Outfits

Blue check Boyfriend

Why do they never make plain shirts long enough?
Am I the only one who’s been wondering this for a while now?
Long shirts are the most comfortable (no awkward pulling down constantly), they are more versatile to a bunch of different bottoms (leggings I’m looking at you) and they are, for me at least, by far the most flattering.
I’ve been on the look out for a long, soft and washable one for a while now and I finally found one!
bluecheck bluecheck2 bluecheck3

Pants: Zara (old), Throw: Happy Habitat (gift) Necklace: Etsy, Photography: Janae Godfrey

I came across it at a Boutique in St. George called Blue Linen (it also comes in pink, tan & green) and they said they’d order as many as they could so give them a call:435-673-9999 if you want to get one for yourself:) Cost: $39

Hope you’re having a great day!
signature

49 Comments

Emily
    March 26, 2015 at 5:15 am

I order “tall” whenever an option. I am 5′ 8″ and tops nor pants are ever long enough for my liking.

Melissa
      March 26, 2015 at 9:52 am

I’m also a tall, Emily. I’m thrilled with the selection at Old Navy online, but I’d like some more variety. What other places do you shop?

Carol Higdon
    March 26, 2015 at 5:39 am

I really like that shirt and with the white leggings it looks so comfortable and cute! Cara you look good in everything, I just appreciate you sharing your tips with all of us! Thanks so much!

By the way I really like your make up line, I’m hooked!! Hope you have a great day!

March 27, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Hi Carol, Thank you so much that is so kind of you to say! I’m so glad you’re loving your IIID!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

dressingdallas
    March 26, 2015 at 5:43 am

Amen to that!!! I have a long torso, so I am always pulling down my button up shirts!! This shirt looks perfect though!

xoxo
    Lauren
    Dressing Dallas

March 27, 2015 at 5:06 pm

It’s so great! No tugging!

ckr1968
    March 26, 2015 at 6:05 am

Absolutely agree! Been so frustrated lately trying to find golf (polo) shirts that are longer. I guess men designing women’s shirts want to show off the butt so they make the shirt short enough. Very uncomfortable. We want shirts long as mens. I like tucking them in now and then but you can’t with most womens shirts.

March 27, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Haha that would be very sneaky of them! This one is perfect!

Allie
    March 26, 2015 at 6:37 am

Super cute! When you get a chance, can you do a post on minimizing red skin? I may be showing signs of rosacea and have been having trouble to not look red and overheated all of the time. Any help is appreciated! Love your blog!

March 27, 2015 at 5:21 pm

That’s a great idea! Thank you so much Allie!

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    March 26, 2015 at 7:10 am

I’m alway on the look out for tops that cover my bum (so I can wear them with leggings) but are still nursing compatible. 90% of the time if the shirt will button over my chest then it looks like a tent on the rest of me. It’s so frustrating.

I am jealous of Billy’s little outfit. I only get to see my guy’s chubby little legs during changes and baths. Stupid cold weather.

March 27, 2015 at 5:22 pm

It’s so tricky!! Aren’t chubby baby legs the best?! Hope things warm up for you soon!

LisaKay
    March 26, 2015 at 7:30 am

I am tall and I Concealed Carry, so long shirts are a must. Maurices has some long sleeved plaids and great washed solids right now for buy one, get one 50% off. They are a light, Rayon feel, so they drape well and do not look like a tent. I love the Chambray looking one and will wear them all summer as a Texas sun block.

March 27, 2015 at 5:23 pm

Thank you for the great tip Lisa! They sound divine!

Lynsey
    March 26, 2015 at 7:49 am

That is exactly why I started making my shirt extenders!! I could hardly ever find shirts long enough. I love wearing leggings but as a mother of three, I need the booty covered up! Check them out on my Etsy shop:-). http://www.kowgirllace.etsy.com

Tracie Carl
      March 26, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Oh my gosh! Why don’t you ship to Australia? :'(

Emerald Earrings
    March 26, 2015 at 7:56 am

Oh my goodness could Baby Billy be any more adorable? Makes me so baby hungry for when my little one gets here! I love your top too, so cute!

March 27, 2015 at 5:25 pm

I am so smitten with the little guy! Thank you so much!

Tiffany
    March 26, 2015 at 8:37 am

Cara, you look AMAZING! Billy is still very small and you look better than ever. Could you write a post on your exercise and eating habits? You’re an inspiration in everything you do!

March 27, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Thank you Tiffany that is so nice of you to say! Nursing always helps!

Bekah
    March 26, 2015 at 8:37 am

You, as per usual, look amazing. But baby thighs!!! So so cute!!

March 27, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Thank you Bekah! Baby thighs are the very best!!

Krista
    March 26, 2015 at 8:49 am

I’m with you…never can find shirts long enough. Specifically plaid shirts. Whyyyyyyyyy? So frustrating.

March 27, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Agreed! I was so exited to find this one!

Andrea
    March 26, 2015 at 10:18 am

You and your baby are both so gorgeous!

March 27, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Thank you so much Andrea! That is so sweet!

Kami
    March 26, 2015 at 10:50 am

Thank you. This is my biggest gripe, I swear every time I get a shirt it’s to short! I find myself saying how do tall people do it? I’m 5’6″ and they’re to short on me! Forget about me buying old navy unless it’s in tall tee’s.! I’ve bought so many that after one wash on cold/delicate they’re to darn short! In other words…..I hear ya sister!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    March 26, 2015 at 11:07 am

I 100% agree about regular shirts not being long enough! This shirt looks amazing on you!

March 27, 2015 at 5:39 pm

Thank you Rachel!

Wendy Kelly
    March 26, 2015 at 11:39 am

Just curious, what size did you order? Kind of wondering if I could wear this as a maternity shirt? Looks super comfy!1

March 27, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Hi Wendy! I got a Medium. I think it would work nicely! it’s so comfortable!

Frill
    March 26, 2015 at 11:57 am

I am loving this look!! It is so clean and effortless. Cute pics, too!

xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

March 27, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Thank you Sara!

Molly Gardner
    March 26, 2015 at 11:58 am

Billy just crushes my heart in every pic! He’s just too cute – his little face and those baby legs! This outfit is perfect also, so put together but relaxed looking. Love it!

March 27, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Thank you Molly! You’re so wonderful!

fig and the wasp
    March 26, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Completely agree! Living in leggings and long button-downs as I’m nursing and working towards fitting in my pre-pregnancy clothing.

bailey
    March 26, 2015 at 2:00 pm

I always wonder the same thing!! I love that shirt!

TJ
    March 26, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Hi Cara!
    Greetings from Eastern Europe. I love your blog!
    I was wondering what you’d have to say about thick eyebrows making faces look thinner. Is it true or doesn’t it apply to everyone?

Thanks in advance.

March 27, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Hi TJ! Thank you so much! I think a nice full brow definitely balances out any face! Hope you’re having a lovely Friday! Thanks for reading!

Krista
    March 26, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Looks uber comfy! And I totally know what you mean about long shirts – in my opinion, they should all be long enough to cover my butt!
    xo
    Krista

Katie Louise
    March 26, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Old Navy’s tall section kicks butt and is affordable.. I bought several sweaters and boyfriend plaids and LOVE them.. Their V-neck too!

mitchypoo
    March 27, 2015 at 1:06 am

Wow is your baby a cutie pie! He’s just precious! I love how you made something so simple look like a million bucks. I really love that top on you.

March 27, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Thank you so much!! You are so sweet!

reva
    March 27, 2015 at 6:13 pm

YES YES YES!!! As of being tall wasn’t hard enough, being a mom and getting up and off the ground constantly makes for me always yanking my shirt down and my pants up. I LOVE this option! And please, keep us informed about future discoveries, please!! I love your eye for style!

Lisa Linton
    March 27, 2015 at 9:59 pm

I LOVE your blog! So informational and you are so willing to “share your secrets”. Thank you for inspiring me to look better and be a better person! I wanted to inquire about your makeup service where you apply makeup to my face and help me choose the right color palette for my skin. I sent an email so I am anxiously awaiting your reply! Hope to hear from you soon!
    Lisa

kellysparklesandshoes
    March 29, 2015 at 6:03 pm

That shirt is AMAZING!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Habitat Parisien
    March 30, 2015 at 2:39 am

Gorgeous pictures! And we love your outfit! Come and meet our adventures in Paris at Paris Living

Maggie Dallospedale
    March 30, 2015 at 11:17 am

Hi Cara,
    Lovely photos!
    Kisses
    New post on Maggie Dallospedale Fashion blog

beloverlyblog
    April 1, 2015 at 10:39 pm

I’m always on the hunt for long tops! I have a long torso compared to my short legs, so it’s always a struggle to find them long enough without having to wear a long tank underneath. I love that top. So cute!

Kristi