My Life

The wrap up.

There is something just refreshing about starting a new year. It’s so refreshing! I love to take an inventory before I start up on the goal making.
Kind of just think about what I’ve learned this year. So I’ve made a list of a few (cause of course. lists are my favorite)

1. 4 years old is my new favorite age.
He may not have the baby fat he once did, or the curly locks, or the mispronounced words (only a couple left…) which is kind of sad, I’ll admit. But there’s a lot of new stuff.
I love how I can just tell him what’s on my mind or show him something I think is cool and he can totally keep up. When I talk to him I think back to when I was a little, when adults treated me like I might actually have something to offer the conversation it made me feel so good. Like I was important. Like I wasn’t “just a kid”.  So I try my best to include him. Even when it’s something I think might go over his head or bore him, I fill him in and ask his opinion. I’m usually delighted to hear his commentary and surprised by how well he understands things.
+ I cannot get over how sweet he is to his brother. It truly is the most endearing love I’ve ever witnessed. It’s what sibling dreams are made of.

babyboys

2. Nausea is NO joke.
I still feel a little guilty for the way I abandoned the blog at the beginning of this year, when pregnant women everywhere seem to get through it SO gracefully! I’m a wuss & It hit me like a ton of bricks but….

3. Babies are THE BEST.
They just are heavenly.
I’m a total split personality. When I’m pregnant, I’m never having another…and when I’m babying, I want 10.
We’ll see who wins this fight!

baby

4. Pick a color and STICK WITH IT FOR A WHILE!
How ridiculous was my hair this year? It was dark and it was blonde but MOST of the year it was just blark (an awkward in between)
Maybe…just maybe…I got the bleach out of my system for a while? Next time I show signs of blonde fever could one of you PLEASE snap me out of it!? Cause my. hair. will. fall. out.

5. Family life is actually pretty romantic.
For most of my years when I’ve heard the word “romantic” a messy house and two kids was the last thing I’d picture. This one has definitely changed that. All the strawberry covered chocolates and first kisses in the world could not compare to the feeling I get when I watch Nick hold our baby, or when Christian says something only mildly funny and no one else would care but he and I look right at each other and know we’re both thinking about how amazing he is. Or that brief moment when both the babes are in bed and just hanging out with him makes every night feel like a weekend and my life feel like the one I always wanted.

nick

I can’t wait for 2015! There is so much I’m excited for! I can’t thank you guys enough for sticking with me. It’s truly a pleasure being able to have this group of friends all across the interwebs. I feel so incredibly blessed.
So much love to you all!

Here’s to the best year yet.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

signature

40 Comments

ailyn
    December 31, 2014 at 4:40 am

congrats on your baby! yes babies are the best, but you have a gem of a 4 year old too!

Rena
    December 31, 2014 at 4:42 am

I agree – family life is indeed pretty romantic 🙂 I enjoy it now since such a long time … and know about this 🙂 Happy New Year!

Stephanie
    December 31, 2014 at 6:12 am

Cara, I am so happy for you!! And to share all the things you do with the world is such a blessing!! Not many people have that type of courage but you do and I have so much respect for you. Thank you for all you do, Cara! Happy New Year!!

BlessedLady
    December 31, 2014 at 6:17 am

Cara, you will never KNOW how much you have helped me this year with your blog. You are such a blessing and an inspiration to a lot of women. Thank you for including some of us more “mature ladies “around 50 with makeup tips and ideas. Happy New Year and many blessings for you and your family.

Maria Wright
    December 31, 2014 at 6:21 am

Cara/brow whisperer,
    thank you so much for all the love and dedication you put into your blog, videos, and everything else you do. I only wish there were more people in the world like you and this would be a happier universe with sexy eyebrows.
    May 2015 bring you and your amazing family lots of snuggle and giggle time (because we all know that’s all that really matters).

Carol Higdon
    December 31, 2014 at 6:46 am

I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Emerald Earrings
    December 31, 2014 at 7:09 am

Happy New Year Cara! After following you for a couple of years, I feel like we’re friends (who have never met). haha. Your family is precious and I’m so thrilled for you! Blessings to you!

anagoldseker
    December 31, 2014 at 7:37 am

sweet new years to you also. Thank you for all the great advice.

Jenny
    December 31, 2014 at 7:41 am

This is a really sweet post! I don’t have children yet, and have been so nervous about having kids, but posts like this make me less anxious and more excited the prospect of starting a family with my husband. Happy New Years to you and your family!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

Catherine R.
    December 31, 2014 at 8:11 am

This absolutely perfect. My son will be 5 on Jan. 14 and this past year has been an absolute dream! We are hoping to add to our little family this year as well. I hope your new year is beautiful.

KittNoir
    December 31, 2014 at 9:57 am

Happy New Year Lovely! Xx

Chrissie Dyson
    December 31, 2014 at 10:16 am

Happy New Year Cara, thanks for helping us all to be more beautiful, looking forward to 2015!

LAURENCE KING
    December 31, 2014 at 11:03 am

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family, Cara! And thank you for everything you bring to us 🙂

Ashley H
    December 31, 2014 at 11:25 am

This makes me so excited for this upcoming year! I will be having my 1st baby in the spring and I’m so happy to be starting a family in 2015!! Love hearing your awesome positive perspective.

pocketofblossomskiely
    December 31, 2014 at 12:23 pm

that last one makes me so excited for married life! i’m getting married in may and cannot wait to hang out with my love every night 🙂

xo, k

Christine Waters
    December 31, 2014 at 1:00 pm

You’re really great. Your boys and hubby are gorgeous. Your family is amazing. So glad I found you on the “interwebs.” ♥

bobbic2633
    December 31, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Cara, I understand your feeling guilt over not being able to keep up with the blog while you were dealing with morning sickness, but please don’t allow the appearance of others’ seemingly easy, breezy time of it fool you – just because we can put a happy face on things doesn’t mean most of us are Superwoman, nor should we expect to be.

You handled yourself, your pregnancy and your blog just great! Happy New Year. 🙂

Deborah Sacchi
    December 31, 2014 at 1:24 pm

So wonderful that you are so happy and you know it! You deserve it.

Laurie Bishton
    December 31, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Happy New Year, Cara! Love your blog!

Diana in LAS
    December 31, 2014 at 4:27 pm

This old broad is so HAPPY she discovered your blog over a year ago. I swear I’m looking younger! My goal in 2015 is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which I should have done in 2013 because I made a promise in 2012 and planned in 2011…

carol
    December 31, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I love this time of year. I love Christmas but I so enjoy the calm of these days after Christmas. I can’t wait to get going on organizing my home
    Love your blog and all your beauty ideas. Happy 2015 to you and your family.

Angie
    December 31, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Happy New year! Do NOT feel guilty about taking time when you had morning sickness! Yes, some women handle it gracefully, but some also have very easy pregnancies, so don’t let anyone judge you (including yourself!). 🙂 I breezed through my first pregnancy, and was so sick with my second that I ended up in the hospital. My third was somewhere in between. My point being that every single pregnancy is different. No more guilt! 🙂 blessings to you and your family in the new year 🙂

Rebecca C
    January 1, 2015 at 9:01 am

You’re a blessing Cara ♡ Have a wonderful new year with your beautiful family!

Britney
    January 1, 2015 at 9:07 am

Okay, you got me psyched for the new year! I love your list, and it inspired me to make my own. 🙂 Looking forward to 2015! And, on a side note, looking forward to your new releases! I hope I snag some before they’re sold out! Congrats on all your success! Love and happiness <3

Sue
    January 1, 2015 at 2:52 pm

You are so sweet; such a good hearted soul 🙂 Thanks for putting so much positivity out there

myfairdaily
    January 2, 2015 at 7:01 am

Good luck in the New Year Cara! Hope your boys bring you endless bounds of joy everyday!

boyfriendisabanker
    January 2, 2015 at 9:29 am

Love the list 🙂 Your family is beautiful and I love reading about how you enjoy all the simple joys. You are an amazing woman!

Leslie
    January 2, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Hey Cara! Is there a reason why I can’t go to the “shop” page? It shows page error! Just checking. Happy New year

Liesy
    January 2, 2015 at 8:56 pm

I’m going to be honest, this made me tear up reading this. You seem like the most beautiful down to earth person and so humble in everything you do and achieve. I really enjoy your blog, I’ve been visiting for a while and I love it 🙂 keep up the good work I hope to keep visiting your blog in 2015, much happiness to you and your family xx

Boni
    January 2, 2015 at 11:15 pm

HaPpy NeW YeaR, CaRa!! 🙂 You’re right, nausea is no joke. I’ve suffered with it all year long. My disease causes me much grief. I’m happy I will be having more surgery to remove some more of my intestines hopefully by February! Seriously. Then I will honestly be able to say this is a great New Year!! I can’t wait, so desperately anxious!!! 🙂

Lauren Clemons
    January 3, 2015 at 8:34 pm

Cara, no one can rock dark hair like you do. I love blonde hair on most people, I’m always encouraging my blonde friends to kick up the platinum factor but your dark hair is extremely exotic on you, I promise promise promise. Don’t stray, ‘aight.

kellysparklesandshoes
    January 4, 2015 at 8:05 pm

You certainly had a very exciting 2014 and I have enjoyed following along! I wish you all the best for 2015 and I can not wait to see what it has in store for you!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Kristen Crandall
    January 4, 2015 at 9:31 pm

You have a wonderful perspective. Thanks for your continual optimism and finding beauty in so many things!

Laureen
    January 4, 2015 at 11:31 pm

I completely agree. We had our first baby in June and it has been absolutely magical. I fallen more in love with my husband as I have seen him fall in love with our son. Thanks for sharing this post and reminding all of us what true beauty looks like.

Katie
    January 5, 2015 at 2:30 pm

What a happy, feel-good post. I admire your candidness, humor, and love of life. It is truly the little things. Blessings.

Nancy
    January 5, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Happy New Year to you and your gorgeous fam! Loved reading your thoughts! I have a 6 month old so I could relate in so many ways. 2015 will be a great year!

AJ
    January 5, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Happy New Year! You are right on with how you interact with your four year old- I have always treated my 2 boys as people and never dumbed-down anything because they were kids. I used the same vocabulary that I would use for adult conversations and they would ask me when they didn’t know a word. They have off-the-chart vocabularies now at 10 & 13, reading scores that put them at the high school level and are extremely curious about everything. And I never did this in a deliberate way either-just completely organic and relaxed. So keep doing what you are doing-you will be thrilled at how it turns out!

Rache
    January 6, 2015 at 11:25 am

OK, I’m ashamed to admit it, but I’ve been away for a while. (Congrats on your new little one!!!) I just read this entry and am TOTALLY in love with everything you said in numbers 1, 3 and 5 (2 – I will give a BIG amen to and as for 4, I think you’re GORGEOUS with the dark hair, but that’s just IMHO) I have a 2 1/2 year old so I’m kind of between the big kid and new baby stages – but I SO look forward to the big kid phase! And I just LOVE how you use the word romantic for your family time. I feel the same way, but thought I was the only one. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Summer Ann
    January 7, 2015 at 12:58 pm

I just teared up reading this. I am so glad you have had such a wonderful year. I don’t know you but you seem like such a genuinely sweet person and I wish you all of the happiness and success in the world.

XOXO,
    Summer Ann

Carly Cabrin
    January 7, 2015 at 5:08 pm

This post gave me goose bumps! You are so thoughtful and funny and real. Very happy for you! I often feel the same happiness when my honey and i are cuddled on the couch, oh who am i kidding, sitting on the cold wood floor of our 2 year olds bedroom playing and laughing and there’s dishes in the sink and toys in every room of the house. I just feel complete and at peace and lucky You are an inspiration to women everywhere! KEEP KICKING ASS GIRLFRIEND!