Eyeshadow School Makeup

Tip Tuesday – Copper Lids!

Hi Guys!
OK so for this season’s color challenge we chose COPPER. Which is kind of perfect because I feel like I’ve been putting copper lids on everybody lately.
What I love is they go with every single eye color well AND they go well on fair or dark skin AND they go well with nude, pink or vampy lips. So they are kind of a no brainer.
I’ve been using my new FAVORITE copper shadow Milani Bella Copper:
Which is basically like a cream to powder consistency so the color pow factor is up there. It really adds a spark plug to your look and all I do is tap it on with my fingertips right on top of the lid.

Or for a little extra take a small shadow brush and line the entire eye with it.

Check out how stunning Sallie looks with her fair skin-pink lips-copper eyes combo:

Totally babe-a-licious amiright? ( I also used josie Maran Infinity tint in Always Cherry  her lips and cheeks!
Be sure to get a load of all the other fun coppery ideas below!
And PS I’m so sorry I haven’t gotten to comments in a couple days we are on a little family vacation and Billy is keeping me up all night! I promise to catch up asap!

Photography by Jessica Janae

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    October 28, 2014 at 8:04 am

This eyeshadow color is amazing! I love how it pops!!!

Jane Norton
    October 28, 2014 at 8:05 am

What did you use for the lips?

October 28, 2014 at 8:11 am

Josie maran lip infinity in always cherry:) link above!

Rachel S
    October 28, 2014 at 8:43 am

I’d love to hear an update on the release of your new IIID Foundation. I know you’ve had some delays but I’m really hoping you’ll be doing pre-orders soon! Also, since there will be more color options this time, it would be really helpful if you could do some posts ahead of time on how to choose the correct colors for your skintone. You could show examples of different women who would fit in each color range or at the very least, do some sort of detailed description of the colors and who they would work for. It would save you the frustration of having lots of returns/exchanges due to color and would help your excited customers have confidence that they are placing the correct order!

October 28, 2014 at 8:51 am

Really pretty. I’ve never thought to wear copper before. I’m definitely going to try it now! Thanks!

October 28, 2014 at 9:24 am

The copper is beautiful! I too would like some more info on your products. In Sept you said at the end of the month they would be available for preorder…..I’m still waiting! Patiently though 🙂 Thanks!

Jane Norton
    October 28, 2014 at 10:17 am

ok, thank you! i swear that link wasn’t there before! lol

Emerald Earrings
    October 28, 2014 at 10:22 am

Gorgeous! I’ve always shied away from Copper tones, maybe the ones I’ve tried have been a little too red-toned? This inspires me to give another shot though!

Emerald Earrings
      October 28, 2014 at 10:39 am

p.s. I keep finding Milani products at my local Dollar Tree! I get so excited every time 🙂 haha. Definitely worth checking just to see what they might have!

kristen @ glambunctious
    October 28, 2014 at 11:59 am

Wow, this is gorgeous! She looks stunning. Copper is such a great shade to pop the eyes!

October 28, 2014 at 1:08 pm

This is beautiful and inspiring! I have some Mary Kay cream to powder copper shadow that I stopped using because it looked strange on me. I think the difference was lining the whole eye with it. I’m going to try again.

Laura Markle
    October 28, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I love how it makes her light eyes pop! I’ll have to try this color!

She Likes to Shop

Summer Ann
    October 28, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I’ve always loved copper on lighter eyes. My sister has gorgeous blue eyes and copper really makes them stand out but never thought to try it on mine since they are brown! I’ll have to try it!!

Summer Ann

The Rusty Skillet
    October 28, 2014 at 3:40 pm

WOW! She is so stunning. And I love the copper with her eye colour. Perfection.

October 29, 2014 at 3:48 am

Any other copper eyeshadow recommendations? I can’t find that product in Canada.

October 29, 2014 at 5:48 am

What a cute idea! I love the colour – perfect to dress up or down! <3

BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Cassie T - Lovely Weeds
    October 29, 2014 at 9:53 am

She looks beautiful! I used to wear bronze/copper all the time, you’ve reminded me how pretty it is 🙂

October 30, 2014 at 6:10 am

All signed up for the pinners conference! Can’t wait to meet you!!!

November 3, 2014 at 9:57 am

I just happened to run into CVS Saturday night and walked right by this eyeshadow (which of course I stopped dead in my tracks) , it was on sale for $3.29!

Jammu Tourism
    November 3, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Tourism Department is organizing Spring Festival at various venues in the Srinagar City – Tulip Garden, Dachigam National Park, Sher-i-Kashmir International and Vaishno Devi Hills .

I'm The Mami
    November 8, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Was wondering if anyone thought the Maybelline Copper 70 pallette (well, the copper color LOL) would work for this look? Inliterally just bought it today, it was the eyeshadow used in the Angelina Jolie (with drugstore finds) post. I live in MX, and even though we have some of the brands recommended here, not all the same colors and not every single thing! Would love to try this…

Would I use something to make the look creamier? The eyeshadow I mention is just a dry powder, not a creamy one.

And, is she wearing blended eyeliner too right? Im such a noob. 😉 love your blog Cara!