Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites!

I really struggle with patience. I just want all of the things right now;) I loved this reminder, though. It’s not just the waiting that counts. Most people are forced to wait. It’s the grace while you’re doing it that makes the difference.

This beautiful engagement photoshoot kind of rocks my world.

Two words. Blank Space.
Capes are my new favorite male accessory.

I’m REALLY loving baggy tops right now because of comfort, nursing and the flattering aspects. This one is SO cute plus it’s on sale!

I’m already daydreaming about Thanksgiving pies. Got my eye on this one.

Christian has not been old enough for any “Elf on the Shelf” ideas for Christmas until now. I LOVE this version that is a more “Christmas Spirit” take on a fun tradition.

This guy is so funny ( if you like stand -up). I totally agree about the joys of adulthood.

LOVE this scarf. Love it.

This video of two makeup looks (day and night) is really gorgeous and it’s fun to watch such an incredible artist at work!

I got talking with some friends the other day about our very first email address. Mine’s pretty boring ([email protected]) but everyone else’s were cracking me up, so I was hoping you guys would share yours with me? Anything super embarrassing? or hilarious? back story too?

November 14, 2014 at 2:25 am

I’m always such a fan of your friday favorites. I think my first email address was [email protected] or something like that- i looooved dolphins to the point of geekery and 44 was my basketball jersey number the year I created the email account! The kindness elves idea is really nice- I don’t have kids, but I’m pinning it for my friends who do.

I will say I can never open any of the rstyle links to your fashion favorites- I’m sure it’s just a problem with my browser as opposed to the links themselves. If I’m lucky, I can catch the name as it starts to load before the link fails and then just google it in the next window… has anybody else had this problem or is it just me? Happy Friday, Cara!

Christina @ Whip This Up
    November 14, 2014 at 3:22 am

My first e-mail address was christina__18@… Super dumb to do two underscores in a row, and super lame to do “18” when I was only 16, looking forward to the day I would be 18. 🙂

November 14, 2014 at 3:39 am

My first email was VASocerGrl@ because:

1) I lived in Virginia
    2) I played soccer
    3) I am a girl
    4) I think I was all of 15 when my parents subscribed to an internet service (dial up, of course) and asked me to think of an email address

We also had a family email, JAJAK@ which stood for Jim, Anne, Jessica, Andrew, Kathryn – our family in order from eldest to youngest. Funny thing is that BOTH of my parents still use their original email address while my brother, sister and I migrated to some version of first, middle initial and last name (fortunately my maiden name is unique).

November 14, 2014 at 4:00 am

[email protected], for reasons that are a little too obvious. Then during 5th grade (which is when I talked my mom into letting me get my own email) I created like 10 of them: [email protected], [email protected] (big twilight fan), [email protected], and [email protected], and [email protected] (still use that one).

Emerald Earrings
    November 14, 2014 at 4:09 am

oh my goodness – her dress in the engagement photos!!! If I could just look that perfect one time in my life I think I would be blissfully happy. haha

November 14, 2014 at 4:19 am

My e-mail address in highschool was “mrscaptainjacksparrow@” haha. What can I say? I had a big crush on Captain Jack Sparrow.

November 14, 2014 at 4:43 am

I’m old enough that my first email was my college email address, just my first initial and last name. So it was boring. But I used the username Spaz for a bunch of websites/forums/message boards starting in my early 20s and probably would have used it for an email if I had had one earlier. I grew six inches in six months in my teens and lost all semblance of grace. Constant, constant tripping, banging into things, etc. So everyone called me Spaz.

November 14, 2014 at 4:46 am

My first email, (and I’m still using it!), is stac3esquire. If you’ve ever seen Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure you’ll understand!

November 14, 2014 at 6:48 am

My daughter loves her Elf on the Shelf but we’ve never done the “naughty elf” nor have we told her that the Elf is watching to make sure she is good. Our Elf is just a cool little friend who comes and helps us celebrate. She helped us make gingerbread houses, decorate, wrap gifts for other family members exc. I’ve never liked the “be nice or no gifts from Santa” concept. Maybe I am way over thinking it but I want my daughter to good, sweet and carrying because it’s the right thing to do, not because she will get presents. Just my thoughts though.

Those photos are beautiful!

November 14, 2014 at 8:21 am

I think my first email address was [email protected]. I had a beautiful blue eyed Persian white female kitten that I named Angelfire, so I used that for my email name. I was married then and we couldn’t afford a computer, so we used Web TV. We had an internet box that hooked up to our tv with a keyboard and that’s how I was able to access the internet. Great invention! I wonder if it’s still around??? I’ve had lots of different email addresses, but I can’t remember most of them. I remember [email protected] because I love writing poetry. The only email address I use now I’ve had since 1999. I was looking at a Victoria’s Secret catalog and they were offering cool t-shirts that read Nice Angel, Sweet Angel, Cranky Angel, etc., so I made [email protected] my permanent e-mail address. When I was shopping in a White House Black Market store one day the lady cashier asked for my e-mail address for promotions to send me & I warned her it was kind of long. She told me that she finds that a person’s email address is indicative of who they are, so when I told her my [email protected] address she told me there was some truth and insight to my personality through my e-mail name choice. She also laughed. It’s true, I am a cranky angel! I am a good person, but I hate mornings and sometimes I can feel a bit cranky around some people and situations. 😉

arnella kajtezovic
    November 14, 2014 at 9:40 am

Oh my gosh I love the elf on a shelf!

November 14, 2014 at 10:20 am

Mine was MiniIni1@… The reason being was because my mom’s was IniNaonWin@… Which is a Native American term I think. Therefore, I was a “Mini Ini”

November 14, 2014 at 10:50 am

I can’t remember my extremely creative, mature email addresses from when I was younger, but I still use a gem (so I can’t post the whole thing) superduperj…. when my daughter was about three she thought it was fun to call everything she liked “super duper”. She would say “you’re super duper mom!” She knew she was being a witty three year old and that made it even more funny. It’s superduper embarrassing to tell people my email address but I’m too lazy to change it.

Elise White
    November 14, 2014 at 11:42 am

[email protected] I don’t know what on earth I was thinking.

November 14, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Love the Taylor Swift video, by the way!

November 15, 2014 at 6:40 am

My email was [email protected] I was such a dork. I even had Kevin’s voice saying “hey baby, you’ve got mail” every time I signed into aol. That was back in the dial up days 🙂

November 15, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Hahaha, I’m pretty sure mine is the worst and it was rondofiki, a word I apparently made up and wanted to share with the world.

November 15, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Please do a tutorial on how to get those day-to-night looks in the video!! It was so pretty, but I would really like to know what products to use and how she got her lips to look so full and pouty for the night look!! Love that lip color and the night eyeliner is so cool!

November 16, 2014 at 9:08 am

Is there anything you recommend as a moisturizer/toner that is a bit more affordable than the Metamorphosis product? My mom is 50, and the mother of four kids and looks STUNNING but she is looking for a product to try that would help her age more gracefully — although I think she looks perfect 🙂 I’ve been searching through your posts but haven’t found anything. Thanks 🙂 <3

Kate Ryan
    November 16, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Patience is not always easy. Try to think about what others look like when they are being impatient. I don’t want to look like a fool to everyone around me.

Kate Ryan

November 17, 2014 at 12:51 pm

My email address was boring, but my mom (who was in her forties at the time) chose BetsyBigButt. Flaunt it I guess?

November 17, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I’ve always liked Joyce Meyer. I’ve always had the same boring email. But I like it that way. And you’re a doll.

November 18, 2014 at 2:14 am

Fun question about the first e-mail! Mine was fitchbabe15… ew ick. These days (14 years later) you wouldn’t catch me in an Abercrombie & Fitch store… especially after comments the CEO has made recently.

November 18, 2014 at 9:20 am

my brother created my mom’s email addresss for her when he was 14 (15 years ago) She still has it, even though it embarrasses the heck out of her when she has to give it to someone.

November 18, 2014 at 10:12 am

Your Blank Space link kicked off a T Swift marathon while I clean. 🙂 My first email address was [email protected]… My older sister made it for me because, although I had absolutely no reason to have an email address at 8, I just HAD to have one. I remember thinking cutiepatootie? What kind of word is THAT? But rolled with it anyway… lol

Klara Kamilla
    December 4, 2014 at 3:23 am

So obviously I’m late to the party but how could I not share? I had tons of email addresses as a tween, but my favourites would have to be:
    [email protected]