Friday Favorites

Friday Halloween Favorites

Every year my family has a big family Halloween party. We all look forward to it and we ALL dress up but most of us are Professional Procrastinators so usually our costumes are thrown together on the day of the party.
Incase any of you are in the same situation I thought I better share my favorites from last year so you can throw something fun together real quick!

WE chose to be a redneck family from Toddlers and Tiara’s with Christian playing the pageant princess:)

He was MADE for a mullet, right?

He made a cute girl for about 2.5 seconds and then ripped the wig off and spent the rest of the night like this:
(Don’t worry he got to be Spiderman for real halloween:)

My little Joe Dirt:

joedirt copy

My SIL Randi threw on all of her jewelry collection and some dark lipstick to become a gorgeous gypsy princess:

My nephew Brook got a leather jacket drew on some side burns and hair sprayed his hair to become a perfect Wolverine:

Hope you have fun this weekend! I can’t wait to see everyone’s costumes. It’s my favorite!
Ps do you have any great last minute ideas?? I need one for tonight!

October 30, 2014 at 10:00 pm

You could be “someone who works from home and video conferences all day” wearing sweatpants/pj bottoms and then a nice top.

October 31, 2014 at 1:15 am

My husband and I went as marry poppins and Burt the chimney sweep! It’s super easy. white blouse, black skirt, black tights, umbrella, hat with red flowers 🙂

October 31, 2014 at 2:29 am

i love all those costumes! honestly i don’t know if this qualifies as “last minute”, but i completely 180’d on the costume i had planned when i was running errands last night… i had seen smlx0 do a frozen mermaid tutorial on youtube and i thought “cool, maybe next year” because i was going to be a ghost, but then i saw that all christmas stuff was basically 50% off at joann’s and hobby lobby. and i shelled out less than 20 bucks getting some icy-looking implements for a frozen mermaid look (or possibly just frozen ice queen, in case i don’t have a mermaid-y enough outfit). it’s incredibly last-minute and i don’t know how i’ll pull it off, but i’m excited!

October 31, 2014 at 4:58 am

I am going to dress as a 50s housewife. I’m a stay-at-home-mom so it will be fun to glam it up vintage style tonight! Easy to throw together last minute.

R Liz
    October 31, 2014 at 5:14 am

Ooh please do one of those tutorials you posted last Friday! Maybe a new “mummy”?

Hanna Kasper
    October 31, 2014 at 5:50 am

Love this! I’m doing this half face skeleton makeup here and just wearing a black dress!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    October 31, 2014 at 6:26 am

Love these!! My family and I are going to be Lumberjacks. Easy and cheap 🙂

October 31, 2014 at 7:14 am

You could be a cat! Do you have a black outfit? Draw black whiskers on your face with eyeliner, lots of mascara and maybe a smudged black nose. Since you’re good at applying fake lashes you could wear that. Add a head band with cat ears and you’re set. It’s ok if you don’t have a cat tail. 🙂 You could wear just a black t-shirt and jeans. It’s ok if the jeans are blue. 😉

October 31, 2014 at 8:06 am

It would also be ok if you don’t have cat ears! It will be obvious that you’re a cat when you draw the whiskers on. 🙂 If you can’t find a cat head band (although I would check the Dollar General type stores, as they usually still have them on Halloween) you could cut out some paper ears and tape them to a head band or barettes or bobby pins even if you like. If you need a quick cat tail you could get a long black sock and tuck part of it in the back of your jeans or skirt and let it hang out. 🙂 Maybe your husband has some long black socks if you don’t or maybe ask a family member if they have any long black socks. It’s a simple costume! And very cute. 🙂

October 31, 2014 at 8:14 am

Oh yeah, you could also stuff the sock with other socks or cotton balls or something and then tie a few black pony tail holders spaced out around the sock to give it more of a shape! You could also safety pin the sock to the waist band of your jeans or skirt so you don’t lose the sock. 🙂

October 31, 2014 at 8:18 am

HaPpy HallOweeN CaRa! And HapPy HalLOween everybody!!! Trick or Treat!!! 🙂

October 31, 2014 at 9:16 am

I am going as “90’s grunge”…don’t know if it is an official costume though. Looking forward to my flannel shirt, vans, smudged makeup, and dark lips!

October 31, 2014 at 9:31 am

I’ll send you pictures of my costume and my daughter’s costume!! 🙂

November 2, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I went as a scarecrow, with my jeans, check shirt, my straw hat, and brown boots. I stuck some raffia strands out of my boots and sleeves to look like straw, glued a few sunflowers to my hat, then drew stitches on my face (as I had seen on pinterest, of course!!). Bit creepy, but totally doable with everything on hand already at home (sans the fake sunflowers, but any flower would do!)
    I love the Joe Dirt look – absolutely awesome!!

November 2, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I am absolutely convinced Christian would look adorable in anything and the gypsy look is such a great idea!

xx Kelly