Friday Favorites

This time of year is MY FAVORITE for makeup shopping because GIFT SETS.
Although through the years I have become very discriminating when choosing my holiday purchases.
Some gift sets look like a a fantastic money saver but actually aren’t because:
A. I will only use a small portion of it
B. The packaging is big and the actual makeup is not
C. There are too many duplicates of things I already have.
So I study them all very carefully before making my decision.
I’m buying mine this week because

from today until Monday it’s 20% off everything at Sephora for any VIB or VIB Rouge member. So I’m obviously gonna take advantage of that:)

Here are my picks & why:

November 6, 2014 at 8:46 am

I just fell for this from sephora…a “free gift” of deluxe samples, that when you hold up to the light to read the directions…you find out are not even half full. Nothing is free…ever 🙂

Jessica Pierson
    November 6, 2014 at 8:47 am

W00T!!!! I got my winter hydration kit a couple months ago (with the clarisonic Mia 2 in it), and I ordered my VIBRouge Exclusive Smashbox Double Exposure eyeshadow palette on the sale. SO EXCITED!! Gorgeous colors, and I’ve never used Smashbox eyeshadow. i’ve been lusting after the Full Exposure palette for a while. There’s ONE other thing I really want but I decided I should wait… although i’ll probably buy it let’s be real here.

November 6, 2014 at 9:05 am

Am I missing something? On my computer the post ends with “here are my picks and why.”

November 6, 2014 at 9:26 am

Same for me, can’t see anything past that 🙁

November 6, 2014 at 9:28 am

What computer and browser are you using? I am on a Macbook using Chrome.

November 6, 2014 at 9:42 am

Do you have an add blocker installed in your browser? I didn’t see it either in my regular browser firefox because of that but I see it fine using chrome

• Jennifer
            November 6, 2014 at 9:45 am

Bingo! That did the trick! I would have never thought of that. Thanks!

November 6, 2014 at 12:10 pm

I can’t see it either. I did pick up The Kat Van D star studded eyeshadow book and The Smashbox contouring kit.

November 6, 2014 at 9:25 am

Have you seen the Josie Maran Winter Dreams collection? From the reviews, 2 items are full sized (the argan oil light and coconut water eyeshadow) and the rest are fair for “deluxe size”. Just ordered it yesterday so excited to see how they perform, looks like a natural look used together based on YouTube reviews.

November 6, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I looked over the Sephora selection as i’ve spent enough money there to get this 20% deal, I like the Josie Maran collection and I was thinking about the Sephora make up collection. Otherwise I tend to agree with Cara that some of the special gifts are a little on the skimpy side.

November 7, 2014 at 4:30 am

I got that Josie Maran Winter Dreams set and it is amazing. Do it! So worth the money, I have used everything in it every single day.

I got the Urban Decay lipstick set for myself, I love the formula and didn’t have any of the colors, plus you get a full-sized clear pencil to keep the bright shades from bleeding.

November 8, 2014 at 2:47 am

karen at makeupandbeautyblog has a review on this. it looks good on her!

November 6, 2014 at 10:15 am

It’s so busy right now you can’t even get on the site….

Megan S.
    November 6, 2014 at 11:06 am

Tomorrow QVC is having the Clarisonic Mia 2 as their Today’s Special Value and it is on easy pay if you wanted to do that. I love my original Clarisonic.

Diane lahr
    November 6, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Don’t have a Sephora near me, how about Ulta?

Emily Shea
      November 6, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Just order online at!

Heidi Daoud
    November 6, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Clarisonic! Done and done. (Although I may have to check out the QVC option)

Heidi D.

November 7, 2014 at 4:51 am

You picked so many great ones – I am excited to do my post on this next week!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Gift Sets - 4 Your Skin Care
    November 7, 2014 at 8:35 am

[…] Read more ….. […]

November 7, 2014 at 3:21 pm

How does the Clarisonic compare to the Olay?

November 8, 2014 at 9:41 am

I LOVE my Clarisonic. I got the Mia, which is the smaller version and I’ve been using it non-stop for 4 years now. I notice that my make-up applies/absorbs better when I use it for a more flawless look. What about any of the NARS giftables???? Being a NARS junkie, I thought I’d throw that out there.

November 8, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Am I missing something? Haven’t gotten an email from sephora with teh 20% off details…I am a beauty insider. Is it a generic code or personalized?! please help!

November 9, 2014 at 6:47 am

I got an email from Sephora. I think you have to be a VIB or VIB Rouge.

November 10, 2014 at 9:04 am

No “Monday Makeover” two weeks in a row? :\

November 10, 2014 at 10:11 am

Clarisonic sounds like a good set. I am always looking for new skin products xox

Amanda G.
    November 10, 2014 at 3:41 pm

I have been wanting to purchase a Clarisonic, and this set looks perfect!

November 12, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Rodan + Fields Macroexfoliator is far superior to the Clairisonic! You should totally try it. The Clairisonic just moves the dead skin cells around, whereas the ME vacuums them off of your face, revealing those super healthy glowing skin cells!

November 12, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Seriously love this! what a perfect gift guide!

Beauty Gift Sets: Waste or Worth it? | The Beauty Mag
    November 24, 2014 at 8:06 am

[…] enough, I had this post in my drafts for a few weeks and saw something really similar by Cara at Maskcara. She’s a makeup genius so I’d trust her […]