Makeup Products

At last…

I’ve been working and waiting and planning and working for an entire year now…
I’m not patient and the waiting has been excruciating…but it has been worth it because my new AND improved IIID Foundation is gonna

So without further adieu I’d like to cordially invite you to the:

(beautiful photo of Ann Hicks by Jessica Janae)

Next Monday, January 12th at 6pm PST.
I’ll be opening the brand new store (many servers are standing by to avoid the crashing we’ve had EVERY other time!)  and hanging out online at facebook, instagram & here on the blog to hand out prizes, answer any and all questions/shade matches and just celebrate!

Let me introduce you to….
The Comp-HAC-t :

From left to right: Blush (Dahlia), Illuminator (Pearl), Highlight Foundation (Sunlit) & Contour Foundation (Walnut)

What’s new:

• This compact is larger & is made of the highest quality materials so it’s very durable and pretty
  • It’s magnetic and refillable so you can get the exact colors for your face and refill them individually! Which means you won’t have to re-buy the compact or any product you’re not out of yet.
  • The blush/lip creme and the illuminator are IN THE PALETTE now which is so much easier! It’s just a one stop shop. Making it a breeze to carry with you and ensuring your makeup routine goes even faster. (but you can also fill the compact with just foundation if you prefer, the world is your oyster:)
  • The formula was perfected and improved with more pigment (so the product goes on in one swipe and lasts longer) & a smoother creamier finish.
  • I’ve created my own brush that is PERFECT for application!

I didn’t want to go into overload mode,  so I’ve spread out the info a bit. Stay tuned this week for swatches, all of the color options and more:)

Last year when I decided to make improvements on the line before re-ordering again I had no idea how long it would take and if I had known I would have probably been pretty mind boggled. I’m so glad I went with my gut because the coolest thing about everything I do on this blog is that much of it is inspired by you guys. Taking your requests and your advise has always been such a crucial part. When I saw that many of you had the same requests and needs for the foundation I just couldn’t re-order it until I made those a reality. If I’m gonna recommend something, it better be the best there is.

I can’t even begin to thank you enough for being so patient and so incredibly supportive! You will never know how much it means to me that you’ve made it possible to live my actual dream.

January 5, 2015 at 4:38 am

Congratulations!! How exciting! 🙂

January 5, 2015 at 4:41 am

YAY!!! Can’t wait to try the new generation! I bought the first edition last Black Friday, and I had a difficult time making it work for me. I was sooo sad! I love your work, and just you in general (haha 🙂 and I know you’ve poured your heart and soul into this! I am so psyched! Oh, and the case is gorg, too. 🙂

Gina Athy
    January 5, 2015 at 4:46 am

Cara let me say that you are AMAZING, and an inspiration to us all, your story made me cry when I read it and no one deserves this as much as you do, I can’t wait till I can get my hands on some of your new foundation…. Yay!!!!! I’m a total makeup junkie :):) Thank you, Gina

January 5, 2015 at 4:50 am

Looking forward to checking in on this from Scotland (calculating the right time…?!) Looking forward to tips on shades for pale skin. Love getting all your emails & tips – thank you x

January 5, 2015 at 5:08 am

This sounds so excited! Congratulations, really looking forward!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

Melissa muir
    January 5, 2015 at 5:16 am

I’m so glad you took the time to get it right. I was first in the line for the first generation and was pretty disappointed. I’ll definitely give version two a try. Love the one compact for all concept !

January 5, 2015 at 5:16 am

I am so excited!! I will definitely buy this and review it! Love you girl!

Carol Higdon
    January 5, 2015 at 5:24 am

I’m so excited for you Cara! I like the idea of the magnetic refill and your own brush. Can’t wait!

January 5, 2015 at 5:29 am

Great! Congrats! Now all I need is international shipping.

January 5, 2015 at 5:33 am

Congrats! WHOAH!!!!

Jessica S.
    January 5, 2015 at 5:34 am

I can’t wait to try out the new generation! Thanks Cara!

January 5, 2015 at 6:03 am

Hallelujah! I am so excited about this! Refilling just one product at a time is GENIUS.

Sabrina Botelho
    January 5, 2015 at 6:10 am

I’m so excited way to go cara

Cindy Hamilton
    January 5, 2015 at 6:14 am

I’m so excited! Waiting and trusting your gut will pay off!! Thank you!!

January 5, 2015 at 6:38 am

Yay! Cara, I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to try this! So thankful for your blog, perspective and your incredible talents!

January 5, 2015 at 6:41 am

I Am SO buying this!

January 5, 2015 at 6:47 am

i can’t wait to try the new and improved version! I bought the 1st round last black friday, and it just didn’t work on my skin. no matter how much i exfoliated and moisturized, it left me flaky and uneven. i do, however, totally believe in you and trust you! can’t wait to buy the new line and brush 🙂

January 5, 2015 at 6:48 am

Congratulations Cara it is amazing to see you living out your dreams and all of us also get to benefit by using your products and tips! I can’t wait to try it! God bless

January 5, 2015 at 6:48 am

That’s amazing and so exciting!!!

Xo Ash
    Sincerely Miss Ash

Kelly ekerholm
    January 5, 2015 at 6:53 am

I am so thrilled for you and my skin! I wish we lived close, I would love to see what u could do with me. You are an inspiration.

January 5, 2015 at 6:55 am

WOOHOOOOO, I’m so excited.

January 5, 2015 at 7:06 am

So glad this is coming together and I’m happy for you!

I have no idea what shade I’d be (I’m Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in “Sand” color in the summer, no idea for winter since it’s now going on too dark). Hopefully you do a post to explain? Ever since you did the dark IIID shade on a pale redhead on a Makeover Monday, I’ve been at a total loss for what shade to wear since it seemed to throw everything I knew out the window.

In any case, congrats on the launch!

January 5, 2015 at 7:25 am

I am so excited for you! It’s going to be great!

January 5, 2015 at 7:25 am

Is this for a 50 year old? I’m struggling with age appropriate makeup.

Lindy S
    January 5, 2015 at 7:33 am

Love the concept, but is it oil free??

Kimberly Helmers
      January 5, 2015 at 11:27 am

Yes! I am also an oilier skinned girl which was my problem with the first version. Since you mentioned it is creamier do you think this might. It be suitable for oily skinned clients?

January 5, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Yes, my question too. The prior version lost all its luminosity since we had to powder so much, which seemed to defeat the purpose.

January 5, 2015 at 7:47 am

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yeeeees!!!! <3 <3 <3 I'm sure you'll answer this question in a post you do this week – but if I was a Medium before what shade will I be in the new color palette? Thanks Cara, love you!

Kaitlyn Bate
    January 5, 2015 at 7:49 am

Yay!! I’m SO excited!! I loved the first generation, so I can’t wait to try the second! I’m pretty light skinned and I ended using the ‘dark’ (bc medium was sold out and light didn’t show up enough on my skin). Quick question, is the volume of the contour foundation the same as before? It looks a little smaller to me. Also, I can’t wait to get my hands on that brush!!!! Congrats!! XO

January 5, 2015 at 7:57 am

This is SO exciting! I have been waiting for the re-launch and look forward to seeing how the new product works on my skin. Love the new look and think it’s a great idea to be able to customize the pallet. With the previous III D foundation I needed the medium contour shade, but the light highlight foundation. Can’t wait to find out more! Congrats Cara! We know how hard you have been working on this to perfect it!

January 5, 2015 at 8:04 am

I’m so excited for u!! And, of course, to order all of it! It looks gorgeous! Congrats!!!

January 5, 2015 at 8:24 am

Omg I’m so excited!!!!!

Jennifer S.
    January 5, 2015 at 8:28 am

I am so excited. And a brush, too!!!

Rachel S
    January 5, 2015 at 8:42 am

SO SO excited!! In your posts this week, please let us know what ingredients are in each product. I want to check them out to see if I can use this makeup during pregnancy. Thanks!

January 5, 2015 at 8:46 am

Yay! I’ve been wanting to try this for a while. Can you do another reminder of how we can determine what color to use?

January 5, 2015 at 8:47 am

This sounds so awesome!! I am excited for you – such an accomplishment!

January 5, 2015 at 8:47 am

So exciting! Congratulations!

January 5, 2015 at 8:56 am

so. PUUUUUUUMPED!!! and stoked about the brush, too!!

January 5, 2015 at 9:01 am

Yaaaay!!! I can’t wait!!!

January 5, 2015 at 9:05 am

Woooo hoooo!!! Ahh finally…. U just made my day! I get soooo many compliments when I wear this foundation! I Truly love this foundation! I cannot wait to have it in my hands! Thanks soo much for working soo hard! It’s totally worth it!

January 5, 2015 at 9:10 am

YAY! I have been waiting and waiting for this announcement. I’m so excited. I liked your makeup the first time around, although the contour worked way better than the highlighter for me. I’m so excited to try this second generation of makeup, I’m really hopeful that both the highlighter and contour will be perfect for me this time. I LOVED your blush the first time, will you still be selling it in the tubes as well or are you switching completely over to the compact blush? I have to say I have really been impressed with your attitude on this. Instead of giving up or getting upset when the negative reviews came in (although there were plenty of positive reviews – mine being one of them) you really listened and worked even harder to find a make up that would be great for everyone. Thanks Cara! Congrats on the grand opening!

January 5, 2015 at 9:12 am

So exciting! I too, bought the original edition on Black Friday and it did not work for me – left me very dry and flaky looking, despite exfoliating, etc. I love what you do and am so excited to hear about the new release!

January 5, 2015 at 9:20 am

I am crazy happy and excited for you!!! And for me, because I’ve been waiting for this for months! Gonna get me some!

January 5, 2015 at 9:21 am

wahoo can’t wait to buy!!

Cassie Paxman Wilkes
    January 5, 2015 at 9:31 am

I am excited, I have wanted to buy something like this for a while. I couldn’t find anything I liked!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    January 5, 2015 at 9:51 am

Yay!! I am so excited!!!!

Corinn Kendall
    January 5, 2015 at 9:59 am

Oh Cara, this looks beautiful! I am so excited for you! You are such a sweet and inspiring person – beautiful both inside and out. I would love to be a lot more like you.

January 5, 2015 at 10:00 am

Oh my gosh I am so excited! I have been holding out on buying new makeup because I was waiting for this! Can’t wait to try it 😀

Christina Stevulak
    January 5, 2015 at 10:15 am

Yay! I was just about out! I’m so glad I can but it soon! Congratulations! Love you and all you do!

January 5, 2015 at 10:16 am

Yay! I am so excited not just for the 2nd generation, but also that all your work is going to pay off. You are such an inspiration for me. Also, I use your makeup tips all the time and I love how I look! Thank you!

January 5, 2015 at 10:28 am

Really excited you’ve reformulated! I bought the first one the night it came out (Black Friday?) and because I’m in Canada, I had to get it shipped to a PO box in the states and it was a whole thing. I only used it once because it made my face so greasy. Just wondering if you’d consider offering a discount or anything to those who have purchased before? I’d love to support you and buy again, but I’m still a bit nervous about shelling out money…

January 5, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Ashley H
    January 5, 2015 at 10:34 am

OMG so excited!! The idea that each one in individually refillable is genus! I love that you’ve made a brush too!! Can’t wait to try it. I’ve been wanting some of your makeup buy since medium has been out for so long, I decided to wait for the reformulation, and I’m glad I did. It looks amazing! Can’t wait!

Heidi G
    January 5, 2015 at 10:40 am

That’s great news! Is the reformulation something that works better on porous skin? I bought the first one when it first came out and it seemed to make my pores stand out (even after primer) so I never used it after that. I would love to know, cause I will for sure buy it if that’s the case! I love your blog!

Kelli M
      January 5, 2015 at 11:06 am

So excited to try this!!!

Britney B
    January 5, 2015 at 11:32 am

Yeessssss!!! I am so excited to see everything this week! This makes me so happy! You are amazing and I’m so happy you’re living your dream! 🙂 <3

Brittany Butkiewicz
    January 5, 2015 at 11:39 am

Can’t wait to try this – I did just buy new foundation since I didn’t know how much longer the wait would be. I do love that you can buy the pieces separately. 🙂

January 5, 2015 at 11:44 am

Yay yay yay!!!! Congratulations! I can’t wait to buy this!!!! I have bought two of the light color from generation 1(thank goodness for winter and fair skin, because I so wanted to try your product). I can’t wait to buy the medium, it is really my color but I have gotten by. 😉 I almost bought some makeup from Sephora yesterday, but couldn’t find what I wanted and am so glad I didn’t purchase anything. Can’t wait for January to buy more of your amazing product! I am hooked!

January 5, 2015 at 11:47 am

Yay! I hope I can find my card from Pinners that had my colors! 🙂

January 5, 2015 at 11:50 am

Yay!!! I love the new concept! I’ve been eagerly awaiting the release and saving Christmas money for it. I can’t wait, and I hope i can figure it out. Thanks for making a brush too!

Wishes & Reality
    January 5, 2015 at 12:21 pm

So exciting Cara! CONGRATULATIONS!

January 5, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Heather G
    January 5, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Hooray! I love the first generation so I can’t wait to try the 2nd one! Kinda sad about the brush… I just barely bought the ITcosmetics one. Is yours much better than it?

January 5, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Congratulations, Cara!!! Way to pursue your dream! 😀

Kendall Theriault
    January 5, 2015 at 12:58 pm

So excited for this! I travel a lot so having an all-in-one refillable palette is like a dream! Can’t wait to see all the options to choose from 🙂

January 5, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Yay! I’m so excited for this announcement. I’ve been checking about every other day for the news. Happy for you and for this big leap in your already successful business. Thanks.

January 5, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Pleeeeaaase tell me this gorgeous stuff will be available for Europe, too!
    I read and love your blog for quite a long time now and am so sad not to be able to try this 🙁

January 6, 2015 at 2:15 am

and australia too!!!!!

Tina P
    January 5, 2015 at 1:46 pm

How well do you think this will work with aging skin? 47ish….

January 5, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Congratulations – I’m dying to try this. Please tell us you have international shipping this time!

January 5, 2015 at 2:54 pm

So happy! I have and love all your blushes and also love the contour in medium. Couldn’t find anything like it so I have been waiting patiently for your improved line to come out. The highlighter didn’t work well for me but maybe I’ll give it another go. Now I just hope you don’t run out before I can get my hands on it!

January 5, 2015 at 2:54 pm

is the new version vegan friendly?

January 5, 2015 at 3:14 pm

So So Happy for You!!! Best Luck!!!

January 5, 2015 at 3:19 pm

so happy for you! that’s the coolest!

xo, k

J. Rolfe
    January 5, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Finally….At Last…Thank You…Relieve….Can’t Wait….!!!!!

Cathy H.
    January 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Cara, love your brilliant brain think tank!! So very excited for this product launch!

January 5, 2015 at 3:48 pm

I’m so excited!!!! Im getting married in May and was really hoping to have this to wear for my big day!!! I’m also buying my MOH one because I’ve been telling her all about it and now she wants some too!!

January 5, 2015 at 4:01 pm

YAYYYYY! I think I can squeeze one more week out of my current supply of makeup! I’ve been holding out for yours and am so excited it’s finally coming!

Nicole Walker
    January 5, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Congratulations, Im so excited for you Cara and love your products!

xoxo Nicole

January 5, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Looking forward to buy!!

January 5, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Congratulations! I’m looking forward to it!

January 5, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Gasp! A brush?!?! Can’t wait!!

Sabrina Smith
    January 5, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Will it be available for those of us in Canada?

January 5, 2015 at 6:09 pm

I sure hope this is a lot better of a product then last time. I received it for the 2013 Christmas. It was the most perfect color for my skin but if I even barely touched my face, it would come off. It felt like it was just sticking on top and that I could remove it in a breeze. I hope it’s amazing!

January 5, 2015 at 7:05 pm

It is sad that it didn’t work for you, so odd how all of us wear products differently. I am sure that Cara hopes it works for you as well. She has worked hard on this.

January 5, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Cara, this is so exciting!!! I can’t wait to try this out! I hope that you will be giving advice on which colors to pick just like last time. Looking forward to seeing all the upcoming details. Congrats girl!!!!

January 5, 2015 at 6:14 pm

A Monday to look forward to!!

January 5, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Wow! This all looks really great.

January 5, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Cara- I was running to get my credit card woman- and realized I would be sitting for a few days. I am soooo in need of another order and so excited! I bought the initial product in 2013 and I think that I bought too light (med) for my olive skin tone, and I struggled for the first 3-4 weeks (almost gave up) trying to blend and not having it too dry on my skin. But after realizing that exfoliating and moisturizing was very important and practicing with my brush I nailed it. Now, I nailed it in my eyes but nothing compared to your work but good enough for an average small town gal! I have started using a new primer and hubby noted my skin on day 1 so I am excited to have the new product in my hand. Thank you so much for pushing through on this and “brightening” all of our days (and faces!). Keep your chin up no matter what- you are a phenomenal woman and artist!

January 5, 2015 at 7:21 pm

I have been toying with ordering that brush you always talk about and I am so glad that I did not – I can not wait to buy yours! I am so excited and will definitely be joining the party!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

January 5, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Yeah! So excited. I was going to order the first generation but then saw that you were working on improving it so I waited. Glad to know the wait is over.

January 5, 2015 at 9:33 pm

I’m SO EXCITED!!!! Can’t wait it looks awesome 🙂 you’re awesome!

January 5, 2015 at 9:48 pm

By the way I haven’t had one problem or issue with the original IIID! I’m just glad I was able to score a few extra to last until the new release 🙂

January 6, 2015 at 12:58 am

Hey, will be avaliable to people in New Zealand?

Lovely Islander
    January 6, 2015 at 2:10 am

Wow! Can’t wait to try!!

xoxo Alice Rose

Lana Shvartzman
    January 6, 2015 at 3:22 am

Hi Cara 🙂
    I am a makeup artist, so I was wandering if the contouring colors in the Comp-HAC-t will mach any bright to tan skin shades? I’m from Israel, most of the women here have yellow, peach or olive undertones. Also, of course I’d like to know if there are shipments to Israel.
    Thank you!

Katya @ Little Broken
    January 6, 2015 at 7:40 am

Cara congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment! I’m all over that brush already! Love the color, style, and everything. Excited to see what other things you have in store.

January 6, 2015 at 11:21 am

Soo exciting! Congratulations, Cara! One thing I’m curious about in the new formula are the new ingredients…can you tell us if they (or the compact in general) is safe according to the Environmental Working Group’s SkinDeep Cosmetics website? I so hope to be able to use this new compact!

January 6, 2015 at 12:12 pm

You’re The Best, Cara! I’m so excited!! Keep making your dreams a reality b/c it actually benefits all of us!! Muah!! 😉

January 6, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Yeah congratulations! Hopefully you can ship to The Netherlands:). Love your blog!!

January 6, 2015 at 1:05 pm

I Love this! I was able to snag the medium set when it first came out and loved it. This looks even better. I can’t wait to buy again.

Eli M
    January 6, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Well I just can’t wait to try this new one because I LOVED LOVED LOVED the first one too!

January 6, 2015 at 8:17 pm

How very exciting, congrats! Definitely going to give it a try!

Amanda N
    January 6, 2015 at 10:05 pm

I’m so excited! I keep checking for the other posts about colors. I have an alarm set in my phone for 5:59!

January 6, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Looking forward to the big day! Congrats!

January 7, 2015 at 4:22 am

Hi! I’m not sure if anyone has asked this – but do you ship to Australia!? If not I hope you do soon! I love reading & watching your makeovers! To use the products would be the icing on the cake! Even with just using the tutorials I’ve changed the way I apply make up & have had some amazing compliments all thanks to you! So a very big THANK YOU!! Xx

Mónica Tristão Souto
    January 7, 2015 at 7:29 am

Oh Cara :((( this is not fair :((( I am waiting for this launch for so long but guess what ? unfortunately I live in EUROPE and you don’t ship to us :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( please make it available soon, I have been speaking about you to all my friends and we can’t wait to put our hands on it ! Lots of love from Portugal !

January 7, 2015 at 9:43 am

So glad you’re shipping to Canada, Cara. Canadian customs will be very busy next week!

January 7, 2015 at 10:55 am

This is so exciting Cara! You are such an inspiration! …my how far you have come. So proud of you and so, so, very happy for you. I cannot wait to join the fun on Monday. xo

Laurel Day
    January 7, 2015 at 3:09 pm

I came to order this for the first time without really checking up on your blog much in the past few months and was sad to see that I couldn’t order anything and then realizing that you’ve made everything even more perfect is like a face dream come true! Will you be doing pre-orders or anything of the sort?! Thank you so much for being such an inspiration and sharing your life with us 🙂 GOOD LUCK <3

Shea L.
    January 7, 2015 at 6:43 pm

How exciting!! Congratulations!

XoXo Shea L. ———->

January 9, 2015 at 9:36 am

Cara; I am really excited about the second generation IIID Foundation coming out! Do you happen to have a video posted as to how to use all of the different colors and how to use the new brush?

Thank you!

January 9, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Woo hoo! Go Cara! So exciting to see a dream come true!! I can’t wait to use your makeup!

January 11, 2015 at 9:33 pm

I cannot wait to order tomorrow! You are amazing Cara!

Makeover Monday! | Maskcara
    January 12, 2015 at 4:15 am

[…] The store opening party is tonight!!!! AHHHHH! I’m so darn excited my heart is racing just typing this right now. It’s gonna be a blast so even if you aren’t shopping I hope you’ll still stop by! I put a lot of thought into ways to really make it the most fun party we could have without actually being in the same room! There’s gonna be games, prizes, question answering and shadespotting here on the blog, on facebook & on instagram (got a few different spots just to make sure you all can be there!) Meet me here at 6pm PST. (I’ll have the link to the store then!) […]

January 12, 2015 at 7:20 am

That brush!!!!!! Must have it now!

January 12, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Can.not.wait.GAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! 😀

January 12, 2015 at 4:27 pm

I’m confused?! What is supposed to be happening right now??

Brittany Butkiewicz
      January 12, 2015 at 4:52 pm

6-9 Pacific Standard Time

January 12, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Never mind….. I’m in FL!!! Have to wait until it’s 6pm there!! Booooo

January 12, 2015 at 5:05 pm

What time is that in NY?! I’m too excited to do the math 🙂

August 28, 2015 at 7:38 am

Howdy very nice web site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Amazing ..
    I will bookmark your website and take the feeds also? I am satisfied to search out a lot of useful info right here in the publish, we
    want develop extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .