Before & Afters Makeup

Mother’s Day Makeover Lisa

I feel like Lisa is one of those people that you meet once and you never forget. She has a 1000 watt smile and is ALWAYS using it! When we were taking the photos we tried and totally failed at getting a serious face, fittingly so because I would’t even recognize her without those pearly whites showing!
After struggling for years with infertility she was able to adopt the most beautiful daughter and soon after that found out she was pregnant with a miracle baby! You’l learn more about her and her equally as sweet sister in law who nominated her in the video. I’m pretty sure you’ll fall in love with them both like I did.

Work place warning (this should have been added to both previous posts!) tears are most likely going to be streaming down your face by the end:)

Foundation: IIID in Sunlit + Stone + Pink Grapefruit + Pearl
Lip: Liner Sebastian + MAC Japanese Maple
Brows: Black Liner + MAC Brun
Eyes: Black liner black Eyeshadow  (smudged with Brun)

I hope you guys are enjoying this series, I am LOVING it!

May 8, 2015 at 6:17 am

This is such a gorgeous story, & Lisa is absolutely gorgeous.
    Wow I nearly ended up in tears. I love simple stories like these. I feel like we need to appreciate the everyday heroes in our lives, not just the flying superheroes.
    Such an amazing miracle to hear that she was able to have her own child to accompany her adopted daughter.

May 8, 2015 at 6:32 am

Precious story, Cara, i have a question, I have noticed on most of these beautiful moms, you don’t appear to use shadow to contour,etc. Are you just using around the eyes to line and if so, do you think that brings the eyes out more than to “contour” highlight the eyes? I think it really makes the eyes look larger the way you are doing this and I would love to know the application technique? Happy Mother’s Day to you Cara, your soul shines as brightly as the mother’s you are featuring this week.

Emerald Earrings
    May 8, 2015 at 7:32 am

I have loved every one of these posts! So thankful for a place where we can celebrate each other’s warmth and beauty!

May 8, 2015 at 7:40 am

This is the most amazing and beautiful series you’ve ever done. I love it!

May 8, 2015 at 7:51 am

Sweet Cara, These women this week are the salt of the earth! Each of them has given us a glimpse into the breadth and depth of what pure love looks and feels like. In their own unique way they are a beautiful reminder of all that is truly valuable. Thank you Cara for this treasure trove of life’s greatest goodness ~ that because of love, the human spirit can shine bright as the sun to warm the whole world.

May 8, 2015 at 8:02 am

I love these makeovers. These ladies are beautiful on the outside, but most importantly, on the inside. Thanks for sharing!

May 8, 2015 at 8:49 am

Great job bringing out naturally beautiful features and this series is great! One thing I’m not loving is the OCC lip pencil you keep using on everyone. I totally get the whole neutral mauvey concept to define the lips, but it’s just standing out in a lot of these makeovers in an unflattering way. This is just my two cents! I think switching up the liner to something a lot more neutral would work better. It’s not a color everyone can just pick up and make work, like the other items in your suggested set.

May 8, 2015 at 9:33 am

I totally agree – it reads a little zombie/dead to me since it seems to be grayish pink. Not sure if it’s just in the photos, but agree it doesn’t work for everyone or maybe with a light lip.

May 8, 2015 at 8:35 pm

GORGEOUS makeover. Your work is always beautiful, Cara. I agree with the above opinions about the lips. I think a soft pink would have flattered her skin tone more, but I also wonder if maybe it just didn’t photograph very well and looked better in person.

May 8, 2015 at 8:40 pm

I just re-watched the video and her lips don’t look that shadowed. I am guessing it was just the lighting/shadowing in the still photograph that makes the lining look too heavy.

May 8, 2015 at 9:40 am

LOVE, thank you Cara for such an important and moving series

May 8, 2015 at 10:14 am

What a beautiful series- every video is making me cry! Happy Mother’s Day, Cara!

May 8, 2015 at 1:09 pm

What a beautiful sweet woman! I tested up several times. It’s amazing what you did with her eyes. We need to tutorial on that!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    May 8, 2015 at 1:55 pm

I absolutely love that you are doing this for all of these wonderful moms!

May 8, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Thank you Cara for sharing this. What a beautiful lady after coming from my second failed ivf I feel her struggle and an so happy things worked. She’s seemd like a stunning Perron inside and out. I hope you and all your families are happy

Erin @ One Particular Kitchen
    May 8, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I love this series so much! What beautiful women you find — in every meaning of the word. 🙂

Laura Wade
    May 9, 2015 at 7:36 am

Oh my gosh I don’t know if it’s pregnancy hormones or what, but i just watched all three of these videos and bawled like a baby!! You are such a sweet person, Cara! These women are so deserving and grateful to have had this fun experience with you- you have a heart of gold! My first baby is due tomorrow and I think it would be the ultimate Mother’s Day gift!! What would we do without our moms? Thank you for sharing!

May 9, 2015 at 9:06 am

I thought if I knew in advance it was a tear jerker I wouldn’t cry, but I did! I want to be just like Lisa! Cara, you and your team really do an amazing job showcasing the best in people. Bravo!

Ashley Flowers
    May 9, 2015 at 6:15 pm

What a gorgeous mama!

May 10, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Oh my goodness, absolutely stunning!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Linda Humphreys
    May 10, 2015 at 6:42 pm

This week has been so awesome to see each story! I have looked forward to every one of them and love the beautiful stories from each woman. What is amazing is the love of family that shows in each story.

May 11, 2015 at 10:05 am

Thanks for the morning cry. Cara, you seriously rock. What a beautiful thing to do for others. Bless your heart. ❤️

May 29, 2015 at 11:05 am