — any color combo suggestions for us blue-eyed gals?

June 25, 2015 at 8:18 am

this look is gorgeous! I can’t wait to try it! I used to experiment with different colored liners and shadows but got lazy when I went to college. I’ll have to start experimenting again, I’m sure I have a green liner somewhere…

Meri Waldron
    June 25, 2015 at 8:28 am

love <3

June 25, 2015 at 9:38 am

I love this! Mega babe!!.

Alissa Hill
    June 25, 2015 at 9:57 am

I know this post is about the makeup but what I REALLY want to know is what color you’re using on your hair – it’s gorgeous! Am I allowed to ask? You’re beautiful and talented. I enjoy reading your blog every week.

June 25, 2015 at 10:14 am

I just purchased Estee Lauder Double Wear this week. I’ve been excited to try it for months for two reasons: 1- I’ll be working 12 hr shifts at a hospital soon and need staying power, 2- I have crazy skin coloring and rosacea. It’s funny because I don’t quite consider Double Wear to be full coverage since I have so many things to cover up, but someone with nicer looking skin like you does consider it full coverage (the double-wear line actually has another foundation with even more coverage!). In my opinion Double Wear is the lightest feeling and most natural looking “full coverage” foundation I have ever found, by miles! I always have a difficult time getting a good color match, due to my varying skin colors, and was super impressed with the large range of colors offered by this line. I think they have like 30 different colors, wow! I really want to go back for their BB cream. It looks really nice for summer and still appeared to have decent coverage when I was testing it at the counter. Thanks for this fun tutorial!

June 25, 2015 at 10:15 am

I’m OBSESSED with your hair in these photos! And this makeup look is BANGIN!!!! I need to do more smokey eyes in my life.

June 25, 2015 at 10:53 am

I love this look! I have light Amber/brown eyes and I’ve been looking for a look that has green but not too much green, this is perfect!

Ashley H
    June 25, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Gorgeous! I’m going out for my anniversary this weekend, I’m going to re-create it in blue to match my eyes 🙂

Ashley H
    June 25, 2015 at 1:01 pm

ALSO, forgot to add… your hair is AMAZING here, we need a tutorial!!!

June 25, 2015 at 1:57 pm

GORG!! Love this look and your hair is amazing too! So pretty <3

June 25, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Would love to know what color you wear in the double wear foundation!

June 25, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Giiirl, you so pretty. I have hazel eyes, I’ll have to try this. Love it!

Kristi Beth
    June 25, 2015 at 4:27 pm

So pretty! I love the green in the corners!

Kristi | Be Loverly

June 25, 2015 at 9:15 pm

You look stunning! The green is so gorgeous on you!!

June 25, 2015 at 9:46 pm

LOVE this look! It looks amazing on you!! Your hair is also on point. Could you pleaseeee do a video for a smoky look for blue eyed girls???

Friday Finds: Blizzards, Traveling and Soundtracks – Mocha and Moccasins
    June 26, 2015 at 7:21 am

[…] photo credit / 1 / 2 / 3 […]

June 26, 2015 at 12:09 pm

I absolutely love your videos and have learned so so much by watching them! I’ve gotten more adventurous and tried so many things I never thought I could do. Thank you for making them.

My one teeny tiny suggestion- the new background music is a bit screechy and makes it hard to follow you. I loved the music you used in the Christmas video you did with your oldest son. It was so bouncy and happy!

June 27, 2015 at 5:08 am

Yes, I agree this is a fabulous look!!! Am I the only one thrown off by the order of what you put on? Primer, eye make-up, brows, THEN rest of the face make-up, HAC, etc? I would ruin my eyebrow make-up if I did that! I’m just curious why you don’t do primer, make-up, THEN eyes, brows, HAC, etc. Hey, I’m totally game to give it a shot; I’m just curious. I personally don’t mind the angle so I can really see your eyelids better, but I’m not a heavy eye-liner gal. I think I put liner on my water line once and hated it. At the blush you said Dahlia but listed Pink Grapefruit. Just checking to be sure which it was. Guessing this look won’t be appropriate for tomorrow’s soccer game but I’ll try it out as soon as I can! Thanks for the great videos!!

June 27, 2015 at 5:18 am

P.S. I noticed the same thing in the Swiftest Challenge video. It started straight away with eye make-up. Did you put that on right over moisturizer? No primer? I have been trying to keep my make-up to one song on “rush” days. Sorry I didn’t get to do the challenge!

Weekend Reading Vol. 4 - Free Wills Studio
    June 27, 2015 at 5:59 pm

[…] 3  I thought this hanging mirror DIY was really great- so simple and chic! (Sugar & Cloth)  |  4  Isn’t this green smoky eye stunning? I think it’s a perfect way to look glam and still light and fresh for summer. (Maskcara) […]

June 28, 2015 at 4:32 pm

So pretty! I love what you did with the green!

xo maariasan.com

The #FWSBeautyChallenge is HERE!! Plus a BEAUTIFUL Giveaway for YOU! - Free Wills Studio
    June 29, 2015 at 7:49 pm

[…] this month into feeling beautiful. Whether it’s trying a cute summer braid or trying a green smoky eye, it’s all about taking pleasure in the process and celebrating feeling […]

July 3, 2015 at 1:49 am

so pretty!

July 3, 2015 at 9:27 pm

I want a hair tutorial for this look! Your hair is the perfect Sienna Miller done but not over done look! love it and the make up!

July 4, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Hey Cara, could you please do a post about what you are using these days as far as injectable fillers and Botox go? I know you’ve mentioned before that you had filler under your eyes — which erased your under eye ‘bags’ but I also see that you maybe are using Botox too now? It would be so helpful for us to know the reality of the little tricks that are out there to help us feel and look our best. I know you’re not shy and don’t care about hiding these things and I think a lot of your readers would love to know!

July 11, 2015 at 4:12 pm

This look is spectacular on you! Oh my heavens! Your eyes look so green and beautiful! definitely going to try this version with blue sometime.

Katie Prettyman
    July 22, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Just saw this for the first time.. FUN! I have hazel eyes and love a little green now and again. Thanks! 😉

July 23, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Tutorial on this hair style please!

August 11, 2015 at 11:10 am

I LOVE your hair in this tutorial!! Can you do one on how you styled your hair please?

August 18, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Another vote for a hair tutorial! Beautiful!

| BHG Style Spotters
    August 28, 2015 at 8:38 am

[…] not a fan of green, this look would also work with bright blue, navy, or teal options. Click here for the full […]

The Perfect Smokey Eye For Your Holiday Party - Beauty Sphere
    December 3, 2015 at 8:43 pm

[…] A well done smokey eye is my go-to look for any event. Regardless of your skin tone, eye colour, hair colour, etc. you can find a perfect shadow to give you that smokey evening glam. For brown eyes, stick to plum or bronze shades. Make your green eyes pop with purples and plums. Blue eyes stand out brown and gold shades. Hazel eyes are quite versatile and you can enhance them with plums, browns, and neutral shades. Regardless of the shade, the application is key! Beauty blogger Maskcara is a pro at this look and has a great tutorial that will teach you the technique to the perfect smokey eye: Click here for Maskcara’s smokey eye tutorial […]

7 Enchanting makeup looks to easily copy from star beauty bloggers - Snap Tips!
    December 16, 2015 at 1:12 pm