Happy V Day!

My good friend Janae Godfrey (who is incredibly beautiful and talented) had a really fun photo shoot idea.

Using Pink smoke bombs.

I smelled like fireworks, stained my shirt pink and my eyes stung for the rest of the night but I gotta say…it was worth it:)
They turned out pretty dang cool!

vday  vday3 vday4

I still have NO CLUE what I’m gonna do for Nick. Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated!
I’d love to hear anything cute your guy has done for you, cause I just love love stories. I ask EVERY single married client how they met their husbands. It’s probably my favorite thing to hear about.
Have you read our love story? It’s pretty great…but I guess I’m a little biased:)

SPOILER ALERT (if you haven’t read it) Everyone always asks why Nick broke up with me. Trust me we’ve talked about it like a thousand times and the answer is pretty boring.
He always says he was just too immature for a healthy relationship.
I know that kind of sounds like a cop out but I think it’s true.
It seems to me what we look for when we’re dating is often at odds with what we want in a spouse.
Someone mysterious, aloof, gives us a chase and keeps us guessing… that’s all so exciting and fun when you’re dating but you want your life partner to be committed, devoted and honest.
Sometimes it takes a heart break or two to realize what you really want I suppose:)

Have a lovely Valentine’s Day! Love you guys!

Jennifer V. (@craftpatchblog)
    February 13, 2015 at 3:17 pm

A few years ago, we had a new baby, so we couldn’t really go anywhere. That didn’t stop my husband. He made me a beach in our living room! He covered the floor in plastic, spread out some sand, painted a beach scene on butcher paper, and hung bamboo bead curtains. We cranked the heater up, stuck our toes in the sand and drank sparkling cider and ate fresh pineapple. It was our own private island getaway!

Breanna C.
      February 13, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Well that is just the sweetest! your husband sounds so sweet!

February 13, 2015 at 3:21 pm

I bought my husband the Melt massage videos for Christmas because I hate giving massages, and he really loves them. They’re online video tutorials that are really well done, fun to watch, and tell you exactly what to do to give 5 minute, 15 minute, and 25 minute massages, step by step. And the guy’s Australian (and not bad to look at!), which makes learning more fun 🙂 And I think they’re on sale right now!

February 13, 2015 at 4:08 pm

When my husband and I were first dating, he had this huge bean bag chair that we could cuddle in, take naps in, or just chill in (of course their was smooching, but it was all PG, I swear!). We gave it away when we got married and I no longer felt a dark blue, GINORMOUS bean bag fit my idea of “making a house”. Several times over the last 10 years of marriage he has remarked about those being some of his favorite times, and how one day he’s going to get another one. This year, as I was racking my brain trying to come up with something, I suddenly remembered that bean bag chair. So he’s getting one 🙂 Point of the story, I guess, is to think back over times you’ve spent together that were special to him, and get him something that’s a reminder of that. I did, however, ask my husband about getting gifts for guys on Valentine’s Day, and he smiled and said, “All guys only want one thing on Valentine’s Day.” I’ll leave that to the imagination…

February 13, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Take your horny ass somewhere else. This is a post on sweet valentines day ideas. Not what your husband says when he wants to have sex.

February 13, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Wow, no need to be so harsh, Gwen!

February 13, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Calm down!

February 13, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Your comment was sweet, funny, and entirely appropriate. I’m saddened that somebody tried to make you feel bad about it.

February 13, 2015 at 7:00 pm

I love your post! It wasn’t crude and I think most of us reading Cara’s blog are grown “ass” women, so we can appreciate the humor in it :).
      I’m also sorry someone tried to make you feel bad about it.

February 14, 2015 at 4:47 am

That “Gwen” character is clearly a troll trying to get a rise out of people. I’m pretty sure every man out there has said something along those lines to their significant other so don’t worry about people that have nothing better to do than try to make internet strangers mad. Also I want one of those beanbags!

Breanna C.
    February 13, 2015 at 4:09 pm

Hey Cara! This is the coolest photo shoot! I am new to your blog and am loving it. I was reading reading one post where you mentioned that you are a natural blonde, but a brunette in your heart. I feel as if we are kindred spirits. I am a natural blonde, but being a brunette is my absolute favorite! Two things I don’t love about being brunette: the fact that nobody knows who I am because I look SO different…and the fact that my roots grow in quickly and I always look like I am balding. The STRUGGLE is REAL! I am currently blonde and always want to go back to the dark side.

Re: Valentines day for the husband. He prefers excursions to gifts. So tomorrow we are going to the beach since it will be 80 degrees. We have even done homemade gift cards or coupons for our favorite things(ie..this coupon entitles you to one beach day, frozen yogurt, massage, etc). This makes it feel more gift-like.

February 13, 2015 at 4:10 pm

I love your love story! It’s one of my favorite aside from my own.

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    February 13, 2015 at 4:17 pm

You look gorgeous, as always. What lipstick are you wearing? I miss lipstick. My kiddo is obsessed with grabbing my lips right now.

I’ll be home with a sick baby while my husband is at work. But he did buy me chocolates to eat while he’s gone.

We met at a Charity Ball (aka a dance in a gym) in college. It was to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina. I broke up with him after a few weeks. I was going through a lot and I just didn’t have the emotional energy to get into a relationship. We reconnected a few months later but we were “just friends.” We kept insisting we were “just friends” even when our other friends laughed in our faces. I think we were the last to know.

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    February 13, 2015 at 5:18 pm

When my husband and I were dating he made me the most delicious Cajun Chicken Alfredo that I have ever eaten! It was amazing, and I still beg him to make it for me every now and then 🙂

February 13, 2015 at 6:05 pm

This shoot is AMAZING!! Love, love, love it<3

Jessica @ wearitforless
    February 13, 2015 at 6:08 pm

That was an awesome idea! I love the photos. Happy Valentine’s Day!

February 13, 2015 at 6:28 pm

As for Valentine’s Day gifts for the man in your life, I think it’s important to think of what HIS love language is, and not just something that you’d like. Once you figure that out, it makes things much easier! I’m making a special treat for my guy (beer candied bacon, recipe found on Pinterest) and just spending time with him.

arnella kajtezovic
    February 13, 2015 at 6:36 pm

These photos are awesome! Looks like so much fun!

February 13, 2015 at 6:55 pm

LOVE this pink smoke bomb photo shoot! It came out so cool! Hey, Cara, where exactly did you get that I <3 NY baseball tee? Like you, I love me some baseball tees! Happy Valentines Day!

Jenn Foreman
    February 13, 2015 at 7:28 pm

I absolutely love doing my nails. It’s been an obsession for the last couple of years. I do them almost every night. Last year for Valentine’s Day my boyfriend made me a special bouquet of flowers. I found out that he spent his entire day off going to a few different stores just to get the right materials and I have to say they looked awesome! In the center of each one was a new bottle of OPI nail polish. It was so thoughtful, time consuming, and so specifically something that I would love! I will never forget it. He made me feel so special!

February 13, 2015 at 7:45 pm

If he was immature he was immature. I kind of understand. When my boyfriend and I first met, we hung out with each other a lot and knew we liked each other but we were at different places in life and parted ways and I thought that was that but 1.5yrs later we reconnected and now we’re going on 3.5 years 🙂

~ Carmen ~
    February 13, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Note to self: pink smoke bombs are worth the pain. Ha. As for Valentine’s Day, I say go to a brewery. That’d be pretty fun.

:] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

February 13, 2015 at 8:45 pm

My husband and I met back in high school. He was my best friend and we did everything together. Finally he asked me on a date and for a bit we dated and then I broke up with him. I was at the age where I wanted the bad boys And he was a great guy. Well bunch of bad relationships and 1 bad marriage later he finally told me that he had always been in love with me and wanted another chance I said yes right away. We shortly after moved in together, then 6 months later he asked me to marry him and a week later we found out we were expecting. I never would have been able to appreciate what a wonderful husband I have and amazing father to our son. The best part is not only did I marry I best friend but in our senior yearbook I wrote to him to get everything out of his system because I was going to marry him one day 🙂 that’s our love story

Nicole Walker
    February 14, 2015 at 6:19 am

Happy Valentine’s Day Cara! I loved reading your love story and the photo shoot came out so cool!

xoxo Nicole

February 14, 2015 at 6:51 am

What a fun idea for the photoshoot! Happy Valentine’s Day!

asde tan
    February 14, 2015 at 7:49 am

en iyi maskara markalarını ve ürünlerini yeni sitemiz buypasa.com adresinde bulabilirsiniz.

February 14, 2015 at 8:12 am

i broke up with my husband when we first start dating for a very similar reason. I’ve always explained it as being terrified that i knew i’d found something real and i didn’t think i was ready for it. it can be scary! and we were 18 and 19 when we met

February 14, 2015 at 9:09 am

I completely agree with what you said we look for when dating vs marriage. I was always trying to date one type of guy that I thought was the type best suited for me (basically me in a males version). Then I met my husband who is the exact opposite of what I was dating. But once I gave in to the idea, I was hooked for life!!

February 14, 2015 at 12:56 pm

We never do ‘V’ day, but my husband just brought home a mini jambox and downloaded ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ soundtrack, because he knows music is my favorite thing:) especially if I can dance to it!
    Hmmm…modern version of mixed tape?

February 14, 2015 at 2:11 pm

The photo of you with your sunglasses on with the pink clouding around you is stunning! Such a creative idea

February 14, 2015 at 5:18 pm

True love deserves as many chances as it needs. My old hair dresser taught me that one and to this day I believe that.

February 14, 2015 at 7:11 pm

What a fun idea for a photo shoot!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

February 14, 2015 at 8:15 pm

we took the kids and the dog to the beach (it was so hot) and I got his golf clubs lengthened (cuz I am incredibly romantic like that, although your man might think thats hot because I know he golfs. HAHA)

February 14, 2015 at 11:44 pm

I think I’m going to borrow this idea for our baby’s gender reveal photo.

Jen Harris
    February 16, 2015 at 9:07 am

These pics are so great!!!

February 16, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Just discovered your blog. Very nice!

February 16, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Love the pictures! The pink smoke bomb is awesome and I know this wasn’t the intent BUT all I can think is that those would be AWESOME for gender reveal parties assuming they also make them in blue!!

Habitat Parisien
    February 18, 2015 at 3:53 am

We really like your attitude and the pictures turned out gorgeous! Come and meet our adventures in Paris at http://habitatparisien.blogspot.fr

June 5, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Hello! I was wondering if you could tell me where you found the colored smoke?