Tip Tuesday: Get these jeans!

I noticed that my FAVORITE jeans were on a killer sale (40% off the already sale price!) so I thought I’d better share the goodness.

I mean, they have crochet patches in the knee holes…Does it get any better than that!?

Also..I might as well try my hardest to be sexy in the photos to show them off right? Right.

jan2015-168 jan2015-172 jan2015-176 jan2015-180

Photos by Jessica Janae

Jeans: AE
Top: Free People & Free People lace peeking through
Shoes: Chucks
Lipstick: MAC Japanese Maple

I’m laying in bed answering emails and putting this post together while watching Southern Charm. AKA trash reality TV. Because yes, I partake on occasion .…BUT GUYS! I have found a way to rationalize it!
The way I see it some people like a little drama in their lives from time to time (you know…mix things up a bit) so they can either create it (get mad about dumb stuff, gossip about their neighbors, etc) or they can get it out of their system by way of a little Bravo!
Obviously the better choice. It’s like a weekly lesson on what not to do! That can be valuable right!?
Of course, There’s always a third option of just not doing either of those but I’m ignoring that for the time being:)

Anyone else have any trash TV confessions they want to lay on me?
Cause I could use the company:)

April 28, 2015 at 4:42 am

I can’t believe I’m confessing this, but real housewives of orange county. Just the orange county one! They are glamorous, skinny, wealthy, etc., but their lives are so messed up. I too rationalize… It makes me grateful for the life I have!

R Liz
    April 28, 2015 at 4:44 am

Oh I love me some Southern Charm! I can’t get enough of watching Kathryn and Thomas’ relationship unfold (oh and Patricia’s crazy money!). Also, you look so stunning in these photos — the light lip with the cream top are amazing together and love your hair (no extensions, right? ).

April 28, 2015 at 4:50 am

I’m a total trash TV junkie! Sometimes after a long day, there is nothing better than watching something that you don’t have to think about! I embarrassingly love Keeping up with the Kardashians and the Real Housewives of NJ!

Carol Higdon
    April 28, 2015 at 5:14 am

I like all of the housewive shows!

April 28, 2015 at 5:56 am

I love this excuse! I am going to try it next time I have the remote.as

Kelly Trierweiler
    April 28, 2015 at 6:10 am

Bar Rescue ~ because I always feel smug about the cleanliness of my kitchen after watching one episode! And, did you know mushrooms can grow out of the walls of a walk-in cooler? #oyvey #dontwannaeatout

April 28, 2015 at 6:42 am

Well, I’ll only admit this here, but….. Vanderpump Rules. Best show on television. And I’ll be using your rationalization next time my husband teases me about my tv show choices! 🙂

Emily Fox
    April 28, 2015 at 7:01 am

Thanks, Cara!! I ordered up those awesome jeans just now 🙂 YAY!!

April 28, 2015 at 7:38 am

haha brilliantly deconstructed Sweet Bella….my guilty pleasure these days is the Outlander Series on Starz….visceral and immensely absorbing!!! My husband totally watches it with me, we sip whisky on ice and snuggle…HOT!

April 28, 2015 at 8:07 am

Guilty. I put on Keeping Up With the Kardashians when nothing else is on…and end up watching about 6 episodes. It’s great and awful all at the same time. Why do i Kare about the Kardashians?

p.s. those jeans look great on you!

The Busy Brunette
    April 28, 2015 at 8:12 am

LOVE those jeans. They look great on you, too!
    The Busy Brunette

April 28, 2015 at 8:13 am

Oh my goodness! You look just like Shania Twain in that second pic!! Which is a compliment of course 🙂 But you’re gorgeous all on your own, anyway!

Madeline @ Whitewall Collective
    April 28, 2015 at 9:12 am

I totally love Bravo, and my reasoning is similar. It’s my “new” soap opera (which I haven’t watched since the 90’s.) And it’s a nice look at what you might look like to the outside world if you partake in drama, trash talking, and other girl on girl crimes! Plus it’s just fun to check out and not take anything too seriously. I mean, who can actually sleep after watching CSI or something like that?!

Beth M.
    April 28, 2015 at 9:57 am

ummmmm….yah. sold out in every size except 00 &14. boo 🙁

Miranda Mataafa
    April 28, 2015 at 10:44 am

Sounds like I’m following suit with some of your other readers but I “enjoy” Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Okay, tangent coming up here but I have to agree 100% with your rationalization. I swear every girl who says “I hate drama” is always involved in drama or enjoys being surrounded by dramatic friends/situations. I don’t really make a point of saying “I hate drama” because that would be like having to say I like sleep – it’s just a given. SOOOOOO on that note, because life seems to throw enough curve balls without adding your own extra drama into it, watching others senseless drama seems to be a good de-stresser for me like, “well, at least I’m not THAT bad” right?

April 28, 2015 at 10:46 am

p.s. you look gorgeous

April 28, 2015 at 10:49 am

Your rationalization kills me since I use the same logic!! I have been going through some incredibly stressful life stuff so watching it helps me keep things in perspective. Either that or I say “it’s a ministry — Imma pray for them!” 😉

April 28, 2015 at 11:09 am

OMG. I was just saying the same thing about trashy tv the other day! Some of my guilty pleasures include: Shahs of Sunset, Vanderpump Rules, Don’t be Tardy, and Kardashians.

April 28, 2015 at 11:14 am

You look gorgeous in those photos!!
    As for trash TV…I’ve been caught watching any of the Real Housewives shows on more than a few occasions.

Ariana Raftopoulos
    April 28, 2015 at 11:25 am

I have that sweater in two colors. It is THE BEST!

Jennifer Nieczypor
    April 28, 2015 at 12:00 pm

That is all.

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    April 28, 2015 at 12:58 pm

You are totally rocking these jeans!

April 28, 2015 at 1:04 pm

I love me some Teen Mom. I used to be ashamed but now I fully admit it. You can’t watch heavy shows like House of Cards all the time!! Also, I just received my makeup and I’m loving it!

April 28, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Cara don’t even worry… so I work at this super serious research institute where my coworkers talk about the interesting stories they heard on NPR that morning or the fabulous feature on 60 Minutes… I’m a statistician so a lot of times these coworkers expect me to join in, or agree with them, but they look at me and I’m just like “I watched Toddlers and Tiaras last night and listened to Tay on the way to work…”

April 28, 2015 at 1:35 pm

My current trashiness is Kardashians (although I actually really like them and don’t think they are trashy), Botched, Married at First Sight (soooo fascinating), Donnie Loves Jennie along with Wahlburgers, and dare I say Mob Wives? These of course with the usual Greys Anatomy, Dateline, Voice, and Nashville. I have the same justification since my life isn’t nearly as dramatic or traumatic. Gotta get my drama fix!

April 28, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Your makeup looks INCREDIBLE in these photos. Absolutely beautiful.

April 28, 2015 at 1:48 pm

I have a question about the jeans – so on the site they say they are jeggings and my experience with jeggings are if they are thick then they are comfy and look great – but if they are too thing they just show every flaw and great fat bulges even where they don’t exist. What is your opinion of these? Thick enough to look good??

April 28, 2015 at 2:09 pm

definitely thick enough! I’m surprised they even call them jeggings! I would say stretchy jeans

April 28, 2015 at 1:53 pm

love the eye make up…can you share?

April 28, 2015 at 2:10 pm

I actually did a tutorial!! I’ll post soon:)

April 28, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I just wanted to say thank you for the tip on the Make Up Forever Mist & Fix setting spray. I didn’t think I could love your IIID foundation anymore but I do now. It works so perfectly with the spray, especially during allergy season when I am always itching my nose 🙂

April 28, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Cara, could we PLEASE get a tutorial for hair/makeup for these photos? Girl you are looking beautiful!

April 28, 2015 at 4:44 pm

You look like a supermodel…… but you don’t look like you’re trying to…. which then of course makes it even better!

April 28, 2015 at 5:40 pm

I LOVE Bravo! I swear, the real housewives of beverly hills are like my best friends. Whether they know it or not 😛

April 28, 2015 at 7:14 pm

What nail color is that? Love it

April 28, 2015 at 7:21 pm

I completely agree, I try to live as drama free as I can but I gotta have my Housewives.

April 28, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Southern Charm is the best reality show I’ve seen by far! Love the rationalization:)

April 28, 2015 at 10:55 pm

You said so, so I did! Looking forward to my new jeans 🙂

April 29, 2015 at 7:53 am

I already have all of this! My favorite shirt, bra and jeans. This is my daily wardrobe!!

April 29, 2015 at 1:07 pm

I miss the Hills, that was my favorite guilty TV pleasure. When MTV runs a marathon of reruns I get nothing done. The jeans look adorable on you Cara! Adorable pictures too.

April 29, 2015 at 7:54 pm

I went through a Jerseylicious phase . . . drove my husband crazy!

April 29, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Wedding dress shows… Also Hoarders. Oh TLC! 😉

April 30, 2015 at 5:17 am

Cara, you look amazing, as usual! And your rationalization of trashy TV is perfect and so true. I watch the Kardashians sometimes and on top of getting the drama out of my system, I’ve noticed that it also makes me crave salad. (Totally unheard of!) Have you ever noticed how they’re ALWAYS eating salads? It doesn’t matter whose house they’re hanging out in, if they’re eating lunch it will be salads in the same kind of plastic container every time. So then, of course, I want a salad. (I must be an advertiser’s dream because I’m so susceptible!) Whenever my hubs complains about me watching the show, I tell him that they’re “inspiring me to make healthier food choices” haha!

May 2, 2015 at 6:31 pm

🙂 You’re funny Cara! I was in the hospital for 17 days in February/March and then again for 8 days in late April having my enlarged gallbladder and some intestines removed and I found myself watching (Gasp!!) “Keeping up with the Kardashians” a few times. And I do not like that family, but very guiltily I did watch a bit of it. Every time anyone walked into my hospital room I changed the channel as fast as I could!! 🙂 I was embarrassed to be caught! Oy!! So don’t feel bad!! 😉 And I don’t mean to be mean about the Kardashian family, but well there it is. It was better than staring at the boring hospital walls or watching sports. 🙂

May 3, 2015 at 7:15 pm

So pretty Cara!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

July 28, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Where did get that cute sweater?