Before & Afters Makeup

Makeover Monday – Bethany

Bethany is SO beautiful.
When I was doing a photoshoot with Jessica one of my makeovers I planned to do had to cancel last minute. Bethany was hanging out at the studio helping Jessica out and was so sweet to stand in and be the makeover for me spur of the moment!
I’m so glad she did too because…loook at those brownies and the pillow lips. And the skin.

Take a look for yo self.
bethany

bethany2

IMG_03102

Photos by: Jessica Janae Photography

Who looks like that without a stitch of makeup? Gadfrees.
I love the sort of natural take on a 20’s ish look on her too.

What I used:

Skin: IIID Foundation in Walnut, Sunlit & Shadow. Blush in Ruby
Eyes: Ebony Dipbrow to define the brows, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, Kitten & Sandstone on eyes (from the STila In The Light Palette)
L’Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black mascara & Esqido Little Black Lash
Lips: Buxom Lips Polish in Julie

I hope you had a thoroughly delightful weekend and didn’t freeze your buns off! I’m excited for this week, got some fun stuff to show you:)

signature

75 Comments

pocketofblossoms
    November 16, 2014 at 9:41 pm

she looks gorgeous!

xoxo, kiely

Sheyla
    November 16, 2014 at 10:13 pm

OMG a hair tutorial on this look please! Such pretty waves. How do you get that pretty sleek on the top and even waves at the bottom?

Cara
      November 17, 2014 at 9:03 am

You got it! Tutorial coming up!

Sarah
        November 17, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Yay yay yay!! Was gonna ask for the same thing. Thanks in advance.

Leticia Justus
        November 18, 2014 at 7:21 am

I agree ! LOVE the hair as well . I look forward to that Tutorial !

This is an awesome makeup transformation …it was meant to be 🙂

Amy
        November 19, 2014 at 6:16 am

YAY!!! I was going to beg for the same. She looks gorgeous. And her hair is perfection!

Natalie
    November 17, 2014 at 12:52 am

yeeeeeeeeeeeeessss ^^^^^ hair tutorial please 😀

Ashley H
      November 17, 2014 at 7:17 am

Yes, I NEEEEED this hair tutorial!!!

Natalie
    November 17, 2014 at 12:54 am

AND she looks like a total model!

bryannaphillips
    November 17, 2014 at 1:23 am

Absolutely stunning!

stefanie sombaty
    November 17, 2014 at 1:47 am

Wowza! Went from being a very pretty girl to a beautiful woman. Those brown eyes are mesmerizing with and without makeup. I could stare at them all day. They have such a beautiful almond shape too!

Cara
      November 17, 2014 at 9:03 am

I couldn’t agree more!!

Eve
    November 17, 2014 at 1:53 am

Hair tutorial please!!!

Sharrie nelson
    November 17, 2014 at 2:26 am

I bet she was thrilled to help you out! I have a question…. Can you recommend a substitute for “bliss” from Stila in the light shadow collection?

Cara
      November 17, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Do you have any other palettes? Nakeds per chance?

Sharrie Nelson
        November 18, 2014 at 1:48 am

No, but I’m open to suggestions. I just really like the combination of bare, bliss and sandstone from that collection and the bliss is almost gone. I could buy it again, but everything else in that palette is still pretty full. Guess I’m cheap!

Jill
    November 17, 2014 at 4:04 am

Kara,
    She looks amazing! I have a product question for you that I hope I can answer…how do I tell if the IIID Foundation I purchased from you is the right color? I am scandinavian, blond, blue eyed. Have a lot of red in my skin. I purchased the Light color, because I was really concerned that the contouring color looked so dark, but when I put it on, I can hardly tell the dark is on my skin. I’m thinking I should be medium? My coloring is probably closest to Aubrey or the girl in your video. I’d love any tips you could share for color selection! Thanks!

Cara
      November 17, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Hi Jill! This is a mistake I think many fair skinned girls could make (which is why I changed the colors to names instead of light-medium-dark) Aubrey wears what would qualify as medium in Sunlit & Stone I believe. If your skin has that tone you cannot go wrong with that combo!

Jill
        November 18, 2014 at 3:59 am

Thank you so much for replying! I’ll order that combo. 🙂

Jessica
    November 17, 2014 at 4:15 am

Kara,
    Love your makeovers! Can you tell me what kind of brush you use to apply the dipbrow? I just can’t figure out how to apply it without it looking smudged.

Cara
      November 17, 2014 at 7:47 pm

It’s tricky! I use an angled brush (It cosmetics brand) an go VERY lightly in small strokes!

Jessica
        November 18, 2014 at 5:26 am

Thanks! I’ve been using the angled elf brush but I still have a heavy hand.

Jill
    November 17, 2014 at 4:55 am

I’m not great at applying eyeshadow, but I do have the Stila In the Light palette and can’t figure out how you got this look with the two shades you mentioned. Sunset seems to go on way darker on me, and where do you apply Kitten? As a brow highlighting shade, it always looks way to shimmery on me. Can you explain how you applied the eyeshadow? Thanks!

Jill
      November 17, 2014 at 4:58 am

Sorry, read that wrong; I noticed you applied Sandstone, not Sunset. No wonder I couldn’t get close to the same result. 🙂 Still wondering about Kitten though.

Jennifer
        November 17, 2014 at 5:36 am

Could it have been on the inner corner? That’s what it looks like to me 🙂

Cara
          November 17, 2014 at 7:48 pm

yep! Jennifer got it, I actually didn’t use it to highlight the brow I used it in tht inner corners to give it a BLING!

Boni
    November 17, 2014 at 4:58 am

She looks like a model on the cover of a beauty magazine, Cara! Job. Well. Done. A stunner in the making. She is SIZZLING! That girl will give some serious whip lash. Prepare to be sued! The both of you. Jaw dropper! Gorgeous girl, smoking hot! Hair tutorial PLEASE P L E A S E!!!!!

Cara
      November 17, 2014 at 7:49 pm

THanks Boni! You ALWAYS make my day! <3<3<3

Boni
        November 19, 2014 at 12:35 pm

You’re welcome, Cara! You are such a joy! 🙂

Sarah
    November 17, 2014 at 5:13 am

SO excited for the next generation! Is the packaging going to be the same? I LOVED the formula on the first generation, but the packaging straight up broke up me (cracked in the center, held together by the label 🙁 )
    Also, can we buy it in individual shades? Do a preview of the shades before the pre-sale, pretty please! Can’t wait!! I’ve followed you from the era of the old black background website, so proud of you!

Cara
      November 17, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Thank you so so much Sarah! UGH! I know I was so mad about the packaging breaking before so no worries I TOTALLY upgraded it! and yes it will be individual so you can create the perfect palette for you and YES I will give you some good info before the sale so you have time to think about it and such!

Desiree
    November 17, 2014 at 5:36 am

OMG Cara! I wish we lived closer so you could make me over!!!! What did you use for her hair? Beautiful I must say. You’re awesome 🙂

agus
    November 17, 2014 at 6:57 am

lol i was thinking the same thing!!!!!! how i wish she could make over me!! hahaha
    you are so talented Cara!! love ur posts!!!

Crystal Howard
    November 17, 2014 at 7:50 am

So pretty but even more so if she’d smile. We’ll done Cara. If you ever come to Oregon you’d have to let us know because I’d love to get a make over from you!!! 🙂

Teenerg
      November 17, 2014 at 11:06 am

I second the request for you to come to Oregon! This girl looked beautiful before without a stitch of makeup, after she is a smokin’ hot babe. WOW! I could totally offer you more of a makeover challenge my look is stuck in 1989….. How do you get out of a makeup rut?

kristyndcurtis
    November 17, 2014 at 7:53 am

Beautiful girl! You always do such a great job highlighting people’s natural beauty Cara!

Mekenna
    November 17, 2014 at 8:12 am

What makeup brushes did you use to apply foundation? Are all 3 foundation colors going to come in one palette or have to be bought separately?

Kelly M
    November 17, 2014 at 8:15 am

One of the (many) reasons I love your blog is the way that you honor the beauty in the “before” photos. She looks gorgeous both ways, but the “after” has major wow factor for dress up days.

Jennie
    November 17, 2014 at 8:36 am

Love it and that I can fiiiiiiiiiiinally get my hands on some III D! Will there be a pre-sale or head start for those previously on the wait list?

CRIS
    November 17, 2014 at 9:05 am

WHICH TOOL DID YOU USE ON HER HAIR!!!!!??!?!?!?!?

smfarris
    November 17, 2014 at 9:10 am

Wow! She looks so much older with all the hair and makeup. It looks beautiful!

Kudzuu
    November 17, 2014 at 9:36 am

Bethany and her makeup are just beautiful, but she doesn’t look too pleased about it all.

Rachel
    November 17, 2014 at 9:49 am

Cara you are so amazing! Not only is your work beautiful you are so generous in that you make people feel beautiful! I mean, I’m just a reader but reading how you talk about your makeover candidates really just makes me feel good about myself–makeup or not! I just love that your passion is beauty and makeup and fun stuff like that but that you are grounded and see the natural beauty in everyone. Anyway–long time reader but have never commented but thought I would today! Love your blog! : ) Your positivity is very much appreciated!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    November 17, 2014 at 9:55 am

She looks amazing! She is definitely a natural beauty, but her makeup is incredible 🙂

Janine
    November 17, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Yay I was going to ask for a hair tutorial too but saw that someone already asked for it. Can’t wait!!!!

Angela
    November 17, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Amazing! She is beautiful!!

Carol Higdon
    November 17, 2014 at 4:28 pm

She is so pretty! You are such an inspiration!

Amanda Botti
    November 17, 2014 at 5:25 pm

The eyebrows make this such a dramatic look, just gorgeous, fresh and refreshing… not too much, accentuates and already beautiful face.

Diane
    November 17, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Simply beautiful!!! Ahhh..to have such talent.

Lisa Scott Provost
    November 18, 2014 at 1:28 am

Wow, she is beautiful! Brown eyes with blonde hair is just such a startling combination, I always wanted that (green and blonde, pretty much the opposite of exotic, ha!).

And I am SO glad you’re going to do this hair tutorial, because wow.

Killed it as usual, lady! *fistbump*

Mekenna
    November 18, 2014 at 3:32 am

Need a makeup tutorial on this look!! Please :))))

Katie Reiter
    November 18, 2014 at 5:25 am

Beautiful makeup but Holy Resting Bitch Face Batman!

Cait
    November 18, 2014 at 6:32 am

Lady, your talent knows no bounds! And color me STOKED that the pre-sale is finally happening! I am at the last drops of my current foundation but ekeing it out so that I can wait to buy yours 🙂

Maggie Dallospedale
    November 18, 2014 at 7:22 am

Hi sweetie
    Beautiful make up
    Kisses
    Maggie Dallospedale Fashion diary – Fashion blog

Molly Gardner
    November 18, 2014 at 8:01 am

3 things: 1 – laughed so hard at “Gadfrees!” 2 – She looks stunning and I love how you show how makeup enhances natural beauty. You are the queen of “less is more.” She’s breathtaking and wearing the perfect amount of makeup. 3 – so exciting to see your makeup line grow and develop, wishing continued success to you!!

xo
    Molly

Lisa
    November 18, 2014 at 8:48 am

Cara I have just come across your blog and I LOVE IT!!! Your makeup looks are stunning and so natural. I can see me taking lots of tips from you!! Lisa xx

Meredith
    November 18, 2014 at 12:05 pm

She looks AMAZE!! Everything about it!! And BEYOND EXCITED about the next generation of IIID!! Woo hoo!!
    QUESTION: Will you be doing a video/blog post introducing all the new color combos and suggestions for how to choose the correct color before the pre sale?

mary
    November 18, 2014 at 12:59 pm

as always, beautiful before and after! hard to believe they are the same people sometimes!

Whitney
    November 18, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Hi Cara, can you confirm the dip brow color? Ebony seems very dark for her natural brow color. Thanks!

Whitney
      November 18, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Btw, the makeover is stunning!

Agoprime
    November 18, 2014 at 11:25 pm

WONDERFUL MAKE UP, GREAT POST!!

Lena
    November 19, 2014 at 9:59 pm

she looks amazing both before and after.
    excited about the new launch. hope international shipping being offered?

DiaryOfAMakeUpAddict
    November 20, 2014 at 1:31 am

Wow, can you say gorgeous!!
    Xoxo Nathalie

jessvii
    November 20, 2014 at 3:03 am

I love this makeover. My mom has very similar coloring to Bethany, but is older (obviously). A lot of the makeup in this makeover is shimmery (the eye shadow, the lip gloss). Would that be inappropriate for a woman over 50?

Sophie
    November 20, 2014 at 6:34 am

Wow, she looks absolutely amazing! She has such beautiful facial features like you said! You are an amazing makeup artist Cara 🙂 I just found your site, you and your work are always perfect! x

Liz
    November 20, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Beautiful makeover! Gorgeous hair and makeup.

Laurie
    November 20, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Love it! The hair reminds me of this tutorial of yours (the Marisa Miller hair)… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAAqVbaOKI

Joanne
    November 23, 2014 at 4:32 pm

There’s something I’ve never heard before “my hair is fine but pretty darn thick”…what does that mean exactly?

Lynn
    November 29, 2014 at 7:47 am

Is there a makeup video? Very pretty

Merrie Hess
    March 16, 2015 at 10:34 am

WOW! This is one of the prettiest makeovers I have ever seen! You are so good at making people lok flawlessly, naturally, glowingly beautiful.

Jill
    April 1, 2015 at 7:01 am

Did you change/groom her brows at all before applying dipbrow? The shape and growth pattern in thebefore photo is similar to mine and i Love the after shape and overall look!

Jill
    April 1, 2015 at 7:04 am

Tutorial?

Emily
    April 3, 2015 at 9:49 am

How did you apply the ebony dipbrow and make it look natural and light? When I use it, it looks super dark and nothing like this!

The Power Of Makeup | TrendingNews.press