Hair Hair Tutorials

I don’t care – Party Hair

I might be a little obsessed with messy hair these days! I just think that it looks so cute with with short and mid-length locks because you get that bend and curl without looking too overdone (Shirley Temple Style) and you don’t lose length! Plus I love some big body to make it look super thick.

With this style I used the Beachwaver Pro, have you tried it? It’s kind of amazing cause it basically curls your hair for you! I’ll show you how to use it in the tutorial but I also wanted to mention that it has THE LONGEST barrel! I’m really excited to have this for when my hair is long again because I was always having to overlap my curls on other irons but I think this one will be just the right size.

Also I have found a new love in hair products!
Redken Wind Blown.
It seriously doubles the size of your hair! And gives it a perfect tousled texture. Plus it smells DELISH.

(In this video I’m wearing Topshop Boardroom on my lips, it’s a super unique shade!)

Happy Hump Day!

December 3, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Thank you for sharing this! I just cut my hair from waist to shoulder length for locks of love. I’ve been struggling with how to style it and this helps so much!

Lisa Scott Provost
      December 3, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Ohmahgaaash, me too! I’m a couple months post cutting about 18″ off, and it just does NOT behave the same!

December 3, 2014 at 10:32 pm

You’re welcome! Hope you love it! Locks of love is great!

December 3, 2014 at 12:38 pm

List of products you used on your lips and eyes,please! Just beautiful!

December 3, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Hi Brittany! Thank you! I used the It cosmetics palette Soft light and Iconic, and on the lips I used Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics liner in Sebastian and Topshop lipstick in Boardroom!

December 3, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I’m so glad you did this one! I’ve been dying to know if the beachwaver lived up to the hype. I have to have it now! I’m so impatient when it comes to standing still curling my hair lol. This seems like a breeze 🙂 xoxo

December 3, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I remember Jenna Dewan Tatum (Channing Tatum wife) tweeted about this product. She said she is not been paid to say it she just loves it so much.

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    December 3, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Love this look so much!!!

December 3, 2014 at 10:43 pm

Thank you Rachel!

Jamie Gingerelli
    December 3, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I have a qq- I usually rotate out left or right on either side of my head, like you did in the front. But I don’t rotate on the sides of my head, like you did- what is the benefit of doing this as opposed to curling the whole right side to the right and all of the left side to the left? Thanks!!!

Lisa Scott Provost
      December 3, 2014 at 7:57 pm

When it’s all the same direction, it’s easier for it to all merge into one weirdbig gigantic ringlet halfway through the day!

December 3, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Hi Jamie! alternating the curl helps it to look more natural and to prevent the curls from clumping together!

December 3, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Your hair is beautiful. I have super fine hair, and I can get it to curl sometimes. Today, though, I curled it like normal and waited about 20 minutes to let it cool down before I veeeeeery lightly ran my fingers through, and the curl fell out completely! (I used hairspray on the curls, too, as well as a curling cream that I have). I have never been able to figure out why some days my hair will hold curl well and other days it refuses. Thoughts?
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

December 3, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Hi Jenny! Thank you!! I totally feel ya, I have fine hair too! Do you blow dry your hair? On days you curl it it’s worth it to air dry because the heat from the blow dryer prevents hair from holding a curl as well as it could if it just dried naturally.

ashley sullivan
    December 3, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Why am I always so in love with your makeup in every video?!?!
    Could you tell us what you used on your eyes?

December 3, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Thank you Ashley! I used the It cosmetics palette Soft light and Iconic!

December 3, 2014 at 1:41 pm

I love how your hair turned out! The photo wall behind you is really neat too. You should tell us about it!

December 3, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Thanks Jessica! My sister Rachel made it by printing out pictures and Modge Podgeing them onto a foam board! I love how it turned out!

December 3, 2014 at 1:45 pm

As always Cara you look radiant! What happened to the Nov 28th IIID foundation sales???? Pleaseeeeeee 🙂

December 3, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Thank you Janna you’re so sweet! I posted a detailed update to the IIID foundation page but basically the weather caused a delay.So frustrating! I’m so sorry! I will be sure to update everyone as soon as I have an exact date! I hope that you are having a great week!

Mocha And Moccasins
    December 3, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Love this look, but I have yet to master it!

December 3, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Great look and look so effortless 🙂

Quinn Rose
    December 3, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Thanks for sharing! I have the hardest time with hair, it just won’t grow fast! I’ve tried everything =(

Emily Lowery
    December 3, 2014 at 2:30 pm

oh wow this hairstyle is lush! xo

EmsAlice // Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

December 3, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss, my girl is back!

December 3, 2014 at 3:52 pm

PLEASE do a tutorial on your eye makeup!!!! It would be PERFECT for my work Christmas Party next week! It’s beautiful!!

December 3, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Your makeup is gorgeous in this video! Tutorial please!!!!

December 3, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Very nice. Would love it if you could check out my latest lookbook!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

December 3, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Do you have any recommendations for a longer barrel iron that doesn’t cost $200? Thanks?

December 3, 2014 at 11:11 pm

This one from Sephora looks similar and has great reviews! Plus it’s only 40 bucks! here’s the link

December 4, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Thank you so much!! And thanks for the reply! As always, love every single video you do!

December 3, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Eye makeup tutorial please!

Natalie Brown
    December 3, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Love this post! I just chopped my hair and am look for new things to do with it.

December 3, 2014 at 9:56 pm

i adore this look- it turned out perfectly on you! i have medium-long hair right now and i think i can pull off something similar 🙂 really tempted to try that redken wind blown product, too!!

December 4, 2014 at 12:23 am

i love the messy hair look! my hair always ends up too flat to do it though, any advice?

xoxo, kiely

December 4, 2014 at 3:29 am

Big love for messy hair!

December 4, 2014 at 4:32 am

Hair and makeup is perfect for my company party tonight, any makeup tips for this look? I need all the help I can get 🙂

Mary Lyndall
    December 4, 2014 at 9:07 am

I have battling with the decision to cut long hair mid length. I feel so attach to my hair, but I want something new. This post has given me some great ideas if I do cut my hair.

December 4, 2014 at 11:00 am

I love messy hair!

x Kate

Emerald Earrings
    December 4, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Your hair seems to have a reddish/mahagony tone to it in this videp! Did you color it again or is it just the lighting?

Also, do you have a slightly cheaper alternative to the Redken Wind Blown? $20 is a little steep for me right now. Too many Christmas gifts to buy! haha

Klara Kamilla
    December 4, 2014 at 6:57 pm

For the first time in my life, a hair tutorial that makes me feel terribly validated because this is how my hair looks without any styling (therefore 364 days of the year)! Usually a source of shame that it’s not curly, it’s not straight, it’s just part-wavy, part-messy – today at least I can point at this tutorial and say “Here are people who actually WANT their hair to look like this!” 🙂 yay!

December 4, 2014 at 11:33 pm

I loveee messy hair too! Mine usually naturally looks like this in the summer when it is more humid, but right now it is all straight. So this is perfect for me! Thanks for sharing <3

December 4, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Love this look, can’t wait to try wind blown, I love your makeup more though, could you please, PLEASE, do a makeup tutorial for this look?

Friday Link Love, Vol. 59
    December 5, 2014 at 4:02 am

[…] Stumped about how to get your hair party ready? This year is all about the I DON’T CARE PARTY HAIR. Put that flat iron down and find out how to recreate this easy look for yourself! […]

Jeannette Koch
    December 5, 2014 at 4:53 am

Medium length messy look is my go-to and all time favorite look! It’s just too effortless and sexy.

December 5, 2014 at 1:34 pm

You look beyond beautiful in this video–and to think you are a busy new mommy also!! Blessings, Roxanne

December 6, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Did you put any products in your hair before you curled it? I’m going to try it tonight.

Jessica Firman
    December 6, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Do you have a suggestion for a dupe for that lipstick? I’m dying over it but hate having to get things shipped…would rather run to Ulta or Sephora.
    Thanks! 🙂

Lisa Scott Provost
      December 6, 2014 at 7:55 pm

It looks a lot like the new NYX nude lip crayon thingies in Sable. Nude yet pinky purple… that’s a thing, right?? 🙂

December 7, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Oh my goodness, so pretty Cara!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Katie Elwood
    December 8, 2014 at 11:51 am

I love using my rod for waves! Great post and tips!

December 11, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Cara, I bought Wind Blown- holy cow! It is exactly what I’ve been looking for! I’ve had the best hair week of my life! 🙂

I april vil jeg… | WORDJUGGLES
    April 6, 2015 at 12:45 am

[…] >> Gå til frisøren. Det er længere tid siden at jeg har været ved frisøren end jeg vil indrømme. Sidste gang håret trængte blev det klippet over vasken med en køkkenvask af ingen mindre end moi. Nu drømmer jeg om kortere sommertoner, der kan styles med fine krøller til festlige lejligheder og et uglet look til hverdag. Mit hår er lige nu så langt og rundt at jeg ikke magter andet end en hestehale. Krøller og fine frisure glider ud efter kort tid, hvis jeg ikke overdænger skalpen med hårlak, og jeg er ikke stor fan af hårlak eller andre hårprodukter, der får mit hår til at føles stift eller klistret. Så beslutningen er taget, minimum 20 cm skal af. Jeg er skræmt og glæder mig på samme tid. Tænk at hår skal have så stor en betydning. #1st world problems.    {Maskcara} […]

November 28, 2015 at 12:34 pm

thanks for sharing this! i really love this hairstyle 🙂