Brow School Makeup

Fantasy Bachelor Brow over

Something happens when you share with the world your brow obsessions. The world shares their brow obsessions back.
I can’t tell you how many people have so kindly taken the time to draw my attention to the beautiful Carly from this seasons installment of The Bachelor (also known as, The Show Where 20 women date and fall in love with one dude and we all pretend it’s TOTALLY Ok and normal -insert side eye-)
Carly is a such gorgeous girl. I couldn’t help but want to reach through the telly and shape those brows of hers, so I decided to fulfill my needs by way of photoshop.

Isn’t it amazing how much her incredible eyes stand out with a little softening and lengthening to the arches?

We’ve all had shame in our brow game at some point, right?
I spent many a year with pencil thin blondies hovering over my eyes.
As exhibited in this photo of mostly my arm but also my brows (barely there), my sister and our gal pal Shania.
No big deal;)

Do you guys have any bad brow days you need to confess? #nojudgement

Liz Little
    February 17, 2015 at 5:12 am

Ahahaha!! Love it!!! Yes, they make all the difference!

Natalie Heather
    February 17, 2015 at 5:50 am

This is awesome! It really shows the importance of brows…

February 17, 2015 at 5:52 am

Oh, I had the Classic “shooting start” eyebrows for quite sometime… Your blog saved my eyebrow life!

February 17, 2015 at 5:51 am

It really bothered me to see her with those brows! What is your thought on tatooing to fill in the missing hairs due to being tweezer happy? (for those hairs who will never grow back?)

February 17, 2015 at 11:18 am

Wondering about the tattooing as well. Aside from over plucking as a teen, I also have a thyroid issue that causes my eyebrows not to grow in towards the outside edges. I fill them in everyday and I feel like it would be amazing to wake up with perfect brows already! lol

February 17, 2015 at 4:55 pm

I have mine tattooed on and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent on a beauty item. I absolutely love it. It’s really important to go to someone with great work and experience though because it has the potential to go awry! As a cosmetologist, I have seen a lot of bad brow tatooes as well…

February 17, 2015 at 5:57 am

You did this in such a classy, non-judgmental way! And yes! I’ve had some brow shame….I have very thick, bushy brows and up until a couple of years ago I didn’t even shape them. Then a friend gently suggested I do so…and wow what a difference! Can’t believe I went so many years looking like Bert from Sesame Street LOL.

February 17, 2015 at 6:12 am

Thank you! Hahaha! I say to my husband every week how much her brows bother me. Mine are not perfect by any means, so I shouldn’t judge. But I really liked her so I really paid attention to her and I just couldn’t help but mentally draw her brows in when I watched her talk. I just recently said to him, “this would really bug one of the girls who’s blog I read”…meaning you! So to wake up and read this post was hilarious! ! No offense to Carly though cause I really did like the way she told it like it is about Brit. So funny!

February 17, 2015 at 6:14 am

She looks great, and if all the team Carly fans get their way with her becoming the next Bachelorette, the shows glam squad should tab your fabulous work!

February 17, 2015 at 6:18 am

According to Carly’s Instagram, she has a thyroid condition where her brow hair has not grown in ten years! Apparently people have taken to Twitter/Instagram to give her a hard time about her brows, but she just jokes right back with them. She seems like such a cool girl!

February 17, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Hmm… Interesting. I thought my thinning brows were just a natural part of aging (I’m 33), but now I’m wondering if my thyroid issues are the culprit.

Jessica @ wearitforless
    February 17, 2015 at 6:32 am

I love this! When I went to college my roommate had a come to Jesus with me about my eyebrows. She helped me fix them and I am so thankful to this day. 🙂

February 17, 2015 at 6:45 am

You could post one of these every hour and I would never tire of it!

February 17, 2015 at 7:14 am

I have never done anything to my brows- Do not know where to start. To scared to have someone do them for fear I will not have any left 🙁

February 18, 2015 at 12:31 pm

I am right there with you!

February 18, 2015 at 4:04 pm

If you’re a brow virgin, go to a salon that specializes in brow shaping. You should be able to google/yelp to find one near you, especially if you’re in a city. I’m in Seattle and there’s a gal that, while expensive, does God’s work with brows. DO NOT go to some random, janky ass corner nail shop!

Jen Rich
    February 17, 2015 at 7:36 am

Love it- I can’t believe you didn’t add a little more lip for her as well 🙂

February 17, 2015 at 7:40 am

I naturally have super sparse eyebrows and ever since I started filling them in a year ago I am addicted! It is definitely one of my makeup necessities now!

XO, k |

February 17, 2015 at 7:46 am

I totally and utterly cringe when I look back to photos from last summer and the godawful thin brows I had – they’ve ruined all the photos from a friend’s lovely wedding day haha! If only someone had told me! Brows are disgustingly important it seems, this post did make me laugh!

February 17, 2015 at 7:52 am

well I’ve got those barely there blondies with nothing to work with. am I hopeless? 🙁

Emerald Earrings
    February 17, 2015 at 7:54 am

hahahaha oh my goodness Cara! A few years have done you well 🙂

February 17, 2015 at 8:14 am

Love her! She should definitely be the next bachelorette. However yes, her brows do need some love. and maybe her extensions. But hey, ain’t nobody perfect. Carly for Bachelorette!!!! xoxo

Summer Ann
    February 17, 2015 at 8:34 am

Yes!! I had super thin brows that I bleached blonde (because for some reason I thought they needed to match my bleached hair). I look back at the pics and am horrified. Not a good look.

Summer Ann

February 17, 2015 at 8:36 am

I never overplucked, which is amazing as I was a teenager in the early-mid 90s and Drew Barrymore’s teensy skinny arches were everywhere. But my greater sin was not plucking AT ALL, so all photos of me until I was about 22 feature me with my kinda scraggly overgrown brows, even when I’m otherwise in ok makeup (was any 90s makeup really ok? Discuss). Sigh.

February 17, 2015 at 7:05 pm

I LOVE 90s make up! Well maybe not all of it but at least the girls on Friends had it goin on! And I say scraggly brows are better than the thin ones so I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think!

February 17, 2015 at 8:36 am

Wow! Cara, last night while watching I noticed how bad her brows were and indeed thought of you coming to her rescue!!

February 17, 2015 at 8:38 am

Carly is gorgeous and your virtual brow makeover really made her even more so!

February 17, 2015 at 8:47 am

I didn’t have thin brows in fact, when I look at old picks, what you first notice are brows! Not a unibrow…I knew how to pluck, but my grams said don’t pluck too much or they might not grow back! So it took me years…I saw an Oprah episode about 15 years ago I guess where a makeup artist taught about brow shaping! Thank you, Oprah! Haha. Now, I’m learning a ton from you about highlighting and contouring. I wish I could get a makeover from you! 😉 Thanks, Cara!!

Katherine Willis
    February 17, 2015 at 9:02 am

Remember the early 90’s when both Drew Barimore and Charlise Theron had barely there 20’s style brows? I jumped on that bandwagon, made a television movie and realized, to my horror, as I watched myself on tv, how truly awful of a look it was. I would dig the tape out of a box and do a screen grab, but I think it might be best to let bad brows lie. : )

February 17, 2015 at 9:09 am

Great photoshop! How did you grow yours out/how did they get thin to begin with? suffering from same issue

February 17, 2015 at 9:25 am

I definitely over plucked and am still trying to grow them in years later ;/ I love full brows. I am watching the Bachelor and struggle with her brows too. She looks so much better with them more full. It seems to make everyone look more youthful and pulled together.

February 17, 2015 at 9:50 am

Yes! I have brow problem right now! Help me! I either get mine threaded or waxed (I’m the type with dark, course hair) because it’s a lot of work plucking out all those crazy hairs. But no matter how much I emphasize to the beautician I only want the ones out of place removed they still seam to take a whole layer off. My brows keep getting thinner and thinner and I can’t fill them in w/o it looking obvious! Please help!

February 17, 2015 at 6:50 pm

That’s so hard, I know exactly what you mean! My brow’s outer third would never grow in (also happened to a family member with a thyroid problem) but I found a product that helps stimulate natural hair growth from European Wax (it’s called Restore It, like $20 and it lasts forever) that uses grain proteins to stimulate growth in areas it already should be. It totally grew my brows back in!! Another solution could be tatoo, there are some awesome new cosmetic tattooing methods that can simulate powder texture or even individual hairs! (Soooo much more natural looking that a thick solid line). But I also recommend that you find a good estitician and keep with her for a bit, you’ll get way better results than you get in the nail salons and really can be about the same price. (Again I recommend European Wax if you’re in the US, they’re all over). Good luck!!

February 19, 2015 at 9:00 am

Some people use castor oil to regrow brows. It’s cheap enough to give it a shot. You can use it on eyelashes too!

February 17, 2015 at 9:55 am

HAHA! I about died when I opened your page this morning. I’ve been saying that about her the whole season so far…so much that my husband has taken to calling her “eyebrows” when we watch the show. I thought about taking a pic of her from the TV and redoing her brows myself. Good job Cara!

February 17, 2015 at 10:03 am

P.S. – We like Carly, not being mean ; )

February 17, 2015 at 10:04 am

You can do a brow makeover on me ANYTIME! I’m sure I could use it! (;

February 17, 2015 at 10:15 am

Haha! This is brilliant. 🙂 So many people have been talking about that poor girl’s eyebrows though. I’m hope she’s not too embarrassed now. I love how you’ve styled them here!

February 17, 2015 at 10:50 am

My god thank you for this. Every episode it’s all I can look at. It literally hurts my eyes. Though she’s a very beautiful girl.

Liz D
    February 17, 2015 at 11:00 am

I beg my brows to grow out everyday…the horror that the 90’s did to them. I’ve had mine tattoed over just so that they look fuller, and I still use MAC Brun over that. Still searching for the magic serum to help them grow back!

February 17, 2015 at 11:04 am

Oh my word, this made my day, I’ve been wanting to fix those babies since the season premiere!!
    Thank YOU!

February 17, 2015 at 11:05 am

Ok, agreed, the suffering is real.

So how do you fix brows with makeup? I have bleached blonde hair, my natural color is light/medium ash brown, what color should be eyebrows be? What do I use to fill them in? Pencil? I’ve tried powder, errr, not well.

February 17, 2015 at 11:14 am

THANK YOU!! Her brows have been driving me a little bonkers. 😉 I admit until I started following your blog, my eyebrows were a hot mess too. Glad I came around because brows really make such a huge difference!!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    February 17, 2015 at 11:38 am

I had pencil thin eyebrows when I was younger, and they were HORRIBLE! I seriously have no clue what I was thinking?! How could I possible think that looked good?! Haha anyways, live and learn I guess. Great job on her brows!

February 17, 2015 at 12:24 pm

You are the brow guru! She looks amazing with the added brow definition! I have noticed a trend of people really overdoing their brow enhancement. When you help someone with their brows they have always looked amazing and it looks natural. Maybe you could do a tutorial to help the heavy handed gals a bit?

February 17, 2015 at 12:49 pm

I must admit I had really thin brows in high school. You know it was bad when GUYS commented on it! Overplucking FTW.

Chelcey Tate (@chelceytate)
    February 17, 2015 at 2:07 pm

YES! Thank you! I just want to correct them every single time I watch a new episode!

Jennipher McElfresh Hulse
    February 17, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Just want to say, your sister looks just like Shania Twain in this pic! Remember her?

Dawn Shelton Connelly
    February 17, 2015 at 2:22 pm

THANK YOU for pointing out her eyebrows! GOOD GOLLY, they were driving me crazy! LOL
    she’s beautiful w/ her ‘new ones’.

Natalie S
    February 17, 2015 at 3:04 pm

I’m wondering if anyone else is feeling total frustration on the roll out of your products. I spent over $130 and now a shipping label has been created. I someone who ships inventory on a daily basis this is totally mis leading because it doesn’t mean product has shipped. We did not miss the preorder shipping date 2-4 weeks. You did. I’m so disappointed in the ordering process and the fact that reviews are not easily found despite the admitted problem over a week ago.

February 17, 2015 at 3:36 pm

I ordered my products the night of the launch. My shipment has just left Utah. 🙂 New product roll outs take time unfortunately! I am sure yours will be coming soon. Cant wait to get mine this week!

February 17, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Can’t say I blame you. The wait is killing me and I think the manufacture blew it but she couldn’t say it. Product launches do take time but her first Generation go around wasn’t this poorly rolled out. It’s hard when you pay up front and its been over 5 weeks. Hang in there we all feel your PAIN!

February 19, 2015 at 12:52 pm

I feel your pain to Kirsty!!! I am so sorry about the wait! It’s been KEEELING me too! All of the orders from the first few days of the launch have been out for days I have no way to make the post office go faster but TRUST ME if I could I would!

February 19, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Oh man! The weather is slowing things down AGAIN! so sorry thank you so much for your support!!!

Olivia P
      February 17, 2015 at 4:14 pm

I’d like to see reviews too. Can’t find any . Looking for tips once I get mine

February 17, 2015 at 5:43 pm

I feel your pain. After sending an email to the address in my order confirmation, a shipping label was finally printed on Friday, but my order still hasn’t shipped yet. I’m extremely disappointed with this process. I had hoped to have the makeup by the time the stuff I was using ran out, but at this point I doubt that’ll happen. Cara totally missed the mark on this, and I doubt I’ll ever try reordering. It’s just not reliable enough for the amount of $$ I’m shelling out.

February 18, 2015 at 3:14 pm

I don’t know why you’re so upset, it said it would SHIP (not arrive) in 2-4 weeks, and she stated that they were shipping last week (that’s 4 weeks, just like the website said). It’s makeup, it’s not that serious. It’ll be there soon, and if it’s even better than the first generation, than it will be worth the wait. Plus Mascara Cosmetics is a fairly new and small business have patience and a little compassion.

February 18, 2015 at 6:04 pm

No doubt its going to be another home run for Cara but, I think your a little off on your days by a week. My products still have not shipped according to the tracking information.. Shipping label was created 5 days ago. Upgraded the shipping and I’m 6 hours away. I ordered last generation and her amazing product was not rolled out like this. Ran out of medium and was told for almost a year it was on its way. Those that ordered the medium could be having a case of Post Traumatic Mascara Makeup Disorder. Some lucky shoppers got theirs weeks ago and having been calling it amazing. We are no doubt going to love it because she rocks and knows her stuff. Would hate for her to lose out on $$$ because people were upset. Clearly something went wrong because things do… Murphy’s Law, addressing the problem would have help those that are bitting their nails. My nails are gone but I’m still a supporter

February 19, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Thank you Katie! I’m truly sorry for the wait! I was late on sending out some of the orders by a few days and I take full responsibilty for my error it was COMPLETELY out of my hands but I am doing EVERYTHING I can to make up for it! I can’t tell you how much a sweet comment means to me:)

February 19, 2015 at 2:55 pm

No problem! You got my face, and I got your back 😉

February 19, 2015 at 9:03 am

I’m feeling it too. It shipped & was supposed to be here Tuesday & it shows a delay & that it just made it into my state. I’m a little worried about the integrity of the makeup since we’ve had record lows here.

February 19, 2015 at 12:48 pm

I am so sorry Natalie! I’m just seeing this right now, I’ve been crazy busy trying to get all of the blushes packed up! The reviews are up on the website they just don’t show up under the whole pack area. I’ve submitted this to my web designer to fix and I so wish I could do it myself but I have to wait on them to have the time to fix it unfortunately! I am so sad to hear that you are disappointed. I will do anything to make it up to you! Please shoot me an email at [email protected] with your order number so I can:)

February 17, 2015 at 3:21 pm

I’m totally dying to know if Shania is as gorgeous in-person as she looks in photos? She’s always been one of my faves. She’s just so beautiful, and she seems like she is down-to-earth. Spill it Cara, I need the Shania deets. 🙂 Oh, and a brow-makeover too while your at it! I’m pretty sure the 1980’s would like to have my eyebrows back.

February 17, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Cara, you are so darn sweet! Only you could point this out in such a sweet, classy way! This is why I love your blog. 🙂

February 17, 2015 at 4:23 pm

You saved my eyebrows when you did your post a few years ago on how to fill them properly. I think it was called brow school or something close to that, and it was a face changing moment. I had always plucked but never filled and now I look back at so many photos and wish I had started earlier. I don’t go anywhere without doing my eyebrows first. Even if I don’t wear any other makeup, my eyebrows are always filled. I have so many friends with eyebrows like the ones above and I want to fix them so bad!

February 17, 2015 at 5:02 pm

We call those the “anchovy eyebrows” in my family. My sister and I were both victims. In fact, my mother just called me this week to say she was dying over a photo she found of my sister when she “had a bowl cut and the anchovy eyebrows.” 😉

February 17, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Jaime Wilson Mitchell
    February 17, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Hi Cara! Just wondering if you do makeup for weddings? I’m from STG and my sis is getting married June 5, I would LOVE so much to get mine done with you! 🙂

Nicole Walker
    February 17, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Omg I laughted out loud reading this. What a difference a little brow shaping makes!

xoxo Nicole

February 18, 2015 at 12:11 pm

That is so funny because after this week’s episode I was thinking “I would love to see Britt in a soft nude lip and not such a BOLD eye!!…” Such a pretty girl who never really changed her look. Could you photoshop her too? 🙂

February 18, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Oh my goodness. This post could not have come at a more perfect time. I was talking with my mom about what we should do together on President’s Day & told her I thought we should go get our brows done. I proceeded to scold her for not using the Brow Whiz pencil I bought her FOR MOTHER’S DAY & she claimed she didn’t know how.

So I offered to show her. And then she got all defensive about her brows & I’m like “woah, mom. calm down. wanna see mine from just 3 years ago? [shows photo of self with full-on Betty Boop cartoon brows] there. No more feeling ashamed, just let me show you how it’s done & move on from there” …. But no, she still hasn’t let me show her how to use the Brow Whiz. Silly Mama. 😛 I should show her this post.

February 18, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Thank YOU for doing this!!!

Show Me Heart
    February 19, 2015 at 10:32 am

Brows are EVERYTHING!!! My sisters and I are obsessed!! Thank goodness for tint and shadow LOLz Loving your work! XX

February 19, 2015 at 1:49 pm

I am SO glad you did this! Every episode of that show I couldnt help but say ‘ she needs some brow help!’

February 19, 2015 at 4:58 pm

My question is… how do you add so much to the inside part of the brown (the end part above the bridge of the nose) and make it natural. When I do it, it looks so fake… ??

Hayley Larue
    February 20, 2015 at 12:27 am

I’ve been saying the exact same thing for weeks! haha. You seriously did wonders with her eyebrows. But yes, I, too, have had my fair share of bad eyebrow days. lol

Sara Black
    February 20, 2015 at 8:59 am

THANK YOU!! Have wanted to just fill those little guys in every time I see them. Glad I am not the only one 🙂

February 20, 2015 at 7:26 pm

You should check out Margot Robbie’s eyebrows – I saw her do an interview with Will Smith about their new movie and instantly thought of this blog!

February 22, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Oh my goodness, brows make such a difference!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

February 23, 2015 at 4:01 am

I was once so fed up with my big brows I used a razor to try and shape them, although this is many moons ago now the memory always comes back to haunt me!!

Oh well you live and you learn! I can proudly say that the only thing going near my brows now are tweezers. (And the occasional wax… Or thread I did try that once too)

Joy u.
    February 23, 2015 at 8:45 am

Thank you Cara! You just also validated what I was thinking watching her this season. She’s so cute and spunky and funny!!! I knew her brow shape wasn’t good but I didn’t know what I would do to fix them. That’s why you’re an expert and not me. Hopefully a pro from the production team helped her with this.

Sarah Boyd
    February 25, 2015 at 8:49 pm

I need your makeover too! Shania still looking young and beautiful.

August 15, 2015 at 9:34 am