Before & Afters Makeup

Makeover Monday: Jill

It was really lovely meeting Jill.
She is the mom of 4 girls that she spends most of her time taking care of so I was so excited for her to have a chance (however small) to take some time for herself:)
She’s so incredibly beautiful with her everyday routine already but was wanting to feel fresh and try something new.
I’m all about that.
jill

Products I used:
Skin: IIID Foundation in Sunlit + Stone + pink grapefruit + Shadow (on the nose) + Pearl
Brows: I plucked a bit under the brow to lift them up, which really draws your attention to her gorgeous eyes.
Then I filled with MAC Eyeshdaow in Brun
Eyes: Too Faced Chocolate Palette:
Cherry CordialΒ with small brush around the lash line of the eye.
Milk Chocolate to blend the outer liner.
Champagne Truffle on the brow bone and in the inner corner and inner half of her eyelid. With fluffy brush.
L’Oreal liner softly applied around lash line.
YSL Shocking mascara
Lips: OCC Sebastian Liner + MAC Creme Cup

Happy Monday!
signature

63 Comments

Eli m
    January 26, 2015 at 4:12 am

Just BEAUTIFUL!!! You are soooooooooo talented Cara! Can you please tell me what colors would look good on eyes that are so dark they almost look black? My eyes are so dark you can barely see the pupil! I always wonder what colors of shadow and liner would work for me? Thank you

January 26, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I LOVE dark brown eyes! I feel like since they are a neutral you can do ANYTHING. Most of the popular youtubes and what not seem to have dark eyes because they can pull of any look! Another thing to consider when picking eyeshadow colors though, is skin tone. It’s all about experimenting with different things to find your favs!

Agoprime
    January 26, 2015 at 5:05 am

WONDEFUL MAKE UP!!

January 28, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Thank you!

Patty
    January 26, 2015 at 6:05 am

Beautiful make up, but I would love for her to know that she is beautiful already with or without. However, sometimes it is nice to play around with make up, isn’t it?! πŸ™‚ Cheers

January 28, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Agreed she’s a beautiful woman!

Chrissy Z.
    January 26, 2015 at 6:11 am

She looks gorgeous in both! Love how those little changes make such difference! Beautiful!

January 28, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Thank you so much Chrissy!

Lauren
    January 26, 2015 at 6:41 am

Is there any way you could do a makeover/ tutorial on someone who has deep dark hereditary blue circles . I haven’t seen a makeover where you have someone with the deep blue eye circles on. I bought your first generation HAC pack but it didn’t work for me because of my dark circles so it would be nice to see you do a makeover on someone with the same problems as me so I can see how to remedy the problem but also to see if the new generation will work on me. Thank you so much

January 26, 2015 at 1:29 pm

I will find someone comparable for you! Thanks for the suggestion Lauren!

Betsy diFrancesca
    January 26, 2015 at 6:52 am

I love this makeover because you can see how subtle changes can make a big difference in softening her look! The slight contouring of the nose and the minimal plucking of her brows, and then filling in her brows with a slightly higher arch….the highlight under the eyes, soft pink blush and lip color all give her a youthful appearance. Granted, she is beautiful to begin with but I think she is stunning after her makeover!

January 28, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Thank you so much Betsy!

Kudzu
    January 26, 2015 at 7:27 am

Jill is a looker to start with, but the small touches you made resulted in a stunning look. Just lovely!

January 28, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Isn’t she beautiful?! Thank you!

Amy Williams (@Okiemama18)
    January 26, 2015 at 7:30 am

So very pretty! And she is by far the closest representation of my coloring, so now I know exactly which IIID combo I need.

January 28, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Yay! So excited for you to try it!

stefanie sombaty
    January 26, 2015 at 8:01 am

Yowza! I love how she looks natural and lit from within. You have an amazing talent for making everyone’s natural beauty show without making your clients look ” done up”. I see her and not the makeup. She’s luminescent.

January 28, 2015 at 2:19 pm

Thank you Stefanie! That’s so kind of you!

Ε½ivilΔ—
    January 26, 2015 at 8:01 am

Cara, you are absolutely amazing (and so is your beautiful model)! I love how all of your makeovers look not overdone, but just simply gorgeous. You are very inspiring make up artist I just can’t get enough of your posts! πŸ™‚ (Sorry for my bad English, I’m not a native speaker)

January 28, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Thank you so much for your sweet comment Zivile!

Emerald Earrings
    January 26, 2015 at 8:02 am

Is this her natural hair color? She has such a gorgeous complexion and her hair is so complimentary!

Summer Ann
    January 26, 2015 at 8:03 am

Her skin looks like it’s glowing. Great job as usual!!

XOXO,
    Summer Ann

Rachel S
    January 26, 2015 at 8:28 am

I love seeing the new Maskcara IIID products in action. Cara, will you have a place on your blog or on the makeup website where people can post reviews? I’m anxious to hear what other people think before I purchase all the products for myself. Everything looks so flawless in your photographs but it’s hard to tell how much of that is due to your expert application or good photography. I’d love to hear some real life reviews like you did the last time your makeup came out.

January 26, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Yes! I’m trying my best to keep the makeup store and the blog their own thing (for those who aren’t interested in the product but love the blog or vise vera) so I think it’s best to have the reviews exclusively on the makeup website! I’m excited to hear what everyone has to say too! Hoping they love it as much as I do!!

Marie
    January 26, 2015 at 9:35 am

Wow! You made her look too young to have 4 kids!

January 26, 2015 at 4:02 pm

hhahaa Thank you! I know she looks 20 huh!?

Tiffany
    January 26, 2015 at 9:50 am

Beautiful makeover (as always) and I love seeing you use your new foundation!

Just wondering, has anyone received their pre-orders, yet? I CANNOT WAIT!!! πŸ™‚

Lauren
      January 26, 2015 at 12:00 pm

seconded! any updates on shipping dates, cara?

January 26, 2015 at 1:00 pm

I know I’m so excited for you to have it too! We are getting the shipment process going this week so keep an eye out this week and next for your shipping confirmation!

Jessica @ wearitforless
    January 26, 2015 at 9:50 am

You are so talented! I wish you could do my makeup every morning. πŸ™‚

-Jessica

January 28, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Thank you Jessica!

Brianne
    January 26, 2015 at 10:23 am

Gorgeous! I cannot get my eyebrows to look like the after picture and mine resemble the before. I can’t seem to get the arch happening.

January 26, 2015 at 4:09 pm

try using the brow powder to go above the brow on the arch! it seems weird to fill where there isn’t actually any hair but it looks awesome!

Meggie
    January 26, 2015 at 10:29 am

What is the trick you did with the nose? It looks like some type of highlighter in a line down the center? Anyway, it makes her nose look more slender. I NEED THAT!!!

Lisa Scott Provost
      January 26, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Meggie, Cara bad be own cosmetics line that creates that awesome contour! It’s called IIID (like 3D), and she has some great videos explaining the process – but the best overview is probably the one on the cosmetics site: maskcaracosmetics.com. It’s like magic, isn’t it?? πŸ™‚

January 26, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Thanks so much Lisa! I also have a nose contouring video coming to explain that part in detail!

Audrey Brace
    January 26, 2015 at 10:37 am

She looks so bright-eyed and awake after the makeover, though she was stunning before as well. So much talent!
    xo
    Audrey
    LilacsAndCutoffs

January 28, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Thank you Audrey!

Kimberly
    January 26, 2015 at 10:40 am

Usually before and after makeovers are before with NO makeup and after with all the makeup. It’s fun seeing it like that, but I really love that this time the before was how she does her own makeup and the after is how you did it! She looks great in both, but Cara you definitely have an eye for enhancing everyone’s natural beauty and knowing just what features to bring out which ones to minimize. I always wear makeup no matter what so I’ve wondered what it would look like to get a makeover from you, I know you could make me look better, I’ve always dreamed of a side by side with the way I apply it and then you making me over so I could see what I need to change and what I could do better! Maybe if you’re ever in Salt Lake my dream could come true… πŸ™‚

Diane lahr
    January 26, 2015 at 10:47 am

Hi, great makeover. But I have a side question. Ordered your make up the week it can out, how long before I can expect shipment? Anxious to get it. Thanks.

January 28, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Melissa
    January 26, 2015 at 10:50 am

What concealer did you use for under her eyes? I need something for my dark circles.

January 28, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Hi Melissa! I only used the IIID foundation!

amylee
    January 26, 2015 at 10:57 am

How do decide who gets a makeover? My mom has always felt bad about her self. I try to show her how to bring out her natural beauty, but I am not very good at it. She needs a makeover and someone to teach her how to do her make-up.

Ludy Amezcua
    January 26, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Love this makeover! You can really see how the smallest changes have the biggest impact. Beautiful!

January 28, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Thank you Ludy!!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    January 26, 2015 at 1:16 pm

She looks so amazing Cara!!! I too want to know how you choose who gets makeover? I would love for my mom to get one!! And if I am being honest, I would love on too!!!!!

Rachel
    Blonde with a Chanse

Alisa
    January 26, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Wow, I need a makeover like that!! She is beautiful before, but you really brought out her gorgeousness!! I’m 46 and don’t know what the heck I’m doing when it comes to make up, lol!

Debbie
    January 26, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Beautiful!

NMMac
    January 26, 2015 at 5:30 pm

She looks like Katy Perry, and look at that beautiful long neck! I’d love to see her with a dramatic look as well. Great job as usual!

Meredith
    January 26, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Hi, I have been trying to find the Sebastian lip liner with out any luck. Do you know of a dupe?
    I really enjoy your blog!!!! And tutorials!!!
    Thanks

Tiffiny
    January 26, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Hi Cara! πŸ™‚ New to the blog and I love it!!! Do you happen to make/post videos for these makeovers? ( sorry if someone already asked or I missed them ) I have the same issues with hallows and tired looking eyes and would love to know how to help with that issue. She looks so beautiful before but so refreshed afterwards πŸ™‚ Great work!

Stacy
    January 27, 2015 at 9:34 am

What color of lip liner did you use?

January 28, 2015 at 5:54 pm

It’s OCC the color is Sebastian!

Stacy
        January 29, 2015 at 6:05 am

Oh! I see! Thanks!

Betsy diFrancesca
    January 27, 2015 at 1:22 pm

It says she used OCC Sebastian Liner.

Helen H.
    January 28, 2015 at 12:30 am

You are really amazing! I wish I could come have a makeover.

January 28, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Thank you Helen!

MariaBeckerRN
    January 28, 2015 at 10:39 pm

It looks beautiful. In my profession, I add filler/botox under that eyes for hollows or darkening so it is amazing to see the camouflage that can be accomplished simply using make up. Great job!

Lydia
    February 7, 2015 at 2:02 am

You are amazing with makeup! I’m going to be in Vegas this spring and would love to model for a Makeover Monday. Sent you an email, not sure if you got it or not. I know your a busy woman.

sarah
    February 7, 2015 at 11:18 pm

in the before pic she has a couple of faint furrow lines between the brows . Have they really disappeared purely with make up ?

February 9, 2015 at 10:07 am

Great question! The highlighting did under accentuate the slight creases in that area but for the most part, makeup cannot do that alone (where fine lines are concerned makeup is somewhat limited in what it can do). She must have had a slightly less furrowed brow in the second pic.

Adrienne
    May 20, 2017 at 11:49 am

I tried this look out today and absolutely love it. Thank you for providing details on products and technique. So very helpful!!!