Makeup Makeup Products

D Tails.

iid_foundation_details copy

Why did you choose Creme?
I love the way cremes look on the skin! Completely natural finish with build-able coverage. I especially like to use them with highlighting & contouring because they are SO easy to blend. The consistency also gives you tons of control so you can place it exactly where you want it.
The most important thing to keep in mind when using a creme is that you want to start with clean (exfoliated) & moisturized skin to get the best possible application.

What colors should I pick?
While it might seem a little overwhelming to pick 4 colors it’s actually quite simple!
I’ll break it down for you here but I’ll also be showing examples of women and what they wear to help you decide.
(I’ll be posting lots of these on instagram so be sure to follow along! @maskcaracosmetics)
Finally, if you’re still not sure, don’t stress too much. We can always exchange it if you don’t get it right the first time!

Blush
As far as the blush goes that’s just personal preference all three look beautiful on EVERYONE.
Dahlia: (similar to Shortcake from generation one) Is a hot pink that goes on looking fresh and bright.
Pink Grapefruit: (similar to Princess Peach) Is a warmer more muted pink
Ruby: (similar to Jem) Is a deeper red raspberry pink.

Highlight Foundation
Linen: (similar to the highlight from the Light compact) Linen is best for fair skin tones & skin without a lot of red undertones.
Sunlit: (similar to the highlight from the medium compact) This is my most common color! Goes best with anyone in the medium ranges or fair skin with red undertones.
Wheat: (similar to the highlight from the dark compact) Best for dark skin tones or anyone with heavy red undertones.

Contour Foundation
Walnut: This contour has less warmth so it generally works best on fair to medium skin tones.
Stone: This color is warmer and darker and is perfect for medium to dark skin tones

(I’m usually right in the medium tones with all of my foundation purchases and I can actually wear both of these colors. If I’m using self tanner that day I’ll go with the stone if I’m not I’ll need the walnut. I have found each contour can go a on wide range of faces!

Contour Creme
Shadow: This baby is SO AWESOME! It’s dark and gray so it shouldn’t be used as foundation but as a contour creme which is why I call it “The Detailer” it creates the perfect shadow when used in detail areas with a light hand and a small brush. For those of you who have never been able to ace the nose HAC this is your new best friend! It’s the color that makes all the difference from looking like you have dirt on your nose to looking like it’s just straighter and thinner. I can’t warn you enough though it’s a heavy duty color. If you use too much you’re gonna look a little bit dead:)

girls

{from left to right}
Emily (beautiful blogger at The Freckled Fox) in contour: stone + highlight: sunlit + blush: pink grapefruit
Stunning Ann in contour: walnut + highlight: linen + blush: dahlia
Gorgeous Lisa in contour: stone + highlight: wheat + blush: dahlia
Nick’s breathtaking cousin Jeridi in contour: stone + highlight: sunlit + blush: ruby

I used pearl & shadow on all 4 of them as well:)

Prices:
Compact fully filled with 4 inserts of your choice – $42
Ala Cart Refills (foundation, illuminator & blush)- $9
Brush: $32

Return Policy:
If you are not completely satisfied with your Maskcara Cosmetics purchase for any reason, please return/exchange for a full refund if postmarked within 30 days of receipt.

Internationally shipping:
Just Canada so for but we are working on more!

Are your products tested on animals?
No way.

List of products and ingredients (here)

I hope this answers some of your questions!
Happy Hump Day!

signature

172 Comments

trinagallop
    January 7, 2015 at 4:56 am

I’ve got my colours all picked out! I can’t wait to place my order!!!!

Jess
    January 7, 2015 at 5:00 am

Yay, I’m so excited to see the next generation! I can’t wait for next week!

Elizabeth
    January 7, 2015 at 5:21 am
    Elizabeth
    January 7, 2015 at 5:23 am

Literally will be on edge of my seat waiting for Monday!!

jenn
    January 7, 2015 at 5:41 am

I cannot put into words how ecstatic I am for the release of these! They look beautiful! U must be so proud! Congrats again!

Jessica Wise
    January 7, 2015 at 5:44 am

I have a question, I ordered when the first generation came out and LOVED the way it looked, but it seemed to just wipe off and float on my skin. I don’t typically have that problem with foundation (currently using urban decay naked) . Has the formula been changed in a way that May keep that issue from happening or is it just mainly more customizable now? Thank you!!!

January 7, 2015 at 11:17 am

YES! One of the main things I wanted from this formula change was better all day wear. This formula is less “oily” than generation one so I’m thinking you won’t have that problem with the new one!

Jessica Wise
        January 8, 2015 at 11:46 am

Yay!! How exciting!!

Sheena
        January 12, 2015 at 1:00 pm

That is SO good to hear. While I love the look of it, it could literally just be wiped off of my skin at any moment, and after a few hours it seemed to be gone….. Happy to try out this new and improved version.

Cait
    January 7, 2015 at 6:06 am

Cara, I actually don’t see my skin tone here – I am super duper fair. Like you can see all the veins in my wrist pale. Would I go for linen or sunlit? Thanks! 🙂

silvercamaro77
      January 7, 2015 at 6:17 am

With a description of “super duper fair” Linen is going to be your best option as sunlit is darker. But it she said she’ll do exchanges so if you get Linen and feel like it’s lighter than you want, you can exchange it for sunlit.

Cait
        January 7, 2015 at 7:27 am

Thanks for the help! I was just worried because the blonde girl in the pic is actually tan compared to me (sad, I know.) But it makes sense to just exchange if it’s not right.

Cait
          January 7, 2015 at 11:09 am

I’m also really fair and the blonde looks like me when I’m tanned as well. None of the colors look light enough. I’m also a Cait- we should start a “Cait’s that are pale” support group.

• Cara
            January 7, 2015 at 11:33 am

hello ladies of the cait’s that are pale support group! 🙂 I have used this product on literally hundreds of women and I have yet to find one who was to fair for the Walnut & the Linen. I know they look like they have a lot of color and they do but the contour is cool enough that it looks natural and soft on the face and you don’t have you use much! The linen looks darker than it is when compared to pure white (on the swatches) it looks gorgeous on really fair ladies! Hope this helps!

• Cait
            January 9, 2015 at 1:19 pm

Thanks Cara!

Cait #2

silvercamaro77
    January 7, 2015 at 6:21 am

Cara- will you tell us more about the brush? Maybe compare it to some other brushes, either just in description or bonus points if you do some side-by-side pics with some other brushes. I specifically need some help deciding whether to go for your brush too or if I’ll essentially be duplicating the IT dual ended foundation brush.

January 7, 2015 at 11:39 am

Ok so here’s the main difference (and if I can find my IT brush I’ll do some comparisons for you as well) My brush is smaller on the large end and larger on the small end. Does that make sense? It’s also a longer wand. The quality is the same:)

January 7, 2015 at 11:41 am

Obviously I prefer to use mine but If you paid the $$ for the IT brush and you love it I don’t think you need to get mine also 🙂

Paula
    January 7, 2015 at 6:25 am

Would love to get the deets on ingredients as well! Thanks!

January 7, 2015 at 11:41 am

good idea! I’ll get those coming!

Kate
    January 7, 2015 at 6:32 am

Would love to see ingredients detailed as well for each product! So excited for you!

January 7, 2015 at 11:42 am

thanks kate!! good idea! I’ll get those coming!

Paula
    January 7, 2015 at 6:32 am

Oh, one more question – I never see you mention the difference between cool vs warm toned skin. Even your fair skinned models look more warm toned… I assume in part because of your love of tanner? Anyway, could you help a cool and fair toned sister out and talk about this more? Would love to see more cool toned models and you mention this when discussing make-up colors (both yours and your recs). Thanks so much!

January 7, 2015 at 11:43 am

OK in all fairness that model looks so much warmer in that photo than she is! haha Walnut and linen are both perfect for cool tones! I will hook you up with more photos as well love! I’ve been rockin my pale sooo much lately! 🙂 And I get SUPER fair without tanner!

Rae
    January 7, 2015 at 6:50 am

These all day for redish undertones. What about faces with yellow undertones? I’d Dai I’m medium skin-toned but I’m an olive gal with yellow undertones. Help! D=

Amy
      January 7, 2015 at 9:17 am

Yes, me too. Although I was just going to get stone, sunlit and Dahlia.

Lisa
        January 7, 2015 at 10:12 am

I was wondering about this too!!

January 7, 2015 at 11:46 am

I am olive too! Sunlit and stone does look gorgeous on medium olive skin tones. The stone does have warmth in it but I think it’s complimentary and nice as long as your about medium tan. Any fairer than that and I’d go for walnut. The new site has lots of faces to compare as well and I’ll be posting more so hopefully you’ll find one you see yourself in!

• Rae
            January 7, 2015 at 11:51 am

Thank you, Cara! I appreciate the quick response! I’m also glad you were able to read through all of my typos! Hah. Darn my swipe on my smart phone….

MaggieK
    January 7, 2015 at 7:40 am

Hi Cara!! I’m so excited about Monday!! Thank you for introducing me to HACing. You made make up fun for me again.

January 7, 2015 at 7:11 pm

thanks so so much maggie!!

Stacy
    January 7, 2015 at 8:04 am

Ditto on the ingredients! Thanks for describing the colors as I am medium with red undertones and freckles. It is always hard for me to find the right foundation and concealer. I think the medium will work.

Stephanie Lynn
      January 7, 2015 at 8:36 am

Yes, I was glad she said that too, because I’m very fair but my face has lots of red undertones. I tried the light from the first generation and aside from the texture problems, I never felt the color worked that great for me. I was planning on trying medium next time, but that definitely confirmed it.

Kathy
    January 7, 2015 at 8:05 am

Cara!! This all looks so amazing! Congrats on coming out with what looks like an awesome product once again! With the first generation of IIID, I noticed that after a few hours of wear, the foundation would become kind of slick on my face and start to slide around; it looked a bit like a layer on top of my skin as opposed to settling into my skin. I do not have particularly oily skin at all, I currently use BB Cream as my foundation and never have this problem. I was just wondering if there have been any chemical changes to the formula of this generation of foundations. Can’t wait to try your new product and the brush!!

Thanks!

January 7, 2015 at 11:49 am

YES! One of the main things I wanted from this formula change was better all day wear and a better texture feel. This formula is less “oily” than generation one so I’m thinking you won’t have that problem with the new one! It has much better staying power than the first.

Rachel S
    January 7, 2015 at 8:14 am

I’d like to see a list of ingredients for each item before purchasing. Is the formulation different than the first generation product and if so, how is it different? Also, like others, I’m curious to hear more about the brush. And I’m confused about the contour cream. Do you choose this in place of one of the contour foundations? If not, how does it fit in the compact if you are already getting the two foundation colors, illuminator, and blush?

Liv
      January 7, 2015 at 11:44 am

From what I understand, you do NOT want to use the creme in place of the foundation. The contour foundation is your all around contour, while the contour creme adds detail.

Some people didn’t feel like the contour showed up enough everywhere on their face with the old HAC pack, so the creme could add more contour/detail on the nose, or under your cheek bones, but she says you do not want to use too much!

All five will not fit in the compact, either order all five and swap them in and out as needed, or skip one! Maybe the blush because you already have a blush you love, or maybe the creme because you thought you got enough contour with the old HAC pack, and would therefore be fine with just the contour foundation!

January 7, 2015 at 11:52 am

yep:) pretty much word for word what I would have said. Thanks so much liv!
        Rachel, I’ll get a list of ingredients and the products ready as well and the differences are : The new product is longer lasting and more pigmented. It also has a creamier consistancy and is less oily than the first generation. It’s a completely different formulation but it’s still a creme.

pennyp
        January 8, 2015 at 11:38 pm

Yep, that’s my understanding too.

Kimmie
    January 7, 2015 at 8:15 am

I’m so excited about your second edition of your makeup! I can’t wait try it!!

Lori
    January 7, 2015 at 8:15 am

This is sad but… I have NO clue if I’m warm or cool colors, or if I have a red undertone or yellow. I do know I’m fair skinned! I’d love to purchase this makeup and try to graduate from the bottom of baseball makeup class

Hailey
      January 7, 2015 at 9:41 am

Hey Lori! Look at your wrist, are your veins blue or green? If they are more blue you have cool undertones, if they are more green you have warm undertones. Hope this helps!

Nicola
        January 7, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Never knew that trick, fantastic!

Mylene
    January 7, 2015 at 8:15 am

Can’t wait to order my kit next week ! I am just a bit confused between the contour foundation and cream. I know I want to get a 4-insert kit and will be ordering a blush, highlight foundation and illuminator. So I need to choose between the contour foundation or cream and I wonder which one I should pick.

Liv
      January 7, 2015 at 11:17 am

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I gather the contour foundation will be your go too, full face contouring “device”, so you definitely want to get one of those.

The contour cream is more of an “extra”, for getting more detailed/dark contour in a few places (ie: your nose). So the highlight and the contour foundation would be the items similar to the old HAC pack.

The blush, illuminator and contour cream are all extras, to make things look even better!

pennyp
        January 8, 2015 at 11:41 pm

Yep, you explained it the way I understand it.

Jacqueline
    January 7, 2015 at 8:21 am

I use Argon oil as a moisturizer- is this ok to use with your creme products?? Or would a regular moisturizer work better??

Laura | S.S. Heart
    January 7, 2015 at 8:42 am

AHHH THANK YOU for shipping to Canada!! Cannot wait to order! Just one quick question- I’m pretty fair but I’m starting to get redness on my nose and cheeks (stupid hereditary rosacea!)…do I order linen or sunlit?

Keaton
      January 7, 2015 at 5:22 pm

This was my question as well! I have very fair skin but have rosacea so was curious which color would be best for me. Cara, any tips on which color to order?

January 7, 2015 at 5:58 pm

I think in that case youre gonna want the walnut and the sublit. The yellow in the sublit is completely cancelled out by red and visa versa. Its one of my favorute things about it!

juli phillips
    January 7, 2015 at 8:45 am

First off let me say, I am sooo darn excited for you and your new line! I have loved you and your blog since you helped me discover the miracle of HACing! Can’t wait to get my paws on this stuff! I KNOW I will love it! January 12th is set in my phone with an alarm so I DO NOT miss out this time!

Jenn
    January 7, 2015 at 8:50 am

OMG I am so excited! And thank you so much for now shipping to Canada!!! Made my day 🙂 CAn’t wait to make my purchase come Monday

Jenn E.
    January 7, 2015 at 8:55 am

Hi Cara, can you also please confirm if Generation 2 is not tested on animals as you noted for Generation 1? Thanks!

Liv
      January 7, 2015 at 11:19 am

I would love to know the answer to this too please!

Boni
      January 12, 2015 at 2:04 am

If you read down underneath the photos of the 4 beautiful ladies you will see that Cara does not test on animals with her new generation line. She was very sure to make that clear, so no worries!! 🙂

Lauren
    January 7, 2015 at 8:59 am

Do the individual refills fit into the old compact from the first generation? If I would just like to buy a highlight foundation and the new contour crème, do they just come in the individual trays or do I need to buy the whole 4-pack, plus the contour crème separate?

Jaime
      January 7, 2015 at 10:17 am

From what it says, it sounds like you can buy any 4 inserts that you want with the compact for $42. That means if all you wanted were the highlight and the contour, you could buy 2 of each (four total) or any combination of 4 that your little heart desires.

For example, I found that I went through the highlighter faster than the contour in her original compact and I also have tons of illuminator left over so I don’t need any of that. I plan on buying 2 highlighter, 1 contour foundation and 1 contour cream as my 4 total inserts. I already have a blush that I love so I don’t need that, either.

Karen Haskins
    January 7, 2015 at 8:59 am

Cara, I’m very excited about this new product! I have a couple questions, please. 1) I’m usually a medium, but I have pink undertones. The medium foundation (Sunlit) apppears yellowish and the light foundation (Linen) appears pinkish. Which foundation would you recommend for me? 2) The compact holds 4 products, but there are 5 above: Blush, Highlight Foundation, Illuminator, Contour Foundation and Contour Creme. Is there no way to have all 5 in one compact? And are there no a la carte refills in the Contour Foundation and Contour Creme? I want all 5, so can you help me understand how/what I should order, please?

Thank you so much! I’m excited to get this ordered and get it!

Liv
      January 7, 2015 at 11:30 am

From everything I am reading there is definitely no way to have all 5 fit in one compact. What I will do, if I decide to purchase all 5, is purchase four in my $42 pack, and the final one in the a la carte section – and swap them around in my case as I need (maybe I don’t use one as much as the others, and I’ll leave that sitting with the rest of my make-up at home until I need it).

She does only mention foundation, illuminator & blush as available for a la carte, but I assume she means both foundations, which would only leave the contour creme out. As that would be odd for only one not to be available in a la carte, I assume it was just a typo/mistake.

Just in case the creme isn’t available a la carte, I would make sure to order it in your pack, and order your 5th one as an item she listed as available individually (ie: the blush). Hope this helps!

Audra
      January 7, 2015 at 12:16 pm

In have the same issue, medium with pink undertones. Sunlit or linen a better choice? Thanks!

Karen Haskins
      January 11, 2015 at 10:48 pm

Still hoping to get a recommendation on whether to order Sunlit ot Linen. I’d like to try to order tomorrow before they are sold old. (I’m leaning towards Sunlit.) Also, what format I should order…. I want all 5 products. Thank you, Cara!

Good luck tomorrow…. not that you need it!

P.S. I do have an Instagram account, but I don’t post pictures to it. Maybe you could take a look at my profile picture for reference.

January 12, 2015 at 12:57 am

Im gonna agree with you and say sunlit! You are such a beautful woman! Thanks so much! Im sooo nervous and your swwet words are helping:)

Karen Haskins
          January 12, 2015 at 11:46 am

Thank you so much, Cara! You are so sweet! And really, you are the beautiful one! Inside and out!

I understand you being nervous, but seriously, no need! It will be great!

Thanks again!

Kelly L
    January 7, 2015 at 9:05 am

I second the questions about warm vs cool tones and more information about the brush! Very excited for Monday!

Nicole
    January 7, 2015 at 9:07 am

Do you have a video on how to use the foundations colors in addition to the illuminator and contour creme? I am very excited to purchase this but want know exactly how to use all 4 colors. Thanks!

Mindy
      January 7, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Ditto to what Nicole said about a video. Can’t wait to purchase and use the new line!

Cami
    January 7, 2015 at 9:17 am

I’m excited for this! As with some of the other gals, would you please explain and show the difference between a red undertone vs. yellow, blue, purple, etc… 😉

Jami
    January 7, 2015 at 9:20 am

I’m so excited to get this in my hands. My old HAC pack is almost gone and the case is broke in half and I’m thrilled to see this new line. AND. A. BRUSH!! Love it. I too would like to see a video showing how you use the kit. I know you’ve explained HAC before but I’d love one specific to this new product. Interested to see if we can skip the foundation and just use the shadow, like I’ve been doing or if this darker color for shadow isn’t going to be great without foundation. I’ve liked the results with my nose contouring before but always struggle with cheeks. I’m not sure I’m getting the placement correct and it doesn’t seem to show up as well. Thanks!!!!

Jamie
      January 7, 2015 at 10:45 am

Yes a video would be great please!!

January 8, 2015 at 3:21 pm

I gotcha covered!

Serena
    January 7, 2015 at 9:42 am

Olive complexion with yellow undertones … what colors should I choose?!?!

Terri
    January 7, 2015 at 10:12 am

CAN.NOT.WAIT!

lynn
    January 7, 2015 at 10:23 am

I’m confused, the compact holds 4 pans. But it looks like you recommend getting 5, right? I’m excited, but I know having an extra pan rolling around will drive me nuts.

Would something like the Z pallette work with your pans?

Liv
      January 7, 2015 at 11:38 am

She’s not necessarily recommending that you get 5, though I’m sure each product is awesome, and as she created them, I’m sure she highly recommends all of them.

If you already have a blush you love, you could skip getting the blush. Or if you don’t think you need a more detailed contouring, skip the creme!

However, if you think you would love them all, I’d get all five and just leave the one you don’t use the most, at home. I plan to either skip the blush, or order all five and swap them out. I could see myself rotating the blush and the creme in and out of the compact, but keeping the highlight, contour foundation and illuminator in at all times.

lynn
        January 7, 2015 at 2:34 pm

You’re so sweet! My blush right now is a powder. I didn’t order the first round, so I’m wondering if a powder blush would screw up the finish?

I was also thinking to myself, well maybe I want more than one blush color anyway… So, I probably will just end up rotating.

Jaime
    January 7, 2015 at 10:23 am

Nice work, Cara! This looks awesome!! I can’t wait to get my hands on a new compact that I can customize to my needs. I think that was a genius move on your part. I do have a question regarding old stock. Will you be selling what’s left (if any)of the last generation illuminator?? I love that stuff and actually think I would prefer it in liquid form vs cream, so I would like to stock up on it before it disappears if that is possible. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into your product. 🙂

Sophie
    January 7, 2015 at 10:35 am

Vegan friendly?

Jamie
    January 7, 2015 at 10:42 am

Question about the contours: so we shouldn’t use the contour creme as a foundation. Soo pretty much we would just be using that on the nose and not the cheeks and forehead?? Right?

Liv
      January 7, 2015 at 11:49 am

You would not want it as an all around, but you can use it wherever you need a little more contour.

If I get the creme, I would possibly use it on my nose, but could see myself mainly using it under my cheek bones – just a tiny bit of it! With the old hac pack I couldn’t always get the contour to look quite how I wanted under my cheek bones, and I think the creme would really help!

Anna
    January 7, 2015 at 10:44 am

The ladies look lovely. I would’ve loved to see some more/different models with different skintones though. I usually don’t mind at all, but I can’t actually walk into a store and swatch these on my skin so it would’ve been lovely to see someone darker up there as well. 🙂 Maybe next time?

Lisa
      January 7, 2015 at 6:00 pm

I agree, I’d love to see a diverse range of skin/under tones. Generation 1 didn’t show up on my skin, I’m hoping not to have that problem this time.

Lisa Scott Provost
      January 8, 2015 at 4:46 am

Have you checked out Cara’s Instagram yet? Last night she started to put up a fwe more photos with new IIID – one was a gorgeous African American lady with a fairly deep skintone, showing the Wheat. Way darker than I would have imagined Wheat would go, anyway – but daaang did she look radiant and amazing! I think she was on Cara’s Insta (as opposed to Maskcara). Check it out, see if that helps at all!

Janna
    January 7, 2015 at 10:53 am

Haaaaallllelujah!! I’m shouting for joy right now!!

Sara
    January 7, 2015 at 10:59 am

Will this work with really oily skin, if set with mineral veil?

Heather
    January 7, 2015 at 11:11 am

I am really excited for the brush! I love the look. My question is, I normally use one brush for each blush or bronzer or what not, due to left over makeup on the brush. Do you “double dip” with this brush? Or wash it off after every use?

Misty M.
      January 11, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Ditto Heather’s question. Do I need a separate brush for each product/item/color?

Brooke
    January 7, 2015 at 11:28 am

I’m so excited!
    One question; when you say a color is good for red undertones (which I have), do you mean the makeup will cover that? Cuz that’s def what I want! 🙂

Jessica
      January 7, 2015 at 11:40 am

I think the illuminator is supposed to go on the high points of your cheekbones and under the brow bones as a highlight.

Jessica
        January 7, 2015 at 11:41 am

*under the brow, ON the brow bone 🙂

January 8, 2015 at 3:22 pm

yes! It’s perfect for redness!

Britney B
    January 7, 2015 at 11:29 am

Cara- I already have Princess Peach blush and think it’s great for blush and lip color too! I also have the illuminator, but I’m pretty clueless how to apply it. I think I tried once, and it didn’t look right, so it’s just sitting in my makeup bag. Have I missed a tutorial? I’ve tried your index and I just can’t seem to find one. Does it go over the blush? Right under the eyes? Nose? Can you (or anybody else in the comments) help me out!

Taylor gabbitas
      January 7, 2015 at 5:42 pm

The illuminated is meant to go on places that the light would naturally hit and you want to be extra glowy, usually along the top of your cheekbones, under your brows (on the brow bone), the Cupid’s bow above your lip. Hope that helps!

Taylor gabbitas
    January 7, 2015 at 11:35 am

I’m so excited about this! I have a question though-I’m starting up as a makeup artist and would love to use these as the foundations in my kit. I used the first generation and loved it. Could I leave out the blush and highlighter and just get 4 foundations/contours in my palette? It would be the most cost effective for me and I would love to share the product with clients. I was also curious if you’ve considered offering a pro discount? I’m a licensed cosmotologist.

Clara
    January 7, 2015 at 11:41 am

I noticed on the makeovers you’ve been doing with your new HAC products, you’ve put foundation on first and used the HAC products on top of the foundation. That’s a big change from your original line which was used in place of foundation. So my question is, do we need to use foundation and HAC?

Lisa Scott Provost
      January 7, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I noticed that too, but noticed Cara made super-quick mention that she was using the extra layer specifically because the model was going to get photos taken. I took that to mean that in real life you would just use the IIID, as before! Does that make sense? Watch it again, see if you come to the same conclusion! 🙂

Taylor gabbitas
      January 7, 2015 at 10:32 pm

I’d be interested to hear what cara has to say on this as well. For everyday just the hac pac is good but for pictures or special occasions add another foundation? Just curious!

Lauren @ She Tries It
    January 7, 2015 at 11:42 am

I’m so excited for this! PLEASE pleeeaaaase tell us that there is plenty of product in stock this time around. I’d hate for it to sell out in the first 5 minutes again. 🙂

Kayla
    January 7, 2015 at 11:45 am

Cara I’m so excited for this debut and to get my hands on the newest generation of the Maskcara line!!!! I loved your previous, but like a bit more contour with my makeup. I’m SO excited to get this new stuff!!! Just wondering, do you have to have two seperate compacts to fit all 5 products? Or if you buy the compact prefilled with 4, do the ala cart refills come in a smaller compact alone?

Sena
    January 7, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Looks exciting Cara! I have a question about the contour foundation: which color is closest to the original contour? I loved the old one, perfect shadow on my skin tone!

colonizethemoon
    January 7, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Now all I have to do is move to Canada! 🙂 can’t wait till you ship international!

Holly
    January 7, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Hi Cara! Will you be able to ship to APO addresses?

alsdesantis
    January 7, 2015 at 2:17 pm

I would LOVE to see a video about color correcting. I have rosacea and I am SO FRUSTRATED that I never find make up tutorials that teach me how to hide the redness. but also, I LOVE blush and am nervous to use it because of the redness.

Sarah G.
    January 7, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Really gorgeous colors and packaging, but I’m bummed that there’s not a darker color option this go-round. 🙁

Lisa Scott Provost
      January 8, 2015 at 4:50 am

Look at Cara’s Instagram – last night she added a photo of Wheat on an African American girl, and it looks amaaaazing. She’s darker than I would have pictured for Wheat …which is why I’M not the makeup ninja here, ha! 🙂

Sarah G.
        January 8, 2015 at 7:03 am

OK, that pic totally sold me. Thanks for pointing me to it, Lisa!

Mary
    January 7, 2015 at 4:33 pm

I have yellow undertones in my skin, but usually am either one or two tones away from the fairest, so certainly not a medium girl! Would walnut be too light or ashy? Would stone be too warm for my skin? I was planning on getting the sunlit highlighter, if that helps because yellow toned highlighters look best on me!

Kari
      January 8, 2015 at 8:12 am

I asked this same question on Cara’s instagram, and she said that she would recommend the Walnut. Said it was close to the previous Medium contour, but worked much better on lighter skin! So I would definitely say Walnut and Sunlit! That seems to be the color combo most like her “old” Medium compact, which she could use on almost anyone!

Teiqua
    January 7, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Please add Australia to your shipping list! Can’t wait to get my hands on the new products.

Nicole Walker
    January 7, 2015 at 5:18 pm

This is so exciting and I love that you can pick each shade individually so you have a customized palette. Can’t wait to try!

xoxo Nicole

Alexandria
    January 7, 2015 at 5:22 pm

I LOVED the medium shade of foundation in Gen 1, BUT I loved the dark contour best. Someone probably already asked this and I just missed it scrolling through, but is Stone like the dark?

Oh! And if someone isn’t able to order this in the first week or so…is there any chance of there being like, months-long of a wait because you’ve sold out???

January 7, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Great question! So yes the stone is similar to the dark contour (although it has more pigmented so you wont need to use as much) and yes! If we do sell out it should be restocked within a few weeks max!

Meridy
    January 7, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Okay, sorry if someone has already asked this, but: What if you are super, super, duper, light AND have red undertones?

Actually, I don’t know if it’s so much red undertones as it is ACNE. 🙁 Either way I need something that cuts the red. Think porcelain skin + red acne scaring. I know that a darker color will probably help with my acne, but I’m tired of having to wear foundation all the way to my chest just so I look natural. And it really doesn’t look natural when I miss a spot and it becomes obvious that my skin tone is lighter than my make up. It needs to be close enough to my natural color and give me a lot of coverage.

What should I do? Which of your products would I order? Would they work for me?

January 7, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Maybe it would help if i could see a photo of your gorgeous face? Do you have instagram!?

mare
    January 7, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Every one of those ladies is gorgeous. Your makeup looks simply lovely on all of them! Hmmmm, still deciding my own color selection.

Gail
    January 7, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Another vote for knowing if second gen is cruelty free! Are any of the ingredients tested even if the final product is not? Clearly you are not selling inChina, but are any of the ingredients or final products tested by a third party? And for our vegan friends, are the second gen products free of all animal derived ingredients?
    Thank you Cara, love you!

January 7, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Totally cruelty free:) And no third parties. It is not considered vegan though because it does contain beeswax. Love you too Gail!

Shelly
    January 7, 2015 at 7:06 pm

I’m curious as to how much you will have to clean the brush used to apply IIID ?? Kind of the whole point on this is to simplify HACing and not have to go through so many steps. I’m just wondering if I will have to deep clean the brush every day and then just wind up spending any extra time gained on cleaning??

January 7, 2015 at 9:34 pm

You definitely won’t have to clean it every day as long as you are using a brush made for liquids and cremes:) I wash mine about twice a month!

Amanda
    January 7, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Cara,
    Very excited about your new product! With the first generation HAC, I felt like the product just settled on the top layer of my skin and I could not get it to rub in completely, even with the sugar exfoliation and lots of moisturizer (I am very dry especially this time of year). Will this new formula be better suited to that? I’d love to try it, but don’t want to have the same effect as I did with the first HAC. Thanks for your help!

Nuccia Ardagna
    January 7, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Such beautiful colors! Do you ship to Canada Cara? Btw, congratulations on your beautiful family!

Jessica @ wearitforless
    January 7, 2015 at 7:51 pm

I just found your blog and I am amazed at your work – incredible! I can’t wait to see even more in 2015!

Lorna
    January 7, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Hi Cara! First, I really appreciate your work and well, you 🙂 I am wondering, are your products tested on animals?

Alexandria
      January 8, 2015 at 11:45 am

At the bottom of this post she says they aren’t! 🙂

Amy
    January 7, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Very exciting, and I love the elegant, clean white compact. Congratulations 🙂

Valerie Stratford
    January 7, 2015 at 10:19 pm

YAY! I’ve been searching FOREVER for something that matches me, and include a contour palette. It seems like no matter how hard I try or how many Sephora stores I go to, it just never looks like. This has been on my mind so much, i legitimately DREAMED about this palette last night! (and that I was one of your Monday Makeovers…) Creeped out yet? Because it was kind of awesome 🙂

Rosey
    January 7, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Hi Cara, I love your products, and would love to order them, but since you brought this range out, all I’ve heard is that we don’t ship to Australia.Are you ever going to ship this or is it all talk?
    I’m just getting a bit frustrated at the “working on it”.

Lisa Scott Provost
      January 8, 2015 at 5:00 am

That does sound frustrating – but I can tell you that this is definitely not a Cara thing, it’s a Customs and whatever the Australian version of the FDA is thing. They have to give approval for new products coming into the country, and it can be a glacial slow process, which has got to be a bummer! Hope those guys come around soon so you can be all fancy-faced ASAP!

Danielle
    January 7, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Hi Cara! Will you be doing a new how-to video using this new pack? I’m still a little confused about how to apply it.

Maureen
    January 8, 2015 at 3:32 am

Hi Cara! Can you share the ingredients? I’m really hoping I can use this but I have a wheat protein allergy 🙁

Pan
    January 8, 2015 at 5:09 am

i love you and all, but i have honestly never seen any brown skin oned person in your blog.. ever. its always almost fair and an ocassional brown/black skin toned. and this, is a huge problem for me. because i WANT TO buy your whole set, but i dont think it ll work on me cause i dont see any examples. pls do one. you are such a sweet person that it s difficult for me to think that you are biased, but it sure does seem so. i have tried messaging you on fb also, but there hasnt been any response.

V
    January 8, 2015 at 5:45 am

I hope my question isn’t rude, but…I won’t be able to order it until a few more weeks…do you anticipate having enough in stock? I had to wait last time around and completely missed out on my colors. Very excited to try this new one I’m just broke right now :/

Carrie
    January 8, 2015 at 5:57 am

It would be awesome if you could do a little video of you showing how to use the new generation like you did the first. It just helps so much to see it. Thanks!

Marie
    January 8, 2015 at 6:57 am

I agree, I’m fair with redness and ordered the light the first time and I had the same feeling, it just never looked right. I’m definitely going to try the medium highlight (sunlit) this time around. Can’t wait!

Catherine
    January 8, 2015 at 7:46 am

Can you explain more about the brush? Is it meant for contouring, specifically around the nose as well? Thanks!

Klarisa
    January 8, 2015 at 9:32 am

Oh, so excited, I hope you will post internationally. I have been waiting for two years for this product. I would be very disapointed if I could not get hold of it. I am from Slovakia and huge fan of yours. Love you. Keep up great blog.

Lindsi
    January 8, 2015 at 9:59 am

I am extremely fair and cool toned and I found with the previous HAC pack that the highlight color was way too warm and yellowy on my skin (I purchased the light). I’m wondering if the same will happen with this version. I want to love this product so bad but last time it didn’t work out for me so I’m nervous about trying again.

Amanda
    January 8, 2015 at 10:40 am

I’m very fair but wear makeup to hide redness. I’m locked with dear and indecision!

Samantha
    January 8, 2015 at 10:45 am

Cara, I am SO excited for this product! I was so upset when I was unable to get Medium last year, but I am SO excited that I have waited for this second round of products. I actually LOVE creme products and actually hate that I feel like I can never find any that suit me! Cant wait!

Sarah Bayer
    January 8, 2015 at 11:12 am

Soo excited about all these IIID posts! Cannot wait to order mine!

Trinidi Price
    January 8, 2015 at 11:37 am

Jeridi and I are wanting to order!!!! I am so excited for you!

Trang's corner
    January 8, 2015 at 12:03 pm

I’m so excited to see the next generation! I can’t wait for next week!
    Love this post!
    Love from http://www.trangscorner.com – a lifestyle, cooking, fashion blog

Tara
    January 8, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Unfortunately I am vice president (if not president!) of the under eye dark circle club 🙁 with the last formula I still needed concealer to cover them up. With this one, can I get by using just the hilight color or do you suggest still pairing with a concealer for max coverage? Thanks! Xx

Misty M.
      January 11, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I’m definitely in Tara’s club. How do I hide my eye baggage with your makeup?

Kirstie
    January 8, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Please arrange international shipping. I am in the UK and want this product! Was hoping your last one would ship to the UK xxx

Coree
    January 8, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Hi Cara! Could you tell me what the coverage is? I know you say it’s “buildable”, but with one sweep would you compare it to a BB creme, a powder foundation, or a liquid foundation? Thank you!!

Sasha
    January 8, 2015 at 1:30 pm

What colors would you recommend for Asian skin? I have yellow undertone and my skin is light-medium.

RedGypC
    January 8, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Hi Cara- I’m at the very fairest of the medium tones or the darkest of the fair tones in most make up lines. I’m a cool to neutral with yellow undertones. Would you recommend the Sunlight or linen? I wasn’t really happy with either the fair or medium tones with the old version. They seemed to float on the surface of my skin without really blending in. So, I don’t recall if I didn’t like it more for texture or color. Any suggestions? I love your shortcake blush and am looking forward to having something like it again.

Meredith
    January 8, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Hi, Cara! SUUUUUUUUUPER excited for the next generation of IIIDFoundation!!! Love you, love your blog, and I loved the first generation!! But help!! Color choices!! Would you ever be able to give a general idea about color choices in relation to what we’ve already purchased from other brands? Like if we were Color iQed at Sephora?
    And can’t wait for more deets and more videos showing you using it on yourself and others!!!!
    Meredith

Dozao Organics
    January 8, 2015 at 7:21 pm

This magnificent blog is a useful one! To remain up to date, finally, enjoy yourself with best volume mascara . It will add more cool details for you look and appearance.

Shei
    January 8, 2015 at 8:24 pm

How much is shopping to Canada going to be ?

Laura
    January 9, 2015 at 8:58 am

This is SO exciting! I was at the Pinterest conference and got to try out your new foundation and loved it. I don’t remember the contour shadow. It looks as though it may be too intense or not needed for fair skin. What’s your opinion on that? Also would a beauty blender be okay to apply your foundation or is your brush the best way? Thanks!

January 9, 2015 at 5:18 pm

I know it looks really dark in the photo but I’ve yet to use it on someone who the Walnut & linen were too dark for. It’s just about using a light hand because the product is very well pigmented! Generally I prefer applying it with a brush and (sometimes) using the beauty blended to blend but I’m sure it’s just personal preference! Thank you Laura!

littlewinglou
    January 9, 2015 at 7:25 pm

Hey Cara,

I live in Australia and wanted to know if and where I can buy your range? I’d love to try it. xx

Stacey
    January 10, 2015 at 11:42 am

Fabulous! Congratulations! Can’t wait to order!

Jack
    January 10, 2015 at 5:44 pm

I’ve picked out my colors and I am ready to try this! But, how do we participate in the fun on Jan. 12? Do we just come here or do we need to be on facebook? i was confused by that…

p.s. i am fair but approaching medium skin tone w olive undertones…i was thinking dahlia, walnut, linen…cant wait for some demo videos on how to do this!

EmilyKrasny
    January 11, 2015 at 10:03 am

just wondering if these are noncomedogenic and/or suitable for sensitive skin?

Misty M.
    January 11, 2015 at 1:54 pm

So my four pack will be full up with a blush, illuminator, and two foundations. Can I get that dark contour cream à la carte? Or does it have to take one of the spots in the pallet?

Misty M.
      January 11, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Nevermind…I read through the comments and found my answer. You’re awesome, Cara!

Boni
    January 11, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Congratulations, Cara!! I mean that sincerely. Wow, this is all too cool to imagine!! Sorry I’m a bit late to the party, I’ve been horribly ill… But I wanted to say many congratulations to you and I am so stoked for you! And for us, naturally. 😉 You’re an amazing girl, keep up the good work! It’s paying off. XOXO

Dawnica
    January 11, 2015 at 7:33 pm

I’m wondering which contour color to go with. I’m very fair skinned, so I am going with the lighter highlight color. However, I’ve been using the “light” combo of your last generation, and the contour color doesn’t show up on my skin at all. It’s strange, because it looks so dark and it’s obviously like a million shades darker than my skin, but it just doesn’t show up for some reason. I can only contour my nose with it, and I’m not sure if it even shows up. Every time I try to contour my cheek line, it’s as if I didn’t put on any makeup there at all. Maybe this is a consistency problem, and not a color problem?

Lindsi
      January 12, 2015 at 3:55 pm

i found the same thing with the first generation too! I’m basically see-through pale but the dark didn’t really show up. There’s only 2 contour colours this time though, and the lighter one is closer to the medium contour shade from the original foundation kit so that’s what I’m planning on going with 🙂 Plus I think she said she added more pigment this time so it should show up better. So excited.
      Linen and Walnut!

kellysparklesandshoes
    January 11, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Oh my goodness, I am SO excited!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Boni
    January 12, 2015 at 2:15 am

For me I want the Linen, Walnut, and Dahlia! I want everything, but that would be my 1st pick for this new generation. 🙂 The colors are beautiful and perfect! Congratulations again, Cara the Incredible! You just keep sizzling cuz that’s what you do. Sizzle sizzle! Razzle dazzle!! 😉

Kris
    January 12, 2015 at 7:33 am

Hi Cara! Super excited about trying to the new (and improved) III-D pack! Couple questions about the foundation… I have yellow undertones, and am a light olive skin tone. Some foundations tend to turn my face orange. I am currently using Too Faced BB cream in Vanilla Glow. I’m looking for a change, and am excited about your product. I’m leaning towards the Linen, but not sure if that’s going to be a good match. Thoughts? Also, is there a contour color you’d recommend? I know it’s hard to tell without seeing a picture, but any help/advice would be great!

I know your product does not ship internationally, but will it ship to APO addresses?
    Thanks in advance, and congrats on the launch tonight! 😉

haley
      January 12, 2015 at 5:36 pm

I was just about to ask if you shipped to APO addresses as well! I really hope so! So excited about the new products Cara!!

Cynthia
    January 12, 2015 at 6:35 pm

What is the brush made of?

Miki Nyckel
    January 17, 2015 at 8:41 pm

Thank you for the info!! I was wondering if this shipped to Canada yet! 😀

Jayna
    January 31, 2015 at 6:34 pm

I’m hoping to place an order, but had just a couple of questions…. I have usually used Studio Fix by MAC just because the coverage and length of time it lasts is unreal. Do you think that I could get the same type of coverage and quality of lasting with your IIID foundation? I’m really hoping that it holds up to the same standard, because it looks amazing! Also, is the brush synthetic or real hair?
    Thanks!

KAM
    February 4, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Any news about when the product will start shipping? It’s been about 4 weeks now and I’m anxious to try out the new generation!

nitrocellulose
    August 17, 2015 at 3:43 am

Nitrocellulose from Hebei Jinwei Chemical Co., Limited With the combination of durability, compatibility and unsurpassed drying speed.