Before & Afters Makeup

Makeover Monday: Day to Night

OK. I have to tell you last week when you gave me suggestions for makeovers you kind of blew my mind. (and the amazing ones for shadow are still being tested, I’ll keep you apprized on the results!)
I wasn’t even out of bed yet and I was already FILLED with excitement over new ways to make the makeover fun. So, THANK YOU! I will be incorporating a lot of your amazing ideas in up coming posts!

One of the suggestions I had was to show a day and a night version for some of the makeovers. Great minds totally think alike.

Let me introduce you to Jorgan.

She’s a bonafide babe.
And a total sweetheart to boot.

Simple ways to add a little spice and take your look from every day to POW!

What I used:

IIID foundation in Medium (sunlit + walnut + pink grapefruit + Pearl)
Colour Pop shadow in Amaze all around the eye and up to the crease
A little bit of black eye liner tight lined in the upper lashes
Better than Sex Mascara
Lip Tar in Divine

To up the ante at night I:

Added some sexy black liquid liner (my FAVORITE) in a wing
Darkened & contoured the lips a little with some Sebastian Liner
I deepened the crease with a copper color on her eyes as well.
jorgan4 jorgan5

jorgab2 jorgan3

Photos by Jessica Janae

Love you guys!! Thanks so much for reading:)

June 16, 2015 at 2:49 am

These are one of my favorite posts to read! I love that night look is not overly dramatic but eyeliner still makes such a difference. Also love top she is wearing in night version

Miki Nyckel
    June 16, 2015 at 4:41 am

Aaaah she’s gorgeous!! What great looks on her! 😀

June 16, 2015 at 4:47 am

OMG she’s stunning! Love the winged liner look very 60’s on her

Rouge Radiant
    June 16, 2015 at 5:59 am

she reminds me of Brigitte Bardot. So pretty! Great job!

June 16, 2015 at 6:29 am

Cara I rarely see you set your foundation with a powder? If so can you recommend one that’s good for flash photography? Thanks … Amazing job as usual

June 16, 2015 at 10:03 am

I love this post! So helpful! I would also love to hear how her hair was done. It is beautiful in those loose curls

June 16, 2015 at 11:26 am

I need tips on tight lining and on using liquid eyeliner. I never can seen to get either of those right!

June 16, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Love her eyes. I can never get those wings symmetrical. I guess I just need more practice.
    What’s strobing?!? Is it worth learning how to do?

June 16, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Two words: THAT HAIR!! Beautiful job on the makeup, Cara! Love both looks! I love this new idea of day to night makeup, too!

June 16, 2015 at 1:21 pm

These girls are all naturally beautiful. Would like to see more ‘mature’ women make overs from time to time!

June 16, 2015 at 8:19 pm

She actually does those a lot! Read her archives. 🙂

June 16, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Love the day and night versions. I would love to see you do your celebrity tutorials again. I keep seeing this really awesome picture of Giselle B on Pinterest. She has very numeral makeup with very dewy, glowy skin and I can’t find a tutorial that gets the same results.

June 16, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Really, if I had such a great makeover as this one I would be smiling and looking happy about it!

Dahlia Dressler
    June 16, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Beautiful! Can you do a tutorial on how to do the winged liner?

June 16, 2015 at 5:36 pm

This is GORGEOUS! My ONLY thing is I wish she was smiling in at least one of the pictures!!!

June 16, 2015 at 7:08 pm

That’s my favorite Too Faced mascara. My favorite mascara period!

June 16, 2015 at 7:14 pm

By the way , I referenced your blog on my blog. I hope you don’t mind!

June 16, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Stunning, Cara! So, how many tickets & fines have you racked up giving people whip lash when they see the work you’ve done go walking down the street? Seriously, I’d like to know. 😉 I’d SO love a makeover from you!! And what a lucky girl to have those pillow lips! I’d have to buy them to get them. I wasn’t born with those babies. Waaaah!

Elizabeth Frank (@MissUSAHockey)
    June 16, 2015 at 8:52 pm

she’s stunning!

June 17, 2015 at 7:56 am

Wow! She’s soo beautiful…her makeup brings out all of her natural beauty. I do have to say though, from reading the above comments…we are not here to judge on why this beauty is not smiling, we are here to be inspired….keep the not so positive comments to yourselves . She’s gorgeous plain and simple, cara did an amazing job 😉

June 17, 2015 at 8:17 am

Erin, I made a comment about the model not smiling. Please don’t judge me for pointing out that she should smile so as to better highlight the great work that Cara does.

June 17, 2015 at 2:03 pm

What a beautiful look for a natural beauty, smile or not she looks flawless. Both looks are super clean, subtle and perfectly executed. Great job

June 17, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Love it! She looks fabulous!
    Alyssa | Glitter and Grey

June 19, 2015 at 2:04 pm

What a bombshell! She looks gorgeous, and very Brigitte Bardot.

Heather FS
    June 20, 2015 at 8:58 am

Really beautiful. Love how a couple little additions can take you into an evening look when you don’t have much time but want to look stunning. Also love your shady photo (the last one). Very artistic!

June 21, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Hi! I went to look for the Lip Tar color but didn’t see the color Divine. Is that the right name? Thanks!

June 22, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Check Amazon. Also there’s no way this is just Divine… Divine is a very opaque, bright orangy pink. I wish she noted what gloss she used.