Cozied up

What?! Two outfits in a row? Kind of unheard of around here.
I’ve just had these outfits for a little while waiting to be worn and I figured if I didn’t post them real soon all of the items would be gone and the whole thing would be a waste:) So please forgive me for doubling up on ya!

I fell in love with this vest but I felt like I needed to find a shirt with thin tight sleeves in order to make it flattering. I found this one at Nordstrom and I really love it, it’s super thin so it’s perfect for layering. Then I found this cute heels during Notdstrom’s Black Friday sale and I was so excited because I’ve been looking for some cute D’Orsay heels for a while now!
IMG_35blog (1) IMG_38blog

Lipstick: MAC Relentlessly Red (blotted in so it looks softer)

IMG_47blog IMG_48blog

Photos by Ashley Flowers

Top – Nordstrom
Vest- BB Dakota
Jeans – American Eagle
Shoes  – L.A.M.B.  (On sale right now! YAY!)

Have a super fun weekend!

December 12, 2014 at 6:13 pm

excellent choice in hiking heels, Cara! they look great haha xo

December 12, 2014 at 7:59 pm

THANK YOU! it made for an interesting climb:)

December 12, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Is your vest blac? It looks dark blue to me.

December 12, 2014 at 8:00 pm

yeah it’s kind if a charcoal black so it’s got a touch of gray:)

Wishes & Reality
    December 12, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Love this! I have that same vest but with white shearling…I love your version and how you paired with heels. Gorgeous, as always:)

Heidi D.

December 12, 2014 at 9:32 pm

oh I love that one too!! thank you:)

December 12, 2014 at 8:15 pm

You look fabulous!!!! Where can I get that vest?

December 12, 2014 at 8:32 pm

I just bought that top a couple of weeks ago! It’s so incredibly soft, but I wish it wasn’t so sheer. I don’t always like layering but with that top it’s an absolute must.

December 12, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Target has similar shirts tissue tees black white olive multi color luv them

December 12, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Your makeup is so perfect! It just looks so casual and natural without skimping on the pretty factor! Where were these photos taken?? The scenery is gorgeous!

Mocha And Moccasins
    December 12, 2014 at 9:26 pm

LOVE the vest and of course the shoes too!

Katherine Willis
    December 12, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Adorable! Must have on all three!

December 12, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I was on my way out the SLC airport (work) & I noticed a very tiny beautiful woman carrying a baby & thought omg she’s so skinny after giving birth& she looked just like you.

December 12, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Love it! You always have the best outfits

~ Carmen ~
    December 12, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Oh my, those heels are killer. They’re so sexy. I like this easy, chic look. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

December 13, 2014 at 2:00 am

what a cute outfit!! It looks so cozy!!

December 13, 2014 at 3:00 am

Great everyday outfit spiced with heels

December 13, 2014 at 10:58 am

LOVE this vest! It looks so stylish, warm, and comfy! Don’t even get me started on the jeans – love them too!! I just found your blog – new follower here!

leticia warwick justus
    December 13, 2014 at 11:58 am

Your hair is so beautiful in these photos – simple yet luxe ! And same with your fresh faced makeup -lovely !

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    December 13, 2014 at 6:52 pm

I love the vest, and your hair, and you just look amazing girl!!!

Laura Markle
    December 13, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I love the textures of that vest! It looks super soft!

She Likes to Shop

krista jacobs
    December 14, 2014 at 10:26 am

Oh I love this! Those heels are perfection.

December 14, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Love the outfit and you look fabulous after just having a baby! I had my baby 8 months ago and my tummy still isn’t flat enough to wear tight shirts. Do you have any suggestions on how to achieve your amazing abs?

December 14, 2014 at 7:28 pm

These shoes are adorable and I love the vest!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

December 14, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I just adore you, Cara, and this post is a perfect example of why! I love that you talk about needing to find an undershirt with “thin arms” to make it right, because we all struggle with those little things, and sometimes it seems like so many other bloggers get so caught up with the image — here’s my outfit, it is perfect, I had all the pieces and they came together effortlessly… and it’s just not useful. Your blog is so useful, so authentic, and you do it with such beauty and grace — inside and out <3

December 15, 2014 at 6:07 am

Uuuhhmmmmm…..you look stunning for just having a baby! I kinda want to hate you for it but I just CAN’T!!! You look amazing….tight-shirt-arms and all!!! 😉

December 15, 2014 at 8:09 am

Sorry, these clothes posts are not that interesting. Looking forward to more makeup advice.

Emerald Earrings
    December 15, 2014 at 9:21 am

Love this! But do those shoes not hurt your feet? I have the hardest time wearing shoes that don’t have anything on the inside of my sole, but those are sooo gorgeous!

December 15, 2014 at 10:22 am

You look so beautiful Cara! I have been wanting a vest for a while and this just confirms it for me.. I NEED ONE! 🙂

Ludy Amezcua
    December 15, 2014 at 2:03 pm

You look so effortless chic and beautiful! Love it!

Sonya Burgess
    December 15, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I would love to know what the brand and color of the pink polish is.

December 16, 2014 at 2:16 am

I LOVE these clothing posts!!! You can’t do makeup and hair without doing some fashion, too! They go hand in hand. But every chic well rounded beauty girl knows this! You are Allure, Glamour, Marie Claire, and In Style rolled into one. You are SO BEAUTIFUL, Cara!! You know I remember vests being really popular in the early 90’s, but they weren’t awesome like this. I love this, it feels like a cross between a jacket and a vest. I love it’s length and texture, it’s incredibly wearable! And yes you’re right about a thin shirt being perfect for it. I love the extra long sleeves, so pretty!! I love clothes, you always put it together just right and make it your own. It’s so much fun going through your closet!! 🙂 I can imagine all the cool things I’d want to steal! I mean borrow, that is of course what I meant. Yes… borrow. 😉 I love the makeup look, too! You’re as a pretty as a picture. Thank you for this! 🙂

January 1, 2015 at 4:23 pm

Hi! Happy New Year to you and your family! I have been following you now for about 6 months and I LOVE your posts! I look forward to them all the time! I think you are funny and beautiful and love all the stuff you talk about. I fell in love with this look and immediately went looking to purchase. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get the vest in my size, but I was able to get the shoes! They came perfect timing for New Years Eve and I wore them out last night and got great compliments. They were high, but comfortable! I absolutely love them! I am looking forward to your posts in the coming year! I hope you had a great time last night! Wishing you and your family all the best for 2015!