Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

I had a crazy day today. By evening Christian was kind of in a grouchy mood and Billy was fussy and my house was so messy it felt like it was caving in on us so we decided to go for a walk.
Can I just tell you?
The sun had just gone down behind the mountain, it couldn’t have been a degree below 75, the sky was pale pink and blue (my favorite color combo) and I just looked around and down at my boys and thought …does it get any better than this?
Even less than remarkable days can have perfect moments when I take the time to notice they’re happening.

I love something sweet and personalized to give to my mama’s on mother’s day.

This handwritten bracelet is beautiful! I love the idea of taking the end of a letter like they did in the main photo.
Also This saying + This necklace = double threat mother’s day giving that will make your siblings WISH they were as thoughtful and sweet as you are:)

This rebuttal to looking on the bright side cracked me up a little.

Whenever there’s nothing else in the house to eat…there’s always chicken in the freezer ( you know those big costco bags?) so I could really use some more ways to make those seem like I planned it that way! Here’s 10 good ones!

Have a good weekend guys!

May 1, 2015 at 1:31 am

you are the coolest!!! I wan tto be like you when I grow up!!!!

May 1, 2015 at 7:09 am

Nothing about makeup this week. Boo-hoo!

May 1, 2015 at 10:19 am

Oh no! I didn’t even realize that happened! So much makeup next week! Promise:)

Emerald Earrings
    May 1, 2015 at 8:18 am

I’ve never seen those handwriting bracelets before, in love!

Cecelia McGrath
    May 1, 2015 at 11:47 am

My kids and I use to take a walk after diner all the time. It was one of my most favorite times of the day. No thoughts of work or laundry or the other millions of things that had to be done. Just the four of us , perfection. Thanks for bring back such a sweet memory.

May 1, 2015 at 2:32 pm

I found a new skin care line that is about to explode . It will be featured on The Today Show, Vogue Magazine, just to name a few. I has hoping you would check it out. You can view my website at If you want in on this opportunity it’s ground level a new start up, or maybe someone you know could benefit. This is going to explode in a few short weeks. Whitney

Kate Kim
    May 1, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Hi Cara, I recognized a spike in our views from your page. Thank you so much for the kind remarks and praise 🙂 Please feel free to use the coupon code MINIMALISTLOVE for a 10% discount for you and all of your followers! Here is the link to our page
    Thanks again for your kindness and support 🙂 Keep up with the fantastic work.

May 2, 2015 at 12:00 am

Oh I love the chicken recipes! I’ve been looking for some good ones. I just got diagnosed with diabetes, so all of those aren’t doable, but some are. Thanks! Chicken seems to be the only thing my strictly vegan boyfriend doesn’t glare at me about. Haha.

I asked about your pineapple shoes on another post because I couldn’t find where you said you’d bought them. I feel like I’m harassing you, but where did you get them from?

May 2, 2015 at 5:20 am

Beautifully said…life isn’t perfect but it is wonderful. Thanks so much for the continued support. I’m so grateful! xoxo ~Melissa