Makeup Makeup Products

Before I had kids (and even after for a long time) I was all or nothin’ when it came to getting ready. Either I looked homeless or I spent half the day glamming up. But as the years have gone by the days when I have 3 hours to get ready have dwindled down to maybe two a year – if that! So I have really had to change and find ways to feel pretty in a short amount of time.
On days when I take the 5 minutes to get looking pretty I always wonder why I don’t bother on the homeless days!

I felt that with the busiest season of the hear upon us I aught to share some of my latest favorite time saving tips. I teamed up with Sally Beauty on this for two main reasons I LOVE their products and I LOVE their prices. Most of the makeup products at Sally are even less expensive than most drugstore brands. I have no idea how they do it. Also,  I think it’s SO nice that there is a Sally Beauty in most areas where other beauty super stores are kind of hit and miss.
Not to mention the fact that this month they are all about “Thanksgifting” to all of us so if you spend just $14.99 you get a free gift! This month it’s that adorable sparkly pink clutch below.

1. Prime! Femme Couture Get Poreless
I know that primer seems like a step you would skip when you’re trying to save time but I actually think that’s a mistake. Sometimes if you are having a good skin day you can just use primer because it will cut the grease and smooth out the pores. But even if you plan to apply foundation this makes it go on smoother and last longer – so no time consuming touch ups. It only takes a few second, so don’t skip it!

I love this primer. It’s not super mattifying for those of you who want that, but for dryer skin types it’s perfect because it doesn’t ball up or sit on dry skin it blends right in.

2. BROWS – Femme Couture Perfect Arch in Dark Brown and Black
I’m SO excited about these brow pencils! I generally use the MAC Brun shadow and an angled brush but I’ve been wanting to have a pencil I can use as well since it is soo much quicker. I’m really picky about color and I love my brows really dark so I was struggling to find the perfect product. These two colors are a PERFECT mix (omit the darker shade if you are lighter than me and it should work:)

Make sure the tip of the pencil is well sharpened and then go through and create little hairs where your brows are sparse or where you want them thicker or darker.
Then if it looks spotty (if you’re eyebrow hair is non-existent like mine it might look a bit like hair plugs..) go through with the lighter brow pencil and fill in small hairs in between.
Then I use that same lighter brow pencil to lightly line my lips. To give them some dimension. Then I blend it in with my finger to make sure there’s no line showing.

3. Eyeshadow Sticks – Femme Couture Shimmer Stick in Toasted Glow, Rose Glow & Champagne Glow
Have you ever used these babies???? Eyeshadow sticks shorten your shadow time by like 80%.
I took 3 colors. The dark at the lash line and the crease, the light beneath the brow, and the mid tone right on the lid in quick swipes and then just blend with your finger. SO QUICK and easy.

4. Gloss/lipstick – Femme Couture Lip Luster in Creamy Coral
Finish the look with a quick layer of gloss or lipstick, I chose this pretty pink.

October 31, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I’m sure it’s difficult to find time for yourself when you have kids, but I’m glad you’ll take 5 minutes for yourself. You show us how enhancing your looks doesn’t have to be time cruncher. You look so pretty here, as always.

November 1, 2014 at 3:08 am

Hi Cara! I’m so pleased to see that you love the Femme Couture products, as I have been using them for some time now and am so happy with their quality. I especially love the brow pencils, because they’re a powder pencil, as opposed to a gel pencil, which I can never get to look natural with my sparse eyebrows. Thank you for all the wonderful makeup tips and amazing tutorials. You are a beautiful person, inside and out!

Anka Kulus
    November 1, 2014 at 7:10 am

Im so jealous. Your haircut and make-up looks so perfect!

November 1, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Awesome Cara!! I especially love the lip color on you. I think it’s important to have a reliable quick pretty makeup look one can achieve when short on time. Or just when you don’t feel like doing a lot. This look fits the bill nicely and simply. And effortlessly!! It’s just the ticket! 😉 By the way, I absolutely love your rings! Where did you get them?? 🙂 Super pretty and very cool!!!

November 1, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Love this description. I’n an AuPair right now, which is basically like being a mom for a year, and I’ve never got more than five minuets to get ready, so usually I don’t bother putting on make up for the day. But I’ll go ahead and try to use some of these tricks.

November 1, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Thank you for these ideas. I am not a makeup person at all…but at my age I need to be. I appreciate you sharing your talents.

November 1, 2014 at 7:28 pm

I kinda love you! Do you think you could do a tutorial on this so we can see it in action? Especially the eyeshadow stick part. Thanks for all you do!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    November 2, 2014 at 11:18 am

Your skin looks so flawless!!!

November 2, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Absolutely killing it!

Emerald Earrings
    November 3, 2014 at 5:43 am

Love this! So hard for me to cutback on my makeup routine.. but I need to! It’s getting a little over the top :/

November 3, 2014 at 7:26 am

You are just so beautiful!

Amy Eskridge
    November 3, 2014 at 2:32 pm

What do you do for blush?

November 4, 2014 at 12:01 pm

How does the pore minimizing primer compare to the benefit pore minimizer?

November 4, 2014 at 12:09 pm

LOL. Homeless. That is so me more than I would like to admit! Loving your tips!!

I’ll add my 2 cents as well…if the kids are fighting or making you crazy where you can’t get your makeup done take your basics to the car, belt them in, and sit in the drivers seat before you leave the driveway and finish. Voila! xo Janalin

November 4, 2014 at 1:39 pm

i’m totally going to send you a selfie so you can see just how homeless i look today and how much i needed these tips! thanks cara!! xoxoxo

November 5, 2014 at 9:48 am

Hey Cara! Does the Femme Couture Get Poreless cause breakouts at all? I’m always so concerned with that… especially since you said it’s great for dry skin! Wondering if my oily skin would hate me!

Weekend Roundup | thisfitblonde
    November 8, 2014 at 5:02 am

[…] I love when I have time to get all dolled up and put my face on, but that’s about once a month for me.  Here are some shortcuts for every other day. […]

Charlotte from AZ
    November 8, 2014 at 12:38 pm

You are beautiful! And thanks for sharing your tips…I use these pencils from Sally’s too and love them. I have turned several of my friends on to them too! Love your Blog!

October 11, 2015 at 7:56 am

Beautiful and delicate makeup. You are expert at what you do!