And a Denim Jacket

I will admit it took me an awful long time to jump on the whole denim jacket band wagon. The memories of wearing a big bulky one in middle school were just too fresh… I needed time.
But once I finally found one that I liked + I liked the price of it proved to be a big enough reason to go for it.

Dress: Lulu’s (sold out:( Similar
Slip: Free People (this baby is AWESOME for layering under sheer things. It holds everything in and hides itself well)
Jacket: H&M

We are flying back from North Carolina today and I already miss it. Such beautiful weather, so much green and EVERYONE is nice. How does that happen? It’s wonderful. I planned to show you photos of the trip today but I dropped and SHATTERED my phone. I swore I’d get a case on it but…I didn’t. This is why I can’t/shouldn’t be trusted with nice things!

I also met up with one of my FAVORITE bloggers Kate from The Small Things Blog and I can’t wait to tell you all about that, so much fun!

Happy Hump day!

May 27, 2015 at 5:19 am

Such a wonderful romantic dress! Simply perfect with the denim jacket <3
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

Katy Lawson
    May 27, 2015 at 6:44 am

I want to get a couple things at H&M but we don’t have one near me. Do their things run pretty small or true to size?

North Carolina sounds so beautiful. I live in Texas currently and everything is flooding. I live up in the panhandle so the flooding isn’t as bad on my end because we were very dry and in a bad drought. It’s scary though a lot of areas have been flash flooded.

May 27, 2015 at 8:21 am

usually I size up with everything there but I didn’t with the jacket:)

May 27, 2015 at 7:09 am

I recently purchased the same jacket from H&M after searching high and low for one that I loved. I wear it everywhere and it was such a great price!

May 27, 2015 at 7:23 am

So pretty Cara and I love the dress!

May 27, 2015 at 7:59 am

I too have been hesitant to jump on the denim jacket train. The one I used to wear was so stiff! This one looks great though!

Alyssa | https://glitterandgrey.wordpress.com/

May 27, 2015 at 8:21 am

Hey Cara! I saw the other day a makeover with a red head with freckles and wanted to look at the products closer but now I can’t find it on here anywhere. Help!! 🙂 Thanks!

May 27, 2015 at 8:28 am

Yes! Thanks you !! For some reason, it just was not showing up. I had gone through all of the makeovers I could find. Thanks for your help!! I really want to try your makeup but am trying to decide which would be better. I am not really red headed but have a dark auburn hair with very fair skin and some freckles. I’d like to show the freckles on my nose and cheeks (I don’t have as many as this lady) but still cover up some discoloration. Would you recommend I try the Maskcara IIID or should I try what you did on this lady? I am just not sure. thanks!

May 27, 2015 at 8:31 am

I love the way you styled your jean jacket, it’s the perfect Spring piece! XO -Kim

May 27, 2015 at 8:57 am

I love this outfit! So summery! That dress is perfect. Can’t wait to see what you and Kate have been up to. 🙂

May 27, 2015 at 9:12 am

Two things: First, I *LOVE* that you & Kate are friends. My beauty blogging world is complete. Second, brava for wearing a slip. A necessity sadly too often overlooked these days.

May 27, 2015 at 9:44 am

you are amazing!!!! I absolutely love your blog nd still can’t believe I got to meet you at Jessicas workshop, makes it even more special to read your blog posts every week. thank you for being true t yourself and being so amazing!!!

May 27, 2015 at 11:45 am

Does the jean jacket fit (as in do the buttons do up) or do you buy it to not do up? I can never quite figure that one out when looking at jean jackets! thanks Cara!

May 27, 2015 at 11:46 am

Just noticed you were in NC! I live in Raleigh! What I would have given to have met up for a consult…*sigh! lol Well, I hope you enjoyed your time here! The slip that you wore in the photo, it seems long on the website but I cannot see it through the lace of the dress. Did you order a shorter length?

May 27, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Your dress is gorgeous and I love your jacket!!!

Kristi Craig
    May 27, 2015 at 3:01 pm

I haven’t worn a denim jacket in like fifteen years! It looks so cute though! Maybe I’ll have to add one to my wardrobe again!

Kristi | http://www.beloverly.com

May 27, 2015 at 3:48 pm

I hear you about the denim jacket thing! Just click onto Tiffany on YouTube and watch her music video of “I think we’re alone now”. I have a few great thin nicely fitted draped in at the waist denim jackets. I won’t wear oversized jean jackets or thick bulky ones. Nope. Won’t do it! Love your dress!! 🙂

May 27, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Thanks for your compliment to our lovely state, North Carolina. I’ve lived in other parts of the country, but none are as perfect as this. Mountains, beach, four seasons, and great people — they’ll have to blast me out with a cannon. Y’all come back!

May 27, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Beautiful dress! Love the combo!

May 27, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Yes! Love the denim jacket! As a 2nd teacher, it’s a staple in my wardrobe. I used to call it my mom jacket but now I think they’re totally in 🙂 It goes with almost any dress/skirt and looks so pretty on you!

May 27, 2015 at 8:39 pm

My husband fixes iPhones if you needed a good deal 😉

Kris&Jack Blog
    May 28, 2015 at 5:34 am

Hi Cara! Been a huge fan of yours for a long time and currently loving round two of IIID foundation (much more than the first version).
    I have looked at that slip by free people several times and have always wondered if it would ride up on me. Does it ride up when you walk? Thanks!
    Also would love for you to check out my blog I launched in Janurary (I gave you a shout out in one of my posts).

May 28, 2015 at 10:57 am

that is probably the one negative about it, it does ride up a bit but because it goes below the knees its usually ok for me. I find that the *tight* ones always do! CHECKING OUT YOUR BLOG RIGHT NOW! Sorry bout the caps, accident:)

Jessica Pierson
    May 28, 2015 at 12:09 pm

I LOVE THE SMALL THINGS BLOG!!!!!!!! Some SERIOUS awesomeness is going to come out of that meeting….. Can’t wait!!!

Sarah Reed
    May 28, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Did you take these pictures in a trailer park?? Haha I don’t know why I found that so funny. They look great and that dress is something I wish I could pull off without looking like a pioneer, you make it look so chic!

May 29, 2015 at 6:49 pm

I moved to Raleigh 10 years ago, and I love it. North Carolina is beautiful and the people are so friendly which really threw me when we first visited and then moved here.

I have that same Jean jacket and love it!!! It’s the perfect Summer jacket for cold nights.

Someone asked about HM sizing, I am a 0 or 00 at most U.S. Stores but wear a 2 at HM.

June 1, 2015 at 8:58 am

I found this dress this weekend at Maurices, it’s very similar to the one you’re wearing Cara. I actually thought it was the same one. Here is a link if anyone is interested 🙂
    As always Cara you look amazing and I still love your blog!

June 4, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Cara! I was in Target last night and bought one! I thought, you know, Cara rocks this, and I should too! It’s a Merona jacket, and was $10 off, making it only $20. Looks just like yours. Score! And thanks!!

toms shoes sale