Friday Favorites

Friday FAvorites!

It’s funny. The experiences that look the coolest or most glamorous the most in my life are generally not the best ones actually. My happiest moments the ones where I felt truly content and at peace are just seemingly ordinary moments that wouldn’t really impress or entertain anyone.
My dad always used to tell me a story of how he and his friends once got a car up to 160mph (not sure the exact number…sorry dad!) he said afterward they talked about it for years. Always bringing it up in front of girls or patting each other on the back talking about how cool it was. He said the truth was none of them actually enjoyed the experience at all. They were scared and uncomfortable. It was dangerous and stupid and they all knew it.
He used that story to show me that just because something sounds or looks cool and attractive or fun doesn’t mean it actually is.

I posted these shoes on insta already but I thought I better give a link here as well. The most comfortable and cutest sandals I’ve owned in a long time. And don’t let the photos on the website fool you, they are much better looking in person!

Spinach and artichoke dip pasta. Could it get any better than that!?

These little hooded rompers are SO dang cute and easy on the wallet. I’m a huge fan of one pieces on babies, they just look so squeezable and cozy!

I feel like I could find a bunch of different ways to style this super cute emerald midi dress! It’s just screaming summer to me!

I love peanut butter everything + homemade granola give me major nostalgia (my mom used to make it when I was a kid) so this is a MUST MAKE

My brothers are often showing me funny stuff from the internets. I always think they’re hilarious but sometimes I feel like it would only be funny to us (you know siblings tend to get each others humor type thing) this video they showed me today had me rolling, more so the second or third time watching. I don’t know which camp it falls under (funny to us vs. funny to most) but I just had to share it just in case.

Hope you have a delightful weekend!

April 24, 2015 at 5:26 am

Thank you for sharing that anecdote, so true!

April 24, 2015 at 5:45 am

Hello Cara! I’ve been reading all kinds if reviews regarding hair chalk and I’m thinking that your opinion is the one I would really trust. Have you ever tried hair chalk?

April 24, 2015 at 6:15 am

Love the dress and granola with fruit and yogurt is my go to breakfast

Emily Fox
    April 24, 2015 at 9:05 am

Bahahahaha…the video…hahaha!!! Thanks, Cara! 🙂

April 24, 2015 at 9:22 am

so great. all of this. that video tho. ha! i ordered two pairs of those shoes, one in black and one in brown! i’ve been eyeing them forever and just finally went for it! (mostly because of how cute they look on your feet.) also, speaking of funny videos, have you ever seen Marcel the Shell?

Juanita Cedillo
    April 24, 2015 at 10:05 am

I cant see the granola recipe 🙁

Ginger Erin
    April 24, 2015 at 5:03 pm

I’m glad you showed your picture of those sandals, because they don’t look as bright on Target’s site. They’re adorbs! You have probably been asked this a million times, but where did you get your pineapple shoes from? If I’ve overlooked where you mentioned it, I’m sorry!

April 25, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Loving all of this. But “That’s what I love about Edgar Allen Poe: scientifically proven crows are crazy” is going to be in my head for a while! Hahahahahaa

April 26, 2015 at 3:11 pm

I love this. <3

R Liz
    April 26, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Oh my… i maslde that spinach and artichoke dip chicken dish and WOW! I’ve never done crack but this has gotta be as addictive! Thanks for sharing 🙂

April 27, 2015 at 4:02 am

I heart anything peanut butter, too. You could have just put an enormous jar of pb as your graphic and I would have understood what you had to say…. PB = Ordinary, Everyday Wonders = Happiest Moments 😉

Wear This | Target: Tameka Elastic Quarter Strap Sandals | Tif's Finds
    May 8, 2015 at 11:20 am

[…] be on your feet today and forever more. Don’t just take my word for it, Cara who is one of the most fashion forward humans I know, recommended them on her Friday Favorites! […]